[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Empyrion Galactic Survival
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
Does anyone else play this its a pretty amazing game
>>
>>342936864
i have and still play it occasionally but have a few problems with it. bumping for now
>>
Is this an another "survival crafting game" no. 98268485736th?
>>
first of all, i don't like how it seems like if you don't own the starter box you can't do anything. i dont know if theres a way to get onto your feet without that box and only the host gets an items cache so he has access to all this free shit right off the start of the game for no reason, so pvp is out of the question (yet there are still servers for this, how?). what sandbox games give you all you need to survive in the first second of the game anyways? by the time youve finished youve built a base and all the necessities but then what? nothing. enemies are pushovers, they get stuck in corners for example and even the ones with guns dont fire until they are 3 feet away, they just run at you and then die in 10 shots with the lowest tier weapon (pistol). only threat is turrets and those cant move. searching the world is a chore, theres nothing out there at all. sure there are mountains and trees but no reason at all to visit them because it will automatically show you where all the resources are on your minimap saying you discovered that when its 500 meters away behind a fuckload of mountains. its like a giant waypoint shows up for you to mindlessly get these materials. speaking of which i have encountered at least two times where i had to restart because no iron ore was on the map anywhere. north and south pole are completely inaccessible as well. i like how there is strafe jumping, i don't like how it completely breaks enemies. they seem to have fixed the moble robots so that they are now faster than when you strafejump but all the other enemies are just as stiff and useless and im beginning to think they all have the same health (even large dinosaurs). the farming mechanic seems pretty useless as there isn't ever really a time when you might need to do it since food is fucking everywhere. my biggest issue is you can respawn if you die right next to your dead body. i haven't played to the point of having a spaceship yet but im not too interested even out the gate
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ZNUnPG5DM
I gotta give it to empyrion. The enviorment looks better than space engineers for the moment
>>
>>342939661
also if it were cheaper this wouldnt be so bad but they are asking for 20 dollars. 20 dollars for a sandbox you will probably like for 10 minutes then realize its shallow as fuck and unenjoyable. its not even fucking finished yet and its been over a year since my friend gave it to me now and it has made progress, namely the randomly generated planets and so on but nothing on the actual interesting side of things. oh, did i mention you need a vpn client like hamachi just to play online? aint trying to roast the developers but im just salty my friend actually likes it and always wants me to play it but I HATE IT MAN THIS AINT MY SHIT
>>
>>342936864
I like it, it's pretty fun.
>>342940260
It's a lot prettier since they added trees, didn't realise what a difference it'd make
>>
>>342936864
I bought it the other day for like, 13 can(b)ucks and it's pretty fun. I've nearly got my base roughly how I want after 3 or so sessions, 5 hours. I plan to go to space soon!
>>
>>342940819
I'm sure you can play it without a VPN if your network is properly configured senpai.
>>
>>342941945
have you tried? i only know what my friend told me
>>
File: 23455853.jpg (50 KB, 617x603) Image search: [Google]
23455853.jpg
50 KB, 617x603
>>342941831
>ip counter didn't go up
>>
>>342942471
I had typed that and my hots queue popped, forgot to refresh so I could add more before posting but I also wanted to respond to that guy. Sorry I'm interrupting your precious thread(???)
>>
>>342943953
the new meme is spicy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.