[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played an Etrian Odyssey game, is it okay to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 508x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 508x600
I've never played an Etrian Odyssey game, is it okay to start with EOU2?
>>
>>342920647
they're all pretty shit. Just sell your 3ds and get a Vita
>>
>>342920647
Yeah, sure. Just play it on expert.
>>
>>342921028
Should I go through Story Mode first or play Classic mode? Also should I get any of the DLC?
>>
>>342920647
I recommend 4 as a first title in the series as it's easier than the other games while staying true to the series' roots, starting with one of the Untolds and going right into Story mode can give a skewed view towards what the game's core themes are. If you'll be playing the Untolds anyway consider having your first playthrough be on classic mode.

Main DLC worth getting is Highlander, you can buy the rest as you play if you decide you liked the series.
>>
Ok anons, I'm not OP but I just ordered EOU2

Story ro classic?
I should get it in the mail in about 5 days
>>
>>342921749
Classic mode, messing around with different party combinations is a huge part of the appeal of the series and Story mode is very limited in that aspect. The only thing story mode has that isn't in classic is the fafnir class that can only be used by the MC. But the game has multiple save slots, so it's not like you can't try both.
>>
>>342922374
>>342922649
Thanks guys.

>>342922538
OP here
I just ordered the game too.
My copy of the game will be arriving next Tuesday.
>>
>>342923006
lets enjoy the game anon, I'm gonna play classic.

I enjoyed EO4 more than EOU1 (which I played in story mode)
>>
>>342922538
Don't do Story.
>>
>>342924135
roger
>>
Why doesn't /v/ like Story mode?

It teaches you the basics of building an effective party,has a nice cast of talking characters with actual personalities to accompany you,so you don't have to use your imagination all the time and it has a Story on top of all that,that gives you a motive to explore the maze.

If it wasn't for EOU1 Story mode I wouldn't have even touched this wonderful series.
>>
>>342926042
Story mode in EOU2 is legit, but story mode in EOU1 has quite some clichè, uninspired characters. The only good thing is that they instantly give you a overpowered team without worrying.
>>
>>342927361
>EOU1 has quite some clichè, uninspired characters.
Mind you I haven't played a lot of JRPG's and I can still see where you are coming from.
They are kinda generic but I don't know,I find them quite fun and comfy characters to be around and it matches perfectly with the tone of the game.
Just going around,fighting some monsters with your team while also drawing a detailed map of the floor is pretty fun and relaxing.

>Story mode in EOU2 is legit
Does EOU2 have even better characters and story?
If so,I can't wait to finish this game so I can move on to that one.
>>
>>342920647
>is it okay to start a series with [not the first game]
Every fucking time... The answer is always NO. No, it is not okay.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.