[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How difficult is this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: 540238_front.jpg (102 KB, 500x623) Image search: [Google]
540238_front.jpg
102 KB, 500x623
How difficult is this game?
>>
>>342675819
it's harder to fuck up your character than in Souls but the more limited options means you actually have to get gud
>>
Base game is more difficult than Dark Souls, but manageable.

The Old Hunters is the hardest soulsborne has to offer, with might a slight exception to The Nameless King from DS3
>>
>>342675819
If you've already finished a Souls game or two, you should be fine. It has a few of the trickiest bosses in the series, though.
>>
>>342675819
it's a slightly slower dmc. The only hard part is the last boss in the expansion and a chalice dungeon boss you'll probably never see
>>
>>342675819
Rewards aggressive play. Charged heavy attacks allow for a lot of options against enemies that you're unsure of how to approach. Get comfortable with shooting things in the face right before they hit you. Read the description of the shield before you think of using it.
It's as difficult as any other Souls game but in its own way.
>>
not very, only some difficulty spikes with bosses

harder than the other souls games though, if you had trouble with those you're fucked
>>
>>342675819
Have you ever played a Souls game?
>>
>>342676265
the nameless king is piss easy dude, all his attacks are extremely telegraphed. Even dragonslayer armor is harder

same difficulty as artorias
>>
Fairly difficult. Not as hard as DS1, but should be a breeze once you learn to play aggressively with the exception of some bosses and The Old Hunters expansion
>>
Areas are more challenging but bosses are pushovers.

I recently stepped away from the game for about half a year right before the final boss and just came back to it yesterday. Challenged the final boss and literally parried every one of his attacks to get a visceral on him. It was pathetically easy
>>
It was harder for me to get used to after three souls games, and I still find myself rolling backwards some times. Otherwise its standard souls difficulty, with exception of chalice dungeons which can become insane.
>>
>>342676515
>parry

parrying in BB is the equivalent of magic in souls, it just destroyed all difficulty (except 3, magic sucks in that but the bosses are piss easy in 3 anyway)
>>
>>342676482

I didn't find him difficult, but people have said he's harder than anything in TOH
>>
>>342676482
>mfw every "hard" boss in ds3 was easy as shit and every "easy" boss was extremely difficult
anyone else have this problem? I stomped the shit out of Dragonslayer and the legion in Farron Keep but got utterly buttblasted +10 times by the tree
>>
>>342675819
depends,first souls game? hard
played 2h no shield in the others prior? easy peasy.
played the others but turtled behind your shield? hard
>>342676265
depth 5 defiled has harder stuff imo. unless you're talking bosses than sure, orphan is probably the hardest "fair" boss in the series.
>>
>>342676698
those people are either bullshitting or overleveled/underleveled somewhere

I've played through TOH 6 times and DaS3 4 times

>>342676754
the most i died to my first run was aldrich (five times), but that was because I was impatient

I don't consider a single boss in DaS3's base game to be difficult because of how telegraphed everything is or how small the boss HP pools are. hopefully the DLC fixes that
>>
It's entirely dependent on your playstyle. If you play to the games Hyper-Aggression most beast bosses will be easy for you because they are easy to hit and can't move that fast to counter attack, but the Hunter Bosses will fuck your shit up because they are just as fast. So if you have a passive playstyle the Hunter Bosses will be easy by virtue of you dodging their quick attack combos and parrying them. I was the former and I never really learned how to parry and every hunter boss was a fucking nightmare and every beast boss was like taking a nap.
>>
>>342676482
>>342676698
No no no, you don't understand. He's not hard, he's just extremely punishing :^)
But seriously, NK before you get used to his timings is a cunt who holds onto his swings half a second longer than he should. Once you stop dodging early he's easy but can still be a fucker if he puts you on the backfoot.
>>
>>342677146
maybe, I could tell he was another artorias so the timing was natural to me

I took him down without knowing his moveset and playing just on reaction which I havn't done to any non-joke boss in the series before

speaking of joke bosses, ocerius was such a disappointment. hopefully the dlc takes us into the past and has us fight a proper version of him
>>
>>342675819
The right amount so you could have fun.
>>
>>342677146
He got me a bunch of times when I was using the greatsword because it was too slow to punish 90% of his moves.

I switched to a straightsword and killed him my second try. He definitely played off my knowledge of ornstein timings though.
>>
>>342676841
I haven't relied on a shield past the first half of DeS. I feel like i'd be right at home in BB, just waiting on the Neo.
>>
>>342675819

7/10 hard if you've played vidya since gen 3/4

ZOMG GIT GUD FAGGOT hard otherwise.
>>
>>342677336
Idk what build you guys were doing but doing a pure melee (and some pyromancy) and since I've beaten only DaS and never played too much Das2 and BB (I want to change that) I did a '5 losses and then 1 Dunkin' rule. And based on that, NK, Ocieros, Pontiff, and Champ Gundir were the most challenging to me, though Gundir and NK were incredibly fun bosses. NK was tough to get close enough to hit with his hyper aggression and evasion, sane for Ocieros. Gundir was just a fun fight where one mistake could hurt you pretty badly. And Pontiff was tough to dodge well once his double started appearing.
Other than them, it was pretty typical. I'd say dont let your accumulated skill deter you from its difficulty. It's not as hard as maybe BB or DaS, but it's still not easy.
They really suck your dick with bonfires and bone shards though, which was disappointing.
>>
>>342678957
Oh god fuck my phone. Dunkin is supposed to be summon. Don't know where that shit came from.
>>
>>342678957
I did a faith build because I heard it wasn't OP in 3, but my god did the spells suck balls so i ended up just using a blessed rapier/lightning estoc

how the fuck did you have trouble with ocieros? he leaves himself open for you to ravage

I never summon in souls games ever unless for PvP purposes
>>
What's the trick to hitting the cleric beast with the visceral attack? I've done it a few times but I don't know how I did
>>
>>342677818
Yeah, I rage-switched to an Estoc and felt dirty as fuck after. I hate asking for shit to get nerfed but either the Estoc's AR and poise damage take a hit or FROM should just buff slower weapons but give them lower critical ratings to avoid Hornet BKGA bullshit.
>>
>>342675819
9/10 w/ dlc
>>
>>342679286
Hit his head vagina or shoot it. Lock on and press up on right stick
>>
File: 1461311899080.jpg (94 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1461311899080.jpg
94 KB, 640x427
>>342676482
It's more the fact that he has a massive health pool and you have to fight another boss before him.
I never just get slammed down in a single combo by nameless, but he takes so long to grind down that I run out of estus.
You can say git gud all you want but everyone gets hit eventually unless they're like a god at the game and stay fastrolling at all times, which I've never liked doing.
>>
>>342679869
and I have to do it while he's doing an attack animation right?
>>
>>342680112
Idk...i actually just fought two nights ago (hadnt played bb for 4 months because i gave my copy to charity) and he went staggered while he was (seemingly?) Just sitting there.
>>
>>342679286
You don't even have to visceral cleric beast man, he's easy as dick
>>
>>342679935
the game gives you enough estus at that point to be able to get hit like 15 times and not die. Like I said, his attacks are very telegraphed so it's not a hard thing to do
>>
>>342679185
Idk. First stage of Ocieros was cake but after that, since I was Dex and low on Vit, his second stage would tend to break poise or I'd roll too early or too late and get wrecked by his like 6 hit combo.
I trying the equivalent to a mundane run next (with high focus on int and faith) and I can already tell faith will be best for heals and buffs and that sweet sweet lighting scaling on shit like Lothric or Astora weapons.
I just hate how op strength is in this game. It's frustrating loving Dex but getting wrecked by hyper armor great swords and axes in pvp. Not to mention the connection issues make me rage a lot.
>doesn't give me hit when he's standing in the middle of my blade
>gets hit on me when I'm 5 feet away
>cmon ds, why
>>
>>342681056
strength isn't OP, elemental/raw is

you can just pump your stats into vigor and endurance since nothing else matters; get a raw weapon and you're good. no need for vitality, poise doesn't exist
>>
>>342679185
And after beating all of DaS with no summons, I didn't care too much for DaS3. Still beat most of the bosses without them. The ones I listed were the only ones i did.
I'm going to beat DaS2SotFS with no summons though once I get it.
>>
>>342680698
but he's so big and scary

I still haven;t figured out his pattern, stupid I know
>>
>>342681547
You don't even really need a pattern. Stay far enough to his sides and his shit will just fly over your head. If I remember right, his left arm is the more dangerous one. So stay on his right, wail away, dodge when you see him doing stuff.

I beat him on my first try because you pretty much just have to wail away on him and eventually you'll stagger him into a visceral.
>>
>>342681201
Sorry I actually meant low Vig, I had the soft cap for Vit (27/1000).
But yeah, that's just it. Raw strength weapons tear, whereas I'm trying a legit sharp uchi and blood murkamoro and it's impossible against the Dragon axe or +10 refined Astora great sword (that fucking A/A scaling though) because of R1 spam. Backstabbing was op in DaS, but at least you could usually avoid it. Now it's impossible and you can only parry for crits in pvp because the only way you can backstab is if they don't see you coming at all. But with 100% gank assurance, that's not going to happen.
>>
>>342681547
You can shoot his head pretty early on when he stomps the ground with his smaller arm, and you'll get a riposte. I believe enemies big enough have a hidden parry meter that builds up when you hit precious areas or attack during certain animations. You can see during the cleric beast fight it's easy to get an initial parry but takes much longer to achieve a second one.
>>
Once you get used to dodging one boss's move set yukiko get used to them all. 3/4 of all bosses are just big monsters that charge quickly
>>
>>342675819
The challenge in any Souls game is the adjustment period. It feels super hard at first, especially since it prioritizes offense over defense, which is what you're used to if you've played the previous ones. Once you acclimate to how it works and make good use of the regain system, the difficulty is entirely fair. It forces you to time your dodges correctly since the two shields aren't very useful except in extremely specific situations.

TL;DR - It feels really hard at first because you have to be aggressive this time around, but you'll get used to it.
>>
>>342681934
>>342681994

alright thanks for the info
>>
>>342676841
This guy is correct.

BB, despite being my favorite souls game, is probably the most forgiving one. It gives you access to % based heals and throws them abundantly at you, so it makes VIT so good of a stat that if you pump it to 30 you'll be pretty damned hard to kill in the early-mid game, and 40-50 has you set for the endgame.

Where people trip up constantly is coming to the game from DS or DS2 where shields and turtling play is so strong and to many, the easiest way to play. BB is basically a faster DS with no shields (well, it highly discourages shields unless you use the pvp ones); if you played 2h/dodge roll only in DS you'll adapt to BB very, very quickly and easily.
>>
File: 1466715859322.png (542 KB, 811x710) Image search: [Google]
1466715859322.png
542 KB, 811x710
>>342676482
>Even dragonslayer armor is harder
>same difficulty as artorias
NK is much harder than those two. Come to think of it, I have never actually died to Dragonslayer ever, and Artorias isn't necessarily hard either.
>>
>>342683746
NK is pretty much the same fight as artorias, first form withstanding

animations are different, but it's the same principal
>>
>>342683850
But circle strafing and rolling while staying close keeps you safe in the Artorias fight, do that in the NK fight and he'll kill you almost immediately.
>>
>>342684460
that's literally all I did for NK, beat him without knowing his entire moveset
>>
>>342684531
Literally can only get one hit in, but its always a trade off doing it this way. Unless you're always using a straight sword.
>>
>>342685029
I was using rapier on him
>>
>>342675819

like Dark Souls 2

base game is a walk in the park
DLC is a bit harder

so nothing special
unless of course you suck at Souls games to begin with then of course its going to be hard
>>
How do I beat Shadow of Yharnham. Those fuckers always one shot combo me just as I'm on a roll. Do I kill the fire mage first or should I attempt to kill them all simultaneously to avoid the last phase. Also I'm using the tonitrus or whatever it's called, but is there anything better?

Just about ready to ditch this game and just go back to DS3.
>>
>>342686208
Pyromancer first, always. If you can get two or more to stand next to each other when you start hitting, go for it. Tonitrus is good for an arcane build, though I think at this point you should have access to Ludwig's Holy Blade which is an amazing weapon.

They're easy once you've killed the pyromancer, just some basic "roll the fuck outta there once they start up a swing and then punish," since they stagger so hard.
>>
Circle. R1.

Square if you fuck up.

L2 if you're feeling fancy.

That's about it HAVE FUNNNNNNN
>>
>>342675819
Fairly difficult the first time and much easier on NG. There are so many tricks to the bosses, germahn took me so long to beat the first time but I destroyed him the next. Some bosses are just fuckers though like vicar amelia,
>>
>>342675819

Do STR build first and stroll through the game like its easy mode.
Do SKL next and have some difficulty at certain bosses but some other enemies like enemy Hunters and easy to stagger bosses will be even easier than with STR build if you get the Blade of Mercy, because then most enemies are literally just spam R1.

example:
Crow Eileen's quest's final Hunter boss took me a few tries with STR build and in the end i just ended up parrying him/her to death.

SKL build was literally spam R1 with BoM for first try and win.
>>
File: 1.jpg (79 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
79 KB, 600x800
>>342682492
Yukiko?
>>
Hard as fuck. I beat the DLC and I don't know how. I tried beating Ludwig for my friend but got destroyed because he has these wide attacks and it's hard to get close. I remember my boss was telling me he played the game and sold it because it was too hard. I was like okay though.
>>
File: 1461628799937.jpg (66 KB, 526x348) Image search: [Google]
1461628799937.jpg
66 KB, 526x348
>>342691059
>tfw recently beat Ludwig at level 46 on an arcane build

Valtr carries that shit if you let him man
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.