[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom has a shit soundtrack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: doom soundtrack still a shit.png (153 KB, 331x513) Image search: [Google]
doom soundtrack still a shit.png
153 KB, 331x513
https://youtu.be/hu0xkELd994

Why does the soundtrack sound so bad and why do people like it in spite of the fact that it sounds like someone is intentionally trying to give one headaches.
>>
>>342641048
because the game's aimed for the edgy Xbox kids these days, who love their WUB WUB WUB, and think adding some electric quitars on top makes it """heavy metal""".

Like I've said for months now, D44M was nothing but lukewarm, Doer-brain generated console trash from day 1. It doesn't even play like a Doom game, and no, I don't refer to being able to aim vertically and jump.
>>
File: Bricks.gif (800 KB, 250x142) Image search: [Google]
Bricks.gif
800 KB, 250x142
>anon doesn't like a game with a metal soundtrack
>anon completely forgets he's playing on PC, thus can play literally anything else on his media player
>or turn the music off
>decides to make fart noises on a youtube video and post it to 4chan
>>
>>342641519
This is the best we could have got for an AAA Doom game. Did you forget that the original build was meant to be a call of duty clone?
>>
the AAA game with the worst soundtrack ever was Far Cry 3. Dubstep would literally start playing as you fought enemies, it was terrible.

Fun game though
>>
>>342641687
>playing anything in the background while playing games
Jesus fucking christ, how horrible!

And dear lord, how dare you criticize a game's overall design choices!

>>342641968
We could've got 200% better Doom game from an AA developer instead. Ironically, Bethesda thought said devteam was "2small" to create such a "big" game.
>>
Painkiller a best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_It85v6wuyw
>>
>>342641048
it wasnt Doom 1/2 good, but I liked it.
>>
>>342641048
not liking industrial/metal is down to personal taste, so on that note your only real solution is to go fuck yourself

however the praise of the soundtrack, beyond how fitting it is for the gameplay, has more to do how dynamic it is, and how all the weapon sounds fit with it really well (especially the pulse rifle fuc)
>>
>>342641048
I gave it a listen. Most of it feels like The Fragile Era Nine Inch Nails lite. The other parts are that but with MUH WUBSTEP shit thrown in. Overall it's pretty bad and this is coming from someone who loves NIN.
>>
File: 1374802131402.gif (758 KB, 300x139) Image search: [Google]
1374802131402.gif
758 KB, 300x139
>>342642125
For some games it's mandatory. Not because the game has a bad soundtrack, but because you spend so much time playing.
>Mount and Blade: Warband
>Any MMORPG
>Any multiplayer game that's not an FPS
And sure, being critical of a game's design choices, or in particular, it's soundtrack, is important.
But you didn't form a very intelligent argument, so I called you out on it.

You could have said something like a different soundtrack focusing on ambience would have worked better for hellscape levels, trying to draw players into a horror style immersion while keeping the fast paced action.

That would have been a valid argument to start a discussion with. And hey, I might have been inclined to agree.
But nah, Doom was written with lots of heavy metal music in mind. Sticking to that tradition was a good idea, and having something sounding contemporary instead of 1980s is still fitting. Because Doom 4 is a continuation of Doom 1/2, not a reboot, or a rehash.
>>
>>342643515
Oh right and why the fuck was half the ost a remix of E1M1
>>
>kids calling it dubstep

laughing my lols off over here
>>
It sounds too serious honestly
It as if they wanted it to be hardcore and instead it sounds edgy as fuck
>>
>>342641048
Last time I made a thread like this /v/ called me retarded, said I don't know what good music is and said it's not even wub wub wub.

So there you go. The answer is because gaming audiences now are retards with shit taste.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.