[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
What went so right?
>>
The soundtrack, the gathering storm campaigns.

And the butthurt of Homm3 neckbeards who couldn't adapt to the changes in 4.
>>
>>342739673
Heroes start to actually participate in fights.
>>
>>342739673
III > IV
>>
>4

>right
top cuck
>>
>>342739673
Why does everyone always shit on it? It's a great game.
>>
>>342740654
People hate new things
I wonder why 3 become so popular? Gameplay wise until the last expack they always were inferior 2
>>
>>342739673
I swear I'm not trying to shitpost III > IV hurf durf or anything like that. I really really tried to get into this game, I'm not joking.

And turns out it has lots of interesting premises that I like better than Heroes III's counterparts, which is awesome. I like the towns having two units per level and only being able to get one. And actually using your heroes in battle, splitting your army and making a stack of creatures wander and collect resources on their own... pretty good ideas.

But come the fuck on, what the fuck is that battle grid? It's beyond awful. The main trait of the series combat-wise is how much control you have over the units' movement and this throws it off the fucking window.

I felt uncomfortable during combat. It didn't even feel like the same game. I can get behind the change of perspective and shit but that's just too much. I don't even know what the fuck is going on and how I'm supposed to measure movement, and that's too much for a turn based combat strategy game.

It's even more painful when the rest of the title is literal improvement of its predecessor, but the fightan is messed up.

And I also don't like that war fog shit that doesn't let you see what you've previously explored. Muh realism, muh strategy, I'm a casualfaggot, yeah yeah, whatever you say. It's a matter of mentality I guess. I'm more of a "map completionist" kind of player and that feature shits on people like me. You like it, I'm cool with that,I just don't enjoy games that play like that.
>>
To think that Heroes IV was once considered to be the worst of the series.
VI and VII quickly turned that around
>>
>>342741732
4 was never bad.
>>
>>342739673
We lived to see the day when IV is considered right already... what next, you faggots like V too? And then VI?! Atrocious
>>
>>342741882
In retrospect it wasn't indeed
>>
>>342741891
Fuck off.

V was fine, also dorfs. AI was a bit meh and was cheating otherwise the game was enjoyable.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.