[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you look up the word "retard" in the dictionary,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
If you look up the word "retard" in the dictionary, you find "People who claim CryEngine isn't the best engine ever created."
>>
nice rare pepe
>>
>>342808115
>top secret tesselated toad tech

Were they in charge of HOLY TECHNOLOGY?
>>
>>342808852
More like holy keknology
>>
File: img6629_01.jpg (544 KB, 1900x912) Image search: [Google]
img6629_01.jpg
544 KB, 1900x912
>>342808115
Good joke kid
>>
source, id tech, fox engine, unreal, frostbite, goldsource, serious engine, MT framework, RED engine, RAGE?

cryengine is good dont get me wrong. but to consider it the undisputed best is silly. Keep in mind the old engines I listed were amazing for their time, obviously outdated now, but still.
>>
>>342809694
Why don't they ever put any effort into automating or procedurally generating this kinda shit rather than just making it by hand?

That would be the real revolution.
>>
>>342809786
>all that outdated trash
Unreal and frostbite are the only ones that currently aren't.
>>
>>342808115
Why don't you smear more grease over that, you fuckin fag.

Nothing but trash games use that engine, get the fuck out.
>>
>>342809694
>game engine can render a jpg image
oh wow I sure am impressed
>>
>>342809968
it must be hard not knowing how to read!
>>
>>342810172
You're right I didn't read the rest, I didn't expect you to completely invalidate your own post but you sure did.
>>
>>342810150
Whatever it is you're implying, you're retarded.
>>
>>342809786
lot of shit engines in that list>>342808115
>>342808115
it can be the best engine in the world, but its badly documented
>>
>>342810421
cryengine in 2007 was amazing. now? not so impressive. crysis 3 holds up well of course, but that level of photorealism isnt rare. metro looks just as good if not better.

my point being that I'm factoring the engine's release and marquee games in their quality. optimization is also a factor, hence fox engine and source.
>>
sure. if we're judging engines on their basis to make shit look good.

let's not even care about how flexible they are at anything else right??

fuck right off non programmer scum
>>
>>342810617
The only factor that determines what is currently the best engine is how advanced it is, to our knowledge. Listing outdated engines is pointless.
>>
>>342810884
cryengine isnt the best then
>>
>>342811057
Nope, it's UE4 obviously
>>
>>342811235
eh I'd say frostbite is up there. BF1 looks really impressive.
>>
>>342808115
dumb high-quality frogposter
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.