[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help me /v/, im a trophy whore and dont know how to get over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: PS4-Trophies.png (196 KB, 610x333) Image search: [Google]
PS4-Trophies.png
196 KB, 610x333
help me /v/, im a trophy whore and dont know how to get over it, i dont buy a game if it has online trophies or if i see i wont get the plat because its too hard, for example, i want the new doom but im not gonna buy for those online trophies, how can i deal with this? anyone with the same issue? trophies/achievements killed videogames imo
>>
bumping for advice
>>
Stop giving a shit. You don't benefit from getting trophies. Easy enough you OCD fuck.
>>
>>342959704
Two accounts. One for perfect trophy whoring. One for enjoying games. Pro tip: enjoy the game first.
>>
File: 1464746440583.jpg (16 KB, 296x400) Image search: [Google]
1464746440583.jpg
16 KB, 296x400
I finally stopped giving a shit. It feels nice not following a guide or following a trophy guide while playing. I actually used to judge a purchase on how easy the trophies were.
>>
>>342959704
The Doom online trophies are easy, stop being a pussy.
>>
Stop trying to 100% everything and just 100% what you really love instead (and won't cost you insane amounts of un-fun grinding). I had to work past that mental block myself a couple years ago and I feel loads better for it.
Also, the online achievements for D44M are piss easy IIRC.
>>
File: platinum.png (1 MB, 1221x3066) Image search: [Google]
platinum.png
1 MB, 1221x3066
>>342959704
Go out and get some friends. Get laid. Seriously.

Shit I barely even play video games anymore, much less trophy hunt for them.
And this is coming from someone with almost 50 platinum trophies.
>>
>>342961109
I only have 12 plats but I have trophies that are more rare. LMAOing at your life.
>>
>>342961869
you are like little baby to me
>>
>>342960882
>enjoy catherine
>want to 100%
>those fucking achievements
sometimes i just can't . even if i love the game
>>
Wow. There really are people who give a shit about trophies? Why?
>>
>>342959704
>not using cheat codes on games that take away trophy for doing so
>>
>>342961109
how annoying was zoe 100%?
and disgaea? (tho i still need to finish all games are on my backlog)
screw dante inferno . missing last challenge or whatever was called
>>
File: do it anon.jpg (73 KB, 1247x329) Image search: [Google]
do it anon.jpg
73 KB, 1247x329
>>342962078
>>
>>342962314
>>how annoying was zoe 100%?
Not that bad, finished it in one night.

>and disgaea? (tho i still need to finish all games are on my backlog)
Don't do it. It's not worth the stress and RNG bullshit. It took me over 130 hours of gametime to finish it.
>>
>>342962386
Nice. I'm doing Catherine on Xbox right now.

>tfw no one to do babel with
>>
>>342962572
You can easily do everything up to axis mundi alone with just one player.
>>
>>342959704
Just treat achievements the same way you treat video games. If theres one you don't like don't bother. If you think a game sucks take pride in the fact that you didn't put all that effort into 100%ing a shitty game
>>
>>342959704
No one is going to look at your profile to check out your Platinums.
>>
I'm usually happy if I have 80% of trophies. Anything less then I hide them from my list.
>>
>>342962806
>Anything less then I hide them from my list.
H-How?
>>
>>342961109
>almost 50 platinum trophies
jesus, man. i know there must be people out there who have more of them, but why torture yourself through it?

i only did it once with an easy one (AC2) to see what it was like, can't even imagine myself doing it over and over again for more games.
>>
File: trophies.png (445 KB, 775x1237) Image search: [Google]
trophies.png
445 KB, 775x1237
I just play games that I want to get and do my best to get them. If I end up not liking the game or don't care enough to bother, I don't bother getting them all, see related with AC4.

If you absolutely have to, find some people to boost online trophies with
>>
>>342962078
If my gf who sucks at vidya can do it so can you. Get moving fgt
>>
>>342962872

Its in privacy settings.
>>
>>342962110
Every Platinum I get grows my e-dick by another inch.
>>
>>342962110
I just like to be challenged. I'll plat unless it's dumb shit like ass creed collect 900000000000000 fucking templar cocks bullshit. That doesn't take skill it's just busy work
>>
>turn notification off
>enjoy the game 100 times more
>>
>>342964307
This.
>sucked a monster's dick while doing some jugglery bullshit
>congratulations! take this retard trophy!
>>
op here, i know the online trophies are easy as fuck but i dont want to pay to play online, i dont have ps +
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.