[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the FUCK was her problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Chara.(Undertale).full.1973722.jpg (1 MB, 1016x1500) Image search: [Google]
Chara.(Undertale).full.1973722.jpg
1 MB, 1016x1500
What the FUCK was her problem?
>>
>her
>>
>>342793591
Literally who?
>>
File: foreman.jpg (105 KB, 715x946) Image search: [Google]
foreman.jpg
105 KB, 715x946
>doesn't have any weight in the story until the very end
>"IT WAS MY PLAN ALL ALONG"
>>
>>342793591
No problem. It's literally you so only you can create the problems.

And i'm not talking all about the frisk>chara>player thing, it's just you and your actions no matter what. Doesn't matter though, beat it both pacifist and genocide then move on.
>>
Realized he was in a video game, making it impossible to truly die, dooming him to live in a world with only a few hours worth of variation.
>>
>killing furries
>a problem
>>
Nothing. She's perfect how she is.
>>
Asriel calls Chara his brother
>>
>>342794058
Chara's only plan was suicide-fusing with Asriel so he could rain down hell on humanity.

Reviving him with the genocide run seemed like more of a happy accident for him.

Alternatively, when Chara makes his comment about being in control the whole time, you could read that as the game's meta-narrative about player motivation. Chara in this sense is less a character and is more a force of nature, the need to explore all possibilities regardless of how horrifying they might be.
>>
You were the problem. You taught him that killing things is a-ok.
>>
>>342794829
I still don't get it. What was her motivation for going batshit insane and killing everything, though?
>>
>>342795509
She was an asshole
>>
>she
>her

am i getting baited
>>
>>342795509
Wouldn't you kill a bunch of monsters who attacked you?

Anyway she hated humanity probably wanted to use the monsters power to destroy humanity herself
>>
>>342795509
It's left intentionally vague, but Chara's dialogue hints that he was similar to Flowey, in the sense that his DETERMINATION allowed him to Groundhog's Day it up. This meant his actions had no consequence, which meant life had no value, which meant other people were just toys to be used and discarded.
>>
>>342795509
You told her to.
>>
>>342794829
>>342795509
Chara is there in every run. He just doesn't know what to believe in or what he should do now that his plan didn't work because of Asriel taking over, therefore he lets Frisk show him the way. Also it's kinda likely he didn't want to kill EVERYONE, just the people from his home who drove him to try to commit suicide originally.
>>
>>342796518
>Chara is there in every run.

I see this interpretation depicted in lots of fan art, but is there anything within the game to support that reading?
>>
>>342796792
The narrator hints at it constantly through the way he talks and things he responds to (since that's Chara speaking). There's some really clear tells like what he says about the bed he died in, but with a little reading between the lines a lot of other stuff makes a lot more sense when thinking of it in that way (the lines on mirror, learning about water sausages, his reaction on the Asriel phonecall).
>>
>>342796792
Chara is literally the player. You're there in every run, and hence so is Chara.
>>
File: CV5WTflXIAEC6jx.jpg (76 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CV5WTflXIAEC6jx.jpg
76 KB, 600x800
>2016
>Temmie still hasn't leaked nudes
>>
>>342796792
http://determinators.tumblr.com/post/143284030397/greetings-uh-so-ive-been-working-on-this
>>
>>342793591
Stop making this fucking thread you faggot.
>>
>>342793591
Humanity a shit, pretty much.
>>342794058
To be fair, the only plan that kid mentions is the one where they died along with Asriel many years ago.
>>
File: 1447412481012.png (115 KB, 391x308) Image search: [Google]
1447412481012.png
115 KB, 391x308
>>342793591
Good one OP. But Chara is transgender as confirmed by the official Tumblr blog.
>>
>>342797459
Chara's both, in a way. He is an actual character with his own important role in the story of the game, but in genocide is also a sort of representation of the average player's necessity to complete everything and try everything. You're also similar to Flowey in that sense though, once you've done everything else, seen all the happy endings, you decide to see what happens when you kill everything. But then Chara (following your example) realises that killing everything is the way to go and you both destroy the world since you've done everything.
>>342797959
Was probably about to post this. It's long as hell but worth the read.
>>
>>342794458
Post a screenshot then.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.