[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's start a vidya recommendation thread. Post a bunch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Dissidia_Zidane.png (577 KB, 702x770) Image search: [Google]
Dissidia_Zidane.png
577 KB, 702x770
Let's start a vidya recommendation thread. Post a bunch of games you enjoy and other anons post what they think you should play next. No judgement, just friendly, helpful advice.

I'll start

>Last of Us
>Uncharted series
Although casual I really enjoy them. Is Far Cry a good choice, like an open world version of these?

>FF7 through 12, minus 11.
7 and 9 are favorite. Didn't like 6, and no not because of graphics; Chrono Trigger is pure gold.
>Dark Souls II

Just got into souls. Absolutely loving it, happy it's not as casual as FF, but missing colorful cast of characters. Anyone got good RPG recommendations with fleshed out characters and an involving story?
>>
>>342888180
Grandia II
Radiant Historia
>>
Why even bother making these threads? You know it's just going to be a bunch of people posting their own lists with 0 recommendations for others, and people fighting over "hurr you like game x?"
>>
>>342890025
The two games I posted were suggestions for OP.
>>
>>342890025
I thought it could be fun, but no one's participating. I'm gonna stay with the thread in case anyone else speaks up, though I probably haven't played the breadth of video games most people on here have.
>>
>>342888180
Lufia II
>>
>>342889738
Thanks anon.
>>
File: stocke_1132.png (154 KB, 350x518) Image search: [Google]
stocke_1132.png
154 KB, 350x518
>>342891412
No problem. Maybe I should explain I guess.

Radiant Historia was suggested because it's a very good game that often draws comparisons to Chrono Trigger due to several key elements such as no random encounters and a time travel mechanic. It has a solid plot and cast, particularly the protagonist, Stocke (pic related). It also features a unique combat system that allows for strategic combo attacks with your party members.

Grandia II was suggested mainly because it's a fairly traditional jrpg with a great combat system, and also a very good plot and cast. Overall less casual and more well-written than most jrpgs, which you suggested were things you were looking for in an rpg.
>>
File: help.jpg (26 KB, 173x507) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
26 KB, 173x507
pic related
also somewhat recently played:
WildStar
Elite: Dangerous
Far Cry 3
swgemu

Trying to get into Tree of Savior now but it's just not grabbing my attention.

Might get Terraria before the summer sale is over.
>>
>>342892050
Awesome, this is a perfect example of what I hoped this thread would be. Let's keep it going ppl
>>
>>342892139
Have you tried the souls games? You might enjoy
>>
>>342892870
no
not sure i'd have the patience
>>
>>342893324
You've got Skyrim highlighted. Even if that's just an accident did you enjoy it? Some maybe disagree but I see a connection between those games.
>>
File: enb 2016_02_22 13_00_21_78.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
enb 2016_02_22 13_00_21_78.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>342893608
I think I'd mod Skyrim to be more brutal before trying to get into the Dark Souls games to be honest.

If I don't find anything new to play before the sale is over I'll go back to Skyrim modding.
>>
Everyone stop what you're doing right now and emulate rocket slime. Best ds game
>>
>>342894549
I saw the Dolphin 5.0 threads and thought about checking it out.

I haven't owned a console since the Sega Genesis.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.