[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this BenQ-144hz-monitor worth it? I'm currently running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: benq_144hz_monitor.jpg (83 KB, 792x600) Image search: [Google]
benq_144hz_monitor.jpg
83 KB, 792x600
Is this BenQ-144hz-monitor worth it? I'm currently running a GTX 970 + i5 4670K-rig, and i'd love to hear some experiences of people with these monitors. I've only tested my cousins 120hz-monitor, and i think it looks great. Is 144hz worth the cost, or should i go look for a used 120hz-monitor instead?

Also, general gayming hardware-thread.
>>
i have it, its really quite good
its way better than 60hz even for shitposting because when you scroll its smooth
>>
120 hz monitor + lightboost = wonderful
>>
>>342890778
Get the XL2730Z at least, the XL2411Z has pathetic color accuracy, saturation and contrast. The XL2730Z is quite respectable for a TN panel, however.
>>
>>342890897
Thanks, that's good to hear. I'd love to test out some Quake and CS 1.6 on it tho, i've heard it's buttersmooth. But do 60fps-locked games (or consoles) look strange on it tho?
>>
>>342891056
If you set it to 120hz they'll look fine, however running a 60fps game on a 144hz monitor will lead to some judder.
>>
>>342891340
Alright, do these monitors usually come with switches that let me change it between 60hz/120hz/144hz?
>>
>>342891056
Yes and no, my XL2730Z handles most 60fps games fine, in Bethesda games for example I'll notice a weird flicker with each frame, but setting my desktop settings to 60hz fixes that.
Most issues are subjective with people being used to higher framerates, and going back to 60.
>>
>>342891585
You change it via the resolution settings in windows

Honestly it's barely noticeable, no harm leaving it at 144hz even when playing 60hz games, I'm just autistic about that shit and prefer the smoothest experience possible
>>
>>342891721
Yeah, it's fine. I hate that obstructing screen-judder too.
>>
I have the XL2420G back when you were able to easily get them for $400. For some reason they've gone up in price. The fluidity of it is fantastic. I don't think I could ever go back to 60Hz. Anytime I play a game at 60 anymore I swear it looks laggy sometimes. I was playing the new Doom at 144 for hours and for some reason one of the areas suddenly locked my framerate to 60FPS for no reason and I couldn't stand it.
>>
dumbass question inc

someone asked above me if you could switch between 60hz/120hz/144hz on these monitors, what about refreshrates that aren't as common like 75hz/85 or 100hz? does it allow switching between those as well?
>>
>>342893475
If the monitor OSD has a switch, it'll be for the 3 most common, 60 120 and 144. Otherwise, you can go into Windows desktop settings and set a custom refresh rate.
>>
>>342893475

From the windows monitor setting it is also has 100hz. No 75 or 85
>>
So whats the best 1440p, 120-144hz, ips, freesync monitor? The only 2 i've seen are made by Acer and Asus. Will Dell ever adapt all of these features into one monitor?
>>
>>342894767
The Asus is the best right now, Acer are a budget monitor brand and their monitors have questionable QC. If you buy the Acer you'll run into backlight bleed, poor brightness distribution, etc.

>Will Dell ever adapt all of these features into one monitor?

They have a 120Hz 4K OLED monitor but it's $5,000.

Not sure but I wish they would incorporate VESA Adaptive Sync into their Ultrasharp monitors. Their Ultrasharp monitors are some of the best IPS around, and have some of the lowest IPS response times too so they're decent for gaming.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.