[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never played a Blizzard game. Well actually Lost Vikings but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Diablo_III_cover.png (122 KB, 255x354) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_III_cover.png
122 KB, 255x354
Never played a Blizzard game. Well actually Lost Vikings but that doesn't count. Should I jump into this?

I really enjoyed both Torchlights and Path of Exile.
>>
Play rockn roll racing or that guy with the shotty
>>
>>342927597
It's good, in terms of pure gameplay its the best aRPG on the market. /v/'s problems with the game mostly stem either from the story which is admittedly meh at best and endgame/itemization, which is debatable as of the most recent patches and not something you will notice on the first playthrough anyway.
>>
>>342927597
play diablo 2 LoD instead OP
>>
>>342927597
It's fairly good, yes. Gameplay wise it's probably the best arpg isometric hack and slash shit right now.

Take a look at Grim Dawn though. It's 25 bucks on Steam and it's really great - a wide build variety, interesting combo class system, the items and skills are fun to use, the athmosphere is dark and unforgiving. It's got a lot more substance than D3 for sure, and that's coming from a guy who put like 600-700 hours in the latter.
>>
>>342928338
Oh yeah I got Grim Dawn as well since I really liked Titan Quest.

GD is good. Been spamming the ethereal green laser beam. Though I'm not a fan of the art style. Everything looks chunky.
>>
>>342928213
This. Diablo 3 is missing something but I have no idea what it is. Dropped it after one play through.

D2 lod sucked me in for a long long time.
>>
>>342928501
Oh yeah, the art style is kind of an acquired taste.

If you aready got GD and never played D3, get it. You're in for some pretty fun times.
>>
>>342927597
D1 or D2,
>>
The combat is satisfying and visceral although the ability to build your character pales in comparison to something like Path of Exile. So while you might not get endless gameplay out of it, it's definitely worth a playthrough.

I particularly had a lot of fun with Diablo 3's local coop.
>>
>>342928338
Grim Dawn is my personal goty. I love the atmosphere and art style and cannot stop experimenting new builds. I love the first act but everyone else think it's too slow. A shame there is no proper pvp. Hopefully someone will mod it in.
>>
>>342927597
get it on console unless you find the thought of doing a bunch of shitty tasks every 3 months for a year just to have more stash space appealing.
>>
>>342927597
it's a fun game, it has the best action gameplay of any game of its type.

only buy version that comes with expansion, as the original version is like 2 years behind now

you'll have fun, it'd be practically impossible not to.

Don't listen to people telling you to play diablo 2 etc. The games are dead/nothing but bots online, and playing online is a big part of the diablo experience.
>>
Super easy to get into.
End game gear practically boils down to specific legendaries depending on build.
Combat is easy to understand and master.
>>
>>342927597

>Should I jump into this?

no, blizzard is dead
>>
Whether you should get it depends on what you liked about Path of Exile. If you like neurotic min-maxing, then D3 is not the game for you. If you like clicking on mobs and them exploding, then it's superb.
>>
As someone who plays more ARPGs than I'd care to admit, at this point if you play PoE there's genuinely no reason to get into D3. I used D3 to break up my PoE addiction, but PoE is just so good at tthis point it's a waste to play anything else.
>however
D3 is very very fun, it's shallow as a puddle, with all the depth end loaded into exceedingly annoying rng. It takes about 12 hrs from the start of a season on a good class to go from 1 to TX/GRift farming. If you play 30 hours of a char you've experienced all there is. At that point any additional time goes into very very small upgrades, shit like going form Ancient Leg Gloves that have 5.5% CC into an exactly similar pair with 6% base. I pushed GRifts one time, and it was awful. Now I just wait for new seasons and rolla Sader into Monk and then quit and wait for the next season. Generally I'll play about 1 week at best. It is fun though, just has no real reason to exist, because PoE is more fun, and deeper, and just generally better.
>>
>>342927597
D3 has come a long way since it first came out. I still play a few hundred hours every season. Definitely worth the money, but as others have stated there are cheaper alternatives.
>>
>>342932317

What are you talking about? Compared to 95% of games blizzard games keep a remarkable user base over time, even SC2 has a hundred thousand players or so.
>>
>>342928808
It's build variety and pvp. Almost everything in D2 was viable. Wanna make a war-cry barb and yell your enemies to death? Yep you can do it. Wanna make a melee sorceress? Grab a passion runeword and use enchant to create one of the strongest fire zeal classes ever.

That freedom to experiment with giving classes different abilities completely outside of their traditional roles made for some fun experimentation.

The pvp keeps the game from getting stale. Whether you're competitive or not it doesn't matter. It presents a challenge that is not controlled by the numeric values of enemies.

Here's the big problem with D3. For the most part, it's the same exact game once you reach a certain difficulty level. The progression system works like this: Struggle against enemies until you farm enough to kill them more quickly then move on to the next difficulty to get better equipment. Once you're there struggle against enemies until you farm enough to kill them quickly then move on to the next difficulty.
>>
Cool. I'll probably pick it up soon. Does it go on sale often?
>>
>>342927597
the worst part of the game is levelin up paragon since you can technically just keep going all the way up past 10,000... so you keep increasing the difficulty and if you don't have a proper build you'll not be able to get to the highest difficulty unless someone pulls you up. So make sure you don't pick a shit build. Making sure you also level up your paragon points properly.. and getting set items and mixing set items and using some cude to get extra abilities.. there are indepth guides... i suggest a monk hand of god build, a wizard disintigrate build, or a paladin steed build.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.