[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me why /V/ hates this game other than memes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: BL2.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1079) Image search: [Google]
BL2.jpg
411 KB, 1920x1079
Can someone tell me why /V/ hates this game other than memes and how they put money into this instead of a shitty movie game which a different company did far better later on?

>easily one of the funner shooters out there
>co-op with friends is where the game shines
>addictive loot-based type gameplay
>great cell-shaded graphics
>doesn't take itself seriously unlike the other FPS games that came out when it did making it a breath of fresh air
>>
>>342694991
Shameless bump.
>>
>>342694991
Even more shameless bumps to hear you contrarian fucks.
>>
File: 215.jpg (17 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
215.jpg
17 KB, 248x233
>>342694991
>funner
theres alot wrong with that, your dumb
>>
>funner

I love the game but it's got big flaws and a lot of unnecessary garbage "humor."
>>
File: 1464500725771.png (43 KB, 1245x324) Image search: [Google]
1464500725771.png
43 KB, 1245x324
>Funner

Lmao

>co-op with friends is where the game shines

Co-Op with friends is dependent on the quality of your friends and not the quality of the game, even the worst piece of shit can be "fun with friends"

>addictive loot-based type gameplay

Are you really condoning carrot-on-a-stick recoloured meme stat shit? Just play WoW or some other shit MMO.
>>
>>342696285
Fuck.
>>
Biggest problems I have with it.

>the most ridiculous bullet sponge bullshit in any game ever
>the fucking drop rate is straight cancer

I beat it, then went into NG+ and found myself grinding for one weapon for over 3 hours. I finally got it and it became outdated within 30 minutes. I stopped, paused, and asked myself "what the fuck am I doing with my life?" and went straight to desktop. I haven't played it since.
>>
Co-op in BL have always had a problem for me if you don't keep in synch with your friends levels. If you're not careful to only play together then things are a cakewalk for one guy while another gets his shit slapped
>>
>>342694991
It's boring. That's about it really.
>>
>funner

I remember my mates and I all bought it and the season pass in 2013, played it for three hours and then dropped it because it was fucking horrible
>>
>>342694991
>Nothing feels different after an hour or so
>Co-op is alright, especially when you get bored of it and play a better game
>The game kinda looks like ass
>Funner

It's alright in short bursts, but it gets really dry.
>>
>>342694991
>easily one of the funner shooters out there
The shooting in borderlands is the weakest part of the game.
>>
File: fTHWXSg.png (408 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
fTHWXSg.png
408 KB, 853x480
>>342694991
Diablo 3 does everything Borderlands 2 does but better. Hell Borderlands 1 does Borderlands 2 but better, despite being of lesser quality.

The game gets extraordinarily repetitive just replaying it. Every new character feels like the same exact experience, and having to run through the game 2 or 3 times just to get to end game makes the experience just as dull. Mix that with forced cutscenes, forces dialogue sections, and the game only ever opening up once you hit 61/72 meaning you have to play the boring grindfest out for at least 30 or more hours, possibly more.

There's also the fact that you have to farm bosses for specific gear, and gone is the old way of farming gear in Borderlands 1 where you could run through a condensed dungeon that contains 3-4 red chests and multiple badass enemies, and have a MUCH higher chance at legendaries compared to if you were to killing Savage Lee 800 times hoping you get a good Unkempt Harold to drop.

It really feels like they took a step forward in developing characters and making gunplay more smooth, yet taking 12 steps back by slowing down the game with a shitty forced story, over half the guns feeling like complete garbage, and the game suffering from the same symptom of Final Fantasy 13, where the game doesn't supposedly get good until over 20 or 30 hours in.

And on a side note, everything is fun with fucking friends. Stop using that as a positive for a game. I'm sure you and 3 friends can go into the dollar bin on steam or gamestop or wherever else the fuck you go, get several copies, and have a blast playing it for a day. That doesn't mean the game is of actual quality because you and your friends had fun dicking around in it.
>>
>>342696285
>alot
>>
File: 1466757572440.jpg (44 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1466757572440.jpg
44 KB, 500x667
>>342697423
better check that post again brother
>>
>>342694991
i played it with 3 other people and love the humor and universe. if you like it you dont have to defend it
>>
>>342697540
>falling for reverse b8
>>
I played a few hours of this long ago and while it was kind of funny I found it overall really boring.

I never realized it had local co-op though, I guess I'll give it another go with my gf as soon as my couch station is ready
>>
>>342694991
Gearbox had essentially taken a shot in the dark which suddenly worked. Literally the only game they made worth giving a fuck over. Gets repetitive after a while, no horde mode, and has artificial difficulty but is fun as fuck with people to play with.
>>
>>342696676
They buffed the drop rates by a shitton, I think most legendaries are at 9% or something by now.
>>
>>342694991
Anthony pls go.
>>
>>342699634
>Literally the only game they made worth giving a fuck over
You know they made Opposing Force, right?
>>
>>342694991
playthrough 3 becomes a bullet sponge-fest, and is no longer fun.

Still only had one action skill per class, and thus the skill tree was mostly passive shit.

99% of drops are useless, even if they are 10 levels above your current best weapon.
>>
>>342694991
>BL 1 fun, lack of story, shit ton of text to read if you want the lore, quirky and violent but surprisingly addicting

>BL 2 doubled down on fun gameplay and polished it, much more in depth story and much less reading
>HOWEVER the "quirkiness" of the first game leads to meme tier jokes and an unnecessary terrible writing leading to everyone without any pay off or necessity being gay or bisexual and the game shoving it in your face at any moment it can because look at how progressive they are
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.