[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so amazingly right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: Dark_cloud_2_us_front.jpg (141 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
Dark_cloud_2_us_front.jpg
141 KB, 640x908
What went so amazingly right?
>>
Teh Magic.
>>
the first one is better
mainly due
>no golf
>no taking pictures
>>
File: 1466466437974.png (756 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466466437974.png
756 KB, 1280x720
They used their experience and criticisms from the first game to improve and make a great game
The real question is what the fuck went so wrong with Level 5?
>>
>>342632040
>complaining about optional content
faggots like you are the reason why games are 10-hour-long railroaded one-trick-ponies these days
>>
>>342632452
more like
>miss able optional content
who taught it was a good idea to have you take pictures during boss fights
the golf was forced shit
>>
>>342632040
I loved having to take pictures. The gold was good to an extent. After a certain point it became such a big chore, but it's excusable. But that camera thing, fucking loved it.
>>
It's a hell for completionists
That's why it's not as good
>>
File: life-aura.gif (163 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
life-aura.gif
163 KB, 600x600
>>342633139
It's not so bad, you can store the scoops to albums and collect most of the in game requirements on your first playthrough.

It's not as bad as say, MMBN games.
>>
>>342633216
Who mentioned the scoops

I'm talking about fishing and Spheda
Especially fucking Spheda
>>
File: 143412423.jpg (20 KB, 340x252) Image search: [Google]
143412423.jpg
20 KB, 340x252
I want to fuck Monica so much.
>>
>>342633278
Literally nothing wrong with spheda. If you have a bad ball position you can literally just restart the map until you have a better one.
There is no better feel than getting the ball and the goal to spawn right next to each other on Balance Valley's dungeon.
>>
What is the best NPC and why is it Milena?
What is the worst NPC and why is it Sheriff "get to the boat across town and back in between heartbeats to recruit me" Blinkhorn?
>>
>>342632040
one is a boring glitchy mess. the only redeemable part is the town building is better
>>
>>342633981
>just restart the map
>JUST

You mean, you have to fucking beat every monster on the map again just for a chance for a better ball. And it doesn't always give you a better position.

Not to mention you have to do this a shitton of times due to that many dungeon areas.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (973 KB, 2611x1958) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
973 KB, 2611x1958
>>342634134
The only hard Spheda dungeon is Starlight Valley because about 80% of the dungeon is literally a pitfall and the twists and turns the dungeon makes don't play nice with the algorithm that gives you the number of hits allowed.
>>
my save of this game got deleted somewhere near the end, scared me for life
>>
File: jjcHmtW.gif (1 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
jjcHmtW.gif
1 MB, 359x202
Been wanting to play this. I'm not a completionist but is easy to miss entire sections of the game without a guide?
>>
>>342634997
The optional content doesn't add anything to the story and only inventions for the gameplay, it's mostly mini-game stuff. You can play through the whole game and the bonus dungeon no guide needed
>>
>>342634997
It's not needed for just a normal playthrough, you will want a guide for the crafting/photos if missables get on your nerves though.
>>
>>342634997
Not entire sections, but it's easy to miss a lot of photography shots of either objects or bosses doing specific actions.

You use said photography shots to construct "ideas" about items that you use as the basis of crafting things, like weapons or parts for your robot.
>>
>>342631587
This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vCYBxyLvI0
>>
>>342633587
Get in line.
>>
File: time.png (3 MB, 1917x1077) Image search: [Google]
time.png
3 MB, 1917x1077
>>342634116
Is having trouble with Blinkhorn's challenge a meme? I honestly don't get why so many people complain about it, even without recruiting that pointy-eared dwarf standing in the middle of the pier.
Or do those people just take the other path in front of the duck doctor's clinic?

>>342634997
Most missables are event/boss photography scoops, but as long as you visit Donny every so often (just before an event map is the best) you should know something's coming up.

Other than that, you lose access to the future in the postgame (chapter 8) which means you miss out on regular photos you didn't take (you should have the scoops if you've been visiting Donny) as well as any tiny chests with powerups you might have missed.

There's not really much point to them other than crafting (and rewards for leveling up photography) from Donny, though. You can easily complete the game without them.
>>
Not as good as the first, but still good.
>>
I only played this years ago up to around where you meet the big freaky fish thing. I wasn't crazy about it because it was so different from the original and I was too much of a dumbass to actually give it a chance.

Been kicking myself since then. Need to pick it up again.
>>
>>342637031
>>342632040
>it's a "X was better than Y but i'm not going to give a straight answer as to why" episode
>>
So Monster Transformation is useless but how would you make it good without removing it outright?
>>
>>342635410
>>342635418
>>342635482
>>342635878

Alright thanks niggas, wanted to make sure I wouldn't miss anything too important going guideless, so thanks for the tips.
>>
>>342638598
Other than the obvious "give it bigger numbers"...
>another source for moon and sun (?) badges that doesn't involve photo autism
>like ridepod, monster dying doesn't mean monica dies
>a way to replenish the "badge fuel" mid-dungeon
>can convince monsters from your species to fight tougher monsters from other species (the ones you'd normally use ridepod against)
>occasionally they want to trade shit (hey, do you have A? I'll give you B for it." type of stuff, not much unlike the Himarra that gives you sundrops in chapter 2)
>scrap the grindy exp system and replace it with literally anything else, even a weapon-like system where you synth shit with the badges to up their numbers is good
>>
>>342635878
I loved how you had to take a photo of Blinkhorn's belt haha.
>>
So, what has level 5 been doin? Last major title I heard them doing was Ni no Kuni.
>>
>>342634637
You clearly haven't played this shit

Hardest Spheda is in the very first dungeon
>>
>>342640302
Aren't they making like a Ni No Kuni 2?
>>
>>342640302
They've been doing the Yokai Watch games and Ni No Kuni 2 is in development
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (215 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
215 KB, 500x394
>>342640114
>literally no other character has an idea associated with specific parts of them or their clothing
>all that time wasted photographing every polygon in every NPC's body
>>
>>342631587
I don't know how anyone could stand the Georama bullshit.
>>
I was always kind of surprised there wasn't anything between Max and Monica: considering they're both hormonal teens and I had Monica running around in a leopard print bikini, you would have thought you could have cut the sexual tension with a knife.

Still, due to the time travel, I guess it's for the best.
>>
>>342634637

I remember making the ball bounce in place indefinitely in the Volcano.

Another time it spawned in the ocean caves with 12 shots, right next to the hole.

Spheda was glitchy but fun. But yeah, taking pictures of bosses was a bit bullshit since they had to be doing certain moves for it to count.
>>
>>342631587
>Playing Dark Cloud 1
>Having fun building my little town
>Dungeons are fuckin cool
>Am i a girl or a boy?
>idk idc
>find that cat
>name cat after irl cat
>cat turns into some fucking loli later on
>realise i have to play as loli named after my cat to advance through the game
>turn of game

Still haven't completed it.
>>
>>342641623
I've always thought the normal monster scoops were much worse. Especially reactionary shit like the first balloon mech in the sewers doing that flipping ability once every 10 hours, and when he finally does it you need lightning reflexes to actually catch him on the photo.
>>
>>342642479
I got around to playing the first game last year. Combination of your fucking cat turning into fuck bait+just the way she looked was off putting to me as well.
And I simply named the thing mittens.
>>
>>342642479
iktf
dark cloud 1 taught me to literally always use default names for pre-made characters
>>
File: DCer_01.webm (3 MB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
DCer_01.webm
3 MB, 300x228
>>342642479
>>
Only major flaw was town building was under utilized.

You can so many more options and freedom compared to the first game. But ultimately all there is to do is meet the very rigid completion requirements and move on to the next town.

Still a fun game regardless.
>>
>>342646046
This. Building shit can be fun, but fuck the requirements and that really low building cap (polymers? i don't remember what it's called).

Can you even build freely at any point? At least in Ch. 7 when you've gotten all the requirements out of the way? I faintly remember always sending people back to the train just before finishing Ch. 7 because some places like Balance Valley's platforms become completely inaccessible because you lose access to the flying machine in Chapter 8, and you'd lock yourself out of the people living there, and even on Venantonio and Heim Rada if you built half-assedly and used no stairs, just to meet the requirements due to always being short on cash.

I wish I know more games that have similar(ish) town building mechanics, though.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.