[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FALLOUT 4 Genuine fans of the Fallout universe love it. Contrarian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 35
FALLOUT 4

Genuine fans of the Fallout universe love it. Contrarian hipsters who hate popular things see it appealing to a broad range of players absolutely despise it.

Which are you /v/? Can you like a game that's popular?
>>
File: you.jpg (399 KB, 1093x1099) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
399 KB, 1093x1099
>>342788947
>>
File: fallout-4_20151203144155.jpg (187 KB, 912x776) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4_20151203144155.jpg
187 KB, 912x776
>>342789748
>did you create a thread to have a spirited exchange of opinions and discussion

You caught me, schweetheart.
>>
File: 1465881921649.png (177 KB, 664x520) Image search: [Google]
1465881921649.png
177 KB, 664x520
>>342788947
>Genuine fans of the Fallout universe love it
What year did you play Fallout 1 and 2?
>>
>>342788947
>Genuine fans of the Fallout universe love it. Contrarian hipsters who hate popular things see it appealing to a broad range of players absolutely despise it.
You got that reversed, son.
>>
>>342790737
Late 90's. I remember buying both Baldur's Gate 1 and Fallout 1 at the same time. One of them had just released, so whichever came out later.

>>342790910
So you think hipsters would like the more mainstreamed title instead of the lesser played ones? C'mon now.
>>
>>342788947
The thing is that if /v/ saw a game not called Fallout and was a so called "hidden gem", they'd probably like it. Now the problem is that people expect more from a game of this caliber. You know, things like stories that stay logical, decent graphics and LoD, improvements on the NV gameplay. I'd also say that fans of the old games wouldn't like this, since it's so combat based. Instead of exploring places and talking to people, pretty much all the time you just walk up to a place, end up in a firefight, loot the enemies and t he obvious loot, and be done with it.
>>
>nobody has called out the obvious bait yet
>people are replying instead of reporting and hiding
>>
>>342793038
>everyone who doesn't agree with me is shitposting
>to date, my post has been the only one that never actually contributed anything to any part of the discussion
>somehow I don't see myself as the shitposter
>>
>>342793292
nice try :^)
>>
>A FUCKING FRIDGE
>>
>>342792626
I disagree with the "people expect more" sentiment. I think more accurately, a vocal minority in our forums were prepared to hate whatever the game was on principle. Because by and large, the stories stayed logical. The graphics were an improvement over the earlier titles and the gameplay itself was a huge leap forward.

Now the older Fallout titles were also combat based, most even more punishingly so than Fallout 4. Exploration is also key here, but it's something a contrarian wouldn't let himself see. Stumbling on Covenant, for example. Or exploring the old Hubris Comics store. Finding old radio SOS signals and tracing them back to their origins. You can easily spend dozens of hours just exploring this game and see no more combat than you would've in another title.

Now, if you're just doing busy work radiant quests that they included so even if you somehow finished 100% of the rest of the game (I guarantee you people spamming those haven't), you'd still have a way to make caps, get XP and be actively doing something.
>>
>>342788947
I'm no contrarian, I absolutely loathe the average /v/ parrot. That being said I absolutely hated Fallout 4. I actually felt immersed in the other games and I was interested in how I interacted with the world through the story. However in 4 the most fun I had was about 10 hours of leveling up my guns and exploring the wilderness without touching the story. Before you ass blast me I watched my roommate play the whole storyline so I didn't miss anything.

But the biggest aspect I disliked was the characters and quests. The writing was so drab and boring and I found none of the characters or groups at all likeable. The story lines were absolute cop outs especially towards the most colossally shit ending. It was not an rpg and it took every likeable element from the previous games out.
>>
I like all the mainstay Fallout games.

1, 2, 3, NV, and 4.

They've all got different reasons to play.
>>
File: B5GmC.png (50 KB, 493x364) Image search: [Google]
B5GmC.png
50 KB, 493x364
>>342793836
Yeah, how could they make an oversight like that!

Earlier Fallout titles didn't play so fast and loose with the lore.

Idiot.

This is what I mean. Contrarians will find something to complain about, fans will remember the talking brahmin and let it slide.
>>
>>342792626
Let's be real. If you strip all reference to Fallout from Fo4, it would still be considered a piece of shit by many. It not only fails as a Fallout game, it fails as a Bethesda wrpg.
>>
>>342793865
>the gameplay itself was a huge leap forward
maybe the shootbang part, but the RPG part was a massive step back
>>
>>342794575
I hear that a lot. I'd love to hear your opinion. In what way has the gameplay moved back as an RPG?
>>
>>342794575
The melee is also worse. If not for VATS it'd be unbearable. I had the same complaint in Skyrim
>>
>>342794889
In what way is the melee worse?
>>
>>342794796
I'm not the guy you replied to, but F4 removed skills, made the SPECIAL attributes next to irrelevant, dumbed down most the perks into simple "25% more damage with melee" bullshit, fucked up the dialogue system and gave you a character that's near impossible to actually roleplay with.
>>
>>342791604
It's contrarian to like FO4 now. Whereas nobody who ever played the first two games likes it.
>>
>>342795072
Many ways compared to Oblivion. Can't attack in the air and while in the water, attacks are slower, hitbox problems, NPCs can cheat and block your attacks while in attack animation, and a few annoying shit.
>>
I don't think any actual fallout fan likes fallout 4.

OH NO I FELL FOR THE BAIT
>>
File: 1466710905985.png (671 KB, 575x803) Image search: [Google]
1466710905985.png
671 KB, 575x803
>>342788947
Someone post the wall of text that carefully explains how Bethesda ruins everything
>>
>>342788947
What was that area that was basically a fighting arena where you get that fugly ginger follower? I basically stopped playing after finding that area.

>walk in to cool looking arena with seats and bars
>wear raider gear so i can blend in and watch some fights
>bars empty every one watching the fight
>make my way to the arena
>everyone starts shooting at me

Why the fuck did they even bother making such an interesting world if everyone wants to kill you no matter what.
>>
>>342795179
Yeah, but skills just got rolled into SPECIAL stats which sort of made sense anyhow. You could have a Charisma 1 guy with tons of Barter and Speech, which didn't add up. Or an Agility 1 guy with maxed Guns.

Now all the relevant skills are scaled to SPECIAL. I can see disliking it, but I couldn't go so far as to claim it was a bad thing or even a step back. It's just different.

Also, the perks do way more than you're accusing them of. There are only a handful that are +% damage perks, most of the rest do really varied and different things.

>>342795206
It's only contrarian on /v/ to like Fallout 4 now. The great majority of the rest of the world does like it. And let's not pretend that this board doesn't have a reputation of a few loud posters always going after every title that's popular.
>>
>fails as a roleplaying role playing game
>fails as a stats-focused role playing game
>fails as a first person shooter
I still can't comprehend how people can waste so many hours on it. If it's just a blank canvas for mods, Bethesda has made better ones.
>>
>>342788947
I've liked all 3 of the 3ds, but I'm really starting to hate all these fucking settlements. I wish I had gone with my first instinct and ignored them and the minutemen.
>>
>>342793836
reminder that because of this quest Set and Necropolis Ghouls is no longer canon
>>
File: canon.jpg (128 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
canon.jpg
128 KB, 1600x900
>>342794067
nice logic
>>
>>342795441
There's not really a point where you need to melee attack in the water though, is there? Also, attacks aren't slower. They're just predicated on weapon type. Granted, most of the Very Fast weapons like the Ripper don't do great damage, but Pickman's Blade is only a Fast weapon and is arguably one of the best weapons of the game. You can stick an enemy three to four times between their attacks and apply a stacking DoT every time.

I've never actually had an NPC block my attack in attack animation though, and I do a lot of melee builds. Is it a specific enemy that does that? Which did it to you?
>>
>>342795814
>i need others to express my opinions for me

Yet more evidence that it's just bandwagoning to hate Fallout 4. If you don't have a legitimate gripe of your own and need someone else to prove why you don't like a game, maybe you ought to review whether you actually dislike it or not?
>>
>>342795825
I thought the same thing, love for Fallout 4 notwithstanding. The Combat Zone was such a cool place.

I actually have high hopes for their new DLC. In Nuka Town you can actually lead Raider gangs there. Maybe some of the current areas, like the Combat Zone will be revisited?
>>
>>342796467
Why write a wall of text of my opinion when there is already someone who has done that
>>
>>342796036
>fails at all these things
>i don't know how it does and can't explain how it does, but trust me, it does

God, getting you people to post anything of substance or support your own damn points is like pulling teeth.
>>
>>342795990
>great majority of the rest of the world does like it
A great majority of the world likes burning women and fags, stealing games online, illegal gambling, and MADDEN.

Plus, the average gamer is completely braindead when it comes to anything teambased. Look at all the mobas or shooters we have. If you stick those same people into a large single-player game, the thing that enchants them the most is that they can fucking name their character. I would be surprised if those people played any of the preceding Fallout games.
>>
File: wakemeup.jpg (63 KB, 584x643) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.jpg
63 KB, 584x643
>>342788947
this is most probably the worst optimization in ANY game ive EVER seen

i couldnt get past the intro
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1609x3554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1609x3554
>>342795814
I got you

>>342796574
You have your hopes set too high
>>
The new weapon system killed it for me. While I enjoyed exploring the areas and looking for interesting things and notes/computer entries the loot was really underwhelming. I think only the deliverer pistol and a couple other things are actually unique. Everything else can just have different abilities randomly generated on it. You could go to vault 84 and buy the double shot Overseer's Guardian combat rifle for a lot of caps but it isn't unique. You can get the same exact weapon randomly from legendary enemies. It felt like there was not as much to look forward to. Nothing felt special.
>>
>>342796680
>Trying this hard to bait idiots
>gets baited in the process

Go to your room and think about what you've done.
>>
File: fallout-2-article_image.jpg (38 KB, 418x300) Image search: [Google]
fallout-2-article_image.jpg
38 KB, 418x300
>>342796320
What's wrong with my logic? Fallout has always had silly things that contradict established lore or were just embarrassingly stupid. Fridge ghoul in Fallout 4, talking brahmin, Indiana Jones, talking toasters, ayy lmaos, etc.

A Fallout fan embraces those as part of the series that's been there since the first installment. A hipster just singles out occurrences of it in games he dislikes and acts like it's somehow different when it happened in the games he does like.
>>
>boring contrived worlds in locations detached from lore
>due to the location Bethesda takes the opportunity to shit on the lore even more
>empty world with contrived forgettable locations and characters that are practically all 1 dimensional
>no organic interactions
>forced to follow a contrived narrative
>its the same story as fo3
>once again your relative is the main character
great game
>>
>>342796584
Because you might have some semblance of worth to form your own opinion and defend it rather than hiding behind someone else's?
>>
File: 20160623103952_2.jpg (246 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160623103952_2.jpg
246 KB, 1920x1080
>>342788947
the settlement system captivates my autism, I can't not like it
>>
>>342796680
>stats matter fuck all because you just shoot everything in the head but it's ok because they're now even less than before
>shooting mechanics feel like straight out of an idtech4 game with weapons packing no punch
>dialogue consists of the autistic questions Bethesda has been providing us for over a decade
>said autistic quests are fairly limited and roleplaying is non-existent because there's a backstory and a very specific goal
>everything is black or white, you either let everyone fuck you or you eat babies
Have you ever played a first person shooter or a roleplaying game ? Besides, we've had the same conversation a million times but fanboys insist on dismissing everything and as is typical having no fucking expectations of a good game.
>good enough for me
>>
>>342796915
Difference is that the strange stuff were either easter eggs or fits in established canon (the ghost)

You are defending the Kid in the Fridge quest which is supposed to be canon yet it contradicts the entire events of Necropolis in Fallout 1, along with all the other instances of ghouls eating and drinking to survive
>>
>>342796915
>real fallout does something organically human within the context of the universe
>people call it shit
>bethesda fallout creates contrived scenarios for contextualized humor that a fly could understand
I think the thing is anon, most people don't actually get it. They don't know if it's joking unless the game tells them it is, like Bethesda does.
>>
>>342796740
This. My toaster couldn't get stable fps so I quit half way through. Pretty sure the engine is older than my toaster too
>>
Bethesda Fallout is Robocop 2014.

The Fallout trilogy (1,2, New Vegas) is Robocop 1987.
>>
>>342797190
I just realized i'm talking about you being a retard. Funny world.
>>
File: Fo4raiderpower2armor.png (817 KB, 441x870) Image search: [Google]
Fo4raiderpower2armor.png
817 KB, 441x870
>>342796753
I don't think I have. Regardless of whether the Combat Zone makes a reappearance, I know that I get to control raider gangs and be a raider boss now. No more dressing Settlers up in raider armor and pretending like the Sanctuary Hills gang is expanding across the Commonwealth.

...well, nah, I'll probably keep doing that. But now we'll have actual raiders too.
>>
File: War_war_never_changes.jpg (199 KB, 900x635) Image search: [Google]
War_war_never_changes.jpg
199 KB, 900x635
>>
>>342788947
Fallout 4 is not an RPG.
>>
>>342788947
I just hate how bad the voice acting for a male MC is. He sounds bored out of his mind.
>>
>>342797047
HIS Opinion is MY ppinion too, I don't know why that is hard for you to understand. The only difference is that he made >>342796753, while I have not.
>>
>>342797396
FPS with RPG elements.

It was the rage back in 2005.
>>
>>342797223
nigga i upgraded my pc to play the witcher 3 around 2014, i could get 60 fps on that one

no more than 35 fps on fallout 4

game fucking CRASHED when the cryo pod doors closed in the intro
>>
>>342788947
People don't like it? I have been in love with this game since I played it.
>>
>>342788947
>Genuine fans of the Fallout universe love it.
Love is way too strong of a word, Todd.
>>
>>342792626
There a certain expectations that come along with a game being within a certain series. 4 didn't meet the ones required of fallout.
>>
>>342797510
My 8 year old toaster ran Witcher 3 better than it did Fallout until I dove underwater and the game crashed every single time
>>
>>342796770
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_unique_weapons

I feel you, but honestly, I liked that about the game. That first 10mm pistol you get in Vault 111 I eventually modified to it's maximum and renamed "Nora" and it now is displayed prominently in my Sanctuary Hills fortress just over the mantle above my bed. You can create your own attachments to weapons without needing to find the ultimate omega super deathkiller sword to be your go-to.
>>
>>342788947
I really wanted to like this game... But uninstalled it at level 12.

Its just so terrible.
>>
>tfw nobody will ever make Quake RPG with bunnyhopping and a big open world
I would spend hours just bunnyhopping around doing fuck all
>>
>>342796915
You're not wrong, Fallout has always been silly even if it was about the destruction of nations through war. But There's a difference with being silly to tell a joke (talking cows, ghosts, ayys). Taking those silly things and trying to turn them into something serious (fridge kid with his parents stand right across the street from him and somehow both of them is ghouls, Mothership Zeta).
>>
>>342796986
>all gameplay must exist exactly where it has in previous games, NO expanding lore or seeing what's happened with the rest of the world

Fuck you. Eventually, there'll be Fallout 7: Red Menace set in China and it'll be great too while you weep tears of "no NCR there though!"
>>
>>342788947
I like it, but it definitely has its issues. Probably my least favorite of the series aside from BoS. How limited you were in a roleplay perspective is probably the biggest problem I have with it. The settlement building is a lot of bullshit with no real substance. I'd much rather have one location that I can personalize more. I like what they did with the companions, especially after Skyrim's failure in that front.
>>
>>342788947

Not even ragging on the game itself, it was pretty decent, but this is just plain wrong. It is so unashamedly not Fallout that it's painful.
>>
File: 1466644793679.png (618 KB, 628x1302) Image search: [Google]
1466644793679.png
618 KB, 628x1302
>>342788947
THE HOLOCAUST

Genuine jews love it. Contrarian heretics who hate popular things see it appealing to a broad range of nations absolutely despise it.

Which are you /v/?
>>
>>342793836
>>342793836
Pretty obvious reference to Indy, m8.
>>
>>342797865
>can't comprehend themes and consistency
Fuck you, get a spin off. There's no reason to put the easy marketable name on fucking everything.
>>
>Referring to Bethesda's FPS franchise as Fallout
Their games have nothing to do with the Fallout series. There have been no Fallout games since Fallout Tactics.
>>
Fallout 4 is fun for what it is. It may not be similar to previous titles like 1 & 2 but that's a moot point since it shouldn't be expected to be after 3 already started flipping it on it's head in another direction.

Is Fallout 4 good? that's for an individual to decide. Most people who complain about it are the same people who go "i hate french fries! therefore, nobody should like them!".

Spend less time complaining about what you don't like, and more time discussing what you do like, and your quality of life will improve since you won't be adding unnecessary amounts of anger stress to yourself.
>>
>>342798112
If I was a Jew that wasn't affected by it, I'm sure I would love it. Gives me an excuse to be a triggered bitch and stash nuclear missiles.
>>
>>342797865
Is it too much to ask for a fucking game that doesn't thrust you into a fairytale story within the first 30 minutes? Even if you choose to avoid the black guy and the oddly omniscient crackhead hag, you'll still have to do all that shit eventually.

I want Call of Chernobyl levels of comf as I wander through a wasteland, is that so hard to do?
>>
File: 1442452746548.png (188 KB, 351x329) Image search: [Google]
1442452746548.png
188 KB, 351x329
>>342788947
Fallout 4: A game that put forth a world with tons of interesting setting and lore, and decided to waste all of the potential.
>Only one case where the Brotherhood's morals are put into question, at which point it's back to business as usual
>institute is vaguely evil even though they have no reason to be
>No explanation as to how you survived being frozen while nobody else is not
>Nothing but raiders everywhere
>Railroad frees synths by destroying the institute
>NOTHING interesting once you are given the role of the institute
>"moral choices" don't really feel good, but less because it makes sense nothing turns out 100 percent has you expect it more to show off "OH WE HAVE SERIOUS CHOICES."
>choices don't impact anything in the game world

What a load of garbage Bethesda. You were so close that you ruined everything.
>>
>>342798236
>pls don't say mean things about stuff I like
Fuck you, too. What kind of fucked up reasoning is that ? You can comment on things that were good but you should still point out what you thought was wrong. No reasonable person will be bothered if someone says they don't like something.
>>
>>342797689
Yes, being able to add your own flair to weapons is nice

But the fact that nobody else has ruins it, along with the complete lack of weapon variety in the game

The combat shotgun (one of the two shotguns) is just the combat rifle retextured for fucks sakes
>>
>>342798362
You are the backup, and they purposely killed the others.

Other than that, spot on.
>>
>>342798268
As far as FPS successors to the original Fallout games go, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is far superior to Fallout 3/4
>>
>>342795825
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Mole_rat_race_track

Wasn't the first time new-era Fallout games set things up that you couldn't participate in. Won't be the last.

Raiders are a psychotic bunch, only slightly stable enough to not outright turn on each other, but not too stable to not go nuts when someone they don't know rolls in on their thing.

Walk down any city street IRL and try to get into a club you don't belong to. It won't end well.
>>
Fallout 4 has 2 quests

I didn't bother pirating the DLC but come on son, the main story is garbage, and theres nothing to do but rooty tooty point and shooty mixed with minecraft because theres no fucking questlines outside the main story.

People are going to hate it because its knockoff STALKER.
>>
File: 1447214075787.jpg (113 KB, 672x891) Image search: [Google]
1447214075787.jpg
113 KB, 672x891
>>342798556
Sorry I wrote that really weird.

I meant how you survived being frozen, despite it being confirmed in previous fallouts that Vaul-tec hadn't mastered anything relating to cryogenic freezing. And there really is no EXCUSE for this. All that would be required would be a terminal explaining that it was one of a few different methods of freezing. I would have been satisfied but they didn't even fucking try.

And of course, Jet being found in a pre war vault. Epic.
>>
>>342798742
One of the rules in the Fight Club area is that if you start a fight with a non contenstant you get thrown out/in the homebrew jail they have, it literally says it on a sign in the front

As soon as you walk in though everyone starts gunning you because Bethesda was too busy wasting that 7 year development time to do anything with that place other than copypaste raiders
>>
Honestly I felt like the game did a pretty good job at the beginning establishing the setting. Having a character who lived before the bombs dropped and getting to experience the terror of that is a very cool idea, but forcing your character into this same role of a parent looking for their baby kind of killed the game from an RPG perspective. A true Fallout game would've just included this particular tale as one of many possible character backstories.
>>
File: 1466911362229.jpg (100 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
1466911362229.jpg
100 KB, 670x503
>>342798589
I like story and dialogue in my Fallout games, anon. Stats and abilities are a must too.
>>
>>342799050
Ah, I see now.

As for the Jet thing, I read that when what's-his-face "created" jet, that he probably just rediscovered how to make a drug that was prevalent before the war, so everybody in Fallout 4 timeline just knows it as jet. Decent lore explanation, but it's really just lazy loot lists on Bethesda's part..
>>
>>342799256
Too bad none of the story and dialogue in Fallout 3 or 4 is good or meaningful. If it's going to be bad, you may as well remove it.
>>
>>342799364
Myron created Jet, one of the ingredients for it is only found after the war
>>
The world, the gunplay, the characters were all better than FO3 but the extremely watered down choices, writing, and RPG elements kill the game for me.

If it was NV-tier RPG and writing with FO4 guns, graphics, and world it would be 10/10 and I'm saying that as a huge fan of FO1/2
>>
>>342799396
Not really, I rather have the shoddy attempt than another RPG being terminally transformed into a FPS. Besides, I get the hint that you're ignoring NV.
>>
>>342793836
WHY ARE THERE ORCS IN BOSTON?
>>
>>342788947
I don't think you have to be contrarian to find very little appealing in a mass marketed game. I think that just makes you objective.
>>
>>342799475
>>342799475
Brahmin shit, right? Wouldn't regular old cow shit have worked in the past? Obviously the radiation would change it, but as far as people in Fallout 4 are concerned, they're pretty much the same drug.
>>
>>342788947
I thought it was a good game. I was a little put off by the dialogue system, but any game that I can put 70+ hours into and enjoy myself is a good purchase.
>>
>>342799742
Normal Cow shit wouldn't work because it is not irradiated, and they didn't do any work with them pre-war

"Jet" did not exist pre-war in any way, it's a combination of ingredients found post-war mixed up and put into an Asthma Inhaler
>>
>>342788947
Genuine fan here. Don't love it. Now what?
>>
>>342788947
I haven't even played F4 and I already know by the way you worded your post this game sucks ass.
>>
>>342788947
I like Fallout 4. In fact I am a "bethesdrone" that people on this board call fellow gamers for liking the games a BGS develops. I like the fallout universe as much as I like TES, and there's no one telling me otherwise. Because once I post this I'm out of the thread and their triggered shitty lives will stay obtuse. Thanks for playan anon-kun.
>>
>>342800112
You'll be ignored, just like any argument.
>>
>>342798742
>Walk down any city street IRL
I don't know what club you are talking about but I'm guessing these aren't night clubs.

I was just hoping for a world with more things to do besides shooting everyone.
>>
>>342800458
A lot of people like Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion

keep shitposting and giving them ammo for the "Bethesdrones are uninformed" argument
>>
>>342795825
Make a raider/gunner equivalent to Diamond City, the raiders/gunners have their own main questline. Companions for both factions. You could be friendly with both, maybe even broker a truce. Never even have to fuck with the "good guys". The current companions could even become big named bosses, like some of the raiders/gunners are. It could be decided when you first arrive in Concord. Either help Preston or help Gristle. Then you can make raider bases instead of settlements.

I hate how they limit the possibilities.
>>
>>342796320
wild wasteland, but yo knew that
>>
>>342801130
Goodneighbor should've been this
>>
>>342801130
They should have cut back on the settlements.
I'm not a fan of it to begin with but they could have just stuck to 2 or 3, or even just 1 really big, comprehensive settlements that have unique resources and settlers.
>>
>>342801330
Agreed. The micromanagement is ridiculous, and they're honestly useless aside from a place to sell off shit and sleep. Maybe kind of useful in Survival mode, but I didn't fuck with them when I tried it.
>>
>>342800830
Funny, I like Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion but I think F4 was shit.
How the fuck is that an argument for F4 ?
This shit is tiring.
>>
OP can you explain why you like it?

The only thing i enjoy in this game is the shooty mc'powwy and the novelty of that drains fast. I haven't played Fallout 1&2 but in my honest opinion Fallout 4 is extremely watered down, in areas like gameplay, worldbuilding, writing, mechanics, pacing, the lore, story consistency, decision making etc. etc.
>>
>>342788947
it is good, its better then f3. but there are no doubt some big issues with it, mostly revolving around the perks, writing (particularly in the case of the mc), and gutted RPG mechanics.
>>
>>342801557
I don't think you understand what I said
>>
>>342799742
He mentioned a food additive or something that when ingested by the cows basically made them shit meth or something to that effect. said additive was banned by the FDA pre war but it's highly likely that when shady people found out what the cows produced from it, they snapped up whatever they could get of that additive any way they could (connections of the 'it fell off the back of a truck' variety, or just plain theft) and started their own operations of producing the waste byproduct that makes up Jet.

Part of writing is that you have to adapt to unforeseen contradictions and make that contradiction work and make sense within the context of the story. A good writer can turn a plot hole into a plot point with some clever explanation.
>>
>>342799056
Where the hell did you get Fight Club out of that.

Club, as in a hunt club, a nightclub, a fraternity, a back alley with some guys tossing dice, even. Just waltz right into any of that without being known, and watch them walk you right out.

Only difference is, there is no law, the civilized world has ended, and you shoot first, ask questions maybe.
>>
>>342791604
Yes because hipster are in vogue now.
>>
WHY IS BOSTON FULL OF ORCS
>>
>>342801856
Nigger did you just skim through my post and throw together this argument

Where in any of my post made you think I was talking about a real club instead of the Fight Club in the game?
>>
>>342802046
The reverse of that happens with the DLC.

You have settlements, they are yours.

Hostiles show up that you don't know, brandishing weapons. Your sentry guns don't ask questions either, they start mowing them down.

And the raiders aren't invited to your trapped Deathclaw vs. whatever cage fights, either.

I read your stuff just fine, I'm pointing out that even in this universe, you can't just randomly stumble into some private area full of psychotics and expect them to cut you into the action. Just like you can't automatically belong in a raider den even if the robot and mole rat races are cool, or the Combat Zone's fighting shows are cool.

Don't understand what's so hard to understand about elaborate shit that people enjoy that one isn't allowed to participate.
>>
>>342802007
The Incredible Hulk Average Bostonians? I thought they captured Boston townies pretty well desu.
>>
>Can go after Benny at any time
>Can handle Benny in a bunch of ways
>Literally cannot encounter Kellogg without being on the appropriate main quest
>Can handle Kellogg in exactly one way
>>
>>342802696
Kellogg doesn't exactly give you that choice. That's how it went down, Benny =/= Kellogg.
>>
>>342802494
So what about random NPC dialog in which they state they've been to the Combat Zone?

And they're not raiders. And sure they mention it's dangerous and you risk getting thrown in but they clearly didn't WIPE OUT everyone?
>>
>>342802651
Ah I see.

All this time I wondered where the fuck all these super mutants came from.

I forgot to take into account Red Sox fans.
>>
It's not just a bad Fallout game, it's a bad game period. And I'm baffled by how anyone can enjoy it.
>>
>>342802494
>A random guy walking into a bar / fight club is the same as an organized force of raiders who start shooting at you the moment they see your town

Also, genius, the traders are armed and don't get shot.
>>
Why does it have to be black and white with you
Is "I don't think it's that good" not a legitimate opinion?
>>
>>342802494
Because they deliberately designed the game that way. It's a missed opportunity and a tease. They probably had bigger ambitions for it at some point but decided to scrap it and make it a generic raider den. What's the fucking point of having a place called the combat zone that NPCs specifically draw your attention to if it's just a regular dungeon?
>>
>>342801130
Fallout 4 is a game full of missed opportunities like that.
>>
>>342802845
>>342802986
I've never run into that rando NPC.
>>
>>342803289
They did have a design at one point to allow people to do stuff in the Combat Zone, but it was changed during production, according to the Fallout Wiki.
>>
Why can't I ask questions in fallout 4? Why does no one give me answers to things? Why can't I forcepick locks or forcehack terminals? Why are there no cool unarmed abilities in the game?
Where are the unique weapons? Why aren't there barely any weapons in the game?
>>
>>342803014
>Why does it have to be black and white with you
we're used to bethesda logic
>>
>>342803640
I've seen one-hit silent throat slicings and judo moves out of my own character and rando NPCs fighting.
>>
The story is horrible but the gunplay is fine.

So all you're left with is a shoot and loot that isn't that good
>>
>>342803869
People today prefers decisions that doesn't force them to think.
>>
>>342803896
Those are more cinematic kill moves than actual fighting abilities.
>>
>>342804009
>So all you're left with is a shoot and loot that isn't that good
Frankly, it would had been fine if it had more loot. Not into Diablo clones but I can at least see the appeal.
>>
>>342788947
>can't kill anyone other than raiders
>no rpg elements
>sense of exploration raped by developer reliance on HUD
>general lies from Todd (the "people can say your name!" selling point was limited to one fucking line from Codsworth
There are literally thousands of things I could list that make Fallout 4 utter rubbish
>>
>>342804173
You weren't expecting Sleeping Dogs or Arkham Asylum/City level of hand to hand combat though were you? Not from a franchise that started out with a clunky turn-based generic melee and has not really been about the fighting all that much to date ...
>>
>>342788947
This fucking game KILLED the universe tbqh familia.
>Retconn jet and cryogenics
>Super mutants seem to exist all over America and no indication that they're suppose to be a rare, dying species
>Deathclaws in commonwealth for NO FUCKING REASON
>>
>>342804009
>the gunplay is fine
Why do people say this? It's not. The controls feel weird and the movement is too delayed. Melee and throwing are the same key. Criticals are tied to VATS and VATS is garbage. Enemy pathfinding is godawful. Raiders usually resort to spamming molotov cocktails which obnoxiously blind you. Ammo is absurdly plentiful so you can just spam bullets. Muzzle flash obstructs your vision. The gun modding system is boring and shallow (mostly just a direct upgrade with few choices to make). No ammo types. I could go on.
>>
>>342804417
I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do a leg sweep or a roundhouse or something like that.
>>
>>342804507
One of the Children of Atom in Far Harbor, when questioned, was an Enclave soldier before CoA found him and converted him (one of the quest givers, think it was Richter, yep:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Brian_Richter

Basically, anywhere the Enclave were, Deathclaws. After the Enclave on the Eastern coast fell apart, those deathclaws ended up in the wild just like the ones in the quarry in FNV, and so forth.
>>
>>342803640
Why Gorillas? Isn't there anything else you can make first like mice or I dunno lab rats?
>>
>>342804417
>game is not really about fighting
>it's literally all you do in the game
>>
>>342804417
I honestly expected it to be slightly better considering it's TES VI.V
>>
>>342804858
>misunderstands that the commenter didn't mean fighting in general to include gunplay, but specifically the hand to hand type.
>>
>>342788947
no the fuck they don't even the dipshit casuals are conplaining
>>
File: 1400391343517.jpg (121 KB, 450x357) Image search: [Google]
1400391343517.jpg
121 KB, 450x357
>>342788947
>Turn Fallout into a fairly simplistic shooter with base management
>Strip out all of the RP elements
>Dumb down the dialogues (Fallout's strong point from the start) even worse than Fo3 did.
>Can't even keep it's own lore in check or maintain a sense of continuity
>Mutants are still just orcs, raiders with a different skin
>Nothing interesting going on in the wasteland
It's like they really didn't pick up ANYTHING from all the things Obsidian did right with Nv and just turned Fallout another step closer to Cawadooty: Big bad mutants edition. It's another step backwards for the franchise.
The shooting things was okay, I guess.
>>
File: 1464300231230.png (30 KB, 786x590) Image search: [Google]
1464300231230.png
30 KB, 786x590
>>342788947
Is Fallout 4 worth the $30 it is right now?
>>
>>342805404
its not worth space on my harddrive
>>
>>342788947
You know a lot of people hate on this game. I can see why. Games have gotten so advanced we expect huge things from every AAA title. Hours upon hours of unique gameplay, interesting objectives, realistic artsy graphics, so on...

Fallout 4 is basically New Vegas+. Its got all the things 3 had plus customizable weapons, workshops, Chems, armor, legendary weapons, comics, yadda yadda. But they nerfed the dialog choices, so there's some fuel for the haters. Its a great game and if we didn't expect such huge advances in gaming we'd all enjoy it. But it didn't live up to our hype so it must be shit. Whatever...
>>
Serious question, why the fuck are there cats in FO4 I thought they went extinct
>>
>>342805492
KID
>>
>>342805492
Fun fact: if you kill a cat, you can collect cat meat. Haven't found any purpose for it yet though.
>>
File: Berserk_v30_p047.jpg (2 MB, 2500x3683) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v30_p047.jpg
2 MB, 2500x3683
I really enjoyed playing this when it first came out but the framerate issues were too much for me,

Im on a 980ti now so i think it shouldnt be as bad but are there any new addons that help with the framerate?
>>
File: Kyoko.png (79 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
Kyoko.png
79 KB, 240x240
>>342805454
>Fallout 4 is basically New Vegas+. Its got all the things 3

Except it doesn't. They completely removed the stats and streamlined literally every RPG element in the game, in favor of mediocre gunplay and ''muh voiced protagonist''
>>
Why play FO4 when I can just play Minecraft?
>>
>>342788947
Bethesda's Fallout games are fun. They don't deliver on the lore to a superautist level, but at least they used 4 as an opportunity to try to explain some of their mistakes. In fact Fallout 4 did some things really well:
>Powerarmor is more than just another shirt
>Took 3/NV's gunplay and made it not cancer
>Followers are genuinely interesting
>Weapon modding system, is pretty good
>Perk system makes every level much more exciting. Ask me about this, before you rage.
Seriously though; you've got some gripes with story which is fine; quite a bit seeped through the cracks, but compared to what Skyrim did to TES, this game actually improved compared to 3 (and NV because garbage engine is garbage)
>>
>>342805693
IN
>>
>>342802839
Pretty sure anyone who isn't retarded could figure out taking on someone in Power Armor with an arsenal of weaponry isn't the best idea.
>>
I don't understand people saying the gunplay improved, this is just my experience but
>all guns are hideous bulky heaps of junk
>takes 2 1/2 smg magazines point blank to kill a typical humanoid bullet-sponge
>hit-scan weapons featuring Todd Howard's farts as audio
>just gulp down 20 bottles of water anytime you are in danger
They did improve vats though
>>
It's better if you think of it less as a Fallout game and more as FarCraft.
>>
>>342805917
If there is a single good thing that came from FO4, check the steam reviews for it. It looks like a lot of people, even the audience Bethesda streamlined the game for, hated it. Maybe they will actually make an effort to make the next game actually feel like Fallout.
>>
>>342805968
FRIDGE
>>
>>342805693
>>342805968
>>342806309
You know how combos work, right?
>>
>>342805454
>>Fallout 4 is basically New Vegas+.
'the fuck you smokin'?
>>
>>342806221
idk about that, anon.
We might just get a remaster, just like Skyrim remastered.
>>
>>342805953
>Followers are genuinely interesting
Compared to 3 or most TES ones, sure, but NV had already nailed that. They had plenty of personality last I played it.
>>
File: 1425408208499.png (377 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
1425408208499.png
377 KB, 500x502
>>342805454
>Fallout 4 is basically New Vegas+
>New Vegas+
>+
I don't know what you are smoking but I want some too.
>>
>>342806221
Did it make money ? Reviews be damned
>>
>>342805953
Power armor improvement was great
Gunplay is still the same really.
NV followers are on the same page as fallout 4's followers
Weapon modding system tried to cover up the fact the game has barely any weapons.

Ohkay how the fuck does the perk system make leveling exciting when levels are unlimited.
>>
>>342806073
Something about 3/NV made the simple act of aiming in combat atrociously clunky.
Also the weapons visually have some kick, even if the problems in balance exist (as they did in 3 and NV). You're either ahead of the curve and one shot everything, or behind it and suddenly every enemy is a bullet sponge.
>>
>>342805454
>nerfed dialogue choices
>New Vegas+
I see
>>
>>342805404
No. Maybe consider it again next year once all the DLC is out and you can mod it properly.
>>
>>342797435
Which is ironic since the female option was clearly shoehorned in at the last minute. There's evidence that Beth originally intended the game's protag to be male-only.
>>
>>342806465
I wouldn't mind seeing a New Vegas Remastered. I'd rather see Fallout die than have Bethesda continue to limp to the barn with whatever shit ideas they have. I doubt it will come to that though, FO4 might have been poorly received by actual players but it did sell incredibly well. My guess is FO5 will either be handed off to a different company with Bethesda still publishing it, or Bethesda will try and make a copy of FO3 and expect universal praise like before.
>>
>>342797512
Welcome to 4chan, home of actual fans of the Fallout franchise.
>>
File: b8 za dusto.webm (464 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
b8 za dusto.webm
464 KB, 1280x720
>>342788947
>>
>>342805454
>remove everything good about NV
>polish up the graphics a bit
>NV+
>>
I will be honest here. Even tho I absolutely liked NV, it was better than 3 for me. But overall i prefer 4 over NV.

4 does have shit quests and writing but the overall gameplay mechanics that improved (vats, gunplay, animations, enemies, etc) , more exploration, better companions, short pre-war stories in random optional locations, the dense urban setting compared to the empty desert of NV, the graphical improvements, etc, trumps 4 over NV for me.
>>
>>342806847
>I'd rather see Fallout die
I remember reading that this is/was pretty much Avellone's plan. That humanity is going to nuke itself again, only this time it won't come back.
Which fits perfectly well and the NV dlc's kinda prepared for that.
>>
>>342806573
>>342806734
Bethesda makes Fallout; crappy followers
Obsidian makes Fallout; good followers
Bethesda makes a second Fallout; learned to make better followers
>Gunplay is still the same really.
The act of shooting is 100x better than the previous titles. I don't know exactly what the problem was, but simply aiming at an enemy and shooting him was clunky and felt unrewarding.
>Weapon modding system tried to cover up the fact the game has barely any weapons.
While you're not wrong, the modding systems is pretty neato, without being totally pointless.
>Ohkay how the fuck does the perk system make leveling exciting when levels are unlimited.
Most 'oldschool' rpg games are based off of a DnD like system. To put it simply: noone liked when you leveled and only got +1 BAB. Sure it makes you a little more competent in combat but it's boring.
Fallout 3/NV's leveling systems had stats which are cool and all but didn't mean jack shit unless you hit a multiple of 25.
Having unlimited levels kills builds, which is a problem.
>>
>>342807004
>NV is an empty desert
I want this meme to die
>>
>>342806845
>Shoehorned
I remember that they only showed the male protag and everyone flipped their collective tits, but does this show anywhere? You can't just shoehorn a gorillion voiced lines, female customization etc.
>>
>>342799475
>I trust what a guy like Milo says to be the truth
>>
Is it just me or anyone else here thinks the Fallout 4 main story was a similar to the Witcher 1?
>>
It's all the tiny things in this game that piss me off.

>every time I pull out the 44 my character feels a need to spin it
>this can't be canceled

>trying to talk to sleeping NPC
>have to wait an agonizingly long time for their wake up animation to finish

>trying to talk to NPC
>click on dialogue choice
>they move out of the way and instead fire my weapon

>pick up an audio tape
>open up the pip-boy to listen to it
>instead of clicking on a convenient menu button I have to manually scroll through the multiple categories that for some fucking reason fade out and clicking on them is incredibly finicky

>trying to change characters appearances
>all the keys are counter-intuitive
>space for select and then E for confirm
Why the fuck do you even need to confirm it?

Did they not test any of this shit?
>>
My main gripes were that the game is way too fucking easy even on survival, and the gun selection is just terrible. Overseers guardian breaks the game early on and heavy weapons are total shit. I never got into a fight I thought I'd lose, deathclaws are supposed to be fast and intimidating, not slow, bigass lizards you can gun down in a couple shots. The exploration and environments were done well, but looting materials is such a bitch early on and doesn't really offer much benefit until later in the game.
>>
>>342807580
I found that not investing in the skills that increase Pistol, Non-auto/auto rifles damage is the way to go. Just upgrade them normally.
>>
>>342807301
NV was an empty desert anon. The areas worth exploring were not fully fleshed out and many areas were essentially caves with a handful of ammo and assorted shitty loot. NV has a lot of character, I guess the whole desolate wasteland theme was what they were going for, but I can see why a lot of people dislike it. There's no real contiguity to most areas and no reason to go back to an area you've cleared out.
>>
>Fallout 3/NV's leveling systems had stats which are cool and all but didn't mean jack shit unless you hit a multiple of 25.

That's not true, there were other thresholds, at least for NV. The skill leveling system gave you a choice of building the character you wanted. Wanted to make a pure merchant character? You can do that in NV by pumping up nothing but Speech and Barter. You can't do that in Fallout 4 because you're restricted by level requirements. NV also had more interesting perks because they weren't taken up by boring and even sometimes 'mandatory' shit like +20% damage or "can open expert locks" which were previously determined by skill level.
>>
>>342807580
>Looting
Anyone else get really fucking pissed finding PIPE weaponry in millitary bunkers? Of all things Bethesda adds it's fucking pipe weapons and Nuka cherry. Two shitty things nobody liked in fallout 2. Was it too hard to add the same weapons from fallout 3 and New vegas like .38 magnum, chinese assault rifle or even cowboy repeaters?
>>
>>342807848
I'd rather have open desert wasteland instead of boarded up prop buildings dotted all over the map. I get really fucking tired of this.
>>
>>342807890
I'm kind of surprised people are getting anal over things like that despite the game having shit like "legendary robot mutated" and gets surrounded by green shit that instantly heals it and after you get a rolling pin that does 25% damage against animals for some reason.
>>
>>342807842
I'll try that on my next playthrough, I've still yet to install far harbor. I was rolling with a full auto explosive 10mm handgun and the explosive tommygun and having a lot of fun.

>>342807890
This drove me fucking insane. Master and expert level pre war safes filled with pipe revolvers and a fork or some other asinine object that doesn't belong in a safe. Whats more is that after level 15 pipe weapons are generally horrid. I feel like they were trying really hard to push the heavy bulky weapon feel on us and that didn't really blend well with the weapons you mentioned. I really wish they had the chinese assault rifle, even if it was shit I'd use it.
>>
>>342807890
>>342808280
>tfw there will never be a gun as great as the Mysterious Magnum ever again
>>
>>342808280
Never touched the pipe rifle in my playthroughs. Always stick with 10mm and double barrel shotgun. Pipe weapons are fucking atrocious. And I would much prefer the older game guns because they were actually sleek and believable firearms and not this exhaust pipe looking bullshit they call an Assault rifle...
>>
>>342808104
Don't get me wrong, the desert was a huge part of what made NV great. The problem was that they left so much of it really barren and rushed areas that could have been really interesting. The whole northern/eastern area outside of the strip was awesome in terms of atmosphere, the sewers were especially interesting, but they were all just for minor bullshit quests most players didn't even bother doing. The airport near the bottom of the map was criminally underused. So much could have been done to add to the game without taking away from the wasteland feel of the game.
>>
it's not really fun but i'm playing anyway.

goddamn settlers fucking up my Spectacle Island.
>>
>>342808434
>He's not using the Ranger Sequoia
What are you doing wrong?
Was pretty happy to see it added in Fallout 4 as a mod.
>>
>>342808673
I like MM's sound more
>>
>>342789748

>2016
>keeping images anime on your hardrive
>keeping edgelord tier anime ontop of this

such amazing art styling holyshit wow dark souls best action fighting game where all the true players come meet
>>
>>342788947
>themed sandbox shooter
>fallout
when will this meme end
>>
>>342807890
Lever-actions returned to the game in the Far Harbor DLC. And Garden Gnomes. Glorious, glorious Garden Gnomes.
>>
>>342809074
>Left handed reload animation
It's really clear that Bethesda gives no fucks about the fallout franchise anymore.
>>
File: modding.png (311 KB, 961x679) Image search: [Google]
modding.png
311 KB, 961x679
What went so horribly wrong?
>>
>>342807394
The fact that her backstory blatantly contradicts her as-protagonist persona should be proof enough. She was clearly designed to be the hero's stereotypical 1950s tradition wife, not a heroic wasteland combatant.
>>
>>342810147
you did. kys plox
>>
>>342807004
>I will be honest here. Even tho I absolutely liked NV, it was better than 3 for me. But overall i prefer 4 over NV.
Angry Joe please leave. Nobody here likes you.
>>
>>342810147
I'm honestly just impressed Skyrim has that many DLs
>>
File: Berserk_v30_p026.jpg (2 MB, 2500x3673) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v30_p026.jpg
2 MB, 2500x3673
>>342805782
Anyone?
>>
>>342810147
>Skyrim mods 932.99m DLs

>Morrowind mods 7.49m DLs

JUST
>>
File: ScreenShot448.jpg (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot448.jpg
1 MB, 1600x900
>>342788947
After I modded it to not look like shit it's pretty great. Atleast for exploring, not a fan of the very specific character the SS is pushed to.
>>
>>342810147
Having an existence 5x greater in length?
>>
>>342810470
Pretty sure Morrowind is older than Nexus.
>>
>>342810221
She's got so little backstory as is that they had to write for the role. Not only would it be easy to change it compared to what they had to do to make her playable, but it's seriously like "I WAS A LAWYER AND SHIT". Also fuck, Fallout 3's protag was a literal shut in with the weapons experience of shooting a roach with a bb gun, and NV's was a man who should be dead.
>>
>>342810147
Are you retarded?

The real underperformer is FO3, which is no fucking surprise.

FO4 is on track to meet Skyrim at least.
>>
>>342810463
There is one. IIRC it's called Lowering the Settings.
>>
>>342810147
Didn't the actual modding tools just come out recently?
>>
File: Untitled.png (618 KB, 853x483) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
618 KB, 853x483
>>342810383
Who?
>>
File: Screenshot-2016-03-27-17.17.jpg (151 KB, 1067x600) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2016-03-27-17.17.jpg
151 KB, 1067x600
>>342810762
Jose Vargas, aka Angry Joe. Host of the Angry Joe Show on YouTube.
>>
>>342788947
>Genuine fans of the Fallout universe love it.

Fuck you.
>>
>>342803014
It's the only logic they are exposed to when playing Bethesda games
>>
>>342810846

oh this pleb faggot
>>
>>342795206
Thats some HOT opinion you have there

I've beat both F1&2 and I enjoyed F3 FNV and F4

Fallout 4 much less so than the others because really after a certain point you notice how vapid the gameplay is
>>
>>342810846
Didn't peso hungry paco give Skyrim a 10/10 Skyrim was fun but was nothing to sneeze at.
>>
>>342805953
Power Armour is a straight improvement, but it's power system is retarded and breaks lore

No point in having slightly better gunplay if you have no weapons in the game

Nick and MacCready are the only good companions, Just like Raul and ED-E

Modding system is basic as shit and is missing a lot of stuff they showed at E3

Skill system is better in every way
>>
>>342811819
>Power Armour is a straight improvement, but it's power system is retarded and breaks lore
It's a very difficult balancing job: suit usage is limited early game, when it's OP, and unlimited late game, when it's less OP. Same as giving you a minigun with limited ammo or a mininuke launcher that's almost broke. Since everyone makes their own path, there's almost no way to regulize the amount of cores you get.
>No point in having slightly better gunplay if you have no weapons in the game
Gunplay is more than slightly better, and there are plenty of weapons in game. And I'm the guy who always needs a sniper, semi-auto rifle, autorifle, shotgun, pistol, and sometimes more on hand.
>Nick and MacCready are the only good companions, Just like Raul and ED-E
Nice rhyme. Also subjective. I love Nick and Deacon.
>Modding system is basic as shit and is missing a lot of stuff they showed at E3
What is it missing from E3?
>Skill system is better in every way
That's not an argument.
>>
>>342788947
if gaem is good, then yes.
>>
>>342798156
>referencing a shitty fucking movie and by far the worst of the four
No, seriously, is that supposed to somehow make it better?

It's fucking lazy and shows how careless they are about Fallout anymore. Todd used to really be about the games, it was his dream to create games. It's all just about money now to him, and low and behold his games have gone to shit. How surprising.
>>
>>342805291

/thread
>>
>>342812612
They shouldn't be giving out power armour that early in the game, It should be extremely late game unless you go brotherhood

Gunplay is still miles behind other RPGs and its lost the satisfaction you got when using Pistols and Shotguns in 3/NV

Also there are jack shit for weapons in this game for vanilla (DLC doesn't add much either)

2 pistols
2 revolvers
4 rifles
1 SMG
2 Shotguns
3 pipe guns
5 heavy weapons
5 energy
7 "uniques" (alien blaster, junk jet)
20 melee weapons (lots of useless ones like rolling pin and cane)
4 unarmed

>What is it missing from E3
One attachment can be made from different materials (You could use tape instead of glue, stuff like that) and depending on which you used the modification would come out different

Saying something is not an argument does not make it invalid
>>
File: 1453789938939.jpg (463 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453789938939.jpg
463 KB, 800x1200
>>342812869
>It's fucking lazy and shows how careless they are about Fallout anymore. Todd used to really be about the games, it was his dream to create games. It's all just about money now to him, and low and behold his games have gone to shit. How surprising.
Implying they were careful about the franchise to begin with.
>>
>>342813662
>They shouldn't be giving out power armour that early in the game, It should be extremely late game unless you go brotherhood
I take it you haven't played Fallout 2, then, where you can get fucking Enclave armor like an hour into the game.
>>
>>342813734
that's not how you spell cesspool
>>
>>342813815
FO2 doesn't just hand you the armor though, there's a bit of effort involved and you have to know it's possible to obtain that early in the first place
>>
>>342788947
Middle ground desu
It was fun the first couple hours but towards the endgame shit it was so droll and boring
I don't even care to play the DLCs
>>
>>342813815
If it's your second playthrough then yeah

You can get PA an hour early in Fallout 1 too if you cheese the quest like a fag, but even then you won't know how to do that on the first playthrough unless you use a guide, just because you can doesn't mean you should
>>
>>342813734
The canon has never been this constantly shit on as it has been with FO4. I seriously don't want ESVI to ever come out because it'll just be so fucking disappointing.
>>
>>342813976
you don't know what droll means
>>
>>342788947

I honestly wish you were dead.

Really, I don't care if this is your honest opinion, a troll thread fishing for (you)'s, or what, I just wish you were dead and gone and that nobody mourned your passing.
>>
File: 1430428024130.jpg (492 KB, 600x496) Image search: [Google]
1430428024130.jpg
492 KB, 600x496
>>342798268
>Call of Chernobyl
>>
>>342797689

The problem is that without the carrot that is loot and shit to find for the carrot on a stick that is exploration, there's no real drive to go anywhere because there's nothing fucking anywhere, there's only the stick that Bethesda's shoved up your asswallet.

"Hey here's this new area gee I wonder what I'll find oh look raiders/super mutants scaled roughly to my level I guess I'll just kill them because there's obviously nothing else for me to do here oh no a legendary mob I'll just kill that too and look he dropped a piece of loot oh its a left leg armor piece with some shitty enchantment on it. This was such an exciting trip of discovery and exploration oh wait no it wasn't any of those things."
>>
File: 9374201843.jpg (71 KB, 334x387) Image search: [Google]
9374201843.jpg
71 KB, 334x387
>>342788947
>Contrarian hipsters who hate popular things
>>
>>342789748
fpbp, Fo4 is shit, no repalyability, a story whriten on a sheet of toilet paper, less complexity, less freedom of choice, less weapons, New vegas was better because as shitty as its combat system and graphics where, the story was amazin, so mods could just compensate for the rest, but Fo4 is shit on precisely what mods can't fix, you can't expand on the existing story because you can only work with the dub material you have, thats why its shit, its unfixable
>>
>>342788947
I love it. My favorite in the franchise and maybe favorite game of all time.
>>
>>342795990
>The great majority of the rest of the world does like it.

Naw. The great majority bought it, played it and forgot about it. Even Reddit is starting to realize what a shallow, heartless cashgrab it was.
>>
>>342806073
There is actually a mod that makes the weapons not hit-scan. Was really surprised to see it.
>>
File: misterjamesonnolikecandybar.png (808 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
misterjamesonnolikecandybar.png
808 KB, 562x530
>>342788947
Actually I don't like the game because it's poorly programmed and crashed under an hour of playing. Not like the story was at all interesting, it's literally Fallout 3's story except now you're looking for your kid instead of your dad. Don't really see many genuine fans of the Fallout universe anymore, but I can tell that you care more about a shitty narrative than an actual good game.
>Supporting Bethesda
>>
File: 1452157992744.gif (2 MB, 488x291) Image search: [Google]
1452157992744.gif
2 MB, 488x291
>>342788947
>>
File: 1454305019925.png (176 KB, 425x280) Image search: [Google]
1454305019925.png
176 KB, 425x280
It's an empty husk of a world, at least I can find some enjoyment in building cool houses..
>>
>>342800458
>Fellow gamers
Fuck off
Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.