[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see Enter the Gungeon threads almost every day >suddenly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
>see Enter the Gungeon threads almost every day
>suddenly /v/ stops talking about it

What happened?
>>
People stop caring.
>>
referred to as "flavor of the month"
>>
The developers of the game quit paying people to post about it.
>>
>>342932412
That's how long the game stays fun

The use of static guns and few character enhancements mean that runs are going to be incredibly similar to each other. It's easy to get real bored real fast
>>
>>342932412
People ran out of things to talk about. The game is good, but its set up in a way that really you won't have much to talk about it after a while, and that's fine, not every game needs to last forever to be worth playing.
>>
flavor of the month syndrome
also not as good or creative as nuclear throne
boring weapons, lame music, lame level design, cool bosses
>>
>>342932973
But Spelunky lasted for over a year and what is there to talk about that game? It's just one guy whipping shit. It boggles my mind how it could be popular in the first place.
>>
File: bird.jpg (31 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
31 KB, 539x960
>>342932412
>It's not a fotm they said
>it ended up killing /lite/
>>
>>342934341
>>it ended up killing /lite/
>this guy can't be serious
>check
>it's gone

Wow, no wonder no one talks about that game.
>>
I got it the other day, it's pretty fun. Are there any other characters to play as besides the starting four?
>>
>>342932412
literally flavor of the month.

shit happened with nuclear throne.
>>
>>342934495
There are two hidden characters that you can unlock.
>>
>>342933112
spelunky and similar games like Nuclear Throne all condensed the "rogue" games down to the pure basics.

Randomly generated rooms
Kill everything in sight
Shit gets harder
Die

This style became popular, but the reason why it was popular was because all the obtuse bullshit that was added was removed.

then comes enter the gungeon who thought "hey these games are fun, lets add back the obtuse bullshit to draw away all the people looking for a nice no-brain arcade experience, reduce the difficulty and challenge to put off all the thrill-seekers, but make sure to not add enough bullshit to keep the super spergs stimulated"

this'll be great
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.