[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is one of the best games in recent decade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: alien-isolation-cover.jpg (46 KB, 601x650) Image search: [Google]
alien-isolation-cover.jpg
46 KB, 601x650
This is one of the best games in recent decade
>>
>>342629064
I enjoyed it too
>Has one of the best Title Screens i know
>>
Door Opening Mini-Games: The Video Game
>>
>>342629504
They stay consistent so if you actually know what to do you don't even get button prompts. The entire point is that you can't sprint from area to area to cheat the AI.
>>
>sega wont make a sequel because it didn't sell 10 million on launch

fucking sega
>>
>>342630097
I blame Gearbox for poisoning the Alien IP in videogames.
>>
GOTY 2014
>>
It was pretty great. The retro-futurism was done just right, the atmosphere was THICC and the Ayy was good (great with the unpredictable mod). Further it avoided the problem of games like Amnesia and Penumbra in that you weren't completely defenseless and could do something other than running away.
>>
File: Comfy Guy Inside™.png (40 KB, 362x362) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Guy Inside™.png
40 KB, 362x362
>>342629374

Fuck wrong image
>>
>>342630382
Yup. I'm amazed they had the balls to stay true to the original Alien film instead of putting smartphones, apps and holographic display technology like most modern games/films do (see Prometheus). That retro-futurism really clicked with me
>>
I kinda wish this game and Amnesia had a post-completion exploration mode. I just want to walk around the comfy castle and comfy space station with none of the debris or damage.
>>
I liked it, but fucking hell the last 2-3 chapters were just annoying and could've been removed.
>>
>>342630097
>>342630203
CM Marines sold well.

Isolation was considered a failure.

Enjoy our world!
>>
It's surprisingly good. However, it is too long. A long game is fine if it keeps giving you new stuff to see or do - A:I is the same thing over and over and over again. You get a shotgun, your gadgets get a bit stronger and the synthetics get a bit tougher. That's it.

Of course, when the worst thing I can think of is that it's too long, then it's not a bad game. It just repeats itself too much.
>>
>>342630978
I didn't know I wanted this but I do now.
>>
Was my GOTY 2014, no contest. I love it.
Yet I couldn't bring myself to finish it more than once because it's so tense. I have started nightmare and did two one-hour sessions over the last year or so. At least I finished the included DLCs.
>>
I liked the game more before you got the flamethrower
>>
>>342630978
Is there not a mod for that? I have the game on Xbox anyway, but I figured you l33t PC dudes would have figured it all out.
>>
Wasn't this game bloated as fuck?

Haven't played it but from what I've heard it was about three times longer than it deserved to be. Can't stand that shit.
>>
>>342631657
what do you mean by bloated? Its length? It can feel slightly repetitive when it comes to puzzles and opening doors, but the thing is that the alien can come out of nowhere and kill you there unless you calculate properly that you're safe. It's not that bad.

People complaining about the moving of goalposts are full of IGN shit
>>
>>342631657
It overstays its welcome a bit, but is nowhere near bloated. A few of the end chapters could have been cut, but the game carries itself well enough that it doesn't feel like a chore to finish.
>>
>>342631615
I haven't looked it up for Isolation, but shortly after I beat Amnesia I learned that the levels aren't knitted together all that great and therefor the only option is to remove the monsters with mods. Which isn't great 'cause the joint is still all jacked up.

I think it's the same with Isolation. They can only remove the Alien, and not really do everything else.

This always sucks because horror games have such amazing ambience and atmosphere.
>>
I had 5 nightmares because of this game and screamed like a bitch a few times. Never screamed in horror movies or other games ever before.

Loved it, played through it 4 times, it's also the first game I got the platin trophy.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.