[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played a Pogeymans game before. Which games in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 17
File: Pokemon-Red-Blue.jpg (146 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Red-Blue.jpg
146 KB, 970x545
I've never played a Pogeymans game before. Which games in the series are worth playing?

I understand that there are remakes available of the first few games in the series. Is it worth playing the originals when the remakes exist?
>>
>>342925650
>yellow
>emerald
>diamond
>any mystery dungeon
>>
>>342925650
>Is it worth playing the originals when the remakes exist

Yes. The originals are much better than the remakes.
>>
>>342925650
no, the remakes are better.

Pokemon is pokemon though, you can start anywhere there's no story between the games or whatever.
>>
>>342925862
agreed

I'm playing the eShop version of Blue. Tauros is literally impossible to catch. Throwing a rock leads to almost guaranteed running, and I've thrown countless safari balls with no success
>>
I'd that say while the newer games don't always impress as much as some of the older games did at the time due to not being as big of a leap forwards, it is still hard to go back to not having the additions of new Pokemon, moves and types etc introduced in later games.

I'd personally say just play Heart Gold or Soul Silver, Black or White, Black 2 or White 2 and X or Y.

I think those four give you a good spread of the best of the modern games and also just the most recent new games. Healthy mix of quality and up to date systems and Pokemon.
>>
>>342926153
can you play black 2 without having played black?
>>
>>342925650
Play Platinum and HG/SS. Those are the absolute high points of the mainline series.
Afterwards, play the Mystery Dungeon games. Either the Red or Blue ones, then Explorers of Sky, then Super.
There's also Gates of Infinity and the JP-only Wiiware one, but you can skip those.
>>
>>342926295
You can play White and then Black 2 or Black and then White 2, but if you're asking whether you should play one of the "first tier" games before the "second tier" games, then yes.
>>
>>342926295
Yeah, I think you get more value from it if you have played BW since it's a rare case of a direct sequel and the way the region has changed between the games is interesting. But like all Pokemon games it totally stands on its own.

Many people would also add Platinum to that list but Diamond and Pearl left me with a seething hate for Sinnoh so I can't recommend it personally. I also think that you should only play one Gen 4 game before moving on to more modern entries and HGSS are vastly superior to Platinum.
>>
File: Pikachu_Beach_intro_screen.png (4 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu_Beach_intro_screen.png
4 KB, 160x144
Yellow. You can play the surfing Pikachu mini game
>>
>>342925650
Emerald
Platinum
Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Black/White
Black 2/White 2
If you're buying them my apologies for your wallet.
>>
>>342925650
FireRed/Leaf Green are vast improvements, with the originals only worth playing out of nostalgia. Heartgold/Soulsilver and Black/White and their sequels are the best in the series, but honestly Gen 6 is a good starting point.
>>
File: Pokemon_crystal.png (134 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_crystal.png
134 KB, 256x256
Start with this one OP
>>
In order:

Fire Red/Leaf Green
Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Black/White
Black 2/White 2

Then hold out hope that Sun/Moon are good, else you're done.
>>
>>342926540

This. GBC Johto is maximum comfy, even fourth gen can't compare.
>>
no, and anyone who says the remakes are worse is a retarded genwunner
that being said, you should play each game once
>>
In this order.

>Crystal
>Fire red/Leaf green
>Emerald
>Platinum
>Heart Gold/Soul Silver
>X/Y

Gen 1 and 5 are shallow and pointless. You get nothing of value from playing them.
>>
I would say play at least one game from every region.

FireRed/LeafGreen
Heartgold/Soulsilver
Emerald (even thought that's a bit of a backwards step from HG/SS)
Platinum
Black/White
Black 2/White 2
X/Y

And then Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire if you're still itching for more.
>>
>>342926758
>Gen 5 is shallow and pointless
>recommends X/Y
>>
File: HLzf0.png (515 KB, 827x452) Image search: [Google]
HLzf0.png
515 KB, 827x452
>>342925826
>Recommending Diamond over Platinum
>>
File: frustrated.png (110 KB, 601x502) Image search: [Google]
frustrated.png
110 KB, 601x502
damn i miss the old art style
>>
I think a lot of people underestimate quite how dated many of the older games are. Also if you played then as they were released there is no issue but ultimately while each game has its own quirks for fans the Pokemon format is the same now as it was when it started. If you try to play every game in the series you'll burn out long before reaching the end.

Play one game from each Gen 4, 5 and 6. Start with the modern era and don't spend too much time in one gen. Afterwards if you want more explore the franchise more afterwards. I'd recommend HGSS, BW(BW2 if you really want more of BW) and XY.
>>
>>342925650
>>342925650
A lot of people HATED gen 3 (ruby, sapphire, and emerald) but I really really enjoyed them. If you're gonna play gen 3, go for the original Emerald game. Gen 3 has a more colorful atmosphere and varied map. It deserts, mountains, caves, a volcano, icy places, beaches, a rainy jungle, and (admittedly) too much ocean
>>
>>342925650
My favorite game is Silver by far, but Soul Silver for the DS is widely considered one of the best. It's a remake of my favorite.
>>
>>342925992

When I did my first playthrough back in the 90's Tauros was the last one I caught. I ended up using the Cinnabar Island glitch to get one to spawn there so I could catch it normally. After that I would go to Safari Zone and just throw rocks at every one I saw.

Actually I think I still have my first Charizard somewhere. I would always trade it over when I started a new game.
>>
I liked Plat, it's pretty cozy.

People complain about the animation speeds. I guess they play Pokemon for the intense, high stakes action.

All I know is land turtles are pretty cool and Gardenia is my favorite Pokegirl.
>>
>>342926931
Do you really, I prefer gen 3 art so much
>>
>>342925650
Don't listen to anyone here, they are all just refinements of the same formula, just play the most recent one and you will have played them all basically.
>>
>>342925650
Play Yellow
Then Crystal
Then Emerald
Then FireRed or Leaf Green
Then Platnium
Then Heart Gold or Soul Silver
Then Black or White
Then Black 2 or White 2 (obviously go for the sequel of the game you played)
Skip gen 6, it sucks.
>>
>>342926540

What the point of playing 2nd gen first if he not going to feel the impact of the true ending without playing 1st gen?
>>
>>342926889

This. B/W were the best mainline games.

>the only games in the series with interesting characters (including best girl Touko)
>some of the best spritework for an underpowered system
>good amount of interesting and original pokemon
>a shitton of legendaries reminiscent of gen 2
>the best grunt theme in all the games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLJgscPE93w
>>
>>342925650
You're going to have some trouble starting the series this late. If you wanna start from the beginning go ahead and grab red/blue but be warned, they have not aged well. You could always grab ORAS or X/Y to get a feel for modern pokemon and get ready for sun/moon.

Unlike other games, pokemon isn't a series that you just "play through". You play one game for awhile and then take a break for a long while until the next one is released. Playing them consecutively would just burn you out fast.

I recommend the gen 1 and 2 remakes Fire-red/leaf-green or HG/SS if you wanna jump in now and don't mind going back to sprites. Otherwise by all means grab a modern one or wait for sun/moon.
>>
Pokemon isn't some series with a complex story, why would you want someone who is on the fence about the series to start with the most archaic, non-user friendly one to see if he likes it.

I grew up playing each game in the series as it came out, but I see zero reason why someone in 2016 should go through all of them the same way.
>>
File: 1315893539675.jpg (800 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1315893539675.jpg
800 KB, 1920x1200
>>342927145
1st gen looked like ass a decade ago anon
>>
>>342927197

Oh and I forgot

>vast and fun post-game rivaling gen 2
>>
>>342926889
Tell me one good reason why someone who's new to pokemon should play gen 5.

Gen 6 is played on upgraded hardware and offers a new experience. Gen 5 is literally just gen 4 but not slow.
>>
Saying you should play through Pokemon games in order is like saying you need to play through years of Madden games to be ready for Madden 2016
>>
>>342927000
I wish I still had my first Charizard
I wish I knew what its IV's were
I've used Squirtle for my eShop playthrough but I will attempt the ditto glitch for a charmander once I have someone with the right special stat. I don't wanna use missingno since i want my hall of fame intact
>>
>>342925650
They're all worth playing because they're all basically the same at their core.

That said, I'd recommend going FireRed/LeafGreen -> HeartGold/SoulSilver -> Emerald (IMO OR/AS are the only remakes that are weaker than the originals) -> Platinum -> Black/White -> Black2/White2 -> X/Y, I know a lot of people absolutely hate them but I thought it was fine

Of course, you only have to play one game of each pair, since they're both basically the same, but with a handful of different version exclusive pokémon
>>
>>342927304
That's why you play the remakes, retard.

>>342926540
You should also play the remakes of gen 2, much better than the originals.
>>
>>342927524

>much better than the originals

I'm sorry you were born without a sense of taste, anon. It must be hard to be so wrong so much.
>>
>>342925862

This guy is an idiot.

>>342925972

This guy is correct.

If you're anything like me and loved Gen 1 & 2 then I'd suggest playing either Soul Silver or Heart Gold. Then skip everything else because it's just more of the same and play X or Y.
>>
>>342927386
I tend to think of the older games as still being their own thing, rather than simply worse
>>
>>342927356
Because it's one of the best pokemon games in general anon. The level curve is great as is the mon selection. The story, while not spectacular, really adds some meat to the bones and fleshes it out nice while never gets to the point of interrupting you.

Meanwhile Gen 6 has some abysmal pacing and the game is easy mode even with the exp-all off. The plot feels a lot more like a annoyance than something you want to engage in in Gen 6 as well. I really didn't want to be interrupted by my 'friends' and their unique gimmicks at the end of every route.
>>
play one of the first gen pokemon games. I'd recommend yellow but any of them's fine. They're pretty basic and have some fucked problems with the coding (nevermind glitches some things just don't work right like certain moves for example) but there's a simplistic charm to them and they just feel earnest.

Then play Crystal. The gen 2 games are probably the best pokemon games (even though they're not my personal favorites) with the perfect middle ground between something old and something new.

I'd personally recommend Emerald because Gen 3 is my favorite but at the same time I'll fully admit this is just nostalgia speaking.

I never really liked the gen 1 remakes, felt kinda soulless if that makes any sense.

Don't bother with Diamond or Pearl. I honestly think they're just flat out boring games and probably the worst in the franchise. I hear Platinum was better but around this time I burnt out on pokemon and didn't care much.

Gen 2 remakes are pretty good but you can live without them. If you gotta play something from the DS era make it those I guess.

Black and White were okay I guess? I don't know again burnt out, never played gen 5 much in general so I can't speak for them.

While XY is what brought me back into the series and I absolutely love the games I can't recommend them in good faith since they're piss easy even by pokemon standards and even though I absolutely adore a lot of the pokemon designs the region and everything in it is pretty forgettable.

ORAS aren't that great. I enjoyed them for a nostalgia trip but that's about all the worth they have.
>>
>>342927218
Mostly agreeing with this anon.

Honestly though you can't go wrong. The only games I wouldn't recommend starting with are B2/W2 since they are direct sequels. But fuck, even that wouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>342925650
Don't bother. You've already missed the good times.
>>
>>342927771
Jesus Christ, are you me?!
>>
>>342927674
>Rebalances everywhere
>HOLY SHIT THE BOX SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
>Objectively more, better content and better graphics
>The godsend that was physical/special split
>Sprinting
>Online trading and battling (back when the DS had online)
>More minigames
>Battle Frontier >>> Battle Tower
I'm sorry you're blinded by nostalgia, but the remakes are O B J E C T I V E L Y better than the originals, because they have the same content, but more, and better, with more modern conveniences added on top.
>>
>>342927783
Edit: I suppose gen 2 is a direct sequel to gen 1 as well. It would be weird to play gen 2 without playing gen 1 first.

As another anon said, you'd miss out on the best final boss in the series.
>>
>>342927994

I don't think my story is all that unique
>>
File: 200px-Diamond_Pearl_Gardenia.png (52 KB, 200x329) Image search: [Google]
200px-Diamond_Pearl_Gardenia.png
52 KB, 200x329
>>342927005
Top tier taste in game and girls, my brother.
>>
>>342925650
You might as well just grab X/Y since they are all mostly the same aside from graphics.

Only complaint I have is that X/Y and ORAS are really, really easy. I guess that's not a huge downside since it's your first one though. Turn off exp share immediately.
>>
>>342925650
They're all the same. But Yellow and Ruby/Saphire are the best
>>
File: wallpaper10.jpg (212 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper10.jpg
212 KB, 1920x1080
>>342925650
I highly recommend anything Gen 4 and below but the most authentic "Pokemon" experience will come from Silver/Gold and Fire Red/Leaf Green
Gen 3 is my favorite but that's probably cause I played them first. If you're going to just play one game, I recommend Fire Red/Leaf Green
>>
Are there any good Sugimori art books?
>>
>>342929041
>Ruby/Saphire are the best
I'm a pretty big nostalgia boner for the original RS but you're wrong here anon. From a gameplay standpoint Emerald is superior, even though a few changes made me like it less.
And Plat, HG/SS, and B2/W2 all beat out Emerald as well.
>>
>>342929716
>correct opinions in a pokemon thread
>>
Speedrun Blue or Red. Yellow is completely optional. FrLg is a waste of time at certain points, but definitely go at a slower pace. Or do it the opposite way. To speedrun, you'll need a flying type for flying, a Squirtle to evolve so it knows Ice Beam, Surf, Strength, and _____ (Bite is a decent move.) A Zapdos can be caught using a Master Ball.

I haven't done a GSC speedrun, but the setup is fairly similar with a water starter knowing Ice Punch, Surf, Strength, and _____. I guess you'll need a fire type, but good luck as those are kind of hard to come by. HGSS is a MUST, so in all honesty, just play both iterations at a slow pace.

Platinum is best of Gen 4; Emerald has honorable mentions. I didn't like BW (did not complete) and haven't touched BW2. XY are trash and I don't think you'll enjoy ORAS that much if you do decide to play an original gen 3 game.

t. genwunner born 1993
>>
>>342925650
play heartgold or soulsilver. they are easily the best... and the pokemon follow you, which is just cool. it will cost you.. the used ones are pretty much still the retail price... like around 36 bucks
>>
>>342930445
I taught Dig to Blastoise.
>100 base power in gen 1
>destroy electrical types
>free infinite escape rope in dungeons - I always have blastoise on me anyway
Is Strength any good as a move?
>>
There is literally no reason to play the originals over the remakes.
Just the pure modern conveniences from gen 3/4 plus the upgraded graphics and new content is enough.
HG/SS before it's WIFI got shut down was god tier will all the content it had.
FR/LG make gen 1 bearable by todays standards.
>>
So guys why was ORAS a bad remake?

And what's the bad grammar?
>>
>>342930445
>speedrun
>squirtle
Definitely not oriented to a first time player, but if you intend on really going fast, charmander is the best bet, literally only because it knows growl. Im sure youre aware of the mew glitch to catch mew once you hit cerulean, but in addition to being able to manipulate which pokemon you find, you can manipulate the level you find it by changing how many attack stages it has, from 1 through 13 (7 being the base and then +/- 6, which is why its normally found at level 7). Get mew to level 1, and then because of its fucked up growth rate and gen I not normally having level 1 pokemon, mew will have negative exp, which gets taken modulo 32 to be max exp minus however many. Dont give mew enough exp to level up, he'll level to 100 instantly and you can cruse through the whole game on ez mode. 1st and 8th gyms are also able to be skipped thanks to the walk through walls glitch (convenient since you chose charmander), as can surf and strength (since you can walk to cinnabar and unlock the fly checkpoint and walk over victory road while you walk over the 1st and 8th badge checks), and silph co (walk over the rocket guarding sabrina's gym) for similar reasons. You can also perform the mew glitch on the route by vermillion, which for some reason causes the snorlax to disappear and lets you skip pokemon tower, rocket hideout, and rock tunnel and go straight to fuschia which is where you actually perform the walk through walls glitch, through safari zone fuckery. You won't need an HM slave since mew learns any TM and you wont need surf, flash, or strength, charmander leans cut, and you'll have plenty of money to buy TMs since you wont need potions or pokeballs or anything.

tl;dr gen I is fucking broken

but for a first time player, I would actually recommend bulbasaur as it makes the second gym easier and you get given a free lapras anyway.

>>342931105
Its okay, 80 base power normal type, better in gen I since there are no steels to resist it.
>>
Red/Blue
While outdated, it's important to play these just because of their legacy and influence

Crystal
Solid game, although skippable if you want to just play HGSS

FR/LG
Very, very solid games. Improved upon the originals immensely, very moddable. You can find a patch to update them to newer game standards if you want to.

Emerald
Probably my personal favorite in the series, solid all around

HGSS
Very good, but not perfect. They improve on nearly everything from the originals aside from the level curve, and include Crystal content and more, like the Pokeathelon.

Platinum
Arguably the best in the series, great at everything, with tons of excellent postgame.

BW/BW2
Worth playing, Black and White have a really unique only new Pokemon experience. It's polarizing for a lot of fans, but I found some new favorite Pokemon from it and enjoyed the experience. The sequels are fantastic and improve upon everything, especially postgame, immensely. The only flaw of 2 is the story, which is a bit of a let down.

XY
Not a fan of the games at all but still important to the series as a whole. Worth playing just to form an opinion on them. ORAS is skippable, as Emerald is better in every way.
>>
>>342931734
That's the autistic speedrun though. I haven't even bothered to do any of that manipulation business.
>>
>>342925650
Play them in order. Start with Red (because fuck yellow) and play it with SGB mode in the emulator for the correct colors.
>>
File: shame cube.gif (3 MB, 320x227) Image search: [Google]
shame cube.gif
3 MB, 320x227
>>342932058
Yeah, I may have got a bit carried away there and sperg'd out a bit. Ironically, its probably all a lot easier to pull off than I make it sound.
>>
>>342925826
>any mystery dungeon

Except Gates to Infinity
>>
>>342930445
>1993
Lol someone take this kid back to daycare.
>>
>>342925650
No. There are only 3 reasons why anybody would want to play the originals.
1) Nostalgia
2) Simply for the sake of playing the originals.
3) Glitches out the ass
>>
>>342925650
Emerald and HeartGold/Soulsilver are the best desu
>>
>>342925650
Originals aged like milk. All remakes are superior except for Ruby/Sapphire (you should just play Emerald).
>>
start with red/blue, that gen has the best world design by a large margin and it'll help get you into the weirdness of pokemon
>>
>>342936996
HS/SS really did a great job of ruining the Japanese feel Johto had.
>>
File: vp.png (4 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
vp.png
4 KB, 250x250
>>>/vp/
>>
>>342937420
>Japanese feel
Normally I would scream weeaboo,but please elaborate.
>>
Originals are actually fun because they don't have all the autistic mechanics of later games

Having stall movesets is a nice idea but in practice it's dumb as fuck and not fun. Weather effects are not fun and drag battles on far too long with the constant messages. Later typing (especially since gen 4) is just obnoxious and half the typings makes everything a huge pain in the dick to battle. Also fucking everything has a counter type as it's second typing, and everything is double typed which causes power creep vs older mons

Originals are better, 1 and 2 are great, 3 is good but unfortunately suffers from being the first to add shit like weather. Which is a shame because it is otherwise fun and has a very likeable set of Pokémon
>>
>>342937481
You can talk about Pokemon video games on /v/
>>
>>342925650
red and blue are fucking shit garbage

play crystal and then stop playing the series because all the earlier ones are broken shit and all the ones after are easy shit for babies
>>
>>342937481
I knew this would happen

Chill out, pkmn threads are rare here

It's not like everyone who likes the games goes to /vp/.
>>
File: pokemon trinity.png (632 KB, 1012x927) Image search: [Google]
pokemon trinity.png
632 KB, 1012x927
stick to these senpai
>>
>>342925650
play them in order dumbass
>>
File: 1466998207618.jpg (55 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1466998207618.jpg
55 KB, 480x720
>>342925826
>not FireRed/LeafGreen
>>
>>342937785
I agree completely
>>
>>342938173
those are shit though
>>
>>342925650
Is pokemon conquest good?
>>
>>342938249
Why, if I may ask?
>>
ignore all thee fags, I've been on /vp/ sicne the board opened and i can attest that the best pokemon game is pokemon black 2 or white 2
>>
>>342938467
terrible art style, passive abilities and various autism features that don't benefit that gameplay and only serve as clutter. if you want to play gen 1 you can only play the originals. the remakes are an abomination.
>>
>>342925650
Don't know at what point you want to start.
From the DS games Platin, HG/SS and Black/White 2 are good.
I'm not sure how much you can like thw older games withput nostalgia googles, but they are not bad either.
Also Mystery Dungeon is great.
>>
>>342938648
you're a retard, abilities are the best introduction in the series
>>
Remakes suck dick

Fucking children
>>
>>342938863
FR/LG and HG/SS are superior to the originals. Especially 2.Gen sucked.
>>
>>342938821
says the dumbass that thinks abilities are good and not in fact poorly thought out cluttered shit.
>>
>>342939184
t. 13 year old
>>
>>342939243
t. retard, without abilities a shit ton of pokemon are left in the dust because movesets/stats prevail giving them no niches
>>
>>342925826
This is the best way, for you get to see a better evolution of graphics and gameplay.
>>
>>342925650
Emerald, Soul Silver, X/Y
>>
start with crystal, emerald, platinum, or black2/white 2

gen 1 and 6 are shit, don't' bother
>>
File: 1353978019240.png (214 KB, 393x353) Image search: [Google]
1353978019240.png
214 KB, 393x353
>>342939184
I strongly disagree.
>>
>Yellow/FR/LG
>Crystal/HG/SS
>Emerald/__:^)_
>Diamond
Also spinoffs are great, but they're worth their own thread entirely.
>>
>>342939285
t. nostalgia baby
>>
>>342939512
>diamond

are you retarded or just baiting?
>>
>>342939391
I should say HG/SS instead of crystal but whatever
>>
>>342939512
Who would play Diamond or Perl when Platin exists?
>>
>>342939542
>>342939512
Oh right that gen had Platinum as the get-together. Not like I've played it since Diamond (which I played) was shit, but people have been saying Plat is good so I included it.
>>
>>342939670
diamond/pearl are the worst games in the series, worse than red/blue

it's amazing how much GF fixed it with platinum

now they are releasing remakes with less content than the originals, fuck
>>
>>342939531
Is this the best argument you kids have? The older games were actually fun, and no after-the-fact discovery of glitches can ever take that away
>>
File: well, are you.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
well, are you.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>342939512
>Diamond
Full fucking retard.
>>
>>342926758
/thread
>>
>>342939995
Is calling people 13 year olds the best argument you have
>>
>>342940441
Nah, I already critiqued the actual games a few posts up

Nice try though kid
>>
File: 1426740297119.jpg (77 KB, 450x518) Image search: [Google]
1426740297119.jpg
77 KB, 450x518
>FR/LG
As much as I loved then as a child, there's no reason to play R/B/Y when FR/LG exists. Would be perfect if it was post Phys/Special split.
>Emerald
Although the game itself is pretty good, Emerald really shines post game, really setting the stage from what Game Freak is supposed to deliver when you're done with the main game. It's a shame they seem to have forgotten this with the last 2 games.
>Platinum
While maintaining all the positives of Gen 4, while getting rid of almost all the negatives, Platinum is a definite must play and contender for best Pokémon game overall. Just be prepared for the hardest champion fight, she'll tear you a new one.
>HG/SS
G/S was a fantastic game. HG/SS is the epitome of how to do a remake. Just play them.
>B/W
Although it's really polarizing, I believe that Black and White were both very strong games, they may have put a bit more emphasis on the storytelling, but the overall experience was still very solid. I also thought Cheren was a girl until the next game. It's a bit awkward because I wanted to fuck.
>B2/W2
Like Platinum, it's an improvement on the same generation. Unlike Platinum, it's a completely seperate story that's a proper sequel to B/W. A contender for best Pokémon game.
>X/Y
They were okay, I guess. Some cool pokemon in them like Trevenant and Aegislash, but overall the game felt a bit too easy, even for a pokemon game, and the story was something I didn't care about.
>ORAS
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
>>
Wow you really showed me
>>
File: Pokemon-Black-and-White.jpg (316 KB, 1200x986) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Black-and-White.jpg
316 KB, 1200x986
>>342940790

I really can't say that BW2 made for a good sequel. Granted, the postgame material was fucking great but it feels like it was apologizing for BW despite all of the changes it brought in being fucking great.
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.