[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I into this series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
how do I into this series?
>>
>>342871246
Soul Reaver > SR2 > Defiance

You could also play the first Blood Omen, but nothing wrongi in skipping it

Also fuck Blood Omen 2
>>
>>342871246
Nosgoth is technically cancelled
>>
>>342871463
This was basically what I was thinking. BO1 looks kind of not very fun to play at all and I've heard nothing but bad shit about BO2.
Will I be missing out on any important plot points if I only play the Soul Reaver games + Defiance?
>>
>>342871246
You just need to play 5... 4 games you lazy fuck
>>
File: 1466974114766.jpg (156 KB, 555x600) Image search: [Google]
1466974114766.jpg
156 KB, 555x600
>>342871619
fixed :)
>>
>>342871658
>Will I be missing out on any important plot points if I only play the Soul Reaver games + Defiance?
The entirety of Kains backstory and the events that happen in one of the alternate timelines.
>>
>>342872061
i'll read the wikia articles thanks for the headsup
>>
>>342871658
Not really, BO2 is completely unrelated to the other games. BO1 would provide you with some lore that gets brought up in SR + Defiance but most of the times it's explained in the games anyway. All you need to know is that in BO1 the world went to shit
>>
>>342872292
Also Kain's backstory, but just read the wiki on that.
The game felt like a chore to play.
>>
>>342871246
>how do I into
kill yourself you reddit-nigger
>>
>>342871246
Honestly experiencing the game on YouTube with a proper cutscene super it is the best way. Gameplay isn't why people love the LoK series.

Blood Omen was good for it's time but the gameplay is simplistic.

Soul Reaver 1 I actually found the gameplay once than Blood Omen, but the story and world is fucking awesome. Screw block puzzles though.

Soul Reaver 2 is an improvement but it's still eh on gameplay. It has some of the best voice acting in video game history and some of the best time fuckery too.

"You're a righteous fiend, aren't you?"

"Apparently I was..."

Blood Omen 2 is just bad. Bad story with meh gameplay, it created more problems for the series than it ever needed when it came to continuity.

Defiance is a arguably decent end to the series. The writing and voice acting are still good but the ending will be hit or miss depending on who you are and what you wanted. Gameplay is very meh, which is standard for the series, but it pales it quality to the cutscenes.

Dead Sun could've been interesting but it looked like it didn't understand how to write a LoK story. Nosgoth is defunct. It's deader than tribes ascend and it was a pretty imbalanced and not very fun pvp game.

If you listen to hardcore fans the series was meant to end at Soul Reaver with a cut ending. Some people dismiss the entire last half of the series for that reason alone. I find it to be kinda autistic, but everyone has reasons for wanting a conclusive ending, which Defiance is arguable if it did that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.