[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I play this? I heard it had a lot of problems. Can someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: mariosun.jpg (15 KB, 188x267) Image search: [Google]
mariosun.jpg
15 KB, 188x267
Should I play this? I heard it had a lot of problems. Can someone fill me in?
>>
>play it
>form your own opinion
Don't give me any shit about not wanting to waste time, you post on /v/.
>>
It's basically Mario 64 with fewer, but better, levels and with a jet pack to help with platforming. People don't like it because the ending is crap and the game is "unfinished" because a lot of stars are for collecting blue coins.
>>
>>342967251
>I heard it had a lot of problems.
Not really
>>
unplayable trash, just play Galaxy 2

SMG2 even fixed the clunky 3D Mario yoshi gimmick
>>
I heard the game literally doesn't reward you in any way if you collect everything? Can any anon confirm?
>>
>>342968719
You get a different "congratulations" screen after the credits.
>>
Even if its the worst 3D Mario, its still good and worth playing
>>
>>342968719
your file block gets a little icon. totally comparable to yoshi in SM64 of course

it's the experience that counts, right
>>
>>342969538
It's not like Yoshi did anything. Why would I need 100 lives if I've already cleared the game?
>>
>>342967251
It's functionally the worst 3D mario since there's a fair amount of padding and arduous collecting in the blue coins, along with some SERIOUSLY wonky physics in some of the later bonus levels like the pachinko level, the chuckster level, and most grievously the poisoned water and lily pad level, but it's still a very good game. The physics are a bit polarizing but I love how mario controls and the FLUDD was a decent addition even if you didn't like the hover function.

Bosses are pretty crap save for like two of them though, so that kinda sucks. By far the worst final boss.

The graphics and aesthetic of the game is maximum comfy for gamecube hardware, the water looks great and there's a wonderful amount of polish in the aesthetics of Delfino.

Game's still a solid 8.8 or higher.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.