[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mcree is op >Whaaaa Widow is op >Junkrat is cancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>Mcree is op
>Whaaaa Widow is op
>Junkrat is cancer
>Nerf Mei

No, no, no, These two heroes ruin the fucking game. Prove me wrong.
>>
Fuck off. Reinhardt is fucking easy to kill.
>>
>>342760120
>Ruin the game
>Reinhardt literally the most balanced Tank in the game.

He's actually fairly weak on offense and the softest tank to flankers.
>>
remove hanamura

BOOM

game is good
>>
>>342760120
damn you must be really bad if you cant kill reinhardt

t. reinhardt player
>>
>>342760223
>fairly weak on offense
Not really. His hits are hard he got enough hp and swings it 180 degree.
>>
>>>342760223
>>342760206
t. salty Reinhardt main
>>
>>342760120
Mercy has her ult charge a tad bit too quickly I agree.

But... Reinhardt?

Really?

He's not shit but he's so average at everything its pathetic.
>>
File: MI0003146038.jpg (21 KB, 360x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0003146038.jpg
21 KB, 360x400
lol mercy is too eazy to kill if you aim for her
and fighting reinhardts (i never play him) is one of the funnest parts of the game for me
>mfw tactically flanking and hitting him from his back whilst he doesn't suspect a thing, after getting killed by him so much
>>
>>342760120
According to what I've seen of competitive play, Mercy and Lucio are on both teams at all times. There's an overreliance on Mercy's ult, which is charged for over half the game, and let's people play like retards more often.
>>
>>342760345
>Drop shield
>Die instantly because no shield HP/Low armor HP

Reinhardt's strongest and safest ability is his melee hit.

Fire blast and Charge have too long animations/Actively screw up his role.

Reinhardt needs a way to cancel his charge, until then, he is only useful as a walking shield.
>>
>>342760120
>every character is OP
so just use the OP characters and win and collect all that prize money, right?
>>
>>342760501
Hes a smash character in a shooter.

>Wait for ult to charge
>Shift into enemy blob
>Q
>Smack smack smack
>Follow up Mercy Q
>Smack smack smack

That is cancer gameplay.
>>
>>342760676
Then you are just bad. You have to know when to change from defense into offense with rein. Charge can fuck everyone up. And his fire blast is fast.
>>
File: 1464810158853.png (298 KB, 364x405) Image search: [Google]
1464810158853.png
298 KB, 364x405
>>342760561
Mercy's ult is too good, but without it she's much worse than Lucio.

Honestly I would rather have her ult give all allies in range a 10 second damage buff like her right click instead or something.

Just something different to "whoops you didn't see the Mercy behind that wall, now you lost the game".
>>
>>342760120
mercy, lucio, rein are the nukes you build
you'd rather not use them, but the other guys got 'em so you gotta have 'em too

except in OW people use their nukes

imo they don't need major changes; the rest of the cast (especially as blizzard adds to it) need to do better about providing viable alternatives.
>>
>>342760883
I don't like that she can use her ult like 10 seconds after they died.
>>
>Not just murdering the Mercy first

I main Mercy and I applaud people who do this, you have multiple characters that can circumvent the environment and murder my ass dead before I can even blink.
>>
>>342760883
This
>>
>>342760120
The game is boring so who the fuck cares?

ticks and hitboxes aren't even F2P tier
>>
>>342761043
valvedrone please leave
>>
>>342761015
>Mercy hides behind a wall
>Q

She is easy to kill, but shes still broken as shit.
>>
>>342761113

>Its the games fault you don't have situational awareness
>Its the games fault you don't make sure where the Mercy is before making a big push and making sure she's dead first

Stop being a baby and git gud
>>
>>342760305
>hanamura
Route 66*
>>
>>342761278
>git gud
You mean press Q better.
>>
>>342761495

>I can't find a character that is constantly healing someone with a giant piss stream and kill them
>Because of this they pressed Q and brought her teammates back
>Blizzard pls nerf

You're a baby.
>>
>>342761606
You play against shit Mercys.
>>
>>342761606
>Heroes that are a mandatory pick
>Balanced

Press Q harder you Blizzard cock sucking faggot.
>>
>>342760883
It should be changed that once her ult is activated, the heroes she rez are progressively healed rather than back up at 100% right away
>>
>Reinhardt
Seriously? He's probably the easiest tank to kill. I'll give you some free tips.
>get behind him
or
>get above him
Yeah that was so hard.

>Mercy
Her ult gets charged a little too quickly, but that's it. She's not even the best healer though
>>
>>342760120
I think Mercy's ult needs adjustments. Reinheardt is fine, I'd say. Sure, he's strong, but any changes to him should be minor. He's not that hard to counter, but is more often than not the best choice as a counter when you are looking at tanks.

Mercy's ult regens just a bit too quickly, (source: 13 hours in mercy with an over 60% win rate.) but otherwise I think she's good. I'm not sure if it should be changed completely or what.
Honestly it might not even be that overpowered, just that in Quick Play people aren't smart enough to properly target a Mercy. I think once we see higher level competitive play we can really see what's actually an issue and what is just a product of a lot of inexperienced or casual players.

The cast seems to be very balanced as it is, but no matter how balanced it is I will always hate Hanzo
>>
File: 1259973765799.jpg (37 KB, 450x403) Image search: [Google]
1259973765799.jpg
37 KB, 450x403
>>342761835
>not even the best healer

who is?
>>
>>342762320
Lucio, it's not even close
>>
>>342762320
Lucio by miles.
>>
Mercy's ult is a bit snowbally. When you're winning, you tend to keep winning since you can quickly get back to strength with it. But when you're *losing*, chances are either 1) the Mercy is getting regularly killed, so she's too dead to make plays with it or 2) even if she did use the ult, she'd just revive a part of her team surrounded by the enemy, ensuring them quick second deaths.

If they lower her ult recharge, they'd have to give her something to counteract the loss in the way of utility or suitability since Lucio has both for days.
>>
>>342762463
>>342762624
>Mercy Q
gg ez
>>
>>342760120
No shit. Healers and tanks ruin every game.
>>
>>342762320
Lucio is better than Mercy in every way shape and form. Mercy's Ult is the only thing she has over him. If Mercy's Ult gets nerfed Lucio NEEDS to be nerfed as well or else there is literally no reason not to pick him in every situation. You may as well not even have any other support characters that aren't Lucio.
>>
>>342762895
The best healer. The best. At healing. This is not Mercy. Lucio will almost always have a higher number of damage points healed. He is the better healer.

Who's the best? Who has the most potential to win or turn around a game? That's a different story. The person who is best at healing the team is objectively Lucio.
>>
File: zenyatta.png (77 KB, 294x232) Image search: [Google]
zenyatta.png
77 KB, 294x232
Meanwhile, Zen is fucking useless.
>>
>>342760676
>useful as a walking (2000hp)shield
That's pretty fucking important for a tank.
>>
>>342762895
I fucking dare you to get a gold medal in healing when you have a Lucio on the same team.
>>
Nerf Lucio's group heal
Buff mercy outside of her q
Nerf mercy's q
>>
>>342762879
They need to nerf Lucio in addition to that.
>>
>>342763269
I think it's pretty well known that he is underpowered. I'm looking forward to his eventual buff.
A buff to him combined with the rumor of the next hero to be released being a support will make the game a lot more interesting. I'd love to have more picks for support, since it's practically a necessity to have one.

>>342760676
Dude, you are just shit. I have a few hours in Reinhardt and his charge is very good. Fire blast isn't the best but Christ, you really must have no idea how to use charge if you think it's bad. I've gotten so many triple kills or double kills on charge. It's such a useful way to take out medics or specific heroes in a pack or to tear apart a Torb and his turret. And if you combine it with your ult, you can practically take back a full point in KOTH just by yourself.
>>
>>342763269
I really like his kit but it adds up to less than the sum of its parts.

>>342763134
A lot of that healing is on Lucio himself, since he can take hits so much better than a lot of other characters due to his insane regen and movement.

But I don't even really think it's the "healing numbers" that make Lucio valuable, but the utility and options he provides a team. Catch a mercy by herself and you'll take a few pistol shots to the head before getting a quick kill. Catch a Lucio and you have to try, since the fucker can bounce you around and put out pretty decent damage while healing perpetually.
>>
File: The Vape Embraces You.png (255 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
The Vape Embraces You.png
255 KB, 700x700
>>342763269
Use Discord with M2 my dude, eat those tanks.
>>
>>342763564
Her Q will still be an erase everything the enemy team just did button. Shes broken on a fundamental level.
>>
>>342763790
She has to stop and stand still while using it. If any of the enemy team is paying the slightest bit of attention then her ult is also a suicide pill. The newly revived team is then without a healer, not a good spot to be in.
>>
File: mercyme.jpg (416 KB, 987x812) Image search: [Google]
mercyme.jpg
416 KB, 987x812
>>342760120
>finally get enough Overwatch Funbux to get Mercy Devil skin
>go into a game with it
>'cool mercy skin'
>mfw
>>
>>342763269
You know nothing of orbs. Discord is absolutely devastating, healing is a great bonus, and his projectiles are high damage, no spread, fast travel speed, high ammo, etc.
>>
>>342763706
Lucio has better movement options but his gun is actually weaker than Mercy's
>>
>>342760120
You're wrong.
>>
>>342763917
you can literally hit q while flying and it insta rezzes everyone around you. you dont even have to go through a motion or line like every other hero.

t. just did it at the last point on the russian map
>>
>>342763962
>wearing the succubus (male) skin

dirty whore
>>
>>342764065
It's not about the weapon dps. Lucio can use his gun WHILE also fulfilling his job of healing, which automatically includes himself no matter what allied positioning is like. It's the movement + knockback potential + autoregen + damage output all at the same time that makes him work.
>>
>>342763962
>heroes never die, for a price
Overwatch needs more little details like this.
>>
>>342763706
Oh absolutely, I agree. I don't really play much of Lucio but I play a lot of Mercy, and she has virtually no options to attack, even with her pistol. More often than not I find myself just escaping with her flight ability and get a teammate to help me out. And in my experience at least it's far more effective than trying to fight.

And having to kill an even somewhat decent Lucio is a big chore for almost every character in the game, he's so agile and obnoxious. Plus, while Mercy can undo the deaths caused by the enemy team with her ult, Lucio can prevent deaths from the enemy team with his ult. I'd say Mercy's is still better but Lucio's ult is very useful. and a pain in my ass

>>342764065
Really? Never knew that. Still, he doesn't have to be holding a giant stick 99% of the time, so I think it kind of works out. His gun is weaker, but he has far more opportunities to shoot.
>>
>>342763134
>>342763401
>sucking Lucios dick this hard

Yeah have fun when your entire team is scattered around the map or outside your area. Lucia's heal is slow as fuck, even with his E.
>>
>>342763269
his skillcap is too high and his skillfloor is too low for /v/
>>
Get rid of the big flashing warning symbol on D.va's ult for the love of god. Being able to see it through walls and shit is retarded. If someone wants to walk around a corner after she has done the audio for it, that is their fucking fault. Don't give them yet another layer of hand holding.
>>
>>342760423
what does t. mean? Were you too lazy to type "The"? Or is this some new maymay
>>
>>342764297
Yeah, Lucio's ult is far from bad. It's harder to use not because its weaker, but because it requires the team to actually capitalize on the fact that they're functionally invincible for a few seconds. If they realize this and push to destroy the turrets that have been holding them back all game it can really be a breakout move.

>>342764382
No doubt. For everyone else, too though. He's one of the least popular characters at every level.
>>
>>342764286
Mercy has her ult all the fucking time, heals people from critical conditions faster, can damage boost people to crazy levels to make some people crazy, and her full-auto pistol is way better defense, faster than Lucio's shots, and good extra suppression at times.

But really, building ult charge 5 times as fast as Lucio is huge.
>>
>>342760120
Lucio is actually the biggest problem right now.
>>
>>342764471
i agree, the mech suit already glows. one visual clue is enough.
>>
>>342764838
And she can only do one of those amazing things at a time. That, her low HP, and her team-centric movement is her balance.
>>
>>342760120

No they're fine. The latency in this game is what's op. I'm sick of dying behind walls or only having a half second to react to something that according to the enemy I had 3 seconds to react to.

It's why Mei and all melee attacks are so annoying. I dare you to try and get the same kills you see a genji get in a PoTG. You can't.

Competitive might fix this and that would be great. But if it doesn't, I'd much rather just play CoD since it's the same shit.
>>
Reinhardt is probably one of the more balanced characters in the game and Mercy is worthless since Lucio does her job a hundred times better.
>>
>mercy walks in on point
>Rezes everyone and negates all ults used in a team fight
>doesn't even have a cast time, can litterally just walk in and press q

I've seen her ult activate like 3 times when we were on last point in over time. I don't understand why such a powerful ability is unstoppable and charges so quickly.
>>
the biggest problem in the game is no server browser, only 6v6 and a handful of maps with more than half of them being shit.
>>
>>342765087
It's easy to switch. Better than Lucio's mode switch, even, because she does her job fast instead of just sitting waiting for it. Without amp it up (which is only 3 seconds long), his healing doesn't cover anything.
>>
>>342760883
>get revived as Roadhog
>instantly mined by a Junkrat
>charged by a Rein
>rocketed by a Pharah
>shot by McCree
>etc
>die

Her rez really isn't that good. If the enemy team is killing your team consistently enough that you need to use it on more than 1 or 2 people they're competent enough to rekill your entire team.
>>
>>342764736
Its short for regards in Finnsh
>>
>>342765175
This is the biggest problem, I'm at 15 ping pretty much always but a good 1/3 of my deaths happened when I was behind cover on my screen
>>
>>342765215
>charges so quickly.

It charges from healing damage. Damage inflicted to your team by the enemy. Which is how they charge THEIR ults.

Roadhog may be a Mercy's best friend for building ults, but she can expect about 4 of them coming her way shortly after she gets her own.
>>
>>342765434
thank you
>>
>>342765364
It hard counters those team wipe ults that everyone layers to secure the team kill.

Its basically necessary to have a mercy to counter this bullshit.

Zennyattas ult should counter all debuffs so it can also hard counter ult spam
>>
>>342760120
prove yourself right
>>
>>342765175
>>342765461
I'm sick of getting pulled out from walls by the hog'd hook, only to see my deathcam that makes me look I'm just standing in the open like a chump.
>>
>>342763750
Reinhart kills Zenyatta in two hits.
>>
>>342760676

You just need to learn to git gud. Fire Strike is a great way to finish off weak opponents when they try to escape after you smack them around with your hammer. Charge will instantly kill anyone with 250 HP or less and heroes above that will be killed by subsequent melee attacks unless they have help or use an ult.

>>342763269

He's too weak. His healing isn't on par with Mercy or Lucio and his HP is too low for the offensive role that he's suppose to play. Can he still get one-shotted from a Widow bodyshot?
>>
HEAD ESTABLISHED Is op as fuck but that's because mercy is such a shit support compared to lucio.

Mei IS cancer though

Mcskillet is still OP but everyone saw him get nerfed and ran away. Which is good enough
>>
>>342766034
>Can he still get one-shotted from a Widow bodyshot?
takes 2 now, but with how fast she can rattle them off, it still doesnt make much difference.
>>
File: 1423441132950.png (529 KB, 581x674) Image search: [Google]
1423441132950.png
529 KB, 581x674
>>342765939
>be behind a fucking wall
>get hooked and pull through it to instantly die

YOU THINK YOU WANT HIGHER THAN 20 TICK RATE, BUT YOU DON'T :^)
>>
>>342766005
>getting that close
You deserve to get killed.
>>
>>342766034
>His healing isn't on par with Mercy or Lucio and his HP is too low for the offensive role that he's suppose to play. Can he still get one-shotted from a Widow bodyshot?

His healing is decent, somewhere in between Mercy's and Lucio's. His damage output is insane and his discord orb even helps your teammates damage. They nerfed Widowmaker's body shots to 120 so she can't one shot him anymore. I think he's actually pretty decent if you protect him well enough.
>>
>>342765215
>such a powerful ability is unstoppable
Kill her before she gets it off. This is why I always single out the Mercy if I know some time has passed since chances are she has her ult up.
>>
>>342763269
zenyatta buff idea
>50 extra shield
>ult also debuffs enemies to receive 30% extra damage while they are in the circle.

that's it. just do that.
>>
>>342766556
Yeah but she just has to dash in and press q.

Like you need something to deal 200 damage instantly or stun her while shes dashing.
>>
>>342760120
>Nerf Mei

wew lad she needs to be axed completely.
>>
>>342766556
Since it is instantaneous, it's a bit difficult to do so before she gets it off with her shift ability.
>>
>>342766774
>wew lad she needs to be axed completely.

Such a horrible character design, shes basically natasha heavy 2.0
>>
>>342766774
I swear every Mei I have is an enemy plant. They build ice walls between me and 1 enemy, so that when the wall comes down the enemy has had a chance to regroup and there are 3 or 4 now to deal with. I ult and *pop* another ice wall, can't hit shit. I'm fighting next to her and she takes a scrach and ices over herself, leaving me to get horribly raped.

I'd say she needs a massive rework but I don't know how any of this shit is salvageable.
>>
>>342766897
Large-scale removal of control is never fun in a game.

It's half the reason why people were so (rightfully) salty about HOL UP
>>
>>342767042
Whoa now hol up
>>
>>342766917
People need to use her icewall offensively.
Like it's always a bad idea when she throws it infront of herself.

Something like, it debuffs enemies near it so she can get better long shots off or something.
Something to promote the whole, seperate the enemy from their allies.
>>
>>342766774
all mei needs is for her slow to be removed from her primary fire. still have it freeze people if it stay on long enough, but have the slow ult only.
>>
>>342764750

For everyday pubs he's infuriating to play since no one tries to protect healers and he has absolutely nothing to escape or position with like Mercy's dash/hover or Lucio's wall ride and speed buffs. He's supposed to make that up with being able to dish out obscene damage but his low health throws a wrench into any battle of attrition against an enemy. He had higher health before but that was when discord was insane so I doubt they would buff his health in a major way. It's almost always better to have another healing support on a team with a Zen anyway.

I think he just needs some sort of mobility buff. A hover/float akin to Pharah would work. He can then position better so he can assist with orbs or make smart use terrain to get out of sight but can't sanic out of danger like the other two healers.
>>
>>342766917
i'd say report all mei players because 99% of them do that ice wall on purpose but blizzard is beyond incompetent in dealing with hackers much less idiots
>>
>>342766729
I've found that Pharah can deal with Mercy almost too easily. Two direct hit rockets with Pharah can do it. Most of the time the Mercy will tunnelvision and you're free to shoot her either above or behind her.

>>342766917
There's a reason why she's rated 3-star difficulty. You need to have mathematical knowledge of geometry and preferably topology if you want the walls to be effective as possible.

Most people can't figure out optimal positioning for breaking line of sight in your opponent and maximizing their travel time to you.
>>
File: 919.png (63 KB, 398x570) Image search: [Google]
919.png
63 KB, 398x570
>>342767194
If Mei would use the ice wall to divide the enemy team, and use the self heal to avoid ults and otherwise self sustain between combat, that would be one thing. But it's hard not to believe that every Mei is attracted by the waifuness of the character and is just pushing buttons with no fucking plan at all.
>>
>>342767042
At least his shit lasted .5 seconds, didn't remove control before hand, and he didn't restun you immediately when you leave the stun.

>Lets make a disable
>lets have the disable slow the enemy player down
>lets have the stun also slow down the players turn speed
>but lets make the disable take a while to start so the player has to play with shitty controls for longer
>lets also make her right click take a second to wind up so she HAS to stand staring at you for just a moment
>>
I basically prioritize killing mercy now but my team is normally too brain dead to take her seriously.
>>
>>342767371

Fix
>meis icewall slows down enemies around it
>The slow down only applies if the icewall is not near mei/it slows mei down too
>her right click is now a left click and there is no charge up time

Bam
Fixed it
>>
>>342767042
It's usually not, but at least you the stun isn't instantaneous - you have plenty of opportunities to escape it either through preventive (always keep your distance) or reactive measures (aim good).
>>
>>342767550
>Just focus mercy!
>Kill her
>Kill her team a short time later
>Most of the time she can just walk back, fly in and HEAD ESTABLISHED
>>
Reinhart is balanced, but his melee swings are slow and they don't deal enough damage to be a threat against mobile characters.

AKA his offensive capabilities outside of charge are shit.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.png (1021 KB, 2500x1167) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.png
1021 KB, 2500x1167
>>342760120
I actually agree to a point, they are basically core heroes on every competitive team. Revive and 2000 health shield are just too valuable along with the healing/damage boost and Earthshatter.
>>
>open lootbox
>see that gold icon
>firefighter mei
>literally never played mei once
>try her
>pretty shit char
fuck me dude
>>
>>342767646
You know, if any character dies, they will be respawned in 7 seconds. You should be aware of how long the run back is depending on your circumstances. Before those all seconds have elapsed, you should already be on your way to kill that Mercy before she groups up with her team.
>>
File: Watchpoint_screen_4.jpg (144 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Watchpoint_screen_4.jpg
144 KB, 1920x1200
>>342761451
There's nothing wrong with Route66.
Now Gibraltar, fuck everything about the second half of that.
>>
>>342760305
All the 2cp maps deserve to be removed really.
>>
>>342767912
>you should already be on your way to kill that Mercy before she groups up with her team.
Well, firstly, that's not a good thing to do regardless. Unless you just want to spawn camp her the whole game.

Secondly, she can still just fly to any dead person
>>
>the same complaints as TF2
>the same shit inability to handle the age old healer/tank combo

Either you're underage and need to Git Gud, or you're a massive retard of a manchild and also need to Git Gud.

Either way, shooters are played by children.
>>
>>342767934
That Choke is so fucking broken. All of my hatred.
>>
>>342767630
>or reactive measures (aim good).
You literally can't aim good though.

As soon as mei's shit hits you you're severely slowed down and can't aim for shit.

Only way out is if you're pharah or junk or something with an easy escape
>>
>>342760501
>Reinhardt is average
He's one of the highest tier characters in the game. He and Winston are the tank meta right now.
>>
File: mercycrop.webm (926 KB, 950x214) Image search: [Google]
mercycrop.webm
926 KB, 950x214
Mercy is so fucking unfair, she just pins you in the ground and drains your life
https://a.pomf.cat/hcngsf.webm
>>
>>342768165
>He and Winston
It's Reinhardt and Roadhog now.
>>
>>342768036
It is a good thing to do if you want to deny the Mercy res. That doesn't mean you should be fixated it on it 100% of the time, but you should keep an eye on her and take any opportune moment (does not mean ignoring your team) to make her run back from spawn again.

>Secondly, she can still just fly to any dead person
Improve your aiming capabilities.
>>
>>342768314
Heroes never dry.
>>
>>342768136
Her slow doesn't occur for at least one second. It enough to get a flick shot off with just your weapon, but you probably won't be able to pull that off if you're using a high sensitivity.
>>
>>342760120
>tfw get gold damage as Reinhardt with 14.8k
Never felt so good
>>
File: Out Fucking Skilled.jpg (110 KB, 2000x1028) Image search: [Google]
Out Fucking Skilled.jpg
110 KB, 2000x1028
>>342760743
>Salty faggot gets destroyed
>cries on /v
>>
>>342768136
>fight mei as junkrat
>shes so retarded she runs right at me
>hit her once
>she doesn't flinch keeps running
>hit her again
>bitch has 10 fucking health
>She still hasn't stopped, it's the chinese terminator
>try to melee her but I can't fucking move

Fucking hate mei
>>
Who else pharmercy combo? Carrying nearly every game, it's just like TF2.
>>
>>342768606
I seem to have good luck with torb v mei, try and plink her for head shoots and then if she's close shotgun her.
>>
>>342769025
>no trap
>>
>>342769559
that happens after I die silly.
>>
File: 1446879844942.gif (2 MB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
1446879844942.gif
2 MB, 450x250
>>342768314
The urge to fap has never crossed me as fast as it has in this moment.
>>
>>342760120
Reinhart's pinned damage needs to be based on distance. 300 flat is fucking stupid
>>
>>342768054
What choke? There are plenty of flanking routes.
>>
>>342767934
This is the problem with every fucking map
There is a high route that will always win the offensive team if they take it, but they never take it because it's a hidden sidepath.
>>
>>342767934
>>342768054
Gibraltar is one of the most intense maps to play on considering the map gives both teams enough resources to push as they please
>>
>>342768314
I'm gonna need some sauce on this one captain. Nothing in reverse image search
>>
File: FB_IMG_1466265156615.jpg (40 KB, 720x767) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466265156615.jpg
40 KB, 720x767
>>342767371
I love using ice wall to single out a support and killing them super satisfying.
>>
>>342768606
Mei's slowing effect takes place instantly from the first tick of frost she inflicts, and only gets worse over time.
Mechanically, it takes 30 rounds of frost (1.5 seconds minimum) to hit the enemy in order to trigger the frozen state.
The Frozen state has a delay when triggered, it takes another 0.5 seconds to kick in, during which time the victim's speed and turning rate rapidly deplete to zero

Each point of frost seems to reduce the victim's speed by several percentage points, but like the frozen state's delay, it seems as though there's a gradual deceleration effect to make the speed loss a smooth transition (which is why at first you may think that a significant slowdown requires a lot of hits when it really just needs a few hits and a bit of time). Even just 10 ammo from her freeze ray causes a target to drop to a near-crawl after a second (but then they return to full speed instantly if Mei doesn't keep hitting them with cold).

Just like Symmetra, Mei's best gameplan is to jump around like a spaz and let her primary fire do its very easy work.
>>
File: 1466296385065.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466296385065.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
>>342770345
You might be the biggest retard on this board today.
>>
File: 1466642558508.jpg (10 KB, 195x225) Image search: [Google]
1466642558508.jpg
10 KB, 195x225
>>342769986
Thanks for letting us know
>>
>>342760743

Crying about Reinhardt? The only actual tank in this fucking game?

>>>/callofduty/
>>
File: 1445655470343.jpg (26 KB, 392x348) Image search: [Google]
1445655470343.jpg
26 KB, 392x348
>>342770691
No problem.
>>
>>342763269
Useless yes, but on fire during whole match. Atleast got that going
>>
>>342770553
The rate at which the slowing effect grows at is what matters. At less than one second of ticks, I've found myself to still be aim and kill someone if I'm not getting hit by anyone else.
>>
>>342770645
I can't jack off to a 12 second clip dumb anime girl poster
>>
>>342770345
lol
>>
>>342770909
Boy, do I have some bad news for you then.
That's all SFM is.
>>
>>342771078
Why do people use SFM for this? It looks like repeating gifs.
>>
>>342771367
Do you mean it looks like an animation?
>>
>>342771848
The physics simulations look like shit.
>>
File: 1434406242996.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1434406242996.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>342768314
where do people even find this shit
>>
>>342761606
Seriously, watch some comp. Mercy's will just come in and hide somewhere and wait for the team to eat some ults and then pick them up. It happens so much on King's Row that anytime it happens on any map they call the player a "Bar Mercy"
>>
HOW TO FIX OVERWATCHES

>mercy now takes a 25% ult penalty when she gets killed
>mercy's ult now has a very short cast time(half a second). can still be used in dangerous locations, but she can no longer fly into all 6 enemies and pop it instantly while dying.
>mercy's healing beam ramps up in healing power against targets who have not been damaged recently, to put her healing more on par with lucio

>rein's barrier no longer recovers hp during it's cooldown after being broken.

>zenyatta, +50 shield
>healing orb now ramps up in healing against targets who have not been damaged recently
>orb of discord waypoints are now visible to teammates

>dva
>mech's 100hp replaced with 100 shield
>>
>>342773265
>>rein's barrier no longer recovers hp during it's cooldown after being broken.
that's stupid
>>
>>342763269
Threadly reminder that Zen was considered way too strong during testing.

He's not that bad. He does assloads of damage with a weapon that's not hard to use. If your team already has a healer and maybe a Rein you just get behind them and Discord.
>>
>>342773382

it's not, he should actually have a penalty for that shit getting broken.

as it is now, getting broken is nearly the same as just putting it down
>>
>>342773650
There's like a 5 second cooldown on it, and if the shield is broken then that means the team has done enough DPS to kill it and can then probably push
>>
>>342773650
>as it is now, getting broken is nearly the same as just putting it down
Except theres a cooldown.
Like why are you nerfing something that has no benefits?
>>
File: 1451442848256.png (14 KB, 701x701) Image search: [Google]
1451442848256.png
14 KB, 701x701
Mercy's ult just needs to be channeled, reinhardt's charge just needs to not instakill

There is literally nothing wrong with those characters other than those two things.
>>
>>342760676
>until then, he is only useful as a walking shield.
That's literally the entire point of his class.
>>
>>342774018
>reinhardt's charge just needs to not instakill
It does 300 damage, that's nowhere near an insta kill for a tank.
>>
>>342772757
rule34hentai.net
>>
>>342773767
>>342773768

when rein puts down the shield, after a bit of time (i think it's 2 seconds) the shield starts getting it's health back.

if the shield gets broken, it starts getting it's health back DURING the cooldown, exactly as if he just put it down.

rein can shit out a second 2000hp rectangle too quickly is what I'm getting at. Either the cooldown needs to be longer or it shouldn't regain hp while on cooldown.
>>
>>342774292
It takes 10 seconds for the shield to be fully healed. That's way more than enough time to dps him down or his teammates.
>>
>>342774018
>>342774134
It's not instakill, it does damage based upon distance traveled.
>>
>>342774134
The initial hit does 50, the pin adds 300. That kills everyone but tanks and a molten core'd tolborone.
I'm not that guy though, I think it's just fine.
>>
>>342774705
>It's not instakill, it does damage based upon distance traveled.
Has anyone played the game at all?

If you get hit by it you take 50 damage.

If you get put up against a wall it's 300.

These are falt, consistent numbers.

>>342774783
>That kills everyone but tanks
That makes perfect sense. He's a giant fucking tank in full body armor.
>>
>>342774418

it's 225/second, faster healing than even zenyatta's ult.

to put it in perspective, rein's shield gains a roadhog's worth of health every 2.5 seconds of being down, it's fucking insane.
>>
>>342760120
The game was balanced since launch. All these adjustments catered to shitters are creating a domino effect
>>
What bothers me about rein is that his only strong counter when hes with his team is a bastion to break his shield.
>>
>>342775019
>rein is a giant target
>he also has to wait a second after dropping before it starts charging
>the shield will also be on cooldown if it breaks

bruh, reinhardt is deadmeat if he loses his shield.
>>
I dont like Rein, his charge on squishies is really gay

Mercy is 100% fine
>>
>>342775019
Because he's a fucking tank character you fucking idiot.

Not to mention it's fairly easy to get behind him and just shoot him.

The shield is on a 3s cooldown if it breaks.

I'm honestly confused as to how the hell you've deluded yourself into thinking REINHARDT of all people is OP.
>>
>>342775204
t. reinhardt player

Zarya's shield eats 200 damage and is on a MUCH longer cooldown. Just shut the fuck up
>>
>>342768764

I mean good job, but that's mostly just embarrassing for the enemy team.
>>
>>342775320
because zarya has a ton of other things going on than her shields

If you're so bad at the game you can't beat the only actual tank in the game you should just go back to a moba since that's where most of the shitters came from anyway.

and also no, I play pharah and junkrat, and if I have to tank I'll play monkey or zarya
>>
>>342775163
Rein needs to be very accurate to pin. Just jump to the side or use one of those many pussy shift ability
>>
this game is fucking garbage

EVERYONE GETS TO HAVE FUN :)
>>
>>342775479

A good zarya is a real pain in the ass to go against, she can really carry a team.
>>
>>342773579
yeah, but they overnerfed him to compensate

he only needs a couple of minor tweaks to be a lot more viable
>>
>>342775320
>getting this mad over Reinhardt
Rein's shield is completely avoidable, it's destructible, and the recharge is reasonable. Get over yourself.
>>
Had a broken game today. It was a control point game and the enemy team's Tracer held the game in overtime for 10 minutes. Just kept tapping and zipping through and no one could catch her. Meanwhile we killed the enemy team 20 times over. Didn't matter. Two rounds in a row she was able to do this.

The fix. Instead of resetting the overtime clock every time an attacker touches the point have the overtime clock add time as the player contests the point. So if you touch the point for half a second you aren't granted 5 seconds added to the overtime clock like the current system.
>>
File: mercy shrug.png (956 KB, 1200x939) Image search: [Google]
mercy shrug.png
956 KB, 1200x939
>>342761015
when playing this damn game, when not straight up being killed, I tab to check to see if mercy is ded or the kill feed if she just died. Always tell mates to kill her at all costs, especialy if we have a mercy, so she can revive us after.

>> t. mercy player
>>
>>342775793
>Just kept tapping and zipping through and no one could catch her. Meanwhile we killed the enemy team 20 times over. Didn't matter. Two rounds in a row she was able to do this.

>The fix.
The fix is fucking shooting her. If SIX PEOPLE can't shoot a single tracer then you're garbage and deserve to lose.
>>
>>342775793
literally just switch to junkrat, roadhog or mccree, if all of you can't take out one tracer maybe you didn't deserve to win in the first place
>>
>>342760120
Why the fuck did they nerf McCrees fan but not buff the flash to 1 second. These faggot meis get to use their heal before fan finishes
>>
>tfw kind of want to play overwatch
>afraid ill buy it then get bored within 2 hours, wasting my dosh

damnit
>>
>>342775980
I fucking love it when a tracer suicides into a full team just to kill me
Like nigga, what did you think was going to happen
>>
>>342776094
>>342776192
I get it.
>git gud
but seriously. One character holding a game in overtime indefinitely without engaging the enemy team is bullshit.
>>
>>342776335
Shouldve played the free beta. That's your fault
>>
>>342776203
>WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
>WHY DON'T I GET MY GUARANTEED FREE KILLS ON LITERALLY EVERYTHING ANYMORE
You still get a guaranteed kill on pretty much everything, especially squishies, which is what HOL UP was supposed to be for before shitters like you started spamming it.
>>
>>342776203
Mei is a shit character just kill her
>>
>>342776486
>One character holding a game in overtime indefinitely without engaging the enemy team is bullshit.
Yea it kind of is.

You know what the solution to that is?
FUCKING
SHOOT
HER

Like I hate tracers are much as the next person, they're a scout with 4 "get out of jail free" cards, but if your entire team can't kill a single tracer for that long you're fucking garbage and deserve to lose to her.
>>
>>342776614
>but if your entire team can't kill a single tracer for that long you're fucking garbage and deserve to lose to her.
That's cool but it wasn't really my point. Do you agree that the rules of overtime should be changed?
>>
>>342776614
Its not like she is the only thing to worry about, the rest of the Tracer's team is there too

all she has to do is hide, then when overtime is about to end blink onto and off the point
>>
>>342776889
Yes.

If someone is at 99% on a koth map and they claim the point they should automatically win.

That's literally the only change I would make.
>>
>>342776916
>all she has to do is hide, then when overtime is about to end blink onto and off the point
and all YOU have to do is go and shoot her

If she's far enough away that she has to blink over then it's even easier to kill her.

If the rest of the team is there, then it's not just her on overtime is it? It's the entire team
>>
File: 1431401324387.jpg (39 KB, 374x347) Image search: [Google]
1431401324387.jpg
39 KB, 374x347
>>342776509
Callling me a shitter but you're complaining about McCree using flashbangs
>>
>>342777010
Overtime in general needs a change, needs to be finite and not trigger if they aren't touching the fucking thing when the game ends. KOTH stands above all with this nonsense. Its too forgiving. I'd also enjoy the % rate not going up as fast when contested, shit gets silly when every game goes 99/99 and then another 2 minutes of overtime.
>>
>>342777197
You are a hilariously bad shitter if you rely on HOL UP to kill anything.

He's still pretty overpowered but everyone who used to "main" him is too retarded to see that so they all went off to some other cancer play style.
>>
>>342776486

Don't hesitate to counter-pick, Anon.

A McCree gets rid of a Tracer in no time.
>>
File: Flanking team.jpg (689 KB, 668x4298) Image search: [Google]
Flanking team.jpg
689 KB, 668x4298
>>342776451
if you killed the mercy you did your job. if 5 people died and atleast killed the mercy, your mercy can revive your whole team
>>
>>342777383
>needs to be finite
no

>and not trigger if they aren't touching the fucking thing when the game ends.
usually that doesn't happen. I don't know what specifically causes it to happen but it usually doesn't happen.

>I'd also enjoy the % rate not going up as fast when contested, shit gets silly when every game goes 99/99 and then another 2 minutes of overtime.
That is kind of stupid, yea. Some change to that would be good
>>
>>342777109
the rest of the team doesnt even need to make it to the point though
>>
>>342777539
To contest it they sure do.
>>
>>342777621
but they dont need to contest it, only tracer does

they need to distract you
>>
>>342777109
Ain't hard to understand. The tracer hides during the fighting. Waits for the overtime clock to tick down and zips through and taps it. Recalls if she takes and damage and tries to get you to chase off the point while her team arrives back from spawn. To you this might seem like good clean fun. But to me it's abuse of the overtime system. She knows that she only has to break the control point's threshold for a split second and buy her team another 5 seconds. Two taps and the whole team has a second chance. This happened well over 10 times.

>>342777450
but no one was dying. You'd have to throw yourself off a cliff or walk back to spawn.
>>
>>342777710
So you're saying a single tracer is going in and out of the point and the rest of the team is just standing around, not contesting the point, but trying to prevent you from killing the tracer?

What kind of retardation are you trying to pull?
>>
File: 1466751182535.jpg (48 KB, 658x960) Image search: [Google]
1466751182535.jpg
48 KB, 658x960
>>342777496
Help me!
No seriously you fucking retard turn around, there's been a monkey crawling inside my lower colon for twenty fucking minutes now like Jesus Christ
>>
>>342761495
it should have a 2 second cast animation that doesn't revive anyone until the 2 seconds are up.
>>
>>342760120
>>>/vg/

underage and tumblr spam
>>
>>342777854
Building up ultis retard
>>
>>342777763
>Waits for the overtime clock to tick down and zips through and taps it. Recalls if she takes and damage and tries to get you to chase off the point while her team arrives back from spawn.
Most classes can 1v1 a tracer fairly easily.

That's a hilariously shitty tactic and I'd laugh at anyone who lost to that because they were stupid enough to chase them around / not kill them.
>>
>>342777523
Why shouldn't it be finite? Overtime is the last ditch effort you have to clinch another chance to win. Not a psuedo infinite timer for you to keep trying as long as someone keeps pressing their asshole to the objective for a split second.
>That usually doesn't happen
But it does happen though, shouldn't happen in any circumstance if someone isn't actively on the objective.

You touch the cart sure, enjoy overtime until your ass is off it, but none of this refreshing to 10 seconds intermittently bullshit that allows people to play grab ass for a few minutes to keep playing games they already lost.
>>
Jesus christ I thought /owg/ was bad at the game.

I know /v/ is usually shit at video games but this is a new level of bad.
>>
>>342777383

I believe competitive is changing overtime in some ways
>>
>>342777869
I learned that with well placed headshots a Mercy can take down Winston and only lose half health. D.Va as well. I have even take out a Reaper 1v1 when in his face with just a little strafe dodging. Seriously try it out. No one ever expects Mercy to retaliate. They're always fucking shocked when you do.
>>
>>342778067
>shouldn't happen in any circumstance if someone isn't actively on the objective.
It should happen if there is a capture %.

Also now that I think about it, It should always happen on PL.
>>
>>342777450
Mcree isn't the answerall that he used to be for her. If she jumps or blinks flashbang kills become iffy. I still dumpster them with the ol bang-headshot combo, but its far more situational than it should be.

I still find his nerf ridiculous, he can still melt tanks like he used to, but now has issues killing tracer and genji instead.
>>
>>342778241
>baww my OP character got nerfed

Get fucked, faggot :^)
>>
>>342760120
these are the only two things that need to be changed about the game.
>Mercies revive doesn't revive until the yellow part is actually over, if you kill mercy while this is occurring then the revive reverts and she gets 50% of her special back.
>DVA gets 3% special from small healthpacks and 6% special from big ones.
ok.
>>
>>342778329
>>DVA gets 3% special from small healthpacks and 6% special from big ones.
Do you mean pilot dva gets 3-6% of her ult?
>>
>>342777913

>I don't want vidya threads on my /v/

Oh, Summer /v/~
>>
>>342777450
LOL

Mathematically a Tracer will ALWAYS be able to recall before the final fan the hammer shots hit after the nerf
>>
>>342778392
yes. exactly.
it'd make her more of a "pro starcraft epic rotations timing attack autism" and make her not useless
>>
>>342778301
He didn't get nerfed though, he's still incredibly good. Stop projecting your bullshit at me.

I dumpster tanks still, I chew through everyone else with headshots that do absurd damage, but killing a Genji is now reliant on if he took damage prior to a flashbang, and killing a tracer is up to if you have an angle on her to headshot.

They need someone to keep them in check, and blizzard fucked up.

Frankly his Fan still needs adjustments, I'd love it if they just frontloaded the fan damage to be high on the first few then fall off dramatically at the end so tracer and genji get absolutely fucked, but everyone else actaully has a chance.
>>
>>342778517
I think she just builds ult faster than that normally
>>
>>342778605
no. like it's EXACTLY the same in every way as that but you add that in addition to what she has.
like she could easily get ult every 25 seconds or so if she's a true autism master.
>>
>>342778579
The nerf was hilariously lazy.

All they did was lower damage numbers, instead of giving it a proper cooldown or anything at all sensible.
>>
File: foryourhealth.jpg (24 KB, 320x218) Image search: [Google]
foryourhealth.jpg
24 KB, 320x218
>>342760223
he's actually the most OP tank in the game. He has two long range abilities his shift one shots and if u miss u can easily block after and ult if needed. I cant count how many times i've destroyed healers in one shift or gotten an easy triple with a reinhardt ult. Sure he can be outplayed, but if you are good you can do some amazing things and easily carry a bad team if you have a support or two.
>>
>>342760120

Lucio is a fucking GOD, Mercy doesn't even compare.
>>
>>342778718
You mean meka dva?
>>
>>342778207
Oh I completely agree, I like that "oh fuck" back peddling they start doing if you can get headshots in. Reaper though? I've never won a 1v1 with Reaper. He kills me in 2-4 shots, almost every time, so I just run now.
>>
>>342778729
They tried to nerf Fan once by giving McCree a delay of .85 seconds before he could even start reloading if you didn't have a roll up. They dialed that back to .3 seconds after the damage nerf they just applied.
>>
>>342778843
yea. I meant mecha I guess. I messed up.
but yea. that'd be funny. it's just a funny room clear every 25 seconds but you can screw up their Farm.
>>
>>342778816
On offense I agree, on D I would rather be mercy unless its on a map with a ton of knock off areas.
>>
>>342778952
Oh right I forgot they actually buffed him
>>
>>342778729
Also very shortsighted. It didn't accomplish what they claimed they wanted at all. You can still do 400 damage to all the tanks near instantly, and in 1 second afterwards you can finish them off.

Meanwhile the people he's supposed to counter get a varied grace period where he has to play perfectly to counter them, and all they have to do is hit shift or E and they live.

Tracers and genji's run rampant at my MMR because he was the only gatekeeper keeping them in check, now its iffy if he's going to do the job and damn near everyone else on the roster isn't equiped to deal with them and their mobility.

He's a product of horrible design choices caused by implementing a hero who can recall and blink, and another who can dash a football field and also deflect shit.
>>
>>342778793
>he's actually the most OP tank in the game.
That's not zarya

Though neither of them are OP, just zarya is the strongest
>>
>>342760120
mercy is ezpz to pick off

junkrat is cancer, though. he needs to be deleted
>>
>>342760305
the chink towers map is fucking terrible.
>>
Junkrat is op in skilled hands. Alas, so is every fucking class

Git gud
>>
>>342779474
out of all the characters, I think mei is the only true cancer

junkrat spams shit but he doesn't stop you from shooting him
>>
>>342778942
Reapers always think, "so long as I'm within 10 yards I've got them dead to rights." And as Mercy you are one of the few characters who can zip away fast enough. But if you're in range and there's no where to go then running away isn't an option. Which has forced me to learn this technique. Get right up in his fucking face. If his first shot doesn't kill you then you've got a fighting chance. Listen and remember the timing of his shots. Circle strafe him in a single direction while headshotting him. Right before his next shot strafe in the opposite direction. His brain will take a split second to react to your direction chance and he will miss. After 3 missed shots he's dead. Usually well before he has caught on to what you're doing. You can only do this about twice in a match or else he'll start backing up while fighting you and then the game is over.
>>
>>342779472
Zarya is good on offense if you are trying to siege break and you have ults on your team that can follow up with her wombo combo. Still its really easy for a reinhardt to outplay her ive 1v3'd a zyra easily since she does no damage when I shield. Even if she ults me I usually live just by holding my shield up for the duration. 1v1 all you gotta do is shift into her and left click then finish her off with a ranged E and gg.

Besides no one likes playing an ugly dyke without a single good skin.
>>
Friendly tip that if you place an ice wall on a torbjorn turret, it will freeze. Place the ice wall behind a turret but still touching it and you will have a free kill.
>>
>>342779963
Oh yea a reinhardt can easily outplay her, I just mean against a general team.

ALso she has the ushanka skin
>>
>>342779750
Thanks for the advice. What you think, toggle "Guardian Angel prefers beam target" on or off? I've been playing with both, and I'm struggling to decide.
>>
>>342779474

You remind me of shitters who cried for a Demoman nerf back when TF2 was released.

~10 years later, the exact same complaints are back.
>>
>>342780105
I think Rat is fine overall, but I hate his nade design. Shit shouldn't have a hitbox after a bounce. Makes his spam ridiculous.
>>
>>342780105
And Mei complainers are the same scrubs that got shat on by the worst character in the game, Pyro, once again getting shat on by the worst character in the game, Mei

It's like poetry
>>
>>342780057
I play reinhardt every game on offense and defense and havent lost yet so you are wrong m8 but she is a good secondary tank and better if you are against a massive turret comp on O than you can stack her.
>>
>>342780381
>I have a 100% win rate with something so it's good
That's not how that works, but ok.

She doesn't serve the same purpose as reinhardt but if she's really good she can carry a team
>>
>>342780105
his ult specifically is horsehit.

if his ult can do what it can, then they should buff dva's and make it on par with his. because it's literally bullshit that he gets potg so consistently.

and git good against my mei, faggot. i slay meis with ease.
>>
File: how do i counter a stove.jpg (147 KB, 861x898) Image search: [Google]
how do i counter a stove.jpg
147 KB, 861x898
>people who complain about junkrat, mei, bastion, and hanzo
Stop touching the stove you idiots
>>
File: 1466104686216.png (280 KB, 1013x721) Image search: [Google]
1466104686216.png
280 KB, 1013x721
>>342780105
Hey man, demo is one of my mains in tf2 and junk is one of my mains in overwatch.

They both take so little skill to be "good" at it's not even funny (well, it kind of is). They're both spam classes, and I'm fine with that. They're fun.

>>342780319
Mei's a lot worse than the pyro because the pyro didn't make it impossible to shoot him as soon as they're in range.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.