[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you think Nintendo felt the 3D effect was more important
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Mario 3D Jaggy World.jpg (122 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Mario 3D Jaggy World.jpg
122 KB, 400x240
Why do you think Nintendo felt the 3D effect was more important than a higher resolution screen?
>>
Because they didn't feel the need to compete
>>
Glasses-free 3d is new and can make their games more unique.

Higher resolution is just a quality-of-life upgrade. Minor improvement of something you're already used to.
>>
It's marketed towards children who won't care about the difference in resolution and this way they could keep the profit-margins high and the price low enough where parents will still be willing to shell out for it.
>>
>>342907728
>Minor improvement
I can assure you, the difference between 240p and even 480p is not a MINOR improvement
>>
File: 1366226912572.jpg (50 KB, 223x314) Image search: [Google]
1366226912572.jpg
50 KB, 223x314
>>342907945
This
>>
>>342907945
>>342908068

If it was marketed towards children why did they include the 3D effect which they had to warn against children using since it could destroy their eyes?
>>
The low resolution screen allowed devs to make games cheaply without focusing on the visuals. The reason why the Vita failed in the west was because it was too expensive to make games for it.
>>
>>342908162
>The low resolution screen allowed devs to make games cheaply without focusing on the visuals.
Assets are already made at far higher resolutions than they put in the game and downsampled. Try again.
>>
>>342907945
Children care MORE about graphics.
>>
>>342908136
The 3DS wasn't originally supposed to have that warning, it just so happened to come out right after industry regulators started requiring warnings for 3D displays
>>
>>342908136
To cover their asses for potential legal ramifications, the only children who would have their eyesight negatively affected would still be developing their occipital lobes at the time of playing which would only be the case if they're very, very young.
>>
>>342906742
They've been stuck on blue ocean bullshit ever since the Wii.
>>
>>342908267
Downsampled to a resolution that the console can handle
>>
>>342908321
I'd say children care more about characters they see on television being featured.
>>
>>342908162
>Im 16 and I dont know anything related to technology
>>
>>342908560
>I'm 16
Nice projection. Did you just turn 18?
>>
>>342907984
it's a 4x difference. 4 is a small number so that means it's minor
>>
>>342908321
If the rest of the game is distracting or fun they won't really give a shit how it looks provided it's functional.
>>
Because it was 2010 and Avatar had just made all of the money in the world.
>>
>>342908162
It's actually cheaper to make games for faster and more capable cpus. Especially the ones everybody already knows how to use.

The weaker a CPU and graphics is, the harder and more resources you need.
Unless you mean to imply 3ds games are just low effort trash.
>>
>>342908698
u trol me
>>
>>342908750
3ds didn't. You can't follow short term trends with a device that will last 5+ years.
>>
Because a high-res screen with no gimmick isn't the Nintendo way
>>
>>342906742
Oh shit I forgot the 3DS has a 3D option
>>
Hopefully the NX handheld will have a good resolution now that Nintendo realized no one gave a shit about 3D
>>
>>342908970
How will this happen when the NX is a home console?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 372x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 372x210
DUDE
GIMMICKS
LMAO
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.