[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You know you can just emulate it, right? Yes, I fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: header[1].jpg (81 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
81 KB, 460x215
>You know you can just emulate it, right?

Yes, I fucking know.

I am also aware you can fucking emulate PS1 and PS2 games. Jesus.
>>
>>342804784
Name one ps2 game that emulates well
>>
>>342805253
sotc
>>
> pc has the best version (please buy it)
>>
>>342805475
That's only because the original is a mess too.
>>
File: 1465396234522.jpg (38 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
1465396234522.jpg
38 KB, 500x347
Comics zone looks fucking amazing but the gameplay sucks ass.
>>
>>342805253

I don't personally emulate but any time an HD port comes up, someone always has to fucking chime in that you can emulate it and set it to a higher resolution.

>>342805567

Also this. We know the PC version is better. It doesn't need to be mentioned in every thread with a miultiplat.
>>
come on OP, they're fucking genesis games, the proprietary emulator you have to buy is worse than the fan made stuff
>>
>>342805837
So does vector man
>>
>>342805837

I just bought three of the five packs on Steam since they're all on a really good sale. I've never played a decent chunk of these so I'm kinda hype.
>>
>>342805981
It's too late for him, anon. He needs his friends to know that he plays retro stuff.
>>
>>342805837
>Comix Zone's gameplay sucks
In what fucking world? Fighting system is amazing with directional input that provide different outcomes.
The only bad thing in comix zone is that you lose HP on every your hit and random items in the last level.
>>
>>342804784
You can emulate it on anything, but only this thing will get you a comfy room with CRT tv.
>>
>>342806007
golden axe and altered beast also are terrible.

They could've picked better games.
>>
>>342805253
Armored Core 3
>>
But are you aware that that is also emulation? With less accuracy?

Apparently not.
>>
>>342805253
SMT: Nocturne for one. Most Jrpgs play pretty well. The Armored core games, Kingsfield, DMC, pretty much anything really.

Here's a whole fucking list of games you can play, most of which will work ok assuming you use the right settings and aren't on a toaster, and some of them even then will still work.

http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=num
>>
>>342806246

Nah, but the interface for this is very intuitive and comfy. The 90's kid bedroom thing is fucking great and having the digital shelf full of games is way more entertaining than it has any right to be.
>>
>>342805253
Yakuza 1-2
>>
>>342805862

Downsampling really does make many PS2 games look great on emu, even compared to HD re-releases. Hype is legit... when it's available.

What tends to not get mentioned is a lot of games are finicky as fuck, and may require running in software mode to be playable. At that point your options of what to do with the settings become a lot shorter, no matter how powerful your PC is.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.