[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to pull the trigger on my real life build of Shepard's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: citadel-apartment-5.jpg (185 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
citadel-apartment-5.jpg
185 KB, 1280x720
About to pull the trigger on my real life build of Shepard's apartment. Any thoughts on this? I like it and it's a pretty basic design but aesthetically pleasing.
>>
I'd rather do Jensen's apartment
>>
How much money do you have?
>>
>>342835614
Just outside of Toronto and it will cost me about 890k. My big worry is heating bills but radiant heating in the walls and floors should cut the bill
>>
I mean, shit, if you have the money, yeah.
>>
>>342835762
>being rich

Why are you even here
>>
>>342836090
right?
>>
>>342835387

haha holy shit. that is awesome, do you have any mock ups how it'll look irl yet?

>why not build Rosethorn Hall?
>>
It looks soulless. But maybe the land your building it on is beautiful, so that could be a nice contrast?
>>
Isn't that too big for a cave dweller? I think you would feel lonely, anon
>>
>>342837048
it's a bit scaled down. not exactly 1:1. Also I have a dog
>>
>>342835762
29y/o Torontofag here. Pls invite me for the housewarming party.

pls

I'll give you the succ
>>
>>342837003
Toronto and the GTA isn't beautiful. It's a terrible, awful place people only go to to work. Because most people can't afford to live there.
>>
>>342837208
he said outside of Toronto. 100% it's Mississauga lol
>>
Mass Effect Shepard?
When did he get a house? I don't remember this
>>
>>342837208
Well if thats the case, the soulless look of that apartment will fit right in with the way of life there.

Why someone would spend close to a million on that place and not just buy pristine land is beyond me.
>>
>>342837142
How about this, though?
It keeps the same space distribution, yet still removes the fireplace and pillars getting in they way. So it would feel bigger, even if it's smaller

You would also pretend you don't have shit taste in videogames
>>
>>342837590
>pristine land
not sure what this means but it's 20 acres about 20 minutes from Toronto. Land cost me like 400k
>>
>>342837590
It's a pretty dumb idea to buy land in the GTA, DESU. Lots of people who have lived in the area for a long time are buying land up in other areas - Hamilton, Niagara, Orangeville, etc, etc. There's a lot of condo rot going on in the GTA as well. Chinese corporations buying up plots of land to make condos.
>>342837259
You're probably right. But I hope it's not Brampton or Oshawa. I'd feel sorry for him if that were the case.
>>
>everyone's face when OP fills his new home full of high tech and highly illegal traps
>>
>>342837998
I guess I'm more on an outdoor person, so I want land with flora and fauna on it (want to be able to camp in some beautiful nature, and do some fishing or hunting on the land too). That's what I am saving up for right now. I couldn't care less about living in some fancy looking condo.
>>
Cool idea, anon. Post pics on here when it's finished. I would love to see it.
>>
File: nvidia-office-prank.jpg (88 KB, 738x630) Image search: [Google]
nvidia-office-prank.jpg
88 KB, 738x630
>>342835387
nice fire hazard
>>
damn if i had the money i wold
>>
>>342838590
Nah he should give the address so I can crash the place
>>
lol no way
>>
>>342835387

>exposed fireplace
>>
>>342835762
Jesus Christ why is it so expensive?
>>
BUILD THE GOLDSHIRE INN

YOU FUCK
>>
>>342835387
Horrible accoustics. High maintenance. Bad airflow. Bad lighting. I'm sure you are aware that this fireplace is complete bullshit, in particularly the open nature and all the shit on the shelve above it.
>>
File: 1462012789737.jpg (87 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1462012789737.jpg
87 KB, 900x900
>>342843793
get out, wowfag cancer
>>
>>342843865
>Horrible accoustics
wrong
>High maintenance
if OP talked to an architect it will be just fine
>bad airflow
lol
>bad lighting
well it's a video game anon

>fireplace shelf
fireplace is inside a glass in the game and i'm sure it will be gas in real life. shelf isn't a problem either

You sound 15. I live in a condo similar to this
>>
>>342837638
I don't know if it's the context and atmosphere of the game seeping in, but that apartment always seemed somewhat disturbing to me.
>>
>>342835387
Uhh..add more rugs I guess? Maybe a wallpaper? Ask /po/ to make a lightbox for you? Shit anon, you got a fuckton of money, you can improve upon Shepard's crib.

Honest opinion? The lighting seems off man, but that's just me. But as >>342844314
said, it's a video game, but I'm trying to imagine how it would look irl
>>
>>342835387
might look OK. maybe lower ceilings like 20 foot instead of 100
>>
Dont have kids op
>>
You've got anough money to hire a good architect to design you a tailored project that both suits your needs and is an original idea, and instead you gonna copy an interior from a videogame.

I have no words.
>>
>>342845780
OP's loaded as fuck, he can have as many kids as he wants.
>>
>>342835387
hello OP can i live with you
i'll let you use my boypussy anytime you want
>>
how much would the monthly bills be on that? more than 3k?
>>
>>342845874
Its not about money, kids can get hurt in alof of places in that house
>>
File: c.jpg (1007 KB, 1733x916) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
1007 KB, 1733x916
>>342845014
It's probably just the color palette, lighting, contrast, etc.

OP's picture only looks comfy because of the orange filter making it look warm
We don't have post-processing IRL yet, but messing with that stuff can really change the atmosphere of a place
>>
>>342846139
>actually being sincerely concerned

huh, didn't expect that to be honest.
>>
>tfw living in a flat with 4 pieces of furniture

I wish I could build my house like Sims.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>342846319
S-stop it, i-its not like i care or anything
>>
>>342846129

I manage a bigger place then that and I barely pay one. Granted, I live in Poland, but heating and taxes are pretty similar, so there is that. I don't get why costs of owning a big place get overblown out of proportions on the internet. Are people burning $100 bills to heat their place?
>>
>>342846521
You can.
Move your furniture in front of the door and piss yourself before starving to death.
>>
>>342844314
>wrong
You have no idea what you are talking about. The high ceilings combined with the material make this room a nightmare for any form of open sound. Don't even think about listening to music without headphones in there unless you enjoy your echo and if you don't live alone you better like hearing your partner at all times.
>if OP talked to an architect it will be just fine
I've been working in this field for seven years and nobody in the business cares about maintenance costs for their wealthy clients unless they specifically ask and push for it - they almost never do.
The place is hard to heat/cool because of a lack of separation and the high ceilings mean you need to vent through the ceiling itself or will be stuck with smoke, smell and heat in a place you can't get it out of.
>lol
Enclosed kitchen vents into open space, no windows. Sound good? Only until you cook.
>well it's a video game anon
Lack of natural light. That place it's all about artificial lighting and combined with the high ceilings and the dark materials this leads to strong, dark shadows on ground level. The only way around this is either illuminating through the floor or from the side out of the walls - which has severe downsides in its own due to the asymmetrical nature of the enviroment.
>fireplace is inside a glass in the game and i'm sure it will be gas in real life. shelf isn't a problem either
US and EU fire safety standards make it impossible to have a shelf right above an elevated fireplace - no matter if closed/open or gas/wood based. Custom fireplaces are very demanding to plan and get approved - this particular one is a piece of fiction. To get it built you'd have to remove or protrude the shelf and that means you are stuck with a large, dead surface that won't be saved by the warm light from the fireplace cast onto the living area either.

It's a piece of shit in terms of design and layout with no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>342847438
I cannot say how much I agree.

OP's idea is an equivalent of getting a video game tattoo.
>>
>>342836090
>being poor
why are you here? don't you have to go make money or something? this is a board for accomplished individuals who want to talk about their favorite hobby.
>>
File: WXjruAa.jpg (67 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
WXjruAa.jpg
67 KB, 700x467
>>342847438
OP Here.

Fireplace has no shelf on mine. It's just like pic related except floor to ceiling. Gas fireplace.

Open concept floor plans obviously have acoustic issues there is a private office and home theatre in separate rooms. I've lived in condos with enclosed kitchens and never had a problem. Turn the hood fan on and it's perfect.

My place has 3x insulation and the tall windows are triple pane as well. The floor is concrete. Maintenance won't be much of an issue They are 17' foot ceilings at the highest point so like I said it is scaled down.
>>
>>342848259

give me your money you clearly don't know how to use it well
>>
File: 1453759912661.jpg (118 KB, 419x629) Image search: [Google]
1453759912661.jpg
118 KB, 419x629
>you will never be filthy rich so you can build your dream home
just kill me now senpai

also does anyone have any good sources for god-tier domestic architecture
>>
>>342848259
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You've got enough money to hire someone who knows what he's doing. Do so, or you gonna end up with a flat that has one redeeming quality - it looks good on pictures in Posh Weekly.
>>
>>342848865
http://www.archdaily.com/

You don't need a lot of money to make your little shithole look nice, if you already own a home.
>>
>>342848874
I see nothing wrong with anything he just said.

so many angry poor fags in this thread lmao
>>
>>342835762
>>342843604
890k won't buy that
>>
>>342848865
>tfw I live in bum fuck egypt, at a decent- not good job, but I'm exceptional at saving money so I can build my dream home,and travel to cool/interesting places whenever I want

Anon move to midwest and get mid-low tier job and save.
>>
>>342849240
Building is cheaper than buying. $200/ square foot when you build.
>>
>>342849091

I'm not angry or jealous, and I'm happy with my kouse. I'm just cringing that instead of hiring a good architect that would tailor new and original design to his needs he chose to copy A FUCKING VIDEOGAME FLAT.

He has resources and he chooses to do something retarded. Fuck.
>>
>>342847438
I'm not OP but wouldn't it work better to flip the Kitchen and Dining room that way it is still enclosed in that area but you have the windows to vent out of and you have extra counter space because of lack of 2nd entrance? would this not be better OP?
>>
>>342849242
what if my dream home is the versailles lodged in a carved-out cliffside of the grand canyon
>>
>>342848865
>tfw I will never live in a hobbit hole.
>>
>>342849774
Then git gud or get rekt
>>
>>342849781
>tfw I will never live inside the walls of someone elses house to do spooky poltergeist stuff
>>
>>342848259
>main living space not centered around entertainment center/battlestation

Oh god why are the wealthy all retards who can't into comfy and allow narcissistic social standards to dictate their home layout and design?
>>
>>342848259
>it's just like pic related
>not posting an actual picture of your fireplace

Gee I wonder if you're legit?
>>
>>342850371
are you retarded? He clearly says he is about to build it you fucking imbecile. it's in the blue print stage or some shit
>>
>>342850175
why would you place your battlestation in the middle of the room, it's a space where you go to immerse yourself in another space, not something where you sit and take in your physical environment
>>
>>342849712
bumping for this. why are enclosed kitchens bad? or is it just because of the lack of windows in the OP's pic. this dudes suggestion seems to fix that issue though. unless I don't know what enclosed means which is probably the case
>>
>>342835387
Wait...shepard had an apartment on the citidal?
>>
>>342850442
>it's a space where you go to immerse yourself in another space

like outdoors? oh, actually that helps me understand. I'm sorry to make a fuss, city-dweller. As you were.
>>
File: hobbithomes.png (55 KB, 993x745) Image search: [Google]
hobbithomes.png
55 KB, 993x745
>>342849781
You actually can. They're pretty affordable too. But they're small.
I looked in to it about a month ago, still looking for a good plot of land though.Costs are just for the shell. You need a plot of land and a contractor to install it. (Or you can do it yourself)
>>
>>342850439
>believing this
>>
>>342849242
You know I live on the east coast however I've heard from people who've lived elsewhere that the Midwest is good for college,work and "grinding" (I guess thats the best term I can think of)
Is it really that much better?
>>
>>342850717
what
outside is not like a battlestation because outside is a place by itself and nothing more
when you play video games the focus is on your screen, which ideally should take up as large part of your vision as possible, so the actual location isn't incredibly important
>>
>Beliving what some chink in Canada says on the Internet

I bet he's actually a poorfag.
>>
>>342836090
You think you'll want to leave this place once you actually have some weight to your wallet?

It doesn't work like that son.

You're here forever.
>>
I still would like to know what qualifies a kitchen as enclosed? lack of windows?
>>
>>342835387
im telling you
shit WILL go wrong and you will regret it
>>
>>342851283
Chinks are mostly in vancouver, theres still some in toronto but nowhere near as much
>>
>>342851830
what could possibly go wrong. it's a fucking standard design. there are billiions of houses that look exactly like this. god you autists are dramatic
>>
>>342851049
Yes. I used to live in So Cal. Within moving here, I've moved out, bought a car, went back to school, and now I'm working on a house, saving for my wedding.

The jobs are way better too, surprisingly. Everyone is way less high strung because everyone isn't broke out their ass. I get 3 weeks paid vacation, free health insurance (work for as worker's comp insurance company though so it makes sense..), and phenomenal benefits. Random as fuck

So I travel whenever I want, because it's boring as shit here. But good place to raise a family. I grew up in poverty in California, and I'm living very comfortably here.
>>
>>342851830
like what
>>
>>342851982
Really,I need to look into it more then,I never really paid mind to the Midwest because "flyover states" if it's that good I need to start delving into it.
>>
>>342835435
This to be perfectly honest, then again I like shitty atmosphere's.
>>
>>342852767
You seriously should. Everything is cheaper. Housing, gas, food. People are nicer, jobs are better. There's not as much to do, but honestly I just sit at home and play vidya anyway so who gives a fuck.
>>
I could see it being comfy.
>>
>>342835762
hope you don't have pets. radiant heating hurts their paws
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.