[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not even trying to meme here, he needs a serious quality of life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8
File: Zenyatta_portrait.png (425 KB, 846x668) Image search: [Google]
Zenyatta_portrait.png
425 KB, 846x668
Not even trying to meme here, he needs a serious quality of life adjustment.

>His damage is insane for a support
Yeah, if you discord and land every headshot. If I could land consecutive headshots, I'd play csgo.

>buff his hp and hed be unstoppable
How? Hed be playable with a normal amount of hp

His healing needs to be more than Lucios but less than Mercys. The same hp as the rest, same movement speed as the rest. Discord is fine, it doesn't need changing.

I'm open to change, I'm open to debate. But you cannot argue That he is the least played due to no health, no movement speed, and medicocre healing. His damage is insane on people he can hit, fucking everyone shits on him with no remorse.

What can we change?
>>
Buff Winston
>>
>>342801090

I can land consecutive headshots and I don't play CSGO. What now, bitch nigga.
>>
Learn to play Zenyatta, faggot.
Also, learn to abuse Q, since it heals AoE.
>>
I do miss when his Harmony / Discord would not vanish after 3 seconds of no line of sight, but it was deserved. It just turned into health regen for flankers like Tracer and Genji across the map.

Toss 50, even 25 armor in there under his shields and he'd be less sufferable.
>>
>>342801401

>Press Q
>Entire team scatters because they think they have godmode
>They all die outside of the healing circle
>You make peace with the universe before your Q runs out and you're gangbanged by the entire enemy team
>>
Zenyatta's HP isn't the issue. If he's gonna be a support he needs better support tools. If they buff anything it should be the range of his harmony and discord orbs and their health regen and damage increase respectively.
>>
Zenyatta is fine as he is. If you're not doing well with him, it's because your garbage, or because the other team has a composition that shits on him (i.e. someone capable of getting around Reinhardt), or because your team has a composition that doesn't suit his playstyle (i.e. no Reinhardt).

This game is not about "x hero beats y hero and therefore y hero needs a buff."
>>
>>342801203
How? He's the perfect distruptor as is
>>
File: 1466250224582.jpg (22 KB, 356x379) Image search: [Google]
1466250224582.jpg
22 KB, 356x379
>>342801682
>el dorado match
>enemy team is all genjis + one lucio
>lose the first point
>we go all winstons + lucio
>they switch to all reaper
>we lose the second point
>we go all toblerone and hold the last fucking point like it's fucking moria
>as soon as some poor idiot gets close to the payload you hear a sixcacophony of MOOOOLTEEEN COOOOOREE
>they try everything
>they lose like complete utter fucking retards
i never laughed this hard in my entire life
>>
Playing Zen is frustrating because everyone wants you to play as a healer but if I do that I need to stay way on the back because he is so fragile. If I try to discord people I need to get close to the front line and get murdered in a second because Zen is made out of paper and sloooooow.
>>
>>342802117
Zenyatta is more suited for defense. His slow movement speed prevents him from repositioning quickly, meaning that it's better for him to set up in a spot overlooking his team and the objective. This is complemented by the fact that his orbs have much higher range than Mercy's beam, meaning he can deal out heals and debuffs while not having to follow his teammates around.

One spot that I love to play him on is the first point in Numbani. I set him up on the balcony behind the point with the little bridge, so I can heal my teammates below and pelt enemies with damage orbs and discords as they walk towards the objective.
>>
>>342801090

>But you cannot argue That he is the least played due to no health, no movement speed, and medicocre healing.

Right, but if you just sit back with him and plink his damage output, buff and debuff are all very solid, and then he pops ult to help push like a mad cunt. He does a very specific team-friendly job, and he does it well. Making him scrappier would make a strong character stronger solely to lower the skill floor for bads.
>>
I just wish he could heal multiple targets, Like maybe turn his heal into a short duration heal over time that's on a short cool down that he can cast on multiple targets
until he can heal more reliably he will always be outclassed by lucio and mercy.
>>
>>342801090
He's good versus tanks, like very good. I don't think he needs buffs right now. Maybe a little more healing for him, but he's a secondary support so he doesn't really need a healing buff.
>>
>>342801090
you don't need hs to do crazy damage with him, they do 45 damage each with no falloff.
>>
He had 200 health in alpha, and was the strongest character in the game.
>>
>>342801090
>Yeah, if you discord and land every headshot. If I could land consecutive headshots, I'd play csgo.
this is subtle bait but no one will bite it because everyone knows cs:go is garbage deep inside their mind.
>>
>>342802939
His health wasn't why he was the best though. It was because his orbs didn't disappear after breaking line of sight. He could debuff an enemy tank, fuck off to the other side of the map, and the debuff would still be on them until either he or the enemy died. Same thing for heals.
>>
He doesn't need to be changed.

More healing - Mercy
Balanced heal & damage - Lucio
More damage - Zenyatta
>>
>>342803135

Also allies could see the discorded character through walls. Basically creating perm wall hacks priority target mechanic.
>>
>>342803254
none of the supports except symmetra need buffs
>>
zenyatta is fine. i kill frequently. i liked the idea that someone said before, to give zenyatta double jump. he has zero mobility and even a double jump still makes him an easy mark, but it'd help.

how to fix d.va: increase damage done by bumping

also mccree is pretty useless now after nerf, i never see anyone playing as him. why not play as hanzo seeing as it's so much easier to get headshots as hanzo because hanzo isn't hit scan.
>>
>>342803409

>symmetra needs buffs

You don't know what you're talking about, to be frank.
>>
You don't need to land headshots to do massive damage. You just need to hit them while the orb of discord is on them. And it really isn't hard at all to get them orb on them, they just have to be within sight. I would like him to be a better healer though, he doesn't necessarily need it, but it would be nice.
>>
>>342803540
Double jump really would be nice, he can fuckin float after all, so why wouldn't he be able to double jump? What dictates how far from the ground he has to hover?
>>
I think he is fine how he is, since if you start buffing him, he becomes insanely strong. Maybe little bit more armor or slight speed boost when he puts discord/orb, i dunno.
>>
>>342803584

Symmetra is an exemplar of Blizzard multiplayer design dating back to the earliest days of WoW: if you can't make a class interesting or effective, give them a tool so good that people will bring them along anyway.
>>
>>342804020
>if you can't make a class interesting

Speak for yourself, I enjoy playing her.
>>
I just started playing him.

How does his orbs work? Can you only place a healing orb on one person at a time? They keep returning for me.

Same with his debuff orb. How many enemies.. how much time, etc.
>>
File: 1466534603924.png (113 KB, 400x287) Image search: [Google]
1466534603924.png
113 KB, 400x287
>>342801090
>>
>>342804178
orbs stay on things until line of sight is broken (you dont need to be looking, but your zenyatta has to be able to visually see them)

one orb can be healing one orb can be discording

the essential goal of any zenyatta is to be behind his team acting as his front, maintaining sight of everyone and healing as necessary, and discording and killing with his high damage when possible.
>>
>>342804096

Somewhere on the spectrum, are we?
>>
>>342804178
Only one with each orb. They stay as long as target is on sight, so keep them up. When you see enemy, put discord on it and start balling.
>>
Orb of Harmony should last for 5 seconds after breaking LoS. Right now most of the time you throw it across the map to someone, you'll only heal them for 90 HP. With this change it'll heal for 150 HP, which makes a huge difference.

His ultimate should also have a range increase on it, you pretty much have to be touching people to actually heal them. I've had times where someone seems close enough to heal and they're still not getting health out of it. Also Mei's wall/block shouldn't block it, that shit's lame.

He's fine otherwise.
>>
>>342801090
>playing classes that get one shot easily
>>
>>342801432
I'm really, REALLY tired of hearing "but his orbs made annoying flanking faggots MORE annoying!" Nerf them instead, maybe? Maybe make it fall off with distance unless he has los? There are tons of ways to approach the "problems" that didn't necessitate making him the weakest support in the roster. As it stands, unless the enemy team is stacking roadhogs or something equally retarded, he doesn't really have a niche. His ult does have potential utility for brute forcing chokepoints, but generally a Lucio ult could get you through it too. There's no real reason to ever pick him because he only excels at doing damage, which, guess what, doesn't matter if he falls over in a slight breeze, and forcing him to keep los just makes his shit HP even more of a liability in the wild world of one-shots that is Overwatch. I mean, it's not even all about one-shots, Winston hard counters him, all while being a top-tier all-around tank. You can't throw orbs past Rein, and Zarya can drop discorb off herself and whoever she shields, there's already a lot of counterplay to Zenyatta's kit. If he's buffed, he's still not going to be as good a healer as Mercy, he's never going to be as mobile as her or Lucio, his utility just plain can't match theirs, he has to be able to do his thing better or risk becoming completely irrelevant as people get better at the game.
>>
>>342801592
That hasn't been my experience desu senpai
>>
>>342801090
He needs 25 more shields
He needs a 35% move speed increase.
He needs to become a peeking machine
The right click needs to charge like a second faster.
>>
I just want a little more health and maybe a fastet movemnt like that double jump some anons say. I love playing as him as is, but he is not perfect.
>>
>>342801592
Shit has a dinky 10m range.

Lucio has 30m range on his ult.

And the worst part people can still be busted down inside his ult.
>>
>>342804332
It lasts 3 seconds as is. 90hp is lots considering average health is 200.
>>
>>342802030
All Reinhardt destroys all torb
>>
>>342801090

I feel like he should be able to throw healing his orb through walls. I can't tell you how many times I could have saved someone but they were just out of my line of sight.
>>
>>342806493

It was that way but they patched it for being 2strong
>>
Zenyattas low healing is balanced by the fact anyone doing damage to your team shouldn't live long enough to do a lot of damage. Zen can completely wreck tanks and Reinhardt's counters if you're on point.

His Q also builds up fast as fuck.
>>
>>342806601
>His Q also builds up fast as fuck.

Its actually the second slows ult to build up after Zaria you ignorant fuck.
>>
>>342806880
Too busy landing headshots to notice a slow ult build. Funny thing is I also play Zarya.
>>
>>342806880
His passive ult increase rate is slow, but his functional ult increase rate is very high because he is one of the few characters that can heal and deal damage at the same time.
>>
>>342806880
Also going to need proof on this. I feel like Zen builds a lot of meter from frags on top of discord and harmony.
>>
I think the main issue with Zenyatta is Mercy just does his job better. Most of the heroes have very unique roles that make them functionally different. Zenyatta and Mercy are too similar. But Mercy can fly all over the map and save herself where Zenyatta can't.

Zenyatta works best behind Reinhart's shield. With the protection of a shield Zenyatta tears shit up. But once that shield goes don't Zenyatta is a sitting duck. His ultimate is also the worst of the three healers.
>>
>>342808028
>I think the main issue with Zenyatta is Mercy just does his job better.
No she doesn't, because they don't both have the same job. Mercy is pure healslut, Zenyatta is heal/damage hybrid.
>>
>>342808028

I think a bigger issue is people thinking Zenyatta and Mercy do the same job.
>>
>>342808028
Stop playing Zen like a retard
>>
>>342801090
>What can we change?
I'd argue increase the orb duration out of sight from 3 seconds. No max duration was OP, but a longer out of sight duration would really make him more playable in teams of shitters (aka most teams).
>>
>>342801401
>Learn to play Zenyatta, faggot

No matter how fucking good you are at him, you can do only so much if your team is in complete disarray.
>>
>>342803409
>none of the supports except symmetra need buffs
Just because most people are ass with her doesn't mean she's underpowered. Play against someone who actually understands her, she's fine.
>>
>team doesn't have support
>want to play Zenyatta because he's the most fun support by a mile
>he's useless with 90% of pubs
>get stuck playing boring Lucio or Mercy yet again

I think I'll just give up playing outside of my group of 6.
>>
>>342801230
Landing consecutive headshots in Overwatch is like saying you can shoot up a gay bar in Orlando. Too easy
>>
>>342809179
HAHAHHAHA
THIS WAS SUCH A FUNNY JOKE
TOPICAL TOO XD
>>
It's hard to Balance him since people who are already good with him will destroy anyone because he has potentially highest dps.
>>
>45 damage on orbs
>Literally just so he can't kill a tracer with a headshot

If I can't kill a tracer with a headshot then WHY DO I HAVE ONLY 150 HP

GIVE ME 200
>>
File: 1449441079812.jpg (12 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
1449441079812.jpg
12 KB, 177x278
>>342805958
Its fucking dumb that a single bastion can out dps a fucking ultimate heal. seriously Lucio heal while amped up is better because it has such a short cool down and still does insane healing. The only times zenyattas ults are better are to counter reaper and zarya ults but he usually dies in the initial burst so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>342810849
So Tracerfags can feel good about themselves when they finally do something useful.
>>
>>342801921
His shield should stay until broken or needs a shorter cooldown
>>
>>342801203
He's one of the top competitive picks. You realize this right?
>>
File: 1464608452496.jpg (60 KB, 640x760) Image search: [Google]
1464608452496.jpg
60 KB, 640x760
>>
>>342809328
Shut the fuck up. I'm so tired of being disrespected on this goddamn website. All I wanted to do was post my opinion. MY OPINION. But no, you little bastards think it's "hilarious" to mock those with good opinions. My opinion. while not absolute, is definitely worth the respect to formulate an ACTUAL FUCKING RESPONSE AND NOT JUST A SHORT MEME OF A REPLY. I've been on this site for 4 years: 4 YEARS and I have never felt this wronged. It boils me up that I could spend so much time thinking and putting effort into things while you shits sit around (probably jerking off to Gardevoir or whatever furbait you like) and make fun of the intellectuals of this world. I've bored you? Good for fucking you. Literally no one cares that your little brain is to underdeveloped and rotted to comprehend my idea...MY GREAT GREAT IDEA. I could sit here all day whining, but I won't. I'm NOT a whiner. I'm a realist and an intellectual. I know when to call it quits and to leave the babybrains to themselves. I'm done with this goddamn site and you goddamn immature children. I have lived my life up until this point having to deal with memesters and idiots like you. I know how you work. I know that you all think you're
"epik trolls" but you're not. You think you baited me? NAH. I've never taken any bait. This is my 100% real opinion divorced from anger. I'm calm, I'm serene. I LAUGH when people imply I'm intellectually low enough to take bait. I always choose to reply just to spite you. I won. I've always won. Losing is not in my skillset. So you're probably gonna reply "lol epik trolled" or "u mad bro" but once you've done that you've shown me I've won. I've tricked the trickster and conquered memery. I live everyday growing stronger to fight you plebs and low level trolls who are probably 11 (baby, you gotta be 18 to use 4chan). But whatever, I digress. It's just fucking annoying that I'm never taken serious on this site, goddamn
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-26-11-32-14.png (397 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-26-11-32-14.png
397 KB, 1080x1920
What is up with zenyattafags right now?
>>
>>342810849
>discord orb
>can now kill anyone with 1-2 headshots
>ps so can anyone on your team

lol?
>>
>>342815285
nice pasta
>>
Anyone else getting disconnected from games?
>>
>>342815327
>mobilefag
>>
>>342801090
If you play with Symmetra/Torb synergy (like you're supposed too), his health would be off the charts with a health buff. Even if you only give him fifty more base health or shields, he'd have the most out of any offense or defense class.
>>
I don't get why people say that D.Va is underpowered. Maybe I'm just weirdly good as her, but I usually get at least 2 or 3 gold medals, rarely get a kill streak under 5 - often over 10 - and boast an 83% win rate with her. I get PotG with her usually every other game not to mention too.
>>
File: 1466390635183.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1466390635183.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>342815327
>mobile
>calls anyone else a fag
>>
>>342801090
Zenyatta's health isn't even a problem. He has the same health as offensive heroes, it's just more apparently because he doesn't have an escape.

Zenyatta's all about positioning. You just need to back the fuck up. His orbs can hit and attach from fucking across the map as long as you have line of sight.
>>
>>342813198
DPS is Bastions niche. He can out DPS the heal, he can't out DPS the people inside the heal shooting back at him.
>>
Discord orb is very, very strong. Zenyatta is a hero with very strong strengths and very big weaknesses. His fragility and lack of mobility are necessary to balance out the fact he has crazy high DPS as a support and can basically put the kiss of death on any of the opposing teams heroes by increasing their damage taken by 50%.

He doesn't really shine in solo queue because randoms can't seem to take advantage of his utility. In a group though he's a monster who can mark specific enemies and call out to shoot them and basically make a successful push to the next objective every time he has his ult up
>>
It's hilarious facing zenyattas in hardmode vs. AI. These niggas are instakilling people across the map.
>>
you don't even need to headshot to tear through people if they are discorded.
>>
File: 1464045083805.png (110 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1464045083805.png
110 KB, 450x300
>>
>>342801090
>>342801627
It literally is ONLY the hp that needs to be buffed. Take 50 of Mei's hp and give it to Zen. That's all that needs to be changed. Discord doesn't need to be buffed at all it's 50% extra damage for fucks sake.
>>
>>342815130
More because he has a very specific niche. Increasing his damage wouldn't do much of anything in pubs. And in competitive, like many heroes, he's a hard counter anyway, so increased kill speed means very little.
>>
>>342801432
>Double regen Genjis become issue when paired with Zenyatta
>nerf Zenyatta
>>
>>342820816
It wasn't just Genji it was all flankers. Turns out Tracers, Reapers and Genjis with permanent HP regen was OP. So yeah, Zen got nerfed because he was the problem
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.