[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it's gonna be shit because Musou, right? https://www
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6
File: l_5767cbf3d3659_thumb.jpg (47 KB, 554x313) Image search: [Google]
l_5767cbf3d3659_thumb.jpg
47 KB, 554x313
So it's gonna be shit because Musou, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSHdgWiZok
>>
>>342935234
Right.
>>
No, it's going to be shit because they're exploiting the Casca rape scene to sell off as some shitty pre-order bonus.
All significance means nothing because now her emotional trauma is now fapbait for lonely neckbeard virgins.
>>
>>342935887
What a stupid thing to cry about
>>
Should have been a Kill La Kill game to be honest.
>>
>>342935887
Literally who cares.
>>
>>342935887
>muh waifus
>>
>>342935887
(you)
>>
>>342935887
it was alwasy fap bait by the way
>>
>>342936008
Just go kill la kill yourself.
>>
>>342935234
It's like mixing chocolate with pasta. Both can be enjoyable, but not together. Shit's a bad mix since A single slash should be able to gore small fry. In Musou, small fry are damage sponges.
>>
Should have hired the Dragons Dogma team to do a Berserk themed game, would have been the GOTYAY
>>
I don't get it

Musou is perfect for Bersek, especially since he fights hordes of enemies everytime

From the trailer, it feels like the sword has weight, so I really don't see any problems so far. Maybe there will be one if enemies are too damage spongy
>>
>>342939327
>perfect for berserk
Kill yourself for real my man
You don't know anything about Berserk
>>
>>342935234
>trailer not available in your country

what the fug
>>
>>342939429
What other gameplay style would fit berserk?

inb4 soulsfag jerking off to Miyazaki's use of things popular in European literature.

DMC wouldn't work either since that's all about maintaining style, Guts kills most things in one swoop. What kind of game were you expecting?
>>
>>342941528
god I hate the people who think that soulslike would fit berserk
>>
File: gutspoke.jpg (50 KB, 275x300) Image search: [Google]
gutspoke.jpg
50 KB, 275x300
It'll probably be pretty fun.
>>
>>342941528
Would a gameplay like Metal Gear Rising or Ninja Gaiden Black work? They're action games but their "style" is less about being stylish and more about eliminating enemies as quickly and efficiently as possible, with enemies also posing a real threat to you if you let them hit you back.
>>
>>342942393
I don't think either of those games would work either. MGR was all about parrying and parry-counter. Neither of which would work with Berserk. Ninja Gaiden, I don't know either. Again, Guts is all about those one hit kills. Maybe Musou gameplay for everything but bosses, which would be more like Ninja Gaiden, sure.

Anime where the protag is very strong and has little difficulty disposing of enemies tends to be very hard to convert into satisfying gameplay. That's why you had all of those meme fags begging for an OPM game.
>>
>>342942393
Too much exploration, getting key items, and platforming. Metal Gear Rising has less platforming, but it's still there sorta
>>
>>342942527
Ninja Gaiden 2 is about dismembering then killing with an instant kill move immediately afterwards

Then you chain UTs.

Berserk would work with NG2 style.
>>
>>342935942
look up Berserk Musou on tumblr and prepare for some whiny, cringey shit regarding the Casca stuff.
>>
File: shit.jpg (44 KB, 1047x529) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
44 KB, 1047x529
Technically the genre is fitting but Mosou games are always just so terribly executed. They have no amount of polish. Just look at the trailer. Each enemy type always looks the same and they all react in the very same way when being hit (see pic). Combat has no weight to it at all. The mechanics is shallow as fuck with each characters having like 7 different combos of the typical AAA, AAB, BBA variance and a super meter that charges up to trigger each a screen clearing move or some kind of temporal super charge.

They are just lazy licence cash-ins with love put into them.

That doesn't mean that it won't be a bit of mindless fun, but a Berserk game could be so fucking good if done right. It's a waste of potential.
>>
>>342942634
Any sort of action game would be better than this Musou shit.
>>
It'll be fine as long as every single stage isn't a tower defense segment.

Fine for Golden Age, don't fucking put that shit anywhere else.
>>
>>342942847

Obviously I meant to say "with no love put into them".
>>
Anything's gotta be better than the shitty Dreamcast game
>>
>>342935234
>video is blocked
So what was it?
>>
>>342942962
But that's where musou game's difficulty comes from. Protecting your troops and bases rather than having to worry about your character's vulnerability
>>
>>342943074
PW3 is the best one piece game
They know what they're doing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emFVFZhSQKA

thoughts ?
>>
File: smug.png (36 KB, 387x587) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
36 KB, 387x587
Fuck Japan. They can't make good games anymore.

I feel sorry for Berserk fans. One of the last good animes before anime itself died out.
>>
>>342943284
>berserk anime
>good
>>
>>342943229
Generic and boring.
>>
>>342935234
>So it's gonna be shit because Musou, right?
yes
>>
>>342943229
Not fitting in the least, more fitting for something like Jojo or 5D's.

Least it's better than PUT UR GRASSES ON
>>
>>342943302
The 90's anime is good, it just suffered from a seriously low budget, but tonally it was pretty spot on. God tier sound track too.

Too bad we're never going to get a proper anime and the new one looks like garbo.
>>
>>342943182
>can't make a games gameplay difficult
>better make the objectives hard to compensate
And this is why Musous are shit except very very rare exceptions
>>
It's the only way a berserk game would work. You would know if you actually read the manga
>>
>>342943229
Wtf i don't want to be this guy but this doesn't fit at all...

Why is it not something like the song in the 2nd trailer?
>>
>>342943363
Put ur grasses on was better solely by virtue of being more memorable.

This is so generic it's absurd.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>342943229
ewww

sound like your generic seasonal shonenshit #98567
>>
>>342943229
Absurdly bad for what's supposed to be an adaptation of Lost Children/Conviction.
>>
Musou can't do berserk any justice, sure you can have guts kill 500+ enemies but berserk is way to fucking rich in story that they couldn't possibly capture any essence of berserk

and how are the bosses gonna work? lmao just fight all the way up to Femto and the God Hand?
>>
>>342943229
Very generic.
>>
I don't particularly mind it being a musou since the last one I palyed was like a DW during the early PS2 days, but they better put a massive effort on sound design and oomph factor.
>>
>>342943408
No it fucking wouldn't. The only thing Guts cuts through like a musou is unskilled humans. Even other skilled humans are at least able to stand up to him without immediately dying. He continually gets his ass wailed on by basically everything else and only wins through trickery or ignoring pain with a few exceptions here and there like the trolls.
>>
>>342943367
>Wanting an anime adaption when it will compress and cut scenes
Manga for life
>>
>>342943464
Schierke's confirmed as a character so no
>>
>>342943229

>Sounds weak as fuck
>Made by some guys named 9mm bullet

Too perfect.
>>
>>342935234
What's wrong with Musous? It's fucking awesome to just kill everything
>>
>>342943670
I never said I "want it".

I'm fine with just the manga.

I still think it's a shame though that there will never be a good anime adaptation.
>>
>>342943661
>Even other skilled humans are at least able to stand up to him without immediately dying
Back in the Golden Age, maybe. Serpico is the only current human character that can put up a fight, and that's only when he has advantageous terrain and Guts intentionally gives himself a handicap.
>>
File: 1466829447644.jpg (25 KB, 358x512) Image search: [Google]
1466829447644.jpg
25 KB, 358x512
>>342939327
Dragon's Dogma.

At least in Hard Mode enemies can fuck your shit up while the only time you may have a hard time in a musou is because friendly AI is set to "do nothing at all" while enemy AI is set to be aggressive (which is still "do almost nothing while player is here)

I hate musous and I especially hate people who defend it.
It's boring and the only reason I play those shitty games is because of the fan service (eg One Piece, Zelda, Gundam)
>>
>>342943735
>It's fucking awesome to just kill everything
>crawling in my skin intensifies
>>
>>342943401
>battlefield management isn't gameplay
Combat isn't the only form of gameplay
>>
>>342943806
>At least in Hard Mode enemies can fuck your shit up while the only time you may have a hard time in a musou is because friendly AI is set to "do nothing at all" while enemy AI is set to be aggressive (which is still "do almost nothing while player is here)
person who never played on above normal difficulty in musou games
If you beat tutorial - aka story on normal, doesn't mean you know anything about games
not to mention that you played only spinoffs
and probably never completed adventure map in HW
>>
>>342943772
Every threat in the Berserk series uses strategy, Guts too.
Too bad there is nothing like that in musous. It's just mashing buttons

>>342943867
>kill enemies before they get to your forts
>management
You're managing shit in musous
>>
>>342943229
Sounds like Real Drive's OP which was pretty good
>it's made by the same band
Oh, well that makes sense
>>
>>342943815
>Killing hordes of rapemurder demons is edgy
Is Doom edgy now?
>>
>>342944080
He was defending musous in general.
>>
>>342943960
But sometimes there's a ton of guys going to your fort or attacking vital NPCs and they're all across the map from each other. Gets hard to juggle them
>>
>Guts cuts down an entire group of men single handily
>makes him a legend
>game about Guts mowing down even larger groups of enemies at a faster pace
Kind of ruins the whole mystique of Guts at that point
>>
>>342943958
Don't worry, I played a few of the PS2 games.
And I've completed the Adventure maps in HW. Very repetitive

>>342944290
The NPCs don't do shit and as you said, most of the time you just juggle the enemies to death.
Most of the time those troops are some kind of timeout anyways
>>
>>342944427
I meant juggle as in juggling between them, picking which one to deal with. And I'm talking about the NPCs that if they die/retreat you lose the mission
>>
>>342943229
It's no PUT YOUR GRASSES ON but I like it.
>>
>>342944531
>And I'm talking about the NPCs that if they die/retreat you lose the mission
Yeah, they're barely doing anything too.

Depending on the mission you either fucked up or just have to get the current objective ASAP.
On your way you can just get rid most of the enemy reinforcements by using your special moves anyways.
>>
>>342944374
At that point Guts was just a ridiculously stronk man.
He's now got a metal arm, an EVEN BIGGER SWORD and fights monsters like Zodd on nigh even terms at times.
Normal men are like paper for him at this point.
>>
>>342944716
Too bad that at that point he's not fighting against men anymore
>>
>>342944695
Well, whatever man. Hyrule Warriors Legends is difficult. I mean, I'm not getting any game overs or anything, but sometimes I fail one of the objectives or side missions or whatever.
And the later hard mode missions in the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors are actually really tough. I don't know if I'm supposed to grind or what
>>
>>342943958
> playing above normal in Musou
> enemies are still passive as fuck
> health pools are so inflated even Tom Preston says it's too much
>>
>>342945085
>grunt attacks can deal 1/3 hp damage
either way - grunts are always passive. Good luck dealing with officers
>>
>>342945381
>Good luck dealing with officers

you can still perma juggle them

though it takes so fucking long the timer might run out
>>
>>342945489
maybe cause your weapons are shit
anyway other than passive - huge amount of enemies won't work
if every grunt was actively fighting - that game would've filled with whining about how game is unbalanced and that you can't do any combo without being interrupted.
>>
>>342945661
> maybe cause your weapons are shit
> have to play on the even more braindead lower difficulties to get better weapons

nah nigga
>if every grunt was actively fighting - that game would've filled with whining about how game is unbalanced and that you can't do any combo without being interrupted.

wew
>>
>>342944897
>I mean, I'm not getting any game overs or anything
So it's not difficult, then.
>>
>>342945085
>health pools are so inflated even Tom Preston says it's too much
nice
>>
so /v/, what exactly are some GOOD musou? I had no idea they were so disliked here. I mean, I can see why, but surely there must be one or two that you actually like, right?
>>
>>342946054
SW4, WO3, DW8XL
>>
>>342946054
I like DQH, PW3 and HW
The main musou series' never grabbed my interest.
>>
>>342946365
>DQH
that's not even musou
it's shitty arena action rpg with towerdefense elements
>>
With all the bitching about him having an RPG party these days, you guys wouldn't want one? I'm a sucker for turn based combat tho.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.