[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Risen games any good? I started playing the Gothic games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 250px-Risen.jpg (27 KB, 250x312) Image search: [Google]
250px-Risen.jpg
27 KB, 250x312
Are the Risen games any good? I started playing the Gothic games for the first time recently-ish, and I quite enjoyed Gothic 1 and what I've played of 2 so far (haven't played 3 yet), and was wondering how well the Risen games stacked up to them.
>>
>>342672198
Terrible
Got it bargain bin for 5 bucks
Worst choice ever.
>>
>>342672198
Is this Lucas9
>>
>>342672482

Nope
>>
First Risen is good replacement for Gothic 1 pretty much copypasted but in jungle and with better controls and larger world but doesn't come anywhere close to 2. Risen 2 has it's charm but in the end is a disappointment Risen 3 is victim of abortion and should be given headpats and pitying stares as retard of a game it is.
they are still good games just nowhere near as good as 2 or charming as 1
>>
>>342673689

Alright, I think I'll just get the first Risen and see how that goes for now.
>>
>>342673689
please explain your rational for the spoiler use in your post
>>
>>342672198
risen 1 is alright but still not quite gothic

2 nah
3 not unless you really need another pirahnabytes game
>>
>>342672198
Risen 1 is good, the other two are mediocre at best

>>342672404
The first one wasn't bad, stay mad.

>>342673689
I'd say Risen 1 is more similar to Gothic 2, just in a jungle setting.
>>
It would be one of the contenders for best RPGs of all time, if it not had been for some massively broken quests, and wonky combat system and a story that seriously just craps the bed 3/4 of the way in. It has a warm place in my library but I don't think I could go through playing it ever again.
>>
Risen 1 is good, it's basically what would've been Gothic 4 or maybe a Gothic 1 reboot. Risen 2 is garbage. Risen 3 is pretty middle-of-the road, but has it's moments.
>>
They are all pretty terrible.
>>
>>342673689
I found Risen 3 better than 2.
1 is still my favorite though.
But why did they ditch the hero for some literally who son of Steelbeard.
>>
>>342675105
t. Skyrim fan
>>
>>342675429
Skyrim is also shit. That Doesn't make risen is good. It gets worse with every entry.
>>
>>342672198

First game is alright, second game is terrible, didn't even try the third game because it looked just as bad.

Try the 1st game and then if you want you can try 2 & 3 at your own risk.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.