[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elite: Dangerous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Elite-Dangerous-04.png (159 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Elite-Dangerous-04.png
159 KB, 460x215
So i'm genuinely considering buying this game and the Horizons expansion for 40 bucks, i've seen the obvious bad reviews but i'm a huge space fag and like planetary landings, we all know No Man's Sky will be the new Spore and will be easily pirated.

So should i buy this game /v/, or will i be utterly fucking disappointed?
>>
>>342696874
Just wait for no man's sky. At least it's complete and if it's as shti as elite dangerous at least you can make fun of other people buying it and list reasons why it's shit.

Don't buy elite till its a total package. It's a joke now.

No man's sky has good chance to be a joke but I'm very cautiously hopeful it's not Spore 2.0
>>
>>342696874
if it was only 5$ i'd say just get it for the station landings, pretty damn awesome. Past that, the game is incomplete. Not worth it for 40$
>>
>>342696874
Price may be high for some, but this game is really fun. Exploration is 100% comfy, and combat's got a good learning curve.
Only warning I have is that learning the controls is hard. Expect a good 30mins+ of just fucking about with the controls to get them where you like, and then hours getting it down.
HOTAS make the game fucking awesome. If I were to change two hats and look down while flying my controls would be 1:1
>>
File: 1452827550513.jpg (147 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1452827550513.jpg
147 KB, 640x1136
>>342698053
>>342698183
Just how bad is this game? What are its flaws?

I know it's very grindy atm i sorta like grind and it's incomplete but at least it gives me something to look forward to, this game seems "scientifically accurate" in the way it represents the various stars and the galaxy, while NMS seems to be shaping up to be a clusterfuck of cookie cutter planets, so that turns me out a bit.

>>342698445
I'm willing to pay the bucks, learning controls shouldn't be a problem either.
>>
>>342698741
"SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE"

WEW LAD
>>
Before the thread dies, is it comfy to play with a controller?
>>
>>342698741
with every new update they manage to fuck up the game further. their idea of new content is just new layers of grind to push through for tiny incremental upgrades.

it's not scientifically accurate, it just tries to be a slightly more realistic than all the arcadey space games out there. think of a battlefield game and how close that is to reality.

that being said you'll probably have some fun for the first 30 hours or so, until you realise how utterly shallow the game is. the combat is very fun and menial tasks like trading can be comfy while you listen to some podcasts or whatever.
>>
There's hardly anything to do and when the novelty wears off you're left with a shell of a game. The worst part is the tedium of travel. You warp to different places, which is basically a loading screen, then you fly to bodies within that system, whether they're space docks or stars or asteroids. But flying is just a matter of watching your speed so you don't overshoot while you watch a tiny dot slowly get bigger in the distance. Then you warp again which is a loading screen into the "safe zone" of the place you're visiting. You can't actually fly in to a location seamlessly, there are two "speeds" which basically act as gates between local area and system area.

Once you see more and more systems, it stops being cool and turns into a huge chore. The mechanics are not deep enough to make exploration or travel engaging. It's the only game that gives me enough downtime to actually enjoyable read while playing, because there is so much nothing in space and it really feels like it. It's not a euro trucker kind of comfy, or anything like that
>>
>>342696874
Best space sim ever

Don't listen to fucktards who grind the money exploits and grief themselves by reaching endgame ships in 2 days
>>
>>342704774
By gates I mean this, apology for shit tier explanations I'm tired.

You take off from a space dock. You travel forward. Even if you traveled forward for 24 hours straight in real life time, nothing would get closer to you. You have to activate your space travel boosters, which essentially is a loading screen out of the space dock area. Now you are in the system space. You can fly directly back into the space dock area, you need to approach it and activate the disengage speed thingy, which is a single button pres that activates a loading screen and now you're back in the space dock area. Say you are in the system space and drive towards a planet. You get close enough and get caught in the gravity, now you are in the "landing on planet" area, you're not in system space. It completely ruins the atmosphere of being in space when you realize everything is loading screen gates.
>>
>>342705002
>Best space sim ever

ED isn't a sim it's a game, there's nothing realistic about it at all.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.