[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't played a fighting game since 2002 when my friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I haven't played a fighting game since 2002 when my friends and I played capcom vs snk 2 nonstop.
I recently purchased the KOF bundle on steam and I'm wondering what the bars on the bottom do(the bars that fill up differently). I never bothered to learn about them in capcom vs snk 2 either btw.
>>
In which game?
>>
>>342701689
KOF 98, sorry.
>>
>>342701971
It tells you how many power stocks you have, You can use one stock to do a DM (super), two to do an SDM (EX super) or you can press 3 buttons to activate max mode which costs one bar and increases all your damage for a limited time.
Your first character has a max of 3 stocks, 4 for your second, and 5 for your last.
>>
>>342702213
Is one better than the other in terms of Advanced or Extra?
What's the Ultimate options?
It brings up Dash/Step, Evasion/Avoiding.
>>
>>342702527
Advanced is better pretty much, it's the one everyone uses. Extra mode has some weird stuff.

Ultimate mode lets you mix and match features of Advanced and Extra
>>
>>342702672
Have you played KOF 98 on PC? I can't seem to find any 'Block' button.
I'm using a Xbox 360 controller btw
>>
>>342702774
I play KoF 98 on fightcade and the Final Edition on Steam
KoF has no block button, you hold back from your opponent to block. You have to block high (holding back) to block jumping attacks and overhead moves, and you have to block low attacks like crouching kicks by holding downback.
>>
You really really need KoF XIII.
>>
>>342702873
Cool thanks.
>>342702929
I have it, I bought the bundle so I have 98, 2002, XIII.
I'm just learning how to play fighting games again and will work my way up to XIII
>>
>>342703016
I'd really recommend watching this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU&fmt=18
>>
>>342703072
Oh cool thanks. Also that Kyo guy is OP as fuck, he wrecked my shit in arcade mode
>>
>>342703278
Kyo is consistently one of the best characters in the game but Iori is the real monster. Iori can do literally everything and anything.
>>
>>342703849
Whoever made this video >>342703072
is amazing.
I need to get rid of this 360 controller, it feels really awkward unlike a playstation controller
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.