[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ retroactively hates Schafer's old games because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: psychonauts.jpg (117 KB, 638x573) Image search: [Google]
psychonauts.jpg
117 KB, 638x573
>/v/ retroactively hates Schafer's old games because of what he became years later

It's not fair.
>>
File: Manny.jpg (51 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
Manny.jpg
51 KB, 599x600
>Schafer's old game

Since when the fuck did /v/ hate Grim Fandango?
As retarded as /v/ gets they don't thrash the bone zone that quickly.
>>
Only retards do this.
>>
>>342943947
How's this game on pc? It's .99 on steam right now.
>>
>>342943947
Psychonauts is decent. Doesn't fully hold up though. Brutal Legend was his last good game. Everything after that has been shit.
>>
>>342944583
le 3.3 face xD
>>
I never liked psychonauts though. turned from a decent platformer with optional collectibles to a boring collectathon that dragged on too long.
>>
/v/'s loudmouth masses retroactively hate anything that prefaces shit, even if what it had been was fucking great. See: RE4, MGS3, OoT. This board is more for contrarian hipster low-lifes and armchair market analysts than it is for people who like video games, these days.
>>
File: 1463009558835.gif (819 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1463009558835.gif
819 KB, 400x400
>>342944556
Like any other port to PC. It's like RE 4. It looks good in game 720/1080p, but the cut scenes are still the same from consoles, it's like 420p.

Good game overall, and it's 1.00 dollar. Funny as hell too once you use triangle on everything in the game to hear the hidden dialogue.
>>
>>342943947
Hey, I always thought Psychonaughts was lame
>>
Who the fuck hates psychonauts? Memespouting degenerates? Ignore and hide.
Schafer lost his talent completely but it's not a reason to hate his older great works.

I fear that he will rape everything i liked about the original game in a sequel though.
>>
I never liked the game or understood why it was praised so much
>>
>>342944995

because it was in an age where gamers were so thirsty for any amount of humor, any game that tried/managed to be even a little funny got ridiculous amounts of incessant praise.
>>
>>342944556
Very fun and easygoing, with lots of interesting characters and some zelda/metroidvania elements. Surprisingly solid gameplay especially when you get yourself a levitation ability and start bouncing around like crazy.
>>
I really enjoyed the gameplay of Psychonauts but I found the character designs outright disgusting. That was probably the point but they were hideous. Black Velvetopia best level.
>>
File: 1426990604272.gif (2 MB, 468x360) Image search: [Google]
1426990604272.gif
2 MB, 468x360
>people think Psychonauts 2 is going to be shit just because of Broken Age
BA was an over budgeted poorly handled mess but that was mainly because it was a simply game that got way too much money and people expected a lot from it.

I didn't back either but we're finally getting Psychonauts 2 so everybody can fuck off
>>
>>342943947
if this would be true, then it would work backwards too, meaning all obsidrones would be hating all new obsidan games because they are shit compared to what they used to make 100 years ago
>>
>>342943947
his games were always overrated hipster shit.
>>
>>342946886
>if "a implies b" is true then that must mean "b implies a" is also true

Logic is not your thing, is it?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.