[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RTS General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (126 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
126 KB, 640x480
Finally playing Total Annihilation

>2nd mission
>playing hard because whatever
>roaming around, d-gun is pretty cool for killing stuff off screen
>lose most stuff
>commander hanging in there
>die after taking out some turrets and dudes
Victory?

>rescuing spider tank goes OK, use buildings to watch my flanks

now I'm on this one and it tells me to build a base, but all I can build are the same 3 buildings for producing energy and metal... is there any benefit, besides map vision?

hard is pretty hard, taking it down a notch..
>>
File: Untitled.png (199 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
199 KB, 640x480
oh, I'm a dummy, I found the arrows
>>
Get Deserts of Kharak with DLC awhile it has discount

Also HW Remastered
>>
>About to go to bed
>Find RTSG thread

Dammit. Looks like I'll be up for the next few hours talkin' shit bout RTSs.

Thinking of getting RoN on the steam sales. I still have the boxed version and it still works just fine so does the Steam version actually add anything at all?
>>
>>342650534
http://store.steampowered.com/app/281610/?
>>
Whats everyones opinion on Grey Goo? I had it with the recent Humble Bundle, but havnt played it yet.
>>
>>342650868
Go to bed!
>>
>>342650868
Son, you need to be in bed.
>>
>>342650534
Someone mentioned yesterday that it is solid mechanically so it doesn't get any hate, but nothing special.

>>342651164
I've only played a couple missions. It does seem OK, but I'm hoping more units unlock in later missions or something, because if this is all there is to it then it doesn't have much
>>
>>342651398
SHUTUP MUM

>>342651448
SHUTUP. DON'T CALL ME SON, YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD.
>>
>>342651460
It's excellent and it does get better

also the MP is fun quick matches
>>
>>342652765
nice, I will have to give it another go real soon

I was wondering how the multiplayer is

I played broodwar when I was younger and was real into trying to git good and go pro, but those days are behind me. Nowadays I enjoy just being mediocre but still sort of trying. Nothing better than 2 mediocre players duking it out in long games and getting into the end game and mining everything out.

On the flip side, Offworld Trading Company sounds pretty fun with its short skirmishes. I was reading reviews and apparently matches are usually 10 to 15 minutes and I think it's mostly economic victories. Sounds interesting.
>>
>>342652082
DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE, YOU MAY BE MY WIVE'S SON BUT I'VE STILL GOT THE AUTHORITY, IF YOU DON'T BEHAVE I WILL NEVER LET YOU SPEAK TO ME AGAIN
>>
How much does Planetary Annihilation suck compared to Forged Alliance? Is Age of Empires 2 worth it if I like SupCom?
>>
>>342655035
AoE2 and SupCom play completely differently.
Planetary Annihilation is worse than SupCom 2, so you're better off just getting SupCom2 if you want more despite it being worse. Titans for PA didn't improve much.

If you want something close to SupCom, get Ashes of Singularity instead.
>>
Is the new SoaSE DLC any good? It looks interesting but the game's been kind of dead for awhile now.
>>
>>342656394
Good but overpriced.
Also mods is where SoaSE is at.
>>
>>342656898
Really? $5 seems reasonable for the new militia/pirate system. Does E4X still work? I've never been into the faction mods or TCs.
>>
>>342657345
Yes it does.
>or TCs
You miss out.
Star Wars Ascendancy is amazing
>>
>>342653914
Offworld Trading Company is a fucking amazing game.
>>
File: 1459798041628.png (271 KB, 539x580) Image search: [Google]
1459798041628.png
271 KB, 539x580
I have deserts of kharak and battlefleet: gothic in my steam cart right now for $49.

I honestly don't see any other games on the market right now that are even worth trying until deus ex comes out later this year.

Are these games worth buying if there's absolutely nothing else I'm interested in that's coming out this year?
>>
>>342655035

Planetary annihilation sucks such massive fucking cock and this is coming from someone who thought supcom 2 was passable since I basically worship forged alliance.

Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>342659150
I concur with this guy's entire post despite also being a dumbass who actually pledged a non-inconsequential amount of real money to the Kickstarter like a retard.
>>
>>342659547

I also paid like $18 for early access on steam. Worst $18 I ever spent.

Now if we're talking about the biggest waste of money ever, that'd be the $80 I backed for beta access of Elite

>this is only the beta they said
>there'll be more content in the finished game they said
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.