[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is a prime example of SHITTY fucking localization.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Drakengard.png (195 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Drakengard.png
195 KB, 460x215
This game is a prime example of SHITTY fucking localization.
>>
Got it years ago but never finished it, I remember the gameplay being like a musou game but on some levels you get to ride the dragon, so better than musou games.
>>
>>342649369
Haven't played it, but howso?
>>
I'm playing it right now and it seems fine. Granted, I'm not very far in. What's the matter with it?
>>
>>342650053
>>342650643

I don't want to ruin it for you anons, but certain things were censored.

They're more subtle which is okay, but one thing in particular was changed drastically making a cutscene not make any fucking sense.
>>
>>342650053
>>342650643
I assume he's talking about the censorship in various scenes which were actually vital to the plot.
>>
>>342650821
>>342650865

What thing in particular? I'm in the middle of chapter 4 and I can kind of see the thing between Caim and Furiae (could be because I've already heard though).

Preferably put it in spoiler tags and tell me what chapter(s) it's in so I can mouse over it when I get there.
>>
>>342651434

Pretty sure you're still early, so I won't spoil. Keep playing because it's a great game, then watch a video titled "exploring drakengard's plot" after. You'll realize after.
>>
>>342649369
All the game is shitty.
>>
>>342652140

Alright then. So things still mostly good? I'm learning Japanese but I wouldn't say I'm good enough for this sort of game and I don't really have a way of playing the Japanese version anyway.I usually try to avoid censorship but depending on the era that's a bit difficult.
>>
>>342652761

Nah man just play the English version, but be sure to watch that video I talked about after. It's important that you see that single difference in the Japanese game.

Mind you, nothing in the game was graphically changed. Everything remains the same, it's just the dialogue. The dialogue during a certain scene was altered because incest is taboo in the west kek.
>>
>>342652140
its about the pedo dude?
>>
>>342653249

Really, it's not evident that he's a pedo in the localized version either, but there's just one cutscene in the game that gives off a subtle hint and its hilarious.

The thing to worry the most about is Furiae.

Also, Necrophilia didn't seem very apparent in the game.
>>
>>342649369
There's no such thing as a shitty localization. The shittiest thing that a publisher can do is not localize a game. Adding subs simply does not iron out the differences between Eastern and Western sensibilities. Allowing people to play non-localized content contributes to the divisive cancer that's taken root in American culture.

It's disgusting to me that games are even available for import. The only version on the market in your region should be the one that's tailored to your region. Even the laziest of localization at least wipe away the strongest of the Japanese taint that games from that country carry. A game is not fit to be sold on US shelves until it's been localized, culturized, and sanitized.

If you're upset about something that localization hides from you, or "censors", you're in it for all the wrong reasons anyway. Games are about gameplay. Nothing more. The graphics, dialog, and story are all just a coat of paint. You don't need a perverted, offensive coat of paint to enjoy any other product from overseas, so the same should go for games.
>>
>>342653730

>The only version on the market in your region should be the one that's tailored to your region

Go away, Nintendo.
>>
>>342649369
Prime example of a shitty game so who cares to begin with?
>>
File: 1462839388298.png (676 KB, 958x598) Image search: [Google]
1462839388298.png
676 KB, 958x598
>>342653730

Obvious bait, but I laughed nonetheless.
>>
If I'm actually kind of enjoying the gameplay of Drakengard, what other games would you recommend? I like both the air and ground segments.
>>
>>342655317

I seek the same answer as you desu.

Do not touch Drakengard 2 though, it's shit.
>>
>>342655584

Is the gameplay shit? I heard that was something they actually improved.
>>
I actually started emulating this because I wanted to play all the drakengard games before I play Nier. It's pretty mediocre but not enough for me to put it down.
>>
>>342655886

It is, no doubt, but the plot is so painfully bad. It is NOTHING compared to Drakengard 1. Drakengard 1 was just something else.

>inb4 only faggots play for the plot
>>
>>342656362

>It is

I meant to say it is no doubt improved gameplay

>>342656308

mi familia do yourself a favour and avoid Drakengard 2. Drakengard 1's final ending branches off into Nier, and Drakengard 3 is before Drakengard. No need for the shitfest that is DoD2.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.