[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SPORTS GAMES THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 241x341) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 241x341
So, NBA2K16 is a PS+ game this month, and with that I decided to finally start getting into sports sim games. The last one I owned was NBA2K that I bought with my Dreamcast and I loved it. Still getting the hang of this one (and thank God for Spotify so I can listen to something else while I play instead of obnoxious rap.)

So, what are your favorite sports games? Experience with or feelings about the genre?
>>
I buy the MLB game every other year.

I don't really like watching or following actual baseball, but the games are always fun.
>>
>>342724684
NBA 2k13 and 2K2 are the best basketball games created
>>
I dabble in all the major ones. Like one year maybe I'll buy Madden and the next I'll get Fifa and so on. My favorite current franchise is definitely MLB The Show and I buy that more frequently but still not every year.
>>
I can barely play it.
Also, the npcs won't throw me the ball when I call for it
>>
>>342724684
NBA 2k14 was a blast, me and my roommate played it almost daily. Thinking about picking this up on Steam since it's 10 bucks but I have no one to play it with anymore. Are the singleplayer seasons any fun?
>>
File: $99.99.jpg (185 KB, 1023x1023) Image search: [Google]
$99.99.jpg
185 KB, 1023x1023
>>342724684
>So, what are your favorite sports games?
Madden. It's the only game EA actually puts effort in.

MLB The Show. As the Anon said, it's good to get every other year due to minor but noticeable changes stacking up.

NBA 2K1*. Probably the worst of the three due to limitations being added in an attempt to sell DLC points and gear. I only focus on franchise mode anyways, so I could care less about that crap.

Games that were once expensive purchases up front, are now becoming microtransaction hell. Ultimate Team should be investigated by congress as gambling.
>>
>European masterrace
>Have no clue about basketball
>Play the game
>career mode
>I'm fucking shit becaue i dont even know what the 3 second rule is

HELP

Somebody has a good tutorial video ?
>>
>not being in division one on fifa

fucking plebs
>>
These fucking games get new mechanics every fucking year and now they're probably more complicated than actually picking up the sport for someone new to the series.
>>
File: 40-inch pythons, brother!.jpg (30 KB, 630x355) Image search: [Google]
40-inch pythons, brother!.jpg
30 KB, 630x355
>>342725878
In the modern NBA2K1* series, it's best to create a point guard that is actually a shooting guard. Try to make him as tall as possible. That way you will always have control of the ball and you will be able to pass to people that aren't ball-hogs (like yourself).
>>
>>342726316
Not really if you know how to play the sport already
>>
Is there any way I can get a list of all the current major sports game franchises so I can see which I want to get into? I know for the NBA there's 2K and Live. I'm also curious which publishers have exclusivity rights with which leagues. I know EA has NFL.. maybe MLB and NHL too?

>>342725975
Only started playing it last night in practice mode.
>>
never played a basketball game before but I picked this up. How the fuck do I play, what are the rules of basketball?
>>
anyone wanna play some mypark?
>>
File: Madden 16.jpg (50 KB, 1006x402) Image search: [Google]
Madden 16.jpg
50 KB, 1006x402
>>342726316
It can be intimidating, but even the "pro" players spam the same strategies non-stop.
>>
Please, I just want another American football game on PC.

Fucking EA.
>>
>>342726967
So you can pirate it?
>>
>>342726415

EA has Madden, NHL, Fifa, and NBA Live. Konami has Pro Evolution Soccer. 2K only has NBA. Sony has MLB The Show. I think those are all the big ones.
>>
>>342727269
>we'll never have another NFL: The Blitz game
>>
File: 052.png (694 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
052.png
694 KB, 800x778
Getting on Rivet City

Feel free to join

http://vee.scay.net
>>
>>342726316
I just started playing NBA 2k games this year and I really enjoy them but holy fuck, the lack of any kind of tutorial mode is cancer. I don't even know how to call for a screen in mycareer yet and I have over 100 hours in the game
>>
>>342727269
Thanks, bud.
>>
>>342727269
Btw, is PES dead until Konami makes a pachinko version?

Is MLB Sony exclusive?
>>
>>342727632
Is that career mode? I always liked the RPG aspects.
>>
>>342728191

MyPark

You join 3 different cities; Rivet City, Sunset Ballers or Old Town Flyers
>>
I downloaded 2k16 because it was on PS+, played a bit, tried to look at the controls and promptly said "okay, fuck that."

I can sorta get by anyway, I know square shoots and blocks, I know how to run and pass, that's enough to sorta deal with it instead of trying to deal with the four billion ways to do shots or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>342727953

I think PES is the only video game Konami still makes, 2017 is scheduled to come out this fall. I'm not sure of the current status of MLB but for a while 2K had third party exclusive rights, which means the could have (but stopped) making MLB games and Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo could develop in-house their own but only Sony did.
>>
2k16 is really fucking confusing if you don't understand sports, and the lack of any explanations or tutorials in the actual game make me not even want to try to learn.
>>
im on the edge of buying a PS4 just for the Madden, MLB and NHL games and bloodborne

but it would just be a waste of money.

I guess it will be good for Persona 5 too, but i fell weird buying a console for a few specific games. I have a PC for everything else
>>
>>342728885
I hope 2k17 fixes this.
>>
I like the WWE games if those count

On the fence about 2k17. On one hand I was a massive goldberg mark as a kid but on the other that shit is never worth full price so I'd have to wait till after launch when the game's cheaper and I mean in past experiences the pre-order stuff is never part of the season pass, just its own (overpriced) DLC.

If it has Styles and Nakamura I might try to justify the price to myself though.
>>
>>342728885
I played basketball for 3 years in HS and I still don't know half of the advanced stuff.
>>
>>342728885
>>342728530
>>342727719
>>342726490
>>342726105

It's a basketball sim. Why are you playing a sim, if you don't even understand the fucking sport?
>>
>>342729440
Because it was """free""" on PS+ and I was curious. Fuck you faggot. Basketball isn't some sekrit club for you and your black buddies.
>>
>>342729440
I understand the sport, It's just the controls are really obtuse sometimes. I understand the actual rules but Ii don't understand the button/combination to call for a screen, alley, or really anything outside of the basics.
>>
File: jiohjr.gif (2 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
jiohjr.gif
2 MB, 267x199
Post your rank

>Mfw when I just wanted L3 for mascots
>>
Shame on PC the park is usually empty and has horrible lag for UK users
>>
>>342724684
>So, what are your favorite sports games? Experience with or feelings about the genre?

Madden 2005 is one of the best video games ever made

the genre is basically completely ruined by exclusivity contracts with the major sports. Madden NFL advanced about 5 years worth of changes from 2000 to 2016. Most years there would be one new feature, a lot of years the game regressed and features were inexplicably removed.

Things like basic offensive line blocking, no football gme gets right, in the year 2016. So you end up not playing football, but playing "madden", and knowing how to run a football game doesn't yield success. You will lose because you constantly get tackled in the backfield etc, shit that doesn't happen in real football.
>>
File: 25667051791_9642086d7c_o_d[1].jpg (530 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
25667051791_9642086d7c_o_d[1].jpg
530 KB, 1920x1080
comfy
>>
legend 3 takes too long
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.