[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you prefer original or remake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: large.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1080
Do you prefer original or remake?
>>
File: czRhi.png (919 KB, 1023x574) Image search: [Google]
czRhi.png
919 KB, 1023x574
>>
>>342834546
The one without triforce quest none
>>
None of them, Wind Waker sucks.
>>
>>342834546
is that even a question? since day one we all know people that hate on HD remake are man children that reach age 20+ and have no jobs or mature enough to buy their own Wii u.
>>
>>342834685

It's the "worst" of the console Zelda's but it is still better than 99% of the other games Ive played. It's a solid 9/10.
>>
>>342834546
>hd version makes you do less stupid shit and feels more fluent and fun to play
>>
The original personally. The remake removing the cel-shading basically killed it for me outright. The overuse of bloom certainly doesn't help either. Cel-shading was such a huge part of the original it still baffles me that they wouldn't keep it.

There are also a number of other annoyances such as how they made setting the wind direction more tedious than in the original. Sure they fixed some of the more tedious elements of the original but they were never such a great bother to me.

The downgrades outweigh the improvements and if you want WW HD then playing the original at 1080p on Dolphin is more than adequate.
>>
Original.

I really liked the triforce quest because it felt like an actual treasure hunt. Sometimes all you find after traversing a huge grotto is a fucking map, deal with it.

Also the HD remake has too much handholding and gives you the stupid red sail which defeats the purpose of the wind direction mechanic.
>>
>>342834546

they are both shit

the emulated gamecube version trumps them both
>>
File: zelda_5.jpg (995 KB, 2570x720) Image search: [Google]
zelda_5.jpg
995 KB, 2570x720
the original didnt have enough bloom
>>
>>342834896
>The remake removing the cel-shading basically killed it for me outright
Art is objective, personally I always found that art style shitty and boring, something that was born out of desire to make more cartoonish looking video games, something that really never felt like it fit Zelda before Wind Waker and was force into the series to appeal to a younger audience. The new looks way better for me.

>
There are also a number of other annoyances such as how they made setting the wind direction more tedious than in the original.
that some autistic level shit right here, how is it remotely bothersome at all, jesus.

>Sure they fixed some of the more tedious elements of the original but they were never such a great bother to me.
Now you are playing pick your poisun huh?

>The downgrades outweigh the improvements and if you want WW HD then playing the original at 1080p on Dolphin is more than adequate.
truly spoken like a manchildren that can't move on and won't accept objectively better stuff for who knows what reasons.
>>
>>342835934
>Gets mad at someone that just calmly explained their personal views without attacking the views of anyone else.
>Responds with anger and insults because other people don't have the same video game opinions as him.
>Post filled with typos, formatting errors and grammar issues probably from his frustration as he typed in anger about someone not preferring a remake of a video game to the original.
>Thinks his opinions are objective facts.

...and you're calling someone else a manchild?
>>
>>342834546
Original emulated mate.
Playing right now, anyway.
>>
>>342836391
Not him, but you kinda need to understand, Dolphin Wakers think the original looks better and go as far as discard stuff like Hero mode and improvements in general, to the point where it feels like they are trolling half the time to trigger people.
>>
>>342837085
So what you're telling me is that other people don't have the same opinion as you and that makes you upset? Sounds like you have issues frankly.
>>
File: a.jpg (891 KB, 1680x981) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
891 KB, 1680x981
Right now.
>>
>>342835934
>art style hasn't changed at all
>just the shading
>everyone is still tiny legged gorilla people just without flat shading

>"the art style is better"
>>
>>342834546
The remake is an outright better game if you care about how Wind Waker actually plays.

>More fluid controls. The gamepad features help navigation and item switching tremendously, having the sailing equipment separate from the overworld items was a smart change, swinging on ropes isn't a chore anymore and the gyroscope makes aiming less of a hassle.
>The whole game has a more brisk pace with animations getting sped up and faster sailing and the worst of the padding has been cut down in size. All that alongside smart little additions like a cursor when firing your cannon at sea and being more lenient with what knocks you out of the boat makes exploring the ocean actually worth your time.
>Hero mode is a welcome new feature, the original Wind Waker was way too easy even for its casual atmosphere.
>The photo quest is actually doable since you can have more than three fucking pictures at any given time.

The only reason to shit on WW HD is for slight visual changes, which even then are hit or miss. The world actually casting shadows and the heightened brightness actually make some areas look better, though the bloom can ruin the artstyle in some places like anytime you're near a torch or opening a chest. But I guess Wind Wakers a case where polished gameplay is less important than graphics to fans.
>>
>>342834546
Remake

It looks beautiful and plays better
>>
Dunno havent played that one yet.

Started TP HD yesterday though and thats really neat on the WiiU.
>>
>>342834546
Remake. Playing through TP on Dolphin, wishing I knew how to install texture packs.
>>
>>342834546
Characters in original
Environment in remake
>>
The remake. People complain about the bloom, but it's worth having a quick touch screen inventory and maps.
>>
Emulating right now.

>eight Trifrorce shards

Why?
>>
>>342834546
The remaster actually :^)
>>
>>342834546
Original if only for the Tingle Tuner
>>
>>342834685
>>342834860
Why people don't like WW? It's one of the only Zelda i had fun with. I also consider it the most charming one.
>>
Which Zelda game should I play if I've literally never played one before
>>
File: WWHD comparison.png (639 KB, 852x472) Image search: [Google]
WWHD comparison.png
639 KB, 852x472
>>342834546
The original, HD completely killed the aesthetic.
>>
>>342834546
bought the remake on sale last week, it looks prettier than I remember, I'm liking it so far
>>
>>342837774
Consider suicide. Start with TPHD
>>
>>342837661
I cannot express quite how disappointed I was that the Tingle Tuner was removed. I still don't understand why given the Wii U gamepad existing.

After getting WW HD me and a friend were going to replay it together using the Tingle Tuner. When we got to Tingle and he gave us a fucking Miiverse Bottle we just stopped playing.
>>
>>342837754
>long ass intro composed of a tutorial, a platforming tutorial, a forced stealth section, then a town quest
>no difficulty whatsoever, finally gets to the level of MMs first dungeon in its last dungeon, then immediately throws you in to the last section of the game
>exploration is hampered by slow movement in the boat, to disguise loading times
>no good side quests
>bosses are repeated at the end for no reason other than padding
>the triforce hunt and the way it's handled regarding tingle

It's okay, but easily the worst console Zelda.
>>
When did it become cool to hate on Wind Waker? It's undoubtably one of the best games in the series, and still has a greater sense of adventure and exploration than most games.

The only issue with the HD edition is that the character models look like garbage in low light conditions.
>>
>>342837774
I'd say start with ALTTP
It introduces a lot of the story content and familiar concepts
>>
>>342837774
Ocarina of Time, regardless of anyones feelings about it, is the Zelda formula in a nutshell and probably the best starting point. It's not my favorite game but if you want to understand what Zelda's all about it's the one to pick up.

If you'd rather try a 2D installment first go with LttP. It's also a great game and it's the game where most Zelda conventions found their start.

If you don't care about any of that and just want something with a good atmosphere and world play WW, MM or LA depending on which is the most eye catching to you. If you want challenging, deep combat and a solid story play a different series.
>>
>>342837774
The original.
>>
>>342837774
Link to the Past or Ocarina
>>
>>342838024
It became "cool" to finally see WW for what it was when the HD remake confirmed to everyone that its simply nostalgia that made them think it was a good game to begin with
>>
>>342838024
>When did it become cool to hate on Wind Waker?
Literally when it was revealed
>>
wind waker is an unfinished game
>>
Original. The bloom in HD looks dreadful and I'm part of the 1% of people who liked the Triforce quest and thought it was a great way to encourage exploring.

Though HD did have some notable improvements.
>>
>>342838024
Everyone saw the art style in the radicool era of the early 2000's and thought "fuck this kiddy shit".
>>
>>342838128
What, and Twilight Princess is so much better? By that logic every Zelda game is just 'nostalgia' and none of them are good.
>>
>>342838302
And then it turned out to play as kiddy shit as it looked.
>>
>>342838339
TP had a lot of side content, good dungeons, and nowhere near the amount of problems WW had. If you can't defend WW on its own merits, then you're just confirming that its not a very good game.
>>
I don't care strongly one way or the other but HD didn't make enough changes to make it worth buying in my opinion if you already have ito n gamecube.
>>
>>342838302
https://youtu.be/GFF23wbKkSw?t=62
>complete and utter silence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2Dc1sx71U
>deafening cheering
It really is quite amazing
>>
>>342838429
>>342838302
It's a Nintendo game, what did you expect?
>>
>>342838527
Wind Wakers trailer is fucking terrible to be honest.
It doesn't even showcase the strengths of the artstyle. It's just bad all around.
>>
>>342838527
Holy fuck I hadn't seen the WW reveal, that's painful
>>
>>342838598
That too, but everyone was expecting the gamecube tech demo.

>>342838647
It doesn't help that Miyamoto gets stuck during the live demo.
>>
>>342838647
Best part was Nintendo didn't want anyone to see the reveal either.
>>
>>342834546
The one that doesn't cover your screen with vaseline
>>
>>342838527
funny how the trailer presented it like muh serious epic game.
>>
>>342838908
They even used the same music as the OoT trailer, which makes it funnier
>>
File: aonumae3lede.jpg (48 KB, 619x449) Image search: [Google]
aonumae3lede.jpg
48 KB, 619x449
>>342838908
>>342838979
>mweeheehee I've duped those dumb gaijins into thinking Zelda will be a serious action adventure game! Quick, put in MORE wacky ugly quirky NPCs and puzzles! Take away the sword! More handholding!
>>
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I thought Phantom Hourglass was way better than Wind Waker. WW had a small amount of shitty dungeons and a huge empty ocean with one island per map block. Most of the items sucked and everything took forever to do. PH had fun items like the boomerang and grappling hook which felt more rewarding to use since they weren't just simple lock-on weapons, the ocean segments still encouraged exploration since there were unmapped islands, but for general traversal it cut the waiting significantly. Linebeck was a pretty good character, and other than the small map (not that bad since it was densely packed), the touch controls and the love-it-or-hate-it Ocean King temple it was a great entry to the series. IMO Wind Waker sucked.
>>
>>342838441
>side content
Such as?
>good dungeons
How was its dungeons in TP better than WW? Especially considering some of the dungeons were actually planned for WW
>No where near the problems WW had
The only problem I see is people complaining about the triforce quests, which honestly doesn't take that long unless you haven't done any exploration at all before that point

Merits: Unique and pleasant art direction. Fun cast of characters. Interesting dungeons/locations. Enjoyable fighting mechanics.

If only it was a little bit more difficult, both the fighting and dungeons, I'd say it was perfect
>>
>>342838339
The only bad thing really about Twilight Princess is the slow start.
>>
>>342839270
See >>342838021
>>
WW only had, like, five dungeons.
That's a huge problem for a Zelda game. You can tell they cut shit because they took the dungeons they didn't finish and stuck 'em in TP, that's a fact.
>>
>>342839503
5, 2 of which were basically tutorial, 2 that was maybe child link level of difficulty in OoT, and one that feels on par with the Forest Temple at best
>>
People didn't take issue with how long the Triforce fetch quest took.
They hated that it was a thing at all.
Dungeons, dammit!
>>
>maps available without pausing the game
HD without question.
>>
>>342839347
And wolf form. And more useless gadgets than any other 3D Zelda.
>>
File: concept_map.jpg (2 MB, 3238x2591) Image search: [Google]
concept_map.jpg
2 MB, 3238x2591
>>342839503
It also has 49 unique islands to explore and a plethora of side content and minigames.
>>
>>342839347
I think I would've preferred TP if I wasn't already spoiled by Okami. The wolf controls in that game made TP feel awful in comparison, everything was automated like jumping and using Midna's arm. The dungeons are great but the in-between makes it a mediocre game overall.
>>
>>342839716
>muh unique islands
>muh sidequests
>>
>>342839716
That picture box thing was filler. It just shows that Nintendo had no fucking clue what to put in the game.
>>
Remake by far. The change to the triforce hunt alone made it far more playable.
>>
>>342839716
Now remove all the ones with triforce pieces. And the 4 that are just there to get the 3D's temple to appear.
>>
File: image.png (188 KB, 492x440) Image search: [Google]
image.png
188 KB, 492x440
>>342839956
>No no, that's just filler, it doesn't count
>>
>>342834546
>Legend of Fetch Quest HD
>>
>>342839716
Majora's Mask had a small amount of dungeons but is my favourite in the series- it did everything right. Sidequests that you cared about, a "mystery" aspect that actually made you want to do the sidequests to uncover what's going on, not just to tick off a map section. WW spends big chunks of the game making you trail back and forth over a huge blue loading screen, with many of the islands being near-pointless. The game doesn't have that much content, it's just drawn out. MM proves Zelda can be fantastic outside dungeons, but WW is one of the worst implementations of it.
>>
>>342837774

any game in the series except majora's mask, it will kick your ass
>>
>>342840026
Don't forget those islands that were just die with different eyes. Really, about 10 of the islands were actually fun and rewarding to discover and explore, and that's a generous estimate.
>>
>>342840059
>>342839956

>no reward
>tiny limit on amount of pictures you can save
>all that trekking to deliver pictures
>half the time they're not right
Not even good filler.
>>
It's the only Zelda I managed to complete in less than 15 hours my first time playing. To say it's content light would be generous
>>
>>342840264
>Camera that is used to get collectibles isn't a reward
>it's on the same island, but somehow that's trekking
>If I can't solve a puzzle on the first try, it's a bad puzzle
I will say the 3 picture limit is dumb
>>
>>342834546
both garbage. next
>>
>>342838647

It was even more painful back then because they teased everyone with the spaceworld tech demo and then basically told everyone to go fuck themselves.

I'm ok with zelda trying new shit, but the WW reveal was the biggest slap in the nuts in the history of videogames, I'm not very fond of toon link and his incredible fleshed out personality thanks to the cool expressions, but if they had handled things better they could've avoided 90% of the shit that got thrown at them.
>>
>>342840426
It took me 20-25, and I tried to explore and do side stuff. A big portion of that time is sailing about and not actually accomplishing anything too, if you could jump straight to your destination instead of watching seagulls fly overhead for 10 minutes every time it's be a 10-15 hour game. I know you get fast travel eventually but it's still clunky and introduced too late
>>
>>342834546
The remake is better, but goddamn, I was just too used to the GCN controls and it fucked me over for the whole game. Every single time I would aim and then accidentally start walking, and that puppet ganon fight was a nightmare.
>>
>>342839716
wow, literally a plethora? side content? minigames? sign me in because that's what i play zelda for!!!
>>
File: medlia melody.gif (180 KB, 600x554) Image search: [Google]
medlia melody.gif
180 KB, 600x554
>>342834546
Exterior: Original
Interiors: Remake
>>
File: Link_Laugh.png (2 MB, 1486x1513) Image search: [Google]
Link_Laugh.png
2 MB, 1486x1513
>>342839826
Yes mate, Zelda games are more than their dungeons, admittedly Wind Waker's dungeons weren't my favorite but it more than made up for that with a vibrant and quirky world to explore.
>>342840194
Majora's Mask had great side quests but Termina doesn't have nearly the same open freedom as the Great Sea.
>>
Windwaker is the most true to the first Legend of Zelda

and thus the best
>>
>>342834546
Its wayy better on dolphin using the hd patch. Makes it like sweetfx is on and shaded nice without the ridiculous bloom and whitewash. Also 60fps unlock and options to change clothes
>>
>>342838527

wind waker came at the wrong time at the wrong moment

99% of the planet just finished majora's mask that was one of the most somber games if not THE most in zelda history and the first thing you are greeted by is a recycled OOT trailer music, a cringeworthy narrator and a god damn puppet link with hideous proportions
>>
>>342840580
>I can't solve a puzzle on the first try, it's a bad puzzle
This is stupid because the game gives no indication that you were successful. If you had to take a picture of, for example, your grandma, took the picture slightly wrong, delivered it only to find that the picture is wrong, then go back and try again, then yeah that's a shitty piece of filler

What are you talking about "on the same island"? You have to tand a picture of every NPC.
>>
>>342838024
Before release
>>
>>342838527

holy shit that trailer montage was so fucking bad....
>>
>>342840650
Oh I played WWHD first. Final play time was 14 hours 50 minutes or something
>>
>>342840764
didn't know the first zelda had a vast empty sea and a whopping 3 dungeons filled with boring puzzles
>>
>>342837921
in that order?
>>
>mfw we will never get a complete wind waker game with all of the planned content
>>
File: 1398350556076.png (127 KB, 416x455) Image search: [Google]
1398350556076.png
127 KB, 416x455
Having played it on the GC, emulated on Dolphin and HD on Wii U, I have to say WWHD is by far the best version.
>>
Dolphin with HD texture pack, obviously
>>
>>342840959
all the planned content was put into better games
>>
>>342839716
>implying most of that shit isn't filler with most of those islands only requiring one visit to get a piece of heart or some shit
fuck off
>>
>>342837754

I NEVER SAID I DIDN'T LIKE IT. I NEVER SAID I DIDN'T LIKE IT. I liked the game, but it is the worst one. Think of all of the music you have in your collection. Even among the songs you love you still have tiers, its the same with Zelda. All the games are AWESOME, but WW was the weakest. AGAIN IT DOESN't MEAN I DONT LIKE THE GAME. Geez.
>>
>>342839679
can only think of the spinner
>>
>>342840753
"Open freedom" isn't fun in Wind Waker. You can't just go wherever you want, there's shit blocking your way. You can technically go to certain islands, but you can't break sequence or explore anything before you're meant to. There's item checks everywhere, like needing the hook, boots, arrow types etc to get into places. MM is similar but is incredibly densely packed with almost every building holding a sidequest to do, sidequests that wind into each other in varying levels of complexity. The dungeons that are in MM are well designed too (stone tower fucks people up), and has a way better atmosphere that extends past artstyle.

Open freedom is worthless if it's the equivalent of running around an empty field looking at locked doors. It's like the Final Fantasy linearity complaint, nothing's changed.
>>
I love WW. I love the art style and I don't really think they fucked it up with the new game. If anything, it looks better in a lot of places.

You're all too cynical.
>>
>>342834546
What all exactly was changed besides the graphics? I haven't played ww in a longtime and was thinking of getting the remaster
>>
>>342840776
>wind waker came at the wrong time at the wrong moment
you basically said wrong time twice there, but when is the right time for a boring puzzle fest with gutted dungeons and mind numbing sailing? wind waker should have been a good game
>>
>>342834546
Remake, the lighting differences worked for me a good amount of the time and the quality of life changes just can't be ignored.
>>
>>342839246

Fun fact, majora's mask wasn't always the dark game it was known to be.

The moon falling and the doomsday 3 day cycle, the cops and robbers concepts, the fleshed out stories of the npcs, they have been all developed by Koizumi, while aonuma kept hard pressing the team to employ more light hearted elements in the game, Koizumi kept pushing for somber elements of death, spirit and passing.
He was also responsible for the ingenius idea of spherical worlds for super mario galaxy which was the first title in nintendo's history to ever surpass OOT in terms of review scores, which net him a staggering promotion never seen before in the entire company, he became miyamoto's protegé and was locked to work on mario games indefinitely until last year, when he was promoted further after super mario 3D world's brilliant fusion of all previous mario games' gameplay mechanics into one.

Koizumi is now finally deputy manager of Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development,the section of nintendo that is currently building breath of the wild, so hopefully he will get his hands on something there.
>>
>/v/ hates wind waker now
it hurts
>>
>>342841612
go away koizumi
>>
>>342841665
>now
nice try
>>
>>342834546
People who hate Wind Waker are Twilight Princess autists who can't accept WW is miles better than their shitty grimdark furry zelda
>>
>>342838021
>exploration is hampered by slow movement in the boat, to disguise loading times
the sailing was fun though, nice satisfying waves and animation. It gave an illusion that the world was big when it was actually really limited.

the problem was the exploration was too predictable with the tiles. It ends up being tedious a couple hours in. It'd have been nice if there was actually more shit to explore added to the sailing making everything feel larger.
>>
>>342834546
original, but only because the remake removed the swimsuit dlc
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
>>342834546
The new shading adds too much dimensionality to the graphics. The original game's style was based on classic manga and they got in a Toei animator from the 60s to supervise the character designs.

Since the game was open world, the game couldn't render a huge amount of polygons and textures so using cel-shading meant that simplistic textures and polygons could look more impressionistic.

Remember how good Jet Set Radio looked on Dreamcast? The Dreamcast had ten times less the polygon power of the gamecube but with cel shading it looked better than most PS2 games!
>>
>>342841665
>now
Fuck off with this already. Same thing goes for TP.
>>
File: daffy.jpg (6 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
daffy.jpg
6 KB, 205x246
>>342841308
>"Open freedom" isn't fun in Wind Waker. You can't just go wherever you want, there's shit blocking your way.

Open FREEDUMB is overrated and is mostly loved by stupid people who dont want to "think" when playing games. They are mostly dindus who want to go anywhere in a game and blow up shit. Fuck that. I want to be "walled off" and be FORCED use my brain and figure out how to get over the "wall".
>>
File: link9.jpg (44 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
link9.jpg
44 KB, 720x480
>>342841612
I hope it works. I need a good Zelda. It's been so long.
>>
>>342841892
TP is actually good though
>>
>>342841665
People with shit taste have hated celda since day 1 idiot.
>>
File: 1393029119884.jpg (12 KB, 193x214) Image search: [Google]
1393029119884.jpg
12 KB, 193x214
>>342841971
>>
>>342841482
it uses the gamepad, so your inventory is always available on the bottom screen. Also, you can use gyro controls in addition to analog controls, if you want.

As you can see from the OP's picture, the ship-specific items like salvage crane, wind waker, cannons, and sail are automatically mapped to extra buttons when you get in the boat, so you don't have to shuffle around your inventory anymore.

Sailing itself is a little easier, since the "change the wind" animation takes less time, and you can buy a new super-sail item from the auction house that makes you really fast, no matter which way the wind is blowing.
>>
>>342842010
its good. it is
>>
Wind Waker was better than Twilight Princess

>timeless art style
>cool new setting AND travel method
>interesting characters and story
>amazing sense of exploration
>lots to do: 49 islands, moblin outposts/submarines, treasure, racing, big octos, ghost ship, picto box, map fish
>decent dungeons (five real ones plus pirate fortress, fire mountain/ice ring isle, ganon's tower)
>cool new items and new takes on old items (iron boots+hookshot)
>good bosses
>kept stuff like manual shielding, magic meter, aiming the mirror shield
>added new spoils and bait bags for new gameplay

Sure, sailing was a bit slow and the triforce hunt was lame. But Twilight Princess basically scrapped overworld traversal and also had that dumb owl statue part.
>>
File: 1382040880830.png (7 KB, 430x449) Image search: [Google]
1382040880830.png
7 KB, 430x449
>>342841971
>>
>>342837754
Intro section was wayyy too long, dungeons are way too basic and easy and the triforce quest sucked major balls. Also having all your islands neatly placed on a square grid kinda takes the fun away from the sailing.
>>
>>342841879
Dreamcast was so cooooooooooooool
>>
>>342838527
man, when was he last time we even got a nintendo presentation
>>
>>342842009
you mean people with good taste
>>
>>342841612
Christ Anon, this grudge is just starting to get pathetic.
>>
File: selfie with ganon's mom.jpg (22 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
selfie with ganon's mom.jpg
22 KB, 640x360
Remake had the amazing selfie feature
>>
>>342841875
They CENSORED Zelda? *grabs pitchfork*
>>
>>342834546

Remake is better. It solves every problem the original had. Fast sailing, you get the camera from the beginning, selfies, less padding, hero mode.

The only drawback is the excessive bloom (wich is not really that annoying once you play it) and the phong shaders in certain moments.
>>
>>342842165

fuck off aonuma everyone was fooled by your flim flams with botw BUT I WON'T

WE'LL SEE IF THE GAME IS SHIT NEXT YEAR

I WONT' FALL FOR THE HYPE
>>
>>342841308
Item checks are good, it rewards me for actually playing the game. Every time I get an item I sail around and find what new islands I can explore.
>>
>>342841482
The Triforce charts and shards bullshit is less bullshit in the remake.
>>
>>342841971
I love practically every Zelda game, even Skyward Sword despite its huge flaws, but Twilight Princess is the one title I'll never go back to. It is such a boring confused piece of garbage.
>>
>>342842342
you're the only one who's confused around here
>>
>>342842289
Thread can end now guys, there's nothing more accurate to explain.
>>
File: 1363548887392.gif (490 KB, 210x110) Image search: [Google]
1363548887392.gif
490 KB, 210x110
>>342834546
Original is visually more consistent but the remake looks better at spots and is overall the better game because of the changes they made.
>>
The graphical change and textures make HD look more like, I dunno they're clay or plastic figurines or something. Which I'm fine with, it's just different.

>>342837374
They sped up animations? Huh, didn't notice that. Maybe it really has been that long since I played the original.

I DID notice the knockouts being changed. I was watching my gf play when she got to the one island surrounded by seahats I was anticipating it being a fucking nightmare all over again but nope not so bad
>>
>>342842010
>>342842342
>>342842072

What a bunch of meme masters.

It has the worst beginning in the series, YEAH I FUCKING GET IT, but the dungeons were fucking great, they keep a steady quality level that other games in the series can hardly maintain, most items are used throughout the game except for that piece of shit spinner and the fucking slingshot, it has the best sidekick in the series after Ezlo and a literal semen demon zelda, hate on wolf link all you want, hate on bug hunt all you want, but the cool moves you could learn, the cool setting, the nice atmosphere of some locations were amazingly fleshed out, it felt too much like an ocarina of time sequel, more so than majora, but it's not a bad game at all, it's not nearly as bad as wind waker, which practically had no dungeons.
>>
>>342842289
>It solves every problem
It doesn't have the extra dungeons, doesnt get rid of the boring puzzles, and doesnt have more content on the sea
>>
>>342838037
I second this, Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past are literally the archetypes for both 3D and 2D Zelda respectively. You could also say that makes them a bit on the bland side but they're still the best starting points.
>>
>>342842054
>timeless art style
so few games use cel-shading anymore
>cool new setting AND travel method
it's ok, i guess, but they fixed boat travel in the remake so obviously there were probs.
>interesting characters and story
ur opinion, bro
>amazing sense of exploration
it's empty
>lots to do: 49 islands, moblin outposts/submarines, treasure, racing, big octos, ghost ship, picto box, map fish
filler
>decent dungeons (five real ones plus pirate fortress, fire mountain/ice ring isle, ganon's tower)
you mean not enough dungeons
>cool new items and new takes on old items (iron boots+hookshot)
that was pretty cool
>good bosses
copypasta bosses
>kept stuff like manual shielding, magic meter, aiming the mirror shield
that was nice of them
>added new spoils and bait bags for new gameplay
filler for the fishing which is filler
>>
>playing any nintendo game after 2004

it is like you are playing the down syndrome version of past games

Neo Nintendo Blows
>>
>>342840215
I honestly didn't think Majora's Mask was that hard. Sure it was far from my first Zelda but it's not like I was getting hit left and right and there weren't constant heart drops.
>>
>>342834546
I liked the remake, it made me use the wii u for once
>>
>>342841914
>I want to be "walled off" and be FORCED use my brain and figure out how to get over the "wall"

If by "using your brain" you mean following a linear series of events to gain the item required to progress then sure. You get told about the Earth and Wind temples. I'd love to be free to explore them at my own leisure, but firstly I need to bring Medli and Makar. I also need to go to the fire and Ice islands first. To gain access to them I need to go get fire/ice arrows. To get them I need control of tornadoes to get to the Mother and Child isles that requires it. To gain control of tornadoes I need to defeat Cyclo. To defeat Cyclo I need the bow. You see what I mean? Is that "open" in any sense of the word? You can go get a few chests early, that's about it.
>>
>>342839270
For all the problems TP had you simply cannot deny the dungeons were several orders of magnitude better than in WW.
>>
>>342842923

difficulty doesn't mean lots of damage being thrown at you famalam, the time system can be excruciating for someone approaching the series, remember how lighting returns turned off millions of people just because it has a time mechanic? same shit
>>
File: 1448426549655.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1448426549655.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>342835934
>Art is objective
>>
File: dbs_quality2[1].jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dbs_quality2[1].jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
>>342841879
>they got in a Toei animator

ah that explains a lot about wind waker
>>
>>342835934

>Art is objective

:tips mirrion troops:
>>
>>342843050
I thought the same coming into the game but honestly the time is beyond lenient. You can easily finish a dungeon by the night of the first day. With the Reverse Time Song each cycle takes 3 hours ffs. But yeah I can kinda agree that it might be a bit much for a first timer.
>>
HD is the definitive version by any measure. Only literal idiots would prefer the uglier game with less content and features.
>>
File: 2jack5.jpg (67 KB, 800x669) Image search: [Google]
2jack5.jpg
67 KB, 800x669
>>342843143
From the 1960s
>>
Does anyone agree that the dungeons in Twilight Princess weren't that great?

I mean they were big and looked cool, but they felt very linear and simple. You never have more than one small key and it never seems like you have to backtrack or get lost.
>>
>>342842919
Some of their best games were released after. You're missing out.
>>
>>342842665
The dungeons aren't as good as OoT or MM. They're really forgettable outside of Snowpeak Mansion, and even it's really easy and linear once you actually play it. The majority of items get used in their own dungeon and as a key to insert into specific key slots a couple times in the overworld, but otherwise are useless (the Dominion Rod is an even bigger offender than the spinner, and is only less remembered because nobody thought it had potential when they obtained it.) Zelda is so absent you wonder why she's even in the game, Wolf Link is an absolutely valid reason to hate the game on its own, the NPCs couldn't decide if they wanted to be important or useless (remember when Ilya gets amnesia for no reason? Remember how that goes absolutely nowhere?) and also couldn't decide if they wanted to look goofy or realistic, the combat didn't reward you for learning new moves because none of the enemies were hard or smart enough to be worth the effort, and the setting is a boring world where everything is a flat combination of greys, browns and greens. The story is a mess that can't decide if your real opponent is supposed to be Zant or Ganon and just clumsily tries to build both without really doing anything to make either a real threat, Midna is great but only at the expense of being the ONLY character in the game given more than ten lines in the entire game, the dungeons have no connection to the world they're set in. Wind Waker had few dungeons, and tons of cut content, but it managed to have dungeons that were mostly fun to play. It managed to have loads of NPCs that were potentially interesting and likable, it managed to have a lot of side quests and small optional exploration, it managed to have new items and items that remained useful outside of their dungeon, it managed to have bosses with an iota of creativity. It is by no means a perfect game, but holy shit it was way better than Twilight Princess.
>>
HD made the gameplay much better but dear lord they completely ruined the aesthetic beyond belief.
>>
>people air grievances with WW
>"BUT TWILIGHT PRINCESS!"

Every fucking time
>>
>>342842665
>nice atmosphere and some locations were amazingly fleshed out
They fucking nailed the Gorons and Death Mountain in Twilight Princess.
>>
If you have eyes, the original.
>>
>>342843926

Everyone agree that Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are 10/10 and Skyward Sword is 5/10.

The only discussion worth having is whether WW is 8 and TP is 7, or the other was around.
>>
>>342837545
>install
You literally just drop shit in a folder
Jesus christ, are you actually this fucking dumb?
>>
>>342841612
Hate SS all you want but don't go around revising history pretending Aonuma didn't make MM just because you have some stupid grudge on him and need an excuse to allow yourself to like MM.
>>
2D Zeldas>3D Zeldas
>>
>>342840776
Believe it or not edgy stuff was popular as fuck during the early to mid 00's. Mind you this is the decade during which DeviantArt, AMVs and fanfics became popular, among other steoreotypically edgy shit. I'm not saying TP was edgy or anything, but it was definately sold that way, which worked as you can tell by the way the crowd reacted.
>>
>>342844692
TP was never marketed as "edgy". It was marketed as "not Nick Jr Dora the Explorer cartoons".
>>
>>342840264

Good thing WWHD made it tolerable.
>>
Fuck off /lozg/.
>>
>>342841482

They cut down on the bullshit for the pictograph and triforce quests.
>>
Original. Much better visual style.
>>
>>342844312
>Everyone agree that Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are 10/10 and Skyward Sword is 5/10.

Dont speak for me asshole. MM, SS and OOT are all 10/10. WW is a 9/10 and TP is a 9.5/10
>>
>>342844312
>and Skyward Sword is 5/10.
I liked SS a lot and consider it to be way better than TP actually.
>>
HD obviously.

Swift sail alone makes it infinitely better without counting the other changes
>>
>>342847234
>>342847462
Hmph... the only place for opinions like that... is HELL! *unsheathes katana and slashes at you so fast it looks like I never unsheathed it at all*
>>
OOT, MM,WW,SS >TP
>>
it's my suspicion that all who like the remake are pol crossboarders
>>
MM > WW > OOT > TP > SS
>>
>>342848660
>WW before TP
WEW
E
W
>>
>>342834546
I prefer the original. I like the color, the clouds, and the charm much more. I like the lack of bloom. It's comfier. I also like completing the whole triforce quest. It's a fun game. I actually played the original version's savage dungeoun for fun at a friends house the other day and got enough joy necklaces for the funny looking mask.
>>
>>342848498
>everyone who doesn't agree with my opinion is a racist
>>
I dont like WW

>boring empty ocean pads out the game
>uninteresting islands until you have all the key items
>SHIT tier triforce quest
>island railroading at beginning of the game stops you from being able to do anything early on
>lame dungeons (why they put so much emphasis on the command melody is beyond me)
>third pearl is just given to you without doing anything, same with deku leaf
>398 rupees JUST FOR ONE MAP(1000 just for a treasure chart)
>aiming the cannon in the gamecube version is godawful
>piss easy combat
>>
>>342843681

literally matthewmatosis word for word, except he recognizes good dungeons which TP has, fucking kys lmao
>>
>>342844508

>le grudge meme

keep going with this shit, it was said in millions of interviews the clear roles he had in the game, 90% of what people remember fondly of majora weren't his ideas in the fucking slightest, now that breath of the wild has been revealed everyone is suddenly defending this fucking hack that has a fetish for puppets and nothing more, fucking kill yourselves
>>
>>342849018
HD version fixes a lot of issues, and the exploration stops being a huge fucking hassle when you realize that you really only should start doing it once you start looking for triforce pieces.
>>
>>342834546
The one that isnt on the Wii U
>>
I like the game play changes in HD but I vastly prefer how the original looks 99.5% of the time
>>
Remakes are almost always better. And if your argument is "Childlike sense of wonder" than your opinion isn't necessary.
>>
>>342848860
>I also like completing the whole triforce quest. It's a fun game.
How is it fun to pay Tingle exorbitant amounts and then to go out and try to hen-peck a treasure chest over and over? The remake includes all the sidequests you do for the Triforce and only removes the worst part of it.
>>
>>342834860
>It's the "worst" of the console Zelda's
Zelda is only on consoles
>>
File: 1449958810299.png (343 KB, 620x332) Image search: [Google]
1449958810299.png
343 KB, 620x332
>>342849668

anon...
>>
>>342848856
Nothing wrong with that at all.

Though OoT should be the same or above MM. And fuck TP, it's awful.
>>
File: Dolphin 2013-10-07 23-31-39-62.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Dolphin 2013-10-07 23-31-39-62.jpg
147 KB, 1920x1200
>>342834546
>>342847607
The original played fine and looked better but it lacks some HD features.

But you can enable most of those features using AR codes and mods. So I like emulating it far more than I would like the HD version which removes the cel-shading and looks terrible with all the bloom.

>>342842180
Emulation had it first.
>>
>>342850112
Wind Waker is objectively worse than Twilight Princess. If you hate motion controls play the GameCube or HD versions.
>>
>>342837329
>changing B to X
Fuck you.
>>
>>342850320
You have an objectively shit and unpopular opinion.
>>
>>342834546
All the zelda remakes fuck with the lighting and it pisses me off.
>>
>>342850320
Twilight Princess' hate never comes from the motion controls, which are fairly inoffensive.
>>
>>342850668
>unpopular
Then why did Twilight Princess have a much better reception than Wind Waker? People didn't love it so much until a few years later. Nintendo changed the art direction of TP specifically due to the audience reaction to cell-shading.
>>
>>342841612
>Koizumi is now finally deputy manager of Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development,the section of nintendo that is currently building breath of the wild
I don't really hate Aonuma anymore since he's shown to have redeemed himself, but if Koizumi writes the sidequests for BOTW I'll love it.
>>
>play WW back in 2003
>expect everything I like from OoT and MM to still be there despite the shift in art style
>it's mostly the same but is a step down in a lot of ways, so I found it disappointing
The remake has faster sailing, and some of the worst elements smoothed out. So I'd say it is better, but it still isn't a great game.
>>
>>342850918
>Then why did Twilight Princess have a much better reception than Wind Waker?
It didn't. You are completely full of shit.

The 'zelda cycle' only came into existence when TP came out because so many people hated it.

>8.8

Don't talk about history that you weren't a part of.
>>
>>342847234
>SS is a 10/10
How can anyone have this opinion
>>
>>342834546
Original on a Wii with component cables.
>>
>>342851291

Get out of your basement m8. A whole lot of people share this opinion.
>>
>>342850918
>Nintendo changed the art direction of TP specifically due to the audience reaction to cell-shading.
That's why there are more cel-shaded 3D Zelda games now than not, right?

kys
>>
>>342834546
Neither.
Zelda is garbage series.
>>
>>342851715

If you really thought so, you wouldn't have posted here. You'd just skip the thread entirely.
>>
>>342850918
Where is unpopular in that post and what does it have to do with cel-shading?
>>
>>342834546
Why didn't they add new dungeons? IIRC the game was originally supposed to have more. Talk about wasted opportunity
>>
>>342851610
>That's why there are more cel-shaded 3D Zelda games now than not, right?
Skyward Sword wasn't cell-shaded. BotW isn't. The only other ones that were are PH and ST, and those aren't 3D.
#niceshirt
>>
>>342834546
they were both fantastic in their own ways
>>
>>342850918
>Then why did Twilight Princess have a much better reception than Wind Waker?

Pic related is what people expected, so when they saw WW, they kneejerked and went WTF?? When TP was shown they went ape-shit because that is what they originally wanted (which was a OOT-style Zelda like the Spaceworld demo.
>>
>>342852297
They count as 3D games and then sorry. Cartoon style which is what people complained about.

You're full of shit and TP was garbage.
>>
File: 3DZelda.jpg (38 KB, 272x408) Image search: [Google]
3DZelda.jpg
38 KB, 272x408
>>342852461
>pic related is 3D
So I guess TLoZ, OA/S, ALttP and ALBW all count as 3D Zelda games so you can make yourself look retarded on the internet?
>>
File: zelda02.jpg (73 KB, 640x325) Image search: [Google]
zelda02.jpg
73 KB, 640x325
>>342852297

You are blind. SS and WW are both cel-shaded. The difference between SS and WW are artstyle, lighting and textures.
>>
>>342851089
>he's shown to have redeemed himself

oh so you finished breath of the wild already
>>
>>342852904
Forgot to mention the Four Swords games, Minish Cap, and Triforce Heroes.
>>
>>342852904
Yes that is 3D you fucking retard.

>>342852963
SS isn't cel shaded.
>>
>>342848962
spoken like a poltard desu
>>
Wind Waker felt like a flawed adventure.
Twilight Princess felt like a series of decent dungeons held together with string,
>>
>>342853415
The camera angle is top-down. How is that 3D?
>>
>>342848856
ww is unquestionably better than tp

>>342849921
the gbc is a console

>>342851367
>not original on a gc with component cables
>>
>>342853785
Because having a top-down camera angle and being 3D aren't mutually exclusive
>>
>>342851604
Care to explain it?
>>
>>342853785
The models are 3D. How is that not 3D?

Camera angle has nothing to do with 3D or 2D.
>>
File: morons.jpg (46 KB, 562x222) Image search: [Google]
morons.jpg
46 KB, 562x222
>>342853415

You are blind. Nintendo just used the same cel-shaded style, changed the coloring, textures and lighting and now you cant tell that its cel shaded? You are just like the people who say WW and WWHD are not cel-shaded. Blind idiots.
>>
I like them both. The remake is technically better but really not that much different. I also don't really think the bloom is as bad as people say, at least most of the time.

One neat thing I love doing in the HD version is walking around in first-person. When I played the original I liked crawling around in first-person, but you couldn't walk with it. It's pointless but pretty cool.
>>
File: celshading.png (94 KB, 964x480) Image search: [Google]
celshading.png
94 KB, 964x480
>>342854118
>You are blind.
Nigger you don't even know what cel-shading is. WWHD is not cel-shaded and SS is nothing close to it. WW is.
>>
>>342854036
So i GTA V is a fps?
>>
>>342854279

Yup, idiot confirmed. I wont waste my time with you. Meh.
>>
>>342854036
Not him but that would make it 2.5D
>>
File: celshade.jpg (16 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
celshade.jpg
16 KB, 550x309
>>342854481
You don't have an argument, you're just an ignorant retard.
>>
File: GZLE01-65.png (857 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
GZLE01-65.png
857 KB, 1440x1080
>>342838021
>>no good side quests

are you still talking about WW? it has some of the best sidequests in the series
>>
>>342854118
How is Skyward Sword cel-shaded? It just looks slightly cartooney, it still has proper shading.
>>
The remake. They implemented the menus and items to the Wii U gamepad perfectly and streamlined that stupid triforce hunt.

The only bad thing was the ridiculous amount of bloom putting a strain on my eyes
>>
Here's my ranking.

2D: A Link to the Past > Oracle of Ages > Oracle of Seasons / Link's Awakening > The Legend of Zelda

3D: Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time / Majora's Mask > Wind Waker / Skyward Sword

Never played Minish Cap.
>>
File: WVW69jVjgZgPf6vN-k.jpg (169 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
WVW69jVjgZgPf6vN-k.jpg
169 KB, 400x240
>>342853031

Triforce Heroes is undeniably a 3D game you retard
>>
>>342834546
Remake.

This game is in my opinion the comfiest of all time. I'm really mad at myself for selling my Wii u but I'm hoping the nx will be backwards compatible.
>>
I haven't played a lotta games in the Zelda series, but I'm looking to, gib advice please

Didn't like SS, dropped it halfway through
Have WWHD, at triforce shard hunt, kinda bored with the game
Playing Link's Awakening, really liking it

should I emulate OOT/MM, or are the remakes better?
>>
>>342855039
>Zelda 1 last place
>Wind Waker last place
>normie shit like LTTP and OOT ranked high
get off my board
>>
>>342855576
remakes nigga, definitely better than wwhd that's for sure
>>
>>342855672
Sorry you feel the need to attack the opinions of others, friend. Also, when did newfags stop saying "normalfag" and start saying "normie"? I think they're missing you over at >>>/r9k/.
>>
File: tumblr.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tumblr.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>342834546
The original. The remake is ugly as sin and the colours look incredibly washed out.
>>
>>342855576
The remakes fucking suck. All of them.
>>
>>342855576
The remakes are better.
>>
If you died more than 2 times you are a fucking casual.
>>
File: Dolphin 2016-02-15 20-49-07-96.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dolphin 2016-02-15 20-49-07-96.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
I only played the original.

Here's my Zelda ranking:
OOT/MM
ALTTP
WW
TLOZ I
LA
OOS/OOA
MC
ST
ALBW
TLOZ II
PH
SS
TP

Triforce Heroes/Four Swords shouldn't be ranked. And I haven't got around to play Hyrule Warriors.
>>
>>342843437
this looks really fucking cool. thanks for positing this anon.
>>
>>342849921
these games were amazing, enjoy your shit taste anon
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.