[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did video games get really shit or is it just my imagination?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: gta.jpg (232 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gta.jpg
232 KB, 1280x720
When did video games get really shit or is it just my imagination?

Used to be a playstation nut and the gamees were awesome, varied and memorable, then I forget about games for like 8 years.

Get a ps3 to play GTA 5 and it's not as fun as the old GTAs and every other ps3 game is a sequel or some boring as hell shoot em up

wtf happened also im hungover so no effort went into this post
>>
You outgrew GTA. It happens.

On the bright side, you might find other things more appealing now.
>>
>>342847734
i dunno, when i played the old gtas they had so much replay value and i'd have fun just exploring

maybe it is just my imagination that GTA5 was a bit boring. the plot was definitely the worst of any of the main gta games though
>>
>>342847502
Gaming died sometime in the late 2000's. I attribute it to the Iphone, which allowed normalfags access to the internet. This lead to vidya e-celeb cancer, vocal minorities asking for "le Skyrim remaster", and little kids learning the phone "games" are actual vidya.
>>
>>342847734
> You outgrew GTA.
I think this happened to me too
GTA V is most likely an amazing game but i just can't stand it for more than 20 minutes
>>
>>342848063
Why don't you like it? I wanted to love it, I mean i work all the fucking time these days and i got a ps3 just to play GTA5 desu and i was just underwhelmed by it, never got that rush that i associated with the older gtas
>>
>>342848271
oh yeah and the cops were annoying as fuck
>>
>>342847892
It might be, it might not. Same thing happened to me, for the record, only without the 8 year hard-stop.

You can always boot up the previous ones to see if you still enjoy them outside of nostalgia.

>>342848271
What other games did you enjoy?

>>342848063
It's just so juvenile to me these days. I'd love to see something like RDR again, or even another Bully. GTA though? No thanks.
>>
>>342848421
well I haven't really bothered with my ps3 since i completed gta5 because i have hardly any spare time. have a week off soon and might buy another game. used to be a ps2 nut, into games like tony hawk's, ratchet and clank, final fantasy, metal gear, pro evo all the usual big names i suppose
>>
>>342848063
>le normalfag slaughter civilian killing simulator 5, made with multiplaying normalscum in mind
>amazing game

Pick one, faggot
>>
>>342848658
My best advice would be to play an old favorite from start to finish. The shorter, the better. That might put you into the mood for gaming again.

Also, if you have any work left, deadlines or similar things, that might be messing up with your ability to enjoy games. Happens to me all the time.
>>
>>342849230
Thanks yeah wouldn't be a bad idea
>>
>>342847502

Everyone is gonna say you outgrew them, but it's not true. What actually happened is 2 things.

Mostly, 99.9% of video games have been done before. When you played GTA 5, you're basically playing GTA 3 again. You played all the games already. Each new game released is something you've already played before, and you won't enjoy it anymore. Most of them are made to appeal to as wide of an audience as possible, so they don't try anything new. It's the same with movies. Remember when you were 13? The movies you loved then, try watching them now. They're shit. Because you got your fill of those kinds of movies when you were 13.

The second reason, which is a still significant, is these last 2 generations of games have sucked. gaming has become very mainstream. And just like movies, music, and television, the most popular stuff is shit. Games have just become a mainstream media.
>>
>>342847892
trust me when I say that all the characters are a drag
then play San Andreas and feel the difference
>>
>>342847502
It's because GTA:SA was GOAT.
>>
>>342850246
>Remember when you were 13? The movies you loved then, try watching them now. They're shit. Because you got your fill of those kinds of movies when you were 13.
That's outgrowing something.
>>
Most games these days are carried by hype and impressive graphics.
>>
>>342847502

I actually enjoy games now more than I did before. The reason for it is quite simple, I now actually play for fun rather than escapism. Entertainment is much more relaxing when you have your life on track.
>>
>>342850537
IV > VC > SA > V > III
>>
>>342847502
games have gotten much lazier these days. 90% of development is put into graphics and presentation, so all the gameplay is completely generic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1b8AhIsSYQ

the most disappointing thing about V was the soundtrack, though it did have some nice ones
>>
Try out new things you haven't tried
The only way to keep this hobby fresh is to spice it up a bit and surprise yourself
Did you play Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Demon's Souls, or any other dank PS3 games?
Look around and find something you like.
>>
Some people outgrow videogames and would rather complain about things that have little to do with videogames, and blame them for their lack of interest, like this fine anon right here >>342847926.

"Videogames died in the year xxxx, I didn't lose interest, this new and confusing technology was released that same year, and kids ruined everything with their mobile games! Where's my prune juice!?"
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.