[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever replayed any Humongous games as an adult? Did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Wiki_Welcome.png (133 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
Wiki_Welcome.png
133 KB, 625x469
Have you ever replayed any Humongous games as an adult?

Did you still enjoy them without nostalgia goggles?
>>
Yup replayed through the first 3 Pajama Sam games a few months ago when I was depressed.
I can't believe how much I remembered pf those games, because I blew threw each of them within 10 minutes each.

Super fun still though. I love clicking on all the environments to see the cute little animations.
>developers will NEVER EVER add this kind of charm to their game again
>>
File: heman.jpg (17 KB, 350x433) Image search: [Google]
heman.jpg
17 KB, 350x433
HE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJgcnKbjM4
>>
Played putt putt goes to the moon yesterday.

Still fucking awesome.
>>
>>342806864
Yes. The humor is fantastic, the animations are great and [spoilers]MAZE MADNESS AND NUGGETS ARE HARD AS FUCK.[/spoilers]
>>
freddi fish is still 'bretty good, only problem is adult me can finish em in like 4-5 minutes, maybe even less.
>>
>tfw it's been 15 FUCKING YEARS since any humongous games have been released

jesus christ man, the last spy fox game was in 2001.
>>
I still enjoy playing the Pajama Sam games for their catchy music, fantastic art style and whimsical nature.
>>
File: 1462320249365.jpg (282 KB, 1543x1026) Image search: [Google]
1462320249365.jpg
282 KB, 1543x1026
>>342807385
/v/ edits of "wanna see my tattoo" thread when?
>>
>only ever had a cereal box demo disc for one freddi fish game
>still want to finish it all these years later
>>
Yeah, and ever since I found out Freddi was a girl I want to fuck that fish.
>>
>>342806864
I still love Spy Fox
>>
yeah, nabbed the humble bundle of literally all of them a while back. They still hold up, they have charm and some actually clever jokes. They're ok Point-and-clicks too.
>>
>>342806864
I just bought the Humongous collection on Steam the other day and played through Putt Putt Travels Through Time. I played most of the Putt Putt games as a kid, but that was the one I remember the most, and I really did enjoy it. There are a lot of things I didn't notice as a kid; for example, when you travel to the future, somebody tells you you're in the year 2112, which as an adult, I know is a Rush reference and I love it. There are other things I picked up on as an adult, but that one stuck out the most for sure. I'm legitimately excited to go back through the other Putt Putt and Pajama Sam games I played as a kid. They just have so much charm and attention to detail in the music, voice acting, etc. that I respect so much.
On a semi-related note, Zoombinis is also on Steam and it still holds up as an interesting game for adults/nostalgia, probably even more so than the Humongous games.
>>
File: Carrot_Leader.png (9 KB, 149x302) Image search: [Google]
Carrot_Leader.png
9 KB, 149x302
>>342806864
Yep, played through a few of them pretty quickly. Then I watched my 5 year old niece play pajama sam.

She liked them!! A lot! Once she got the whole concept of "find a problem, find a thing to fix it, click the thing, use the thing" she really enjoyed it.

I'm going to cram her brain full of putt putt and magic school bus whether she likes it or not.
>>
>>342808008
https://www.scummvm.org/

go download the game and finally finish it anon.
>>
>>342807189
>developers will NEVER EVER add this kind of charm to their game again
You aren't looking hard enough faggot
>>
>>342806864
>Ron Gilbert was involved in basically every Humongous game
And that's why they're so incredible.
>>
>>342808006
Dunno if /v/ is up to that task anon.
>>
Ive been watching my roomie play through the spy fox series. It's so fucking stupid but easy to laugh at.

He has a gay boner for spy fox, fucking furry.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.