[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is looking like a very interesting game What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
This is looking like a very interesting game

What am I in for? Any tips for a SRPG newbie?
>>
File: laughing_sluts.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughing_sluts.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>342947645
>not playing the superior version, aka WotL
>>
>>342947645
There are some points in the game, where Ramza is forced to survive on his own. So skills like Chakra and Auto-Potion become really useful, if not mandatory, especially the latter.
Agrias, despite being a holy "knight", is much unlike the Knight job. Holy Knight isn't a tank, it's a heavy mid range nuker. Be sure to make her learn Hallowed Bolt (PSP ver translation) asap. Having access to Holy Knight skills on other jobs really helps, but she needs to be able to use a sword, which takes up a passive slot on classes that can't use them.
Ninjas are pretty much the best physical attackers because of dual-wielding.
Arithmetician's job command is near gamebreaking, but should be used on a Black Mage or another spellcaster job, since Arithmeticians have shit speed and m.attack.

The game really awkward difficulty curve. It's rather easy, but throws at you some stupidly high difficulty curves once in a while. One of them is in the very beginning in Dorter. You might want to be sure to have White Mage and Knight jobs unlocked at this point. But don't grind or you risk getting fucked by the random encounters, which scale with your level.
>>
>>342947645
Since I don't feel like seeing another retard whining and bitching about it: Make a backup save BEFORE entering castles or other places with consecutive battles. Game DOES warn you about these so you know when you are facing area like this.

>>342948492
Spell quotes alone make the original the superior version.
>>
>>342947645
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/cheats

I'm not sure how the cheats would work via emulation, but the PSN version of FFT is great. Fuck the slow as hell PSP version on PSTV.
>>
Don't let one of your characters get too high a level lead on the others, since random battles are scaled to the level of your strongest character.
>>
>>342949094
>backup save
>not just cycling through all save slots
>>
File: zodiac wheel.png (39 KB, 552x549) Image search: [Google]
zodiac wheel.png
39 KB, 552x549
>>342947645
Make sure Ramza has some survivability, there are a couple solo fights in the game
If you act without moving or move without acting you get your next turn faster, so if it is advantageous if you wait for a chance to do something useful instead of doing something shit like throw stone
Charming an enemy can throw the entire fight in your favor; the status effects in general are super powerful and shouldn't be ignored.
Brave, Faith, and Zodiac signs affect everything in battle, including amount healed and chance to revive. If your Brave drops to the 20's that character leaves the party, if your faith raises to the 90's they also leave. You can modify this with Mediator skills. Zodiacs work like the attached chart; bonus to good, minus to bad; the min/max line depends on unit gender. A male unit matched with a male unit gets minimum compatibility, but with a female unit gets max compatibility.
Even if it is really hard to get Mustadio, make sure to get him. All the sidequests rely on him being alive.
>>
>>342949869
>Even if it is really hard to get Mustadio
What? How was that hard? Are you telling me some people somehow manage to lose him? How can those people get through the rest of the game, if they can't even do this?
>Zodiac signs affect everything in battle
Meh, never felt the need to bother minmaxing those. Brave and Faith Mediator grind is more than enough.
>>
>>342950216
Last time I played, it was 1.3, so getting Mustadio was made into a challenging fight and modifying brave and faith were removed
I forget the last time I played vanilla, so maybe those are off base as first time advice
>>
File: image20.jpg (2 KB, 300x57) Image search: [Google]
image20.jpg
2 KB, 300x57
>>342950647
>Last time I played, it was some unofficial mod
Honestly I don't understand why do you people think this is ever relevant in these threads.
>>
Ramza makes a good monk
>>
>>342948565
>Holy Knight isn't a tank

Yes it is.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.