[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Divinity: OS: EE pros/cons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: image.png (210 KB, 280x375) Image search: [Google]
image.png
210 KB, 280x375
>Pros
+Pretty to look at
+lots of loot

>cons
+Boring repetitive combat
+Quests are hard to do because it doesn't tell you how/where to complete them
+leveling takes too long
+Slow moving characters
+Repetetive looking armor
+No such thing as party share skills. So if I'm controlling my character who has a 10% speed boost and accidentally start an argument with someone, it doesn't use my main characters speech skills or let me switch, can't talk to animals either I MUST switch to the party member who has it
+Lots of inventory management
+Unrewarding quests
+literally every fucking item you pick up has 3 different descriptions.
>"Useless"
>"Useless. Sell it"
>or no description
>>
>>342819347
quality game
>>
This game ruined my friendship. I let my friend have the identify skill and thought it was curious nothing good ever came out. Later when I hosted the game I realised he'd just taken all the good items for himself and given me his old gear

Now we're not friends
>>
>>342820759
That's another thing this game is inconsistent with.
You can identify any gear if one of your party members can identify.
You can use items on objects if any member has the correct item.
But you can't talk to fucking people or animals unless you are specifically using your speech main character.
>>
>>342819347
half of your cons sound like pros to me so go fuck yourself
>>
>>342819347
>one of the heroes walks on lava
>turns into dust
>revive him with scroll
>gets revived but still stands on lava
>turns to dust again
>repeat untill no scrolls left

And also the boss that BTFO me in a single turn, pretty good game.
>>
>game just started
>go to the beach
>get raped by works
It's an awesome ideia to make the player fight 10 characters that are 10x stronger than the player at the same time.
>>
>>342822929
Teleport, Featherfall, Fire Immunity, Tornado?

You can also pick the spot where you want to revive him.
>>
>>342823118
It's literally impossible to lose the fights on the beach even on highest difficult. Holy fuck, please upload a gameplay video so that I can laugh about you.
>>
>+Boring repetitive combat
What is wrong with y..oh wait the whole thread is bait
>>
>>342823291
Are you fucking stupid nigga?
All the mobs have higher damage than you and higher health. You only win if you let the npcs do 75% of the work.
>>
>>342823118
You could have always tried the other entrances too.

The real problem is/was
>game starts, small tutorial fighter/dungeon
>get into city
>explore, loot and sell everything that isn't nailed down for 2 hours
>finally leave the town, get into first proper combat
>don't like my party composition at all or have 2 of the same class accidentally
>time to restart
>>
>>342819347
Add to that your characters look like shit. The customization at the beginning is laughable.
>>
>>342822929
The revive scrolls let you teleport them a short distance though.
>>
>>342823405
How fucking bad are you? The only NPC that ever even bothered attacking me instead of the soldiers was the Shaman, and he drops really quickly.

Fuck, I though you at least meant the higher level beach on the other side of the town, not what's essentially just the tutorial area.
>>
File: tfw no tebuchet gf.jpg (142 KB, 944x594) Image search: [Google]
tfw no tebuchet gf.jpg
142 KB, 944x594
>>342819347
Best combat of any cRPG. Or any RPG at that.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>342819347
>+No such thing as party share skills. So if I'm controlling my character who has a 10% speed boost and accidentally start an argument with someone, it doesn't use my main characters speech skills or let me switch, can't talk to animals either I MUST switch to the party member who has it

This is by design, so in multiplayer you can have the two players doing their own thing.
You can talk to 2 NPCs at the same time, with your two characters.
>>
>>342824958
>Prove me wrong.
Original Sin 2 exists.

I really want to visit a trebuchet party desu.
>>
>>342824958
k

>rain + electricity

Its slightly better now post patch, but still not entirely fixed. And the combat AI is absolutely fucking retarded.
>>
>>342819347

This is what an ultra-casual looks like /v/.

Also get some friends.
>>
>>342825058
Though the rest of what the guy said, he does have a point here. It makes sense in multiplayer, but it's pretty dumb in singleplayer, it doesn't add anything to the game to have to restrict what abilities you use or to have to click over to someone else instead of it just automatically swapping over when you use skills like the animal talking one. Not a huge deal, but would be nice if they put it in.
>>
>>342825074
>Original Sin 2 exists.

Not yet.
>>
You remind me of that guy that, when the game was first released, complained like a little bitch over the most trivial things on the steam forums. He died in the fucking tutorial dungeon over and over again.
We all had a good laugh over it.
>>
>>342825279
But it does. Not available to us yet, of course, but Swen is playing it RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>342825279
do they have a date yet?
>>
File: EoCApp 2015-12-13 20-44-10-34.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
EoCApp 2015-12-13 20-44-10-34.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>342819347
I enjoyed it
>>
>>342825208
Okay, what if in singleplayer I have my first character talk to the guard to distract them, and sneak with the second character behind that guard to steal something.
It would be annoying to do if characters automatically switched so that the most socially adept always does the talking.
Also since characters can be far from each other, how would such a switch work, teleportation? This breaks a lot of similar tactics. And if its not teleportation, but waiting for them to walk, its annoying because its slow.
And if the skill is just flat out shared among all, its bad for immersion, since you have the low charisma low social skill character be silver tongued in dialogues while the actual diplomat is sitting behind some barrels next door.

I feel that the way they did it is the best possible way, Alternative solutions either cause more issues, or make the game more narrow, removing gameplay options.
>>
>>342819347
EE has quest markers and everything bro. The orignal version has none.
>>
>>342825413
That fight was one of the worst fights in the game

Just saying
>>
File: 09237-cover-plasticbag.jpg (80 KB, 512x700) Image search: [Google]
09237-cover-plasticbag.jpg
80 KB, 512x700
>>342825413
>mitcher
>>
>>342825413
>that interface size

Early beta or console version?
>>
I just can't get into it, the combat was a chore and it would take forever to walk through the maps
Like I would trigger environmental hazards while being clearly outside of them.
>>
>>342819347
shitTaste/10
>>
>ability to summon skeletons
>cant be a necromancer and summon an army of them
Irredeemable 0/10 until this fatal flaw is fixed
>>
File: gelee2.jpg (287 KB, 643x764) Image search: [Google]
gelee2.jpg
287 KB, 643x764
Oh man, I remember when DivOS first came out and there were hundreds of underage babies like OP getting their shit pushed in because they're used to modern hold your hand so you can never lose games.

Good times.
>>
File: elves in charge of art.png (395 KB, 806x353) Image search: [Google]
elves in charge of art.png
395 KB, 806x353
How did you resolve the party companions personal quests?
>>
>>342825580
His resolution you dumbass.
>>
>Character customisation options don't match the portraits

Makes my autism flare up.
>>
>>342825605
Summons are so fucking disgustingly powerful early on, no joke. Its not quite like having an extra companion in the fight, but they soak damage, soak spells, and can separate enemies a bit so you can move freely, or group them for grenades and AoE spells.

For anyone who is having trouble in fights, buy some summon scrolls, and learn some summon spells.
>>
>>342823118
>>342823405
you lost the fucking tutorial...
>>
>>342825648
You dont. Pick companions from your pocket plane, so they can get better stats.
>>
>>342825648
I never used any of them. ;_;
>>
>>342825425
I'm not saying it should be all social skills, don't get me wrong, just a couple that don't really have much purpose to be kept separate. The animal talker one should just be shared amongst your party. Same with ones that impact your speed, there's no reason to keep that only on one person, because then you have to wait for your party to catch up. There's no strategies that need one of you to be fast and one to be slow.

>Also since characters can be far from each other, how would such a switch work, teleportation?

Prisms? You get them a couple hours into the game. I'm not even arguing you should always just magically swap, simply that if there's a skill check required, it's dumb to for some reason leave three members of the party locked out of the conversation when they're within range.
>>
File: everything i say is right.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
everything i say is right.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
>>342825759
Isnt the tutorial technically just that one cave that you can walk past?
I believe he lost the first actual non-tutorial fight.
>>
>>342825741
I have yet to use a summon in the EE on tactican with the addition of grenades they added. Everything is stunlocked.
>>
>>342825819
IIRC tutorial is until you reach the town
>>
>>342825859
You must be very skilled, grenades were more often duds for me.
I've never, ever had the charm grenade work. Not once .
>>
>>342824958
I'd agree, though some of the immunities were fucking annoying. That snow king faggot stands out to me in particular, he's immune to pretty much all elemental damage, which can leave half your party just sitting around until he summons some shit, or being stuck on healing duty.
>>
>>342825698
What customization? The only options are angry face #1, #2 or #3 and black hair or red hair.
>>
File: DOS_2014-07-09_16-29-02.jpg (335 KB, 1596x1180) Image search: [Google]
DOS_2014-07-09_16-29-02.jpg
335 KB, 1596x1180
>>342825482
yeah it was weak, this fight was the hardest I guess.
>>
>>342825982
If I recall correctly, that fight revolved around you breaking his sentinels.
The electricity sentinel removed elecricity immunity from them, frost removed freeze immunity, etc.
They were stationed around the circle where you were fighting him.
>>
>>342826167
Well shit, I never even knew that, I just used physical damage against him. Never even saw the sentinels.
>>
>>342826268
You must've played on the lower difficulties, can't ignore this on hard.
How did you handle the demon fight, where you need to kill his caged slaves, else they boost his resistances and heal him?

Its very similar to this one, and I think you fight it just before this one, if you handle the zone the way I did.
>>
>>342823118
Have you played the original Divine Divinity? There are pockets of "100% assrape" enemies all over the place. Just mark them on your map and come back later when you're stronger.
>>
>>342824820
the shaman and 3 archers came straight to me, faggot. 2 hits were enough to kill each character.
>>
>>342819347
The only valid points in your cons are the slow character speed, which is annoying at best, the repetitive looking armor, which who cares, you can barely see your characters anyways, and the inventory management - which is a legitimate hassle. The game is still a solid 8.5/10. I enjoyed it very much - enough for a replay, which means its quality in my books.
>>
>>342826420
2 archers*
>>
>>342819347
Go fuck yourself you fucking imbecile.

You wouldn't know a good game if it fucked you in the ass.
>>
>>342826368
You cant skip this fight, as you have to go that way for reach the first town.
>>
>>342826112
I don't even remember that fight - where was that? Hardest fights where Braccus Rex and Ghoul that guards the lighthouse - when you were first learning the game. The ghoul is a huge jump in difficulty and almost made me quit till I figured out how to play the game properly, and Braccus is just a complete shit show unless you use some serious cheese strats.
>>
>>342826330
Just played classic mode, never start a game on hard until I have some idea what the baseline's supposed to be.

>How did you handle the demon fight, where you need to kill his caged slaves, else they boost his resistances and heal him?

Which demon fight was that? Only fight against demons I recall in that area was the ones summoned by the conduit when you get to the forge.

>>342826420
As far as I recall, there's three orc warriors, a shaman and one human archer in that fight, what are you talking about?

Warriors generally focus on the soldiers, the archer won't usually move past that main fight, and the shaman is easily taken out. I'm not sure how it's even possible to lose that fight.
>>
File: DOS.jpg (497 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DOS.jpg
497 KB, 1920x1080
>>342819347
My only con with this game..is that the bags and everything is right out of Ultima/Ultima online, but not grid less!
>>
>>342826420
>>342826706
Pretty sure you can just move back and let the NPCs win the fight without doing any damage yourself.
Its a fight that wins itself, and you just have to be there to witness it.
>>
>>342826646
>Ghoul
Fun times. Some anon introduced everyone to the "stack 20 barrels of oil next to the boss" tactics back when it was released.
>>
>>342826420
I never had problems with this fight the 10 times I've played through the game with friends.

Even the first time I played by myself holy shit wtf are you doing?

Just fucking set them on fire and watch them die as they walk towards you, or use your brain holy christ its a TUTORIAL fight. I feel bad for any other fight you'll have to do later in the game if you died to this one.
>>
>>342826706
As i said 3 characters came to me, maybe it was an AI error. And they could kill both character with 2 hits each.
One of them wasn't an archer, an human teleports behind the character, the other attacked with arrows and the shaman used magic.
>>342826808
That was not possible when i played, the fight would always start with a character teleportating behind me.
I manage to kill the three mobs, but i did it in a very cheap way, i was playing on the highest difficulty btw.
>>
>>342826996
That was the best part about being a barrel knight class! I dont know if they removed the damage part of throwing crates at mobs later.
>>
>>342826646
you just sit outside the door for braccus and then wipe the floor with them as they walk out one bye one

this was in that tomb past the orcs with that shit floor puzzle of hot/cold, these big guardians get pissed if you kill the little guardian
>>
>>342827080
I think they just nerfed it a lot.

>people are complaining about the combat in this game
Blows my mind, man. There's so much creative shit you can do.
>>
>>342819347
>boring repetitive combat
Only if you're an ADD-riddled underage who gets bored when they have to sit down and think for five seconds. It's some of the best SRPG combat ever.
>>
>>342827038
>That was not possible when i played, the fight would always start with a character teleportating behind me.

Objectively false and a lie.
I've played the early backers beta, the release version, and the enhanced edition.
I've never seen any such thing happen, and I've replayed that part a lot due to restarts if I dislike my starting character for some reason.
>>
>>342827256
Yeah, i had fun on release. Self-harming rogues, teleport warriors and throwing anvils and trash items at mobs for crushing damage.
>>
>>342827038
I don't recall anyone in that fight being able to teleport. And as >>342826808 said, you can pretty much just stay out of the fight and the NPC's will win.

I don't think it's even possible to create a build so bad you die in two hits at the first actual fight in the game, or that you somehow decided that just standing there and letting people kill you was smart.

Also, as I said, there is only one archer in that fight, who is the human. It's not possible that another character shot you with arrows.
>>
File: get_a_load_of_this_nigger.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
get_a_load_of_this_nigger.gif
2 MB, 200x150
I love how DivOs functions as a litmus test to spot the mentally retarded.
>>
>>342826646
>Braccus Rex
>lighthouse ghoul

>not fucking Boreas
This piece of shit got me to uninstall the game once. Literally took me months to gather the courage to try again.
>>
>>342827380
Boreas was fucking easy though.
>tfw having 100%+ resistance to every element before they nerfed it
>>
>>342827380
How the fuck are you people having problems with him? I've crushed him every single time I've fought him with vastly different party compositions.
>>
>>342827364
Like that guy who never go make it past the tutorial cave, or people on steam forums crying about quest markers.
>>
I'll be fucking damned, if even this game has boring combat then I don't know what the fuck you people consider good combat.
>>
>>342827292
>>342827340

That's not a lie, bro. It really happened.
Maybe my game was broken, i dunno. One NPC always teleported behind me in that fight, he was using a curved sword.
And i had corrected my statement, it was an archer and a guy that could teleport.
>>
>>342827364
Nah. You can apply that on every fucking RPG.
>>
File: 1-SI_23_01.png (27 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1-SI_23_01.png
27 KB, 640x400
>>342826728
>is that the bags and everything is right out of Ultima

I have no idea why they didn't include a grid frame for inventory in U7. Like, holy fuck, imagine finding in this mess.
>>
File: slack jawed faggots.jpg (18 KB, 404x321) Image search: [Google]
slack jawed faggots.jpg
18 KB, 404x321
>mfw i see people with four character parties
Two Lone Wolves or get out
>>
>>342827218
Oh shit, the tomb past the orcs - I literally never got in there cause I never figured out how. That would be why I dont remember it.
>>
>>342827464
Steam forums were a fucking riot after release. How used to hand holding to you have to be in order to get so lost?
>>
>>342827492
>maybe my game was broken and it spawned 3 orc archers where there arent any

Thats not how written code works.
You are lying. Stop lying. You gain nothing from it, nor does anyone believe you.
>>
Everyone who uses the Blind /Blindcloud spells needs to be hanged.
>>
>>342827558
I would, and I did before EE, but apparently Lone Wolf got nerfed hard, so I went 4 people. It's obviously stronger, but I still miss when it was just the two of us...
>>
>>342827436
The statues are relatively easy to miss, unless you mouse over them it would make sense to just assume the staff gives him stupid resistances seeing as it contains all of the other elemental kings.

>>342827492
Sure it did, but as I said, no-one can teleport in that fight. There's three orc warriors, a shaman and a human archer. The humans on your side should easily handle all of them, or tank it at least.

I doubt your game broke to give enemies abilities they shouldn't have, that's not really how it works.
>>
>>342827558
Lone Wolf isn't that great in EE.
>>
>>342827558
>missing out on story
>>
>>342827632
I'm going to record it and show to you so you can shut up
>>
File: Inventory.jpg (97 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
Inventory.jpg
97 KB, 640x512
>>342827510
It is beautiful! Lots of shit in all the bags, so even the PKer had to sit for 20mins trying to steal your shit.
>>
I'm not a massive fan of OS's sandbox combat. I'm a simple person who enjoys the simple pleasure of hitting enemies with my sword.
Using Teleport to drop an enemy in an oil spill and then using a fireball spell to ignite it in a fiery explosion sounds fun but it doesn't do it for me.

OS's sense of humour is a bit off putting too.
>>
>>342827583
People will get lost as fuck when they arent told what to do or go. Bashing in Eve door in Cyseal if you dont wanna look for the key.

Even kicking down the last door in the game if you dont have all the stones.
>>
>>342827685
Please do.
>>
I agree on one thing only, and it's that quests sometimes lack a bit of guidance. I remember that the investigation quest took me like 4 hours to complete even though I already had all the evidence I could possibly gather.

Also the combat can get difficult as fuck, like that sourcerer on the beach that summons the sand monsters and turns invisible. That fight was pure cancer, because even if you manage to kill all his summons he just resummons them again. Took me a good 10 tries to kill him or even more.
>>
File: 1461292826489.jpg (63 KB, 553x585) Image search: [Google]
1461292826489.jpg
63 KB, 553x585
>>342819347
>>
>>342819347
>Quests are hard to do because it doesn't tell you how/where to complete them
I thought you were a stupid faggot, but after reading this line I now know this is bait.
>>
>>342827628
Lone Wolf didn't get nerfed per se, but you can no longer have both Lone Wolf and Glass Cannon which was outrageously strong. LW playthrough is still a viable option in EE

>>342827670
The companions are pretty boring and their quests just a little tack-on to already existing features/places. To me just the two main characters feels more in-line with the story.
>>
holy shit I've been wanting to discuss this game for a while

rogues fucking SUCK in this game

there's so much shit on the ground everywhere at the same time that it's simply just not worth positioning for a backstab leaving you wide open for a gangrape when a ranger can do more damage to multiple targets from a safe distance
>>
>>342828067
A pure backstabber is pretty garbage, but a mage/rogue hybrid works really well. Toss some support or offence at the beginning, then go to town at their backs. I never had a problem with stuff on the ground, but that's what the Avatar spells and Winged Feet are for.
>>
>>342827505
The norm for RPGs in 2016 is to hold your hand like a utter baby. Like Witcher 3.
>>
>>342828210
Fighter-rogue is good, since rogue adds much needed mobility.
You can't really make reliable use of the dexterity skills though, but those aren't necessary for a heavy bruiser.
>>
>>342828067
Rogues become incredibly bullshit in midgame because of the insane amount of accurate burst damage they can put out while rangers' damage falls off a cliff.
>>
>>342828067
Rogues used to be fucking OP with LW/GC and those insane backstab buffcrits. They all got nerfed tho.
>>
Am I the only one that gets triggered by healing being a water spell. Why didn't they make it it's own element or just used light? I don't see how water is supposed to heal me at all, even fire makes more sense.
>>
>>342828261
Thank God that W3 is not an actual RPG but ARPG ya dingus.
>>
>>342828371
Really? The human body is more water than not.
>>
>>342828371

water is the source of all life bro
>>
>>342828407
ARPG is still an RPG you fucking dingus.
Next you are going to tell me JRPG aren't RPGs as well.
>>
>>342827583
>steam forums

I can't find the screenshot, or maybe I didn't take it, but there was a guy complaining that the game features a talking cat.
He got to the in, complained its too hard, and then a talking cat greets him, like its a children's game for little kiddies.
He wrote a lengthy post saying you either go hard and mature, with dark themes like torture and sex, or you go bright and colorful and easy, like a Nintendo game.
A tough fight and a talking cat shouldn't coexist, he wrote, and it was really formally written and explained, like a final term philosophy paper at university, pretty lengthy too.
Also it had a snarky first post roasting him, but I can't remember what it was. Damn, losing my 4chan archive several months ago hurts me at least a few times per week.
>>
>>342819347
>lots of useless garbage in a game with shit inventory management
>pro
>>
We started playing with my brother, did a few stuff around the town, but now everywhere we go we just get annihilated.

Is that normal ?

Can I get a few tips to not completely fuck the team creation ?
>>
>>342828469
Alright this is interesting. Define what is RPG to you then.
>>
>>342828561
Go out the northwest gate and not the one that leads to the beaches.

Crowd control is the most important thing in the game.
>>
File: DivOS.jpg (2 MB, 3466x2255) Image search: [Google]
DivOS.jpg
2 MB, 3466x2255
>>342828470
I have this instead
>>
>>342828561
Do the town quests first. Then go out the western gate (towards the zombies) not the beach / north.
Use the terrain to your advantage.
>>
>>342828561
You need to stay in the town for a while, you're not meant to just see the vendors do a few bits and pieces and then go outside. I mean, you can do it, but the guards say it's dangerous until you're a high enough level.
>>
>>342828407
>W3
>ARPG
What. I thought ARPGs were always shit like Diablo.
>>
>>342828434
Yes but if you have a gaping wound and add water, the only thing that's probably going to happen is increase the chance of infection.
>>
>>342828614
I am here to talk about DOS, not discuss the definition of an RPG with an autist over the internet and spend the next 100 going NO YOU and then dragging in examples like is DS3 a JRP. Fine, if W3 is an ARPG and not an RPG to you, so be it.
>>
>>342828654

> Crowd control is the most important thing in the game.

No, having more cannon fodder is. Summons make every fight a cakewalk and if you have a Witchcraft with Drain Willpower and Charm that's one enemy on your side forever.
>>
>>342828654
>>342828692
>>342828709
That's pretty much what we did though, we even managed to clear the lighthouse.

But from there it was assrape central no matter where we went.
>>
>>342828614
Not that guy, but I'll drop my definition.
In video games, there are challenges to overcome. Skill checks.
The most common such skill checks are fights, but there are also others like crafting, lock picking, conversation and so on.

If most of these skill checks are handled by your character's ability, its an RPG.
If most of those skill checks are handled by your ability as a player, its an action game.

So if you roll dice, take character's attack and hit ratings, take equipped weapon's damage, and calculate what happens, its an RPG.
If you take the player's aim, the player's built up combo meters and so on, its an action game.
Another way to tell is if dodging/avoiding damage is done manually, or if its a percentage.

tl;dr if the game tests your character, its and PRG, if it tests the player's skill, its action.
>>
>>342828723
it's magic, ain't gotta explain shit, etc
>>
File: 1455324650247.png (17 KB, 149x220) Image search: [Google]
1455324650247.png
17 KB, 149x220
>Get to the point in the game where there's a message in fairy language to open a chest
>Remember that the Orc woman that the mayor looks after had a translation book
>Go back to get it
>It's not there anymore
>>
>>342828801
You should easily be able to go north, how far in the investigation are you?
>>
Precisely why they should have made it it's own element
>>
is the desert sandstorm part with the permanent slow debuff and spider groups the most frustrating part of the game?

jesus christ these fights suck
>>
File: animu pepe.png (1 MB, 1081x945) Image search: [Google]
animu pepe.png
1 MB, 1081x945
>>342829004
>not having enough willpower to resist the slow
>>
>>342828965
Don't really remember, that was a while ago.

Pretty sure we needed to go into the hideout of some chick which was on the beach.
>>
is food useless in this game?

reading up a +20hp item at level 14 when you have like 800 seems like a waste of a turn and most give you negative debuffs like -speed
>>
>>342828614
>Define what is RPG to you then.

You had to do it, did you? You had to summon the fucking Codex.
>>
>>342827380
The part I ragequit on was that quest in the desert where the imp shows up and tells you about the "oh god chaos demons of rape everywhere and it's fucking up your shelter bit"

Not because the quest was hard, but because I perma fucked up my game thanks to it. As you need the blood stones to unlock rooms in your home base, and you need to unlock all the rooms to actually finish the game. Well I didnt do that quest for a while, and in that time, I activated a few blood stones. Blood stones that didnt open any rooms because that quest stops you from opening any more rooms while it's active, so haha you just screwed your entire playthrough.
>>
>>342819347
I agree moot.
>>
>>342829136
And had you been there? That's not much higher level than the area full of undead, the north west should be your next goal, then the beach on the south west, then north east. That's how I did it at least.
>>
File: It's just your imagination.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
It's just your imagination.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>342827492
>>342827632
Call me liar again.
>>
>>342827592
see
>>342829251
>>
>>342819347
>Boring repetitive combat
>Quests are hard to do because it doesn't tell you how/where to complete them
>leveling takes too long
>Slow moving characters
>Lots of inventory management
This is bait
>>
>>342829004
There was a talent/perk/however it was called to resist weather effects.
I think it worked for frost giving you Cold status and for the sandstorm slow.
>>
I'm at the part with the invulnerable death knights in the mines. I read this up and apparently I'm supposed to use some bitch's blood with her spell to be able to kill them but I haven't seen this yet. I think I read the spell is located in the mines with the deathknights themselves. What am I supposed to do with these fuckers patrolling around?

also fuck rogues and sneaking
>>
>>342829251
Well, I've got no idea why there's that second human there, every single other source lists there as being three orc warriors, a human archer, a shaman and some legionnaires.

Here's a wiki source.

>http://divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Orc+Fight+on+the+Beach
>>
>Turn every fight into an absolute fucking clown fiesta because I'm carrying minimum five barrels, crates, and anything else I can toss down to block, barricade and set-up on enemies.

I straight up exploited the pre-boss talk with Braccus Rex to throw every candle in the room in a corner that prevented the lighthouse guard from doing anything but sit there and explode because his gasses kept igniting because of the candles

Did you even have a spellcaster in your party?
>>
>>342829352
You sneak past them.
>>
>>342829251
Thats not the fight we are talking about, and it never was.
Either its a different fight I cant recall, or a custom map.
>>
>>342828717
ARPG is shallow hack & slash, where as CRPG is character and story based roleplaying. I would say Witcher 3 has both of those. If it wasn't for the quality of the writing and some actual choices, W3 would be purely an ARPG.
>>
>>342829251
Actually, now that I think of it, why did all of the enemies all turn to target you? They're caught up with the legionnaires to start off, are you running mods?
>>
>>342829231
we kept getting ambushed by groups of a fuckload of undead.

Our team was fucking garbage.

If we get back to it we'll probably start over.
>>
>>342829352
You can sneak even without stealth. Invisibility spells and potions help, or just moving while they are fat away.
>>
the music in this game is amazing

that end of time theme gives me chills, you know the one
>>
>>342829478
Only portraits
>>
>>342829521
>tfw the composer is dead
At least the faggot who keeps calling D:OS' music circus music isn't here.
>>
>>342829352
>reading up on stuff in advance
You can't kill them in quite a while. In the mines you have to avoid them.

Sneak past them, or use invisibility.
>>
>>342829535
Were you on the harder difficulty mode? I know combats were adjusted from base game to enhanced edition.

Also, on the harder difficulty your character doesn't get XP when they're dead which brings my fucking piss to a boil because I always played the big buff melee man and lord knows early game blows dicks for them
>>
>>342829438
>>342829516
>>342829575

fuck you I have no one with +sneak

I guess I could craft some invisibility potions since I have like 200k of each herb on my pack mule and 5 crafting/blacksmithing
>>
>>342829478
Normally there is a fight going on when you get there, you can see in his webm there is no fight, the orcs are waiting.
Its a different fight, or a custom map or something. This isnt how the game normally works.
>>
>>342822929
You can chose where the fuck do you want to repawn your pal, faggot
>>
File: Oooh_Thats_A_Bingo.png (620 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
Oooh_Thats_A_Bingo.png
620 KB, 533x800
>>342829660
>I guess I could craft some invisibility potions
>>
>>342829494
Team composition isn't super massively important, as long as it's decently balanced most are viable, you probably just wandered into the wrong place.

>>342829535
Well I don't know what to tell you then mate, because that's absolutely not how that fight goes.
>>
>>342829660
For the record, you can sneak past them even without +sneak. They have small vision cones, and have set patrol routes. But invisibility and just running past them is a good option.
>>
Anyone else think the pirate cove Source Abomination is a little too strong for he level you encounter it at?

fucker has like 1.5k hp when you're at like level 7 or something

I had to cheese the fuck out of that fight by teleporting it into a poison trap and stunning it there forever since it would instantly kill anyone it would approach
>>
>>342829901
I kept stacking Curse, Weak, Crippled and Slow on him and it was laughable.
>>
>>342829664
Yeah, it seems off to me. I don't get what possible reason there is for someone to go to that much effort to prove a blatant lie.
>>
What can I do with Tenebrium Ore?

I have 5 crafting and BS and like 20 of ores. I don't have any good weapons, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 645x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 645x490
>tfw I made my partner a rogue build
>tfw I maxed lock picking when every door requires a key and can't be picked or smashed because they have 100000000000 HP so now she's a weak rogue with no combat skills
>tfw my tank can only walk 3 feet each turn and does next to no damage because I wanted a tank character so lots of hp but no damage output
>the when I'm 10 hours in but don't wanna restart

What do? I'm slogging through the game and considering a restart because combat sucks for me but don't want to go through everything againl
>>
>>342830964
Take lone wolf.

On both of them.

Alternatively you can unlock the big demon guy in the rift who respecs you
>>
>>342831104
How can i take lone wolf on both? The other will disappear?
>>
>>342831143
You have 2 main characters, and up to 2 followers, 1 per main character. So if one main char is a lone wolf you can have 1 follower for a 3 man party, etc etc
>>
>>342831143
Lone wolf only disables your ability to have a third (or fourth if you double lone-wolf) party member.

So you can have single lone wolf / 2nd party member+Cohort or just double-wolf party.
>>
>>342820953
>But you can't talk to fucking people or animals unless you are specifically using your speech main character.
That's good and logical.
>>
>>342825413
>1600x1200
>>
>>342830129
Sure i made a fucking mode in 156 minutes just to prove you wrong, you narcissistic cunt.
>>
>>342832276
>mode in 156
mod in 15*
>>342829664
They come with their boat when i arrive there.
>>
>>342832276
Mods that increase difficulty already exist. That encounter is the same on every difficulty, too, and there are no legionnaires already there in your vid, the orcs are just waiting for you. It's clearly not vanilla.
>>
>>342832954
The orcs are not waiting for me at all, they arrive there in a boat. The legionaries are already in the other side of the map, you just can't see them. My game is completely vanilla, except for custom portraits.
Seriously, how hard is to believe my save is somehow broken? why do i have to be lying to you?
This is just ridiculous.
>>
>>342833192
The orcs don't just go straight for you though, they're caught up with the legionaries by the first turn.

Because a broken save won't cause an NPC that isn't scripted to be there, or even exist anywhere in the region to somehow appear? Why are you so obsessed with proving a blatant lie?
>>
>>342821032
Seriously, I've been thinking about getting it and some of the "cons" are helping
>>
>>342833347
You're fucking sick in the head, dude.
Why do you want to be right about this so much?
You're wrong and i gave you fucking video evidence, but you're in so much need to be right that you cannot assume that the game could fail. How do you there's isn't some broken code in there with a small chance of triggering when you create a save?

I'm out of here, go seek help, because you obviously need it.
>>
gonna start a new playthrough, what class combo should i go for lads?
>>
>>342819347
Here's a better pros / cons list:

>Pros
+Nice graphics
+Challenging combat that makes you get creative
+Elemental obstacles makes exploring creative and memorable
+Quests that you have to figure out yourself
+Dual dialog with friends is awesome
+Personality system is good and that with friends / dialog really makes it a true roleplaying experience
+VA is good overall

>Cons
-Not many unique looking armors in the game
-Story has its ups and downs
-Mages seemed obviously overpowered to me (although this could be said about most games)

I loved this game and am really looking forward to the sequel. If they just add more armors in general, and it's more of the same otherwise, it will be possible GOTY for me.
>>
File: dis gun b gud.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dis gun b gud.gif
3 MB, 500x500
>>342833778
>You're fucking sick in the head, dude.
>Why do you want to be right about this so much?

My thoughts about you exactly. I started the game and saw that I am right, and you aren't.
I have vanilla and EE, and its the same in both,

Did you really create a custom encounter to try to lie on the internet?
>>
>>342834356
Keep on trolling, sick fuck.
>>
This is obviously a shill thread and if you still haven't noticed you're fucking retarded.
>>
File: EoCApp 2015-11-27 16-50-49-30.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
EoCApp 2015-11-27 16-50-49-30.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
I felt really bad at this part. Did anyone else get empathy for the iron maiden?
>>
>>342834506
>shill thread
No, it's a thread about an immovable object meeting an unstoppable force. Or trolls trolling trolls.
>>
>>342834735
>an immovable object meeting an unstoppable force
My favorite description for these threads so far.
>>
>>342834735
>>342834887
T. Shill

You're going to lose your shekels if you don't step up your game, MR.Shill.
>>
>Dig in a spot
>Explode, game over
Holy shit what a shitty game. How about a fucking warning??
>>
Any recommendations on what classes to pick in the beggining? I've already started this game like 3 times and never even killed the boss in the church because I always feel like I'm doing something wrong.
Also, does this game play comfortably on a xbox 360 controller? My arm hurts from using the mouse.
>>
Honestly, I'm tired of being shilled. I'm going to sabotage this game from now on, even throught i actually like it.
>>
If your two characters were both females, then you're subconciously yearning to be one, you sick transgendered piece of filth
>>
>>342835063
It's worth shilling. We don't often get a game that actually tries to push roleplaying to the forefront in some way. Most "RPGs" nowadays are just focused on leveling up and loot.
>>
>>342835308
>subconsciously
Joke's on you, I'm perfectly aware of my aspirations.
>>
>>342835234
That boss is commonly considered to be really badly designed, it's not particularly fair. Even if we ignore that he can just wipe your party with his first move, chucking a bunch of other bosses in there for no reason to is just unbalanced.

You can either put someone really close to him (he'll hit them with his ax instead of calling the meteors most of the time) and block off some of the minibosses, exploit summons (ice elementals are great for this fight) or just wait for the bosses to come outside and kill them from outside the door.

A rain spell helps either way though.
>>
File: 1332635243104.gif (43 KB, 173x120) Image search: [Google]
1332635243104.gif
43 KB, 173x120
>>342834506
>kickstarted game out since a fucking year
>shill
do you even know what the word mean retarded faggot
>>
>>342835063
Do you think you're fighting the man like this?
>>
>>342835285
>I'm going to sabotage this game from now on, even throught i actually like it.
/v/ in a nutshell
>>
File: 1366506811199.gif (68 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
1366506811199.gif
68 KB, 500x293
>>342835285
>samefagging retard with hate boner for one of the greatest rpg as of late
why don't you move on
>>
Just bought it, downloading OSEE but Steam also queued up the Classic edition. Do I need the Classic Edition or can i cancel the download for it?
>>
>>342835454
Well, to be honest I did beat him but with trainers and instantly quit the game after that.
The problem is that on first play my party was 3 melee and 1 archer.
The second time it was 1 melee 2 mages and 1 archer. I made one of the heroes to be judging and I couldnt recruit basically anyone.
>>
>>342835580
>Implying the developers didn't ask for a certain amount just to pay for shills
>Implying you're not a shill
see
>>342835442
>Openly admits being a shill
>Doesn't even try to deny that he is getting paid

Example of a paid shill trying to protect his money:>>342835809
>>
>>342835963
Yeah, I used the same composition you did. I'd recommend you give the next area a go, it picks up in quality after that fight I think, I hated that part of the game too.
>>
>>342823291
>It's literally impossible to lose the fights on the beach even on highest difficult
No... Are you fucking retarded? The first fight is actually one of the hardest on tactician/honour because you have so few abilities
>>
>>342834439
>Keep on trolling, sick fuck.

Every single person who cares about what you say can install and boot the game, and within 15 minutes see you proven wrong.
And the people who don't care, well, not like you are actually lying to them, since they don't care to listen.

Basically you are yelling at the clouds here, lad.
>>
I loved everything about this game except for one huge issue.
The game is many hours long and I couldn't stand it's retarded cartoon plot.
The combat is very fun but I couldn't continue playing once I got to the area beyond the first town.
Also the companions were boring and added very little to the experience aside from more strength in combat
>>
>>342827926
>Doesn't want to play with a rogue who only speaks in actions
>>
>>342828614
Wargames with adventuring
>>
>>342836121
I would try that, but the save is lost, I would need to play through all of the game again.
Probably will play it anyway but when I get my hands on the gtx 1070

What classes should I pick for the first 2 heroes? When I first played i chose knight and clerick. Clericks build was most likely fucked because she was good at neither attack nor healing.
>>
>>342836627
I went with a wizard and inquisitor and had no issues, picked up madora and bairdotr as soon as I got to the town and was combat ready after that. The early areas are really easy, your party composition doesn't matter that much until you get outside the town in the first area, and there's a warrior rogue and mage all inside the walls, so you can balance it up pretty easily.

Yeah, Cleric always seemed pointless, any magic user can heal perfectly well.
>>
Game has excellent combat and interactivity with the world but it falls flat on it's face in terms of world building and plot imo
The fact that there character's and world aren't interesting makes it a slog to play through, those elements are too important for crpg
>>
The shills keep trying.
>>
>>342836953
They're absolutely not important. Unless you think Wizardry has good world building and characters.
>>
>>342836882
Thanks mate, I might actually get through that game now.

Is the guy below the well in the city worth picking up? Or should I just buy a hero?

I feel like I should balance melee and magic 2/2, might not be the best thing tho.
>>
By the way, is there a difference between Tactician and Honour mode other than the Ironman setting?
>>
>>342837365
>plot and character development aren't important in a plot driven game that's 50% reading dialogue
>>
>>342829901
It's extremely weak to being CCed to death.
>>
>>342837742
You didn't address his point.
>>
File: boss.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
boss.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>342819347
How fucking casual are you?
I've played it vanilla on release and it was great then. It only got fucking better with patches and Enhanced Edition.

Only valid con is repetitive looking armors really. I don't remember ever having issues with character speed
Everything else is ether a pro or just your shitty opinion.
>>
File: 1451263876423.jpg (200 KB, 960x618) Image search: [Google]
1451263876423.jpg
200 KB, 960x618
>>342819347
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>342837937
>see movement path through lava
>immediately panic even though I'm not playing the game
>>
>>342837901
Yes I did.
>>
File: f.jpg (3 KB, 122x125) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
3 KB, 122x125
Let's play spot the shill:
>>342838026
>>342837956
>>342837937
>>342837901
>>342837365
>>342836282

Well, that was easy.
>>
>>342833971
>mages seemed overpowered
Ya obviously didnt make a lone wolf twohanded man at arms type. They shit out so much damage it is completely ridiculous, while tanking everything enemies can throw at you.

All balance patches from release aimed to nerf that, but it is still the strongest thing out there.

2 lone wolf, a melee tank and a support mage to buff him is the best combo
>>
>>342838182
>y-you can't refute any retarded points someone makes up out of his ass that's shilling a 2 years old game
>>
>>342838392
T. Shill
>>
Why isn't "Turn-based" part of the cons?
>>
>>342838512
I like turn based. I gave up on some jrpgs because they dropped it.
>>
File: 4352365464.png (275 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
4352365464.png
275 KB, 500x625
>>342838428
grade A memes friend
>>
I'm kinda sad they fixed the blood weapon ability or whatever it was called.

>Wanted to make a super tank
>Stacked hp and resists
>Any time I hit something or something hit me it would heal me for 3-4x the damage inflicted
>Had all resists beyond max so every element healed me

Oh well, I kinda wanted to do an EE run but if I can't break it like that it kinda loses some of the fun.
>>
How's the "Scales" mod for EE?
>>
>>342838671
>I like turn based.

>>>/tg/
>>
>>342838392
They're:

1. Making market research for the next game

2.Trying to boost interest in a game with decaying sales

There are hundred of reasons for the shills to attack, and you better believe this thread is full of shill. One even admitted being a shill.
You can see that one even tried to call attention to the ideia of a new game.
>>
>>342838512
>>342838975
>ADD kiddies
>>
>>342838994
How did you still not kill yourself living with such delusions and paranoia?
>>
>>342819347

>>cons
>+Boring repetitive combat

Almost got me.
>>
>>342839225
Keep trying, MR. Shill.
>>
>>342838994
I'm honestly not sure anymore if you're serious
If you are then I can only repeat myself by calling you a fucking stupid faggot
>>
>>342839414
>If you are then I can only repeat myself by calling you a fucking stupid faggot
Well, you never said that, so who is the stupid one now?
>>
File: 1446531876907.jpg (43 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1446531876907.jpg
43 KB, 600x400
>>342838512
>t 12 years old consolekiddie
>>
>Warriors get one skill tree
>Rogues get one
>Archers get one
>Mages get FIVE
Fuck magic

They could at least split the warrior trees into two for offense and defense
>>
>The puzzle before the Source Temple
>Don't know how to do it due to no guides rule
>have 3 characters with teleport
>do some bullshit with teleport+pyramids
>somehow fuck it up so much that I solve it

Teleport is fucking magical for the dumb shit you can get into.
>>
>>342839225
>>342839540
Also, i literally worked for a company that does that before.
They pay you to market, i did this for politicians in my country for some extra money.
>>
>>342819347
I really wish EE didn't have the original shoved along with it. I don't need 2 instances of the game in my Steam games list.
>>
>>342839650
Mages have a lot less to spend their skill points on. That's not a surprise.
>>
>>342838994
Or maybe people want to talk about a fucking video game on a video game board.
>>
>>342839801
>politician
>a fucking video game

You are delusional and on top of that you're projecting.
>>
>>342838030
No, you didn't. D:OS' dialogue can be fast forwarded through with very few repercussions.
>>
File: skills.jpg (77 KB, 859x821) Image search: [Google]
skills.jpg
77 KB, 859x821
>>342839820
I just want some variety. Hell, we only had 2 master skills to choose from and they were both pretty trash.
>>
>>342839635
Turnbased gameplay started on consoles though, underage
>>
>>342840124
Flurry is one of the best skills in the game. The fuck are you on?
>>
>>342840002
They actually do it for video games as well, even shitty ios/androids games.
You can believe that i'm projecting, or you can open you eyes shill.
>>
>>342840124
Shackles of Pain would be awesome if they simply made it pre-resist damage being reflected.
>>
>>342840124
>Flurry
>Trash

What? Madora fucking REKT with that.

Speaking of, why the fuck did they make Madora a cow girl in EE?
>>
When does OS2 come out anyway?
>>
>>342840249
December if there aren't any delays
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.