[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wasn't I born with the ability to understand coding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1464242494190.png (47 KB, 228x200) Image search: [Google]
1464242494190.png
47 KB, 228x200
Why wasn't I born with the ability to understand coding so I can create my perfect game? What's worse, even if I knew anything about coding I couldn't possibly finish it on my own, and getting others to work with me would mean I would get constrained by budget and then I would have to compromise on my vision.

Does a good game even exist?

I'm broke and jobless so I've been playing a lot of games lately so I guess I've developed the jaded gamer disorder.

Jaded gamer thread I guess. Let's revel in our disappointment.
>>
>>342809576
>born with the ability to understand coding
You are a failure because you don't even fucking try. Nobody is born with an understand of coding you stupid fucking nigger, you're just using 'muh genetics' to justify not amounting to anything.

You're just lazy.
>>
>>342809576
if you want anything in life you're going to have to work for it you worthless piece of shit
>>
>>342809576
Hang in there.
>>
YOU CAN'T JUST WALK INTO LIFE EXPECTING EVERYTHING TO BE EFFORTLESS ANON
YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY COMMIT YOURSELF AND DO THINGS SOMETIMES
>>
Read a fucking book.
>>
>>342809576
Literally just hop into an engine and try. Download Unity or something, there's tons of documentation, look at a few little video tutorials, work on a project, google when you get stuck. Essentially what I'm doing on mine and now I'm at a point where I'm writing code pretty confidently. Of course you'll feel stuck if you choose to just sit in one spot, make yourself start. Right now, what else are you doing that's so important.

Go. Right now.
>>
>>342809576
You don't even need to know any coding at all to make a game. It'll probably be pretty basic but you can work your way up. Start with rpg maker then work your way up to game maker, unity or wherever devving takes you.
>>
I spent two years trying to learn it in my spare time. I couldn't even make basic shit on my own, much less tie it all together in complex ways to make a full game. I just don't have the mind for this sort of thing. Guess I'm just goddamn fucking retarded.
>>
That reminds me that I understand how to write code but am completely terrible at doing logic/math puzzles that most software engineer job interviews expect you to do

Seriously sometimes I think job interviews are more about "Have you seen this problem before?" than about ingenuity
>>
Work a job or do something difficult and not fun and it will get rid of your syndrome.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.