[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Start playing DS2 >New stat Adaptability >"Huh,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 30
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
>Start playing DS2
>New stat Adaptability
>"Huh, must be the new Resistance"
>Can't dodge for fuck
>Look up online
>"Oh...ok then"

Anything more like this that I should know?
I got the Platinum Trophy on DaS, so I'am not the master of the Universe but I understand the mechanics.
>>
File: DaSII rolling.png (29 KB, 1743x401) Image search: [Google]
DaSII rolling.png
29 KB, 1743x401
>>342823909
Hit detection works like this.
>>
File: 1466733347976.jpg (8 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
1466733347976.jpg
8 KB, 252x244
>>342824010
Wow, this is pretty acurate, thank you.
I'am going for dual wielding and not being able to roll properly was fucking me.
>>
>>342824404
dual wielding is the best part of DaSII, and it's a damn shame that they dropped in in the third game
>>
>>342824521
Ahhh fuck.
I'am will play 3 later and was thinking the things they will add to dual wield. Shame.
>>
Some R1 attacks players can do completely ignore poise.
>>
>start playing DS2
>have no fucking idea where the fuck i'm supposed to go whatsoever
and the NPCs say jack shit.
>>
>>342824404
>dual wielding

How'd you figure out how to dual wield but couldn't figure out what adaptability did?
>>
>>342826651
What?

>>342826805
Go explore man.

>>342826892
Choosing classes.
>>
>>342827068

Ya but to get the dual wield moveset you need 2 of the same type of weapon and then hold down triangle or some shit and then press L1 to attack instead of R1.
>>
File: 1465879389696.jpg (14 KB, 305x343) Image search: [Google]
1465879389696.jpg
14 KB, 305x343
>>342827252
Yeah, I'am looking up this too.
Apparently matching weapons are more fast in normal stance. If you hold down trinagle then you enter in a power stance, this inflicts more damage.
But it has status shenannigans too, I ain't using properlly yet.
>>
As great as they are, the DLC's for this gmae have a lot of bullshit

>Having to farm 50 Loyce Souls to get the Ivory King set and Alsanna's Soul
>Frigid Outskirts
>1 Smelter Wedge being locked behind Sir Alonne
>The two rooms of bullshit leading up to Alonne
>Frigid Outskirts
>Ganksquad: AKA the laziest bossfight in the series' history
>Smelter Demon except with magic
>The gauntlet leading up to Smelter Demon rehash
>FRIGID FUCKING OUTSKIRTS
>>
>>342827986
Fuck the Frigid Outskirts, man.

Other than that, the DLC redeemed the shit that DaS2 was.
>>
>>342827986
That Smelter Demon gauntlet was the worst idea in the history of forever. The gank squad was also fucking complete shit along with the gauntlet leading up to them.
>>
>>342823909
*ahem*

I-frames is governed by agility which is a secondary stat affected primarily by adaptability and less by attunement. Look on wikidot for the exact values but for a melee only character about 15 ADP is usually good enough to get the i-frames of a medium roll.

Regular enemies despawn after you kill them 15 times. You can turn off this despawning by joining the covenant of champions available from a rock in Majula. It turns off despawning so all enemies will respawn at the cost of enemies doing more damage and having more health.

Bonfire Ascetics push an area around a bonfire into NG+, resetting enemies respawns including those of unique non-respawning enemies. This also enables you to re-fight bosses at NG+ levels before you beat the game. The reason you wanna do this is some NG+ bosses drop new boss souls and certain areas will have +2 versions of rings with enhanced effects. Rings have +1 and +2 variants in this game.

NG+ areas also have new red phantom enemies in places, including in boss areas.

NPC questlines for any summonable NPC only progress by summoning their white phantom and having them survive to beat a boss. Each boss beaten enables them to appear in another area, they give you items at each step. You can also get their drops by killing them and buying the shit off of hag Melentia. Any killed NPC leaves a tombstone after a while that lets you summon them for a soul fee, but you cannot progress any storyline with them dead.

You get to the DLC areas at specific "shrines", two of which are at the primal bonfire where you beat two of the main bosses, one is along the path of progression.

If you get over 1 million soul memory you can open the door to Drangleic Castle in shaded woods, otherwise you only open it by beating the four main bosses.

There are two endings in Scholars, a default one and a secret one you have to unlock. When you beat the game you don't go to NG+ immediately, you can stay and choose to enter NG+ at any time.
>>
>>342828302
???
>>
>>342827494
You need 1.5 the stats if I recall to power stance any weapon, sorta like how two-handing a weapon multiplies your strength by 1.5 for the purpose of str requirements. Weapons need to be of the same "type" too, check the wiki for compatibility. Generally power stance movesets are slower and use more stamina, but you attack with both weapons at the same time so they deal heavy damage.

>>342828302
You can run past most of it

>>342828701
He's talking about the path to blue smelter
>>
>>342826805
You can go anywhere, DS2 exploration isn't gimped like in DS1 or nonexistent like in DS3.
>>
You know, if you go, lets say, to /tg/ or any tabletop rpg group in your region, create a character, then be surprised when you fucked up the stats cause you didnt know what you were increasing, they will laugh at you. A LOT

But them casual fucks think that you dont need to think in video games, thus the current state of the industry.

The game does have the mistake of not telling you, but thats hardly a fault of only DS2

Stop being a fucking casual and look for what you are upgrading.
>>
>>342827986
Blue Smelter wouldnt be so bad if he didnt constantly throw you off with his delays, You never know if he's going for the quick version or the delayed version of an attack, Its total bull.
>>
>>342828892
Not exactly true. At the start you can go tower of flame or forest, both lead to bastille eventually.

After tower you can go to huntsman and after you get a branch you can go to shaded woods. At any time you can go down the hole to the gulch (or find an NPC to make a ladder for you if you can't survive the drop).

Each path leads more or less straight down until you fight a main boss, then it dead ends. Everything else after is just a straight linear line forward.
>>
>>342828849
>He's talking about the path to blue smelter
Think outside of the box people.

I simply equipped all items that gave me spell slots and filled them with healing miracles and the pyro healing spell.

I healed my summons and when i entered the blue smelter room they were both full HP and literally shredded him.
>>
>>342823909
Man, Aside from agility DS2 hit all the right spots, There was a reason i didnt mind buying it 3 times.
And before anyone asks
>First PS3 release
>Then PC release
>Later Scholar release
>>
>>342829201
Except DS2 is the worst soulsborne game.
>>
>>342829103
I really liked that about Smelter blue. One of the biggest complaints DaS2 has is the shitty enemy movesets, every enemy and boss feels the same to fight. It's not because they're all armored dudes with sword, it's because they all attack with roughly the same timing and have similar movesets of three hit combo/vertical smash/horizontal swipe. Thronestein and Throrne are fought literally exactly the same as that one room with like five royal soldiers because their movesets are almost the same as a normal enemy.

So Smelter shows exactly what they could do to fix it with the least effort: have enemies delay attacks even mid-combo and vary up patterns. That's the only thing different with blue smelter aside from magic damage, but that's all it took to make smelter hard again and not be a memory test of doing this dodge when he does this attack.
>>
File: bef.gif (1 MB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
bef.gif
1 MB, 300x174
>>342828672
>Regular enemies despawn after you kill them 15 times. You can turn off this despawning by joining the covenant of champions available from a rock in Majula. It turns off despawning so all enemies will respawn at the cost of enemies doing more damage and having more health.
So thats why enemies are vanishing. I thought it would be some kind of trap later.

>Bonfire Ascetics push an area around a bonfire into NG+, resetting enemies respawns including those of unique non-respawning enemies. This also enables you to re-fight bosses at NG+ levels before you beat the game. The reason you wanna do this is some NG+ bosses drop new boss souls and certain areas will have +2 versions of rings with enhanced effects. Rings have +1 and +2 variants in this game.

>NG+ areas also have new red phantom enemies in places, including in boss areas.
New content? This is awesome! BB and DS3 continue this trend?

>NPC questlines for any summonable NPC only progress by summoning their white phantom and having them survive to beat a boss. Each boss beaten enables them to appear in another area, they give you items at each step. You can also get their drops by killing them and buying the shit off of hag Melentia. Any killed NPC leaves a tombstone after a while that lets you summon them for a soul fee, but you cannot progress any storyline with them dead.
This sucks. I want to beat every boss by myself. Well, NG+ for the quests then.

>If you get over 1 million soul memory you can open the door to Drangleic Castle in shaded woods, otherwise you only open it by beating the four main bosses.
Dafuck, 1M?? Souls comes like candy in a candy store by the end?

>There are two endings in Scholars, a default one and a secret one you have to unlock. When you beat the game you don't go to NG+ immediately, you can stay and choose to enter NG+ at any time.
Huh, this is a handy one.

Thank you man, really! I don't like to read or watch videos cause I don't wanna spoilers. Thank you!
>>
File: Knot my problem.png (264 KB, 540x569) Image search: [Google]
Knot my problem.png
264 KB, 540x569
>>342829324
Whatever you say, Jim.
>>
File: 1464895091690.png (380 KB, 554x555) Image search: [Google]
1464895091690.png
380 KB, 554x555
>>342829180
>Think outside of the box
>summons 2 phantoms
>>
File: 1466405829373.jpg (99 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
1466405829373.jpg
99 KB, 736x1104
>>342828849
>You need 1.5 the stats if I recall to power stance any weapon, sorta like how two-handing a weapon multiplies your strength by 1.5 for the purpose of str requirements. Weapons need to be of the same "type" too, check the wiki for compatibility. Generally power stance movesets are slower and use more stamina, but you attack with both weapons at the same time so they deal heavy damage.
1.5...that's ok. I was worried thinking it would be 2x.

>>342829201
Actually I liked the agility thing. What I dislike is the fucking hidden mechanics that FS do.
>>
>>342829180
>Think outside the box
>Summons NPC's and has them cheese the area for you

Wow, clever thinking there, DSP.
>>
>>342829540
And i saved myself a ton of consumables that i would've had to spend instead.
>>
>>342829706
you still played on easy mode
>>
>>342829605
This is the only way i could do it at the soul level i had and with the build/weapons i was using.
>>
File: Rad.png (482 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
Rad.png
482 KB, 500x738
>MFW DUAL WIELDING CHICKEN LEGS
>ASS BLASTING DAMAGE
>GOODBYE HEALTHBARS
>>
>>342829180
Like I said, you don't need nearly that much prep. When I was redoing the area to beat smelter blue I literally just fucking legged it and usually got there without getting hit.

>>342829370
>New content? This is awesome! BB and DS3 continue this trend?
I don't think BB does. DS3 keeps the +1 and +2 rings appearing in new places in NG+ but no new enemies or special boss souls sadly.

>Dafuck, 1M?? Souls comes like candy in a candy store by the end?
No, it's one or the other. Either you beat the four main bosses OR if you grinded like a madman you can skip the four bosses. Just letting you know what to do when you come across a door you can't open in shaded woods, some people got kinda lost after beating the four main bosses.

>Huh, this is a handy one.
Yeah, Scholars added a new ending regarding a new NPC (you'll know who they are, they appear out of nowhere in weird places to talk to you). I think you have to talk to them in all places they appear and then kill a certain optional boss before fighting the final boss. Also you can get the default ending, bonfire ascetic the nearest bonfire, do the required conditions and then fight the boss again to get the other ending in one NG cycle.

Also without any major spoilers, once you get to the castle the path to the ending gets weird. You go down a path, get a thing, use that to open previously sealed doors, get another thing, go to.. a weird place to get a third thing, then go back to the castle.

>>342829560
Fun fact, the most strength needed to wield a weapon is a giant metal club that looks like a chicken drumstick needing 60 strength. You thus need 90 strength to powerstance it.
It's what this guy is talking about >>342829856

Also protip, hag Melentia sells infinite small life gems. Consider just buying 99 of them and using that to heal outside of fights to conserve estus. Hell, use them mid-fight if you can get a big enough opening if you're daring.
>>
File: 1461275896594.jpg (587 KB, 1610x910) Image search: [Google]
1461275896594.jpg
587 KB, 1610x910
>>342829768
Does that seem like easy mode to you?
>>
>>342829840
That's never the case
>>
>>342829973
Almost correct, One handing requires 75 fucking STR and dual wielding needs a maxed out 99STR
Its fucking insane.
>>
>>342829973
>you'll know who they are, they appear out of nowhere in weird places to talk to you

YOUNG HOLLOW
>>
>>342830138
Oh shit, I totally forgot the requirements were that high. My bad. Yeah that shit was nuts.
>>
>>342830138
Not really.This is something you could do in a str/vgr/end build no sweat.

But you will need to be good at fatrolling with low agility and most of you suck at that big time.
>>
>>342830138
>Almost a hundred freaking levels just to wield the bastards
You have to be level 160 or something if you want to have the stamina and shit to use that set-up
>>
>>342829768
So you were saying something about easy mode m8?

plz reply >>342830034
>>
File: 1435740358494.jpg (39 KB, 398x368) Image search: [Google]
1435740358494.jpg
39 KB, 398x368
>Tried Playing DaS2 after playing the shit out of DaS1
>Having a good time, get to Lost Bastille
>Everything's horrible
>Exploding mummies, Royal Swordsman ganksquads, the big caped mummy dudes, basically everything
>Barely drag my defiled corpse out of the Ruin Setinals fight, make it to Lost Sinner
>Un
>Fucking
>Believable
>Feel rage and helplessness like never before
>Nobody can save me, for they'll die if they do
>mfw Lost Sinner is the only boss in a video game to make me cry
And then I got Demon's souls and played the fuck out of that, the end.
>>
>>342830392
More like level 120 with the proper items.
>>
>>342830396
summoning is always easy mode
git fucking gud
>>
>>342830397
did you light the torches outside lost sinner?
>>
>>342830397
Holy shit you must be fucking casual as hell nigger, Lost Sinner aint that hard. The game does have bullshit bosses like Smelter but shit man.

Also summoning NPCs for bosses is required for NPC storylines. Pre-patch they were uncompletable because NPCs sucked donkey dick but after one of the early patches they basically quadrupled NPC phantom health and defense so they can tank anyone you summon them for.

>>342830592
If you played vanilla then even then it's not even actually that dark, it just means you lose lock on when she jumps.
>>
>>342830528
I am good enough to play at 97% equip load at SL 48 and SM of 128k.

If you think that going alone at SL 200 with a gazillion i-frames is hard you simply never played the game.
>>
>>342830528
For the record, the only time it wasn't was vanilla vanilla DaS2. You summon an NPC which increases the boss health, you both walk in, NPC gets hit twice and dies. GG. Or you summon Lucatiel and she gets stuck behind the fog as you get raped by Smelter.

That NPC phantom buff couldn't come soon enough given that it was required for NPC quests.
>>
>>342830789
>I am good enough to play at 97% equip load at SL 48 and SM of 128k.

with 2 summons who do all the work for you
git gud
>>
>>342830756
Well light expands the range of your lock on.Using your torch is a great way to lock on from further away with spells.
>>
>>342830996
If you think that it is that easy how about you do it.
You probably won't even make it to the DLC area.
>>
>>342826805
>and the NPCs say jack shit.
That's just not true. The crestfallen warrior tells you about all the available paths and iirc hints at which of them you should and shouldn't go to.
>>
>>342831059
I thought as much, though with Sinner I usually fight her close up so the few times I did it in the dark weren't actually too bad.
>>
>>342831331
It is useful in other dark places too and can be useful again mele invaders since you will be able to engage from further away.
>>
>>342824521
you fuckers complained far too much about 2 being shit that they didn't bring any of the good stuff it did.
You only have yourselves to blame.
>>
>>342831589
Most people don't know half the systems that are working in DS2.

Even i didn't know that torches would increase lock on range until i looked up the wiki.

http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/game-mechanics

So many little touches that most of the complainers never even bothered to notice.
>>
>>342831796
too bad they got the fundamentals of combat, level design and interesting enemy/boss encounters completely wrong
can't polish a turd
>>
http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/dead-again

I wonder if this can be used on an invader?
>gather monsters and kill them around the same spot
>wait for an invader(blue will be easier to pull in)
>lure him in on the corpses
>detonate
I never tried this spell.
>>
>>342831869
>too bad they got the fundamentals of combat
Are you smoking pot boyo?DS2 has the best combat in the series.if you are too much shit to play without rolling a 1000 times that is you being shit not the combat itself.
>>
File: 1452704629863.jpg (19 KB, 171x274) Image search: [Google]
1452704629863.jpg
19 KB, 171x274
>>342832327
>DS2 has the best combat in the series.
>>
>>342832381
besides bloodborne, definitely
>>
File: 1464526884320.png (233 KB, 708x520) Image search: [Google]
1464526884320.png
233 KB, 708x520
>DeS
>sets the stage for the rest of the souls games, is a great game in its own right
>DaS
>refines and simplifies things from demons souls, game feels great to play
>Das 2
>has CORE problems, introduces a few nice new things, not a must play in the series
>DaS 3
>the culmination of everything fromsoft has learned from all previous games, including bloodborne
How right is this?
>>
>>342832504
it has the least responsive and buggiest combat in the series so if that's your criteria for best then I agree
>>
>>342832381
>It's not backstab festival like DS1
>It's not Parry Whiff and Roll party like DS3
>It's not Scraping spear central like Demons Souls
Tell me what's bad about it, Please.
>>
>>342832604
weightless animations and broken hitboxes
>>
>>342832585
>
>
>How right is this?
So much green shit the thread is starting to stink.
>>
>>342832585
Well it implies Dark Souls 3 is an actually good game and Dark Souls 2 isn't so it's pretty wrong.
>>
File: oh shietreat.jpg (75 KB, 680x709) Image search: [Google]
oh shietreat.jpg
75 KB, 680x709
>>342832585
>DaS 3
>the culmination of everything fromsoft has learned from all previous games, including bloodborne
You mean reused assets and animations, R1 stunlocking 90% of the game, A broken covenant with no purpose, A stat made pointless and Miracles&Spells made into wet paper. Then yea sure, Pretty accurate.
>>
>>342832812
sounds correct to me
>>
>>342832874
>You mean reused assets and animations
It's a souls game
>R1 stunlocking 90% of the game
In PVP only.
>A broken covenant with no purpose
??
>A stat made pointless
??
>>
File: fngry.gif (2 MB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
fngry.gif
2 MB, 500x480
>>342832874
>Bosses stagger after continuous damage and constant pressure
This is good
>Bosses can the be riposted for massive damage during this time
THIS IS NOT
>>
Power-stance the Large Club and Great Club. Best damn PVE build I've ever had in a Souls game.
>>
>>342824010
If dodging worked like that, wouldn't you be completely unable to dodge a long giant-arm/tentacle sweep?
>>
>>342833235
I don't mind it in theory, but DSIII bosses don't have enough HP to accommodate it. Bloodborne was all about trying to go for the risky visceral attacks for the massive damage because they had tons of health to encourage it.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (52 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
52 KB, 400x266
>>342833126
>It's a souls game
That's not an excuse
>In PVP only.
You mean aside from every enemy in Irithyll Valley, Catacombs, Swamp (Including the boss), High wall, Lothric castle and Irithyll dungeon?
>Broken Covenant
Dark moons.
>Stat made pointless
Poise.
>>
>>342829103
I honestly cant think of a more difficult boss in ANY game.

I couldnt imagine doing big Blue on new game++, if you fuck up once you're almost guaranteed dead. I even shoved cresent grass, magic defense & used blunt weapons and still just beat him.
>>
>>342833619
>That's not an excuse
Then it's efficient? How about it's in the same universe?
>You mean aside from every enemy in Irithyll Valley, Catacombs, Swamp (Including the boss), High wall, Lothric castle and Irithyll dungeon?
Every single one of those areas could kill you if you R1 spammed.
Valley had flank dogs
Catacombs had those skeletons that throw shurikens
Swamp had poison to slow you down, poison mist and those curse frogs
High wall was the start of the game nigga
Lothric castle had a boreal fucker, but mostly yes
Irrithryl dungeon had those guys with the lanterns that slow you down and rape your health.
>>
>>342834541
>I honestly cant think of a more difficult boss in ANY game.
I don't know about you guys, but fume knight slapped my shit.
>>
>>342834578
Even the kukri throwing skeletons could be R1 spammed, They jumped around alot but they could still be stunlocked, And the lantern guys only slowed you down if you got hit, Their stabs are slow so even if you are constantly at 1 health you are never really in any danger, Roll a single attack and they're at your mercy.
>>
>>342834690
I could not for the life of me beat Fume Knights first form, Once i slapped on the velstald helmet and started from stage 2 he was EZPZ.
>>
>>342834797
>Even the kukri throwing skeletons could be R1 spammed, They jumped around alot but they could still be stunlocked
Those kukri skeletons had high damage, high health and high mobility.
>And the lantern guys only slowed you down if you got hit
They slowed you down if you were in their sight. It was always tricky when the screaming hollows were after you
>Their stabs are slow so even if you are constantly at 1 health you are never really in any danger, Roll a single attack and they're at your mercy.
Their beam slows you down and saps your health quickly, they have a slow attack to make them more fair
>>
>>342829324
so?
>>
>>342835149
So it did not "hit all the right spots". Given that it had terrible level design, lazy world geography, awful bosses and bad enemy placements.

I played SOTFS, by the way.
>>
>>342835108
>Their beam slows you down
It doesnt, Idunno where you got that from but i dont get slower, they just drain your health.
You can't die from it either, And the stab doesnt slow you per-se, It lowers your equip load.
>It was tricky when the screaming hollows were after you
You mean in the very beginning of the level? Those scrawny fucks that dies in 1 hit? Or do you mean the gollum creatures, Who dont even bother you unless you get too close?
>>
>>342826805
Go go forest of fallen giants
>>
>>342835693
>It lowers your equip load
So it slows you.
There are multiple enemies in that level that attack you with the jailers, including packs of jailers.
It's literally impossible to R1 spam pve the whole game.
>>
>>342835459
Fun is subjective you know.
>>
>>342827986
>>342828302
>they didn't like the gank squad

Man up you casuals, that fight is fun as fuck.
>>
>>342835995
Never said WHOLE game, said 90%.
>Multiple enemies that attack you with the jailers
The only noticeable moment this happens is the large room with 10 of them, Even then you can draw them out in groups of 2-3 at a time and easily take care of them.
And if you go trough dungeon with low enough equip load they cant even slow you, Jailers are weak and over-rated.
>>
>>342836053
So?

>>342836098
>Calls other casuals
>Appeals to "fun"

Really?

The fight is lazily made and boring as fuck. They didn't even bother giving the NPC's unique armor sets. You run in circles for 10 minutes and hit them when you get a chance.

And for your information, I beat it on my 2nd attempt.
>>
Tying dodge frames to a stat is fucking stupid.

Especially when the stat looks like it does fucking nothing
>>
>>342836279
>The only noticeable moment this happens is the large room with 10 of them, Even then you can draw them out in groups of 2-3 at a time and easily take care of them.
Yes, that's the only way to take care of them. It takes a while and is easy to mess up.
>And if you go trough dungeon with low enough equip load they cant even slow you, Jailers are weak and over-rated.
Never noticed that, I guess it fits that the jailers didn't hurt the prisoner hollows, because they wore nothing and had no health.
It actually kinda fits lore-wise.
>>
>>342836346
>You run in circles for 10 minutes and hit them when you get a chance.

If you're bad at the game and play like a passive little bitch, sure. I loved the way the fight was designed, you're in an actually unique arena for once and there are three enemies with different skill sets that require different strategies.
>>
>>342826805

Not true. The Emerald Herald tells you to take the path to the forests behind you.
>>
>>342826805
Just talk to the Crestfallen and Cat. They mention Forest of Fallen Giants and Tower of Heide, that will make your way to Lost Bastille.
>>
>>342836637
You're the only person I've ever met who actually defends that boss fight.

But sure, it's just that everyone else sucks at the game and not just because you have shit taste.
>>
File: dr das.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dr das.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>342836994
I've seen plenty of people on /v/ that enjoyed it, it helps if this isn't your first week here.
>>
>>342823909
>Start playing DS2
Best game in the series t b h.
>>
>>342830397
The 4 main bosses were easy compared to the other ones, like the ruin sentinels and the smelter demon.
>>
>>342833298
Not really, it just means that there's a narrow window in your dodge animation where the attack has to hit where you where, as you're in the middle of rolling, in order for you to properly dodge it
It also means that there's a small window at the end of your roll where you can get hit by shit that wasn't anywhere near you
>>
File: 1458872865038.gif (2 MB, 1208x860) Image search: [Google]
1458872865038.gif
2 MB, 1208x860
>>342827986
I'm gonna buy DaS 2

How bad Frigid Outskirts is?
>>
>>342831869
nothing in DS2 is worse than bed of chaos
>>
>>342823909
>Lost Sinner summons two Pyromancers in NG+
Some real fucking bullshit right there
>>
File: ds2 e3 build stairway.png (939 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ds2 e3 build stairway.png
939 KB, 1280x720
>bamco didn't even change deadline after development was scrapped midway
>we will never know what tanimura might have made instead if he was given enough time to start from scratch
>we will never know whatever the fuck shibuya was making and if it might have good albeit different
>ds3 did not develop on ds2's pre-downgrade visuals or slower combat to differentiate from bb
>retards still ignore that some stuff were already changed/downgraded in e3 mirror knight demo build (which still looked fantastic) like pic related and are literally lying when using alpha grafix as a "fair" comparison

This is depressing. I've grown to find DS2's designs and human-centric setting more interesting. Faraam>Elite Knight.
>>
So, I'm currently playing the game as well. Should I just ignore Adaptability?
>>
>>342844358
Did you pay any attention to the thread at all?
Like even remotely?
Are you maybe retarded?
>>
File: 1375616748772.jpg (94 KB, 750x543) Image search: [Google]
1375616748772.jpg
94 KB, 750x543
>>342843146
Very, but people make it far harder than it actually is. You CAN'T run away from the reindeer, you have to fight every single one and beat them before a second one spawns. It's still bullshit though.
>>
>>342823909
Adaptability sucks. Sacrificing 10 to 20 fucking levels just to be able to dodge like in the other games is absurd.
Just accept that DaS2 is a game where you aren't meant to dodge.
>>
>>342843146
If you're just running to the boss, the secret is basically run forward until you hit a wall and then go left I think and follow the wall, that leads to the boss area.

Yo but there's unique items scattered around the wastes so good luck trying to collect that shit. Use a map, summon phantoms to be your meat shield against the reindeer and pray for your ass.
>>
remember all that weapon and build variety in ds3?
oh right
>>
>>342844358
Pump it to 15 and then just leave it there, 15 usually gives enough agility to have normal i-frames in your roll.

Never have less than 12.
>>
>>342846372
adp sucks, but DaS2 leveling is different from the other games
you end up much higher level by the end
you can easily get level 150 in NG without ever grinding
in DaS it's like level 70
>>
Adaptabillity was a pretty cool stat, I think I remember hearing dev reasonings and they said it's because they wanted players to feel stronger as they level. Better rolls did that.

It also rewarded players who could time their dodge as opposed to just dodging as soon as an enemy begins their attack animation and still get away scott-free like in DaS1/DeS (Even BB and DaS3). The base-adp iframes was equivalent to the rolls in monster hunter, meaning you have to time it the moment before you're hit.

They even designed the game around base ADP. Every attack in the game except for one can be dodged at base ADP, and that attack is Chariot's wheel, which is something most players avoid in the first place because they hide in the little alcoves throughout the arena.
>>
>>342830397
Lost sinner is pathetically easy. Hell the dual faced mobs in the flooded rooms before him were a bigger threat.
>>
Demons Souls
Tutorial -> Nexus -> 1-1:

Boletarian Palace
Stonefang Tunnel
Tower of Latria
Shrine of Storms
Valley of Defilement

5 paths to choose

Dark Souls 1

Tutorial -> Firelink:

Undead Burg
Catacombs
Londo Ruins into Blighttown
Londo Ruins into Darkroot

4 Starting locations

Dark Souls 2

Forest of the Fallen Giants
The Gutter
Heide's Tower

3 Starting Locations

Bloodborne

Central Yharnam

1 Starting location

Dark Souls 3

Lothric Highwall

1 starting location

What happened?
>>
>>342827986
The three dlc side areas and the accompanying bosses are pretty much the shittiest parts of the entire series. The expansions would've been better honestly if the gauntlets were just removed outright and a third boss ORIGINAL was encorporated into the main parts of the dlc, preferably that acuatlly had some story/lore reason to exist.
>>
>>342846671
Exactly. You can beat one or two bosses and suddenly have enough souls to level ADP to get 100/105 AGL.

I found that at endgame, having done DLC, I had pretty much hit 40 in all relevant stats (VIG, END, STR, DEX, ADP) without saving all my souls for leveling.

Besides the point but another nice thing about DS2 is that you have an incentive to play NG+ in order to run gimmicky high level builds like powerstanced ultragreatswords or great hammers.
>>
>>342829103
God forbid you have to actually react to attacks rather than preemptively dodge right?
Soulsfags are absolutely trash.
>>
>>342847603
The Gutter in DS2 is technically locked away until you buy the cat ring/get the laddersmith back from Earthern Peak/level hp enough to survive falls.
>>
>>342848256
This is incorrect, you just need 24 vit.
>>
>>342848019
The point of souls bosses has always been to memorize a pattern and react accordingly, Always has been, But you cant react to a pattern that is constantly changing.
>>
>>342832778
>hitbnoxes

Just because you didn't level adaptability doesn't mean the hitboxes are broken.
>>
>>342848562
You can react, you just can't react preemptively and dodge whenever you see the boss start an attack animation. Become better, git gud, acquire proficiency, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 500x374
>>342832585
>How right is this?

It was wrong giving the First Flame too many Moon Presence similarities, and the game loses originality in using too many BB themes.
>>
>>342847603
>Going thought catacombs without a blessed weapon
>counting shortcuts when you don't play the area properly an just run for the boss

>even listing the valley of defilement as an option at the start when you don't have any antipoison or anti plage moss
>>
>>342849397
>killing skeletons
>shortcuts suddenly don't count
>needing antipoison

Hahaha
>>
>>342844201
Dark Souls 2 was held-back by console limitations. There was a shit ton of mechanics and features that got cutted like the torch mechanic because it just wouldn't work on consoles.
Half the game ended up being cut to because of Namco rushing the team.
They even scrapped the entire game and build the current game reusing assests from their real game.
It's really disappointing.
Faraam was only chosen because Namco liked that set the best, despite From wanting to make Alva the iconic set. Hell they even put Alva's set on the Dark Souls 1 cover even though it was in that game. And for DaS2 they had Alva as the gesture preview.
>>
>>342849686
>playing the game with a guide/counting second run thoughts as real play thoughts

going in blind is point of souls,
>>
>Dark souls 3 comes out
>people still crying about ADP in Dark Souls 2

Kill yourself please
>>
>>342850131
Anon, you know... NEEDING moss for defilement and NEEDING a blessed weapon for skellies screams guide reader more than boss rushers.
>>
>>342847603
Except this shit only matters in NG+. In DS1, the only realistic option for most first time players is Undead Burg because you'll get raped if you go to any of the other starting locations.
>>
>>342850338
>knowing the area inside and out to where you can just run past all the traps
>more indicative of guide use then hints that are in the actual game

dat mental gymnastics
>>
>>342850657
Only a guide would tell you blessed permanently kills skeletons and that VoD is full of poison
>>
>>342850762
The blacksmith tell you not to go to the catacombs without a holy weapon an every npc in emons who even talks about the valley talks abut the plauge

so not only did you use a guide, you didn't even stop to read what the npcs say
>>
>>342850657
>Knowing an area well enough to prepare for it before you've even entered it
VS
>Trial and Error rushing trough the area out of curiosity and eventually reaching the boss
>>
>>342851031
>uses a guide
>guide doesn't tell you what npc says
What a shit guide
It's more like this: >>342851103
>>
>>342851103
>>Trial and Error rushing trough the area out of curiosity and eventually reaching the boss
>fun

ya no you used a guide
>>
File: 1444751414249.png (2 MB, 556x1213) Image search: [Google]
1444751414249.png
2 MB, 556x1213
>>342823909
I'm having an absolute blast with DS2 right now. I played DeS and DaS and I think DS2 maybe my favorite of the bunch. The combat feels way better than the previous Soul games and the world is absolutely depressing, but I don't think it's as depressing as the other two Souls' games.

I think Dark Souls is more difficult than 2, probably because in the beginning I kept getting fucked up by skeletons and I didn't pay much attention to my surroundings. What I really like about DS2 is there is more "oh shit, I fucked up I'm going to die" moments than in the other Soul games.

I truly do not understand what makes DaS2 so terrible compared to the other two games. I really do not think the game is that difficult at all. The combat is great, world is great, level design is great, customization is great, and the game is fair. My only real complaint is the music. Seriously, the music in this game is so fucking forgettable compared to the other two games.

With all that said, I just finished the Iron Keep, and that was the only level I was stuck on. Maybe the game gets harder from here, I dunno.
>>
File: 1345638791715.jpg (65 KB, 467x325) Image search: [Google]
1345638791715.jpg
65 KB, 467x325
>>342823909
>Start playing DS2 on PC
>New stat Adaptability
>"Huh, must be the new Resistance"
>notice the massive decrease in iFrames from DS1 to DS2
>git gud
>play through the entire game multiple times with different builds and though many NG+ cycles
>never level ADP
>never have a problem

I always hear people complaining about agility. Just how bad are these retards?
>>
>>342851221
>fun can only be determined by ME and ME alone.
i finally realized i was being baited
good show anon
have another (You) on me.
>>
>>342851192
sure thing buy, if you i that you have autism for thinking that is fun

>Im not gonna fight any of the regular enemies and die over and over just because I want to fight only bosses

Yes im am so sure that was your first playthrough
>>
>>342851298
Retards who are use to rolling in DeS/DaS with no risk behind it all. Just press b anytime a enemy breathes rather than wait for an attack to collide.
>>
>>342851336
see the post directly below yours and hang your head in shame

faggot
>>
File: 110af00veeeeFE11.jpg (31 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
110af00veeeeFE11.jpg
31 KB, 500x285
>>342851373
>if you i that you
>>
>>342851298
I-frames don't really matter if you've got a good shield (Drangleic shield). There's a reason most new players usually look like this:
>Vengarl's Helm
>Drangleic set
>Drangleic shield
>greatsword
>>
File: laugh.gif (151 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
151 KB, 500x281
>>342851373
>He never rushed an area because he felt it was hard
>He came prepared with all the specific items necessary to breeze trough the area
>He can't accept being wrong
>>
>>342851773
Hey if you don't take the time to make sure you are prepared for an area and have a +15 weapon, 99x Humanity, 99x Moss, 99x Resins you HAVE to be a guide reader. Fucking autist!
>>
>>342851298
Retards that roll all the time or at the start of the enemy attack

They could try to look how the enemy attack pattern and try to dodge when the weapon or attack is gonna connect, but they still dodge like a idiot
>>
>>342851773
>Rushing an area makes it easier

only if you know the boss attack patterns, my little guide user, otherwise its a 5-10 minute walk while you learn a new attack each time, especially if you went to a boss of an area you are underleveled for and get one shoted :^)

you used a guide or have extreme autism, like .01 percent of the pop kind of autism not 4chan autism
>>
>>342840514
>The 4 main bosses were easy compared to the other ones, like the ruin sentinels and the smelter demon.
This is not really true.It all depends on your build.
I had a build that had real trouble with the Rotten but melted pretty much everything else.

For the sentinels all you need is a shield and you are golden.
>>
File: Oh boy.gif (2 MB, 336x199) Image search: [Google]
Oh boy.gif
2 MB, 336x199
>>342852226
>This level of try hard baiting
I'm honestly impressed that you are still going, Bro.
>>
>>342852226
>therwise its a 5-10 minute walk while you learn a new attack each time, especially if you went to a boss of an area you are underleveled for and get one shoted :^)
Tell me what area in any of the souls game is it a 10 minute walk to a boss, holy shit you are retarded.
>>
>>342833235
>Nameless King goes super saiyan for the hypest boss set up you've ever seen
>Slap him about after he takes a tea break following his super-windup attack
>Dude drops to his knees like a beta cuck who just found out his wife broke up with their bull
>Smash him in the face with my willy for massive damage

Really ruins the bosses ability to be intimidating when this happens. At least with Dragonslayer Armor he gets pissed off about it and performs a super attack before getting back up.
>>
>>342852226
>Putting words in my mouth
>I can't admit being wrong so lets lie instead
>>
>>342846372
>Adaptability sucks.

No it doesn't.

t.someone who played the whole game with the basic knight ADP while having his SM locked with agape ring and going around with only 48SL. >>342830034
>>
>>342827986
I just gave up with the ganksquad boss and ran around casting Dark Mist while they chased after me.
>>
>>342852719
>cuck memes
xD us redditors amirite?
>>
>>342851272
Every other area is not very hard after Iron Keep.

Except Shrine of Amana. Regardless its easily the prettiest and comfiest looking area of DS2 sans Majula.
>>
File: Faraam_Set_Concept.jpg (78 KB, 426x750) Image search: [Google]
Faraam_Set_Concept.jpg
78 KB, 426x750
>>342850012
I think the problem was that they were running it on a PS3. A next-gen console would have been fine.

Anyway, I think both Alva and Faraam sets work well for the "wandering knight" look. I like the latter's aesthetic more though, with the fur and boots.
>>
Does anyone actually go into a DS3 boss on subsequent playthroughs and actually feel unsure about their chances? The bosses are all simply too fair.

I actually like Smelter Demon in Ds2 because of all his random delays and random combo picks, puts an emphasis on the players decision making skills rather than just raw twitch reflexes
>>
>>342853648
Remember liking Dark Souls 2 means you're a redditor cuck, you're not a redditor cuck are you?
>>
>>342853648
This goes for all DS2 bosses.You don't need good reflexes in you have planned you combat/build strategy and react adequately.
>>
>>342824521
But they just improved it in 3 with twin weapons...
>>
What outfits do you want in the DLC for DS3?

>Desert Sorceress for muh dik
>Trailer manakin armor as an apology
>Falconer armor as an alternative to Lothric Knight set
>Dragon Acolyte for spooking
>Jester and Butterfly for meme-shit
>Smelter set because why the fuck not
>>
>>342853894
>Remember liking Dark Souls 2 means you're a redditor cuck, you're not a redditor cuck are you?
t.cuc from ribbit
Fuck off and back to ribbit.
DS2 had the best meme threads and the best fashion threads of all souls games.We are still talking about Dark Souls 2 on /v/, Dark Souls 3 is already dead.
>>
>>342852739
Yes it sucks. It's a disgrace.
Wasting so many damn levels, and so much in-game time, just to get back to the basics, is awful.

It's such bad design that it's much more pleasant to just ignore it altogether and just suck up the consequences.
>>
>>342854193
Yeah more DaS 2 armor sets would be nice. There are way too many DaS 1 sets already. I'd really like it if they brought Raime's set back.
>>
So DS2 DLC added; Dark Queen, Ganksquad, Dragon, Smelter rehash, dude in armor, dude in armor, dude in armor, big cat and big cats

What can we expect from DS3?

Dude in armor memes aside if they can match the quality of Fume Knight/Burnt Ivory King it'll be worth it.
>>
>>342854193
How about brand new shit instead of even more armor rehashing.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.