[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how many hours did you need to get into pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: .png (1 MB, 902x800) Image search: [Google]
.png
1 MB, 902x800
how many hours did you need to get into pic related?
>>
>>342624765
0 because i had been playing the series since MHFU
>>
>>342624765

It gets good about 20 hours in.
>>
>>342624765
100 or so.

I probably would've put more in if I didn't drop it for a couple months. Still had fun.
>>
>>342624765
Time it takes to get into it varies based on how inquisitive you are and how much you look at the wiki. I'd say once you start to understand what all the armor skills do, and when to move, and when to attack, the game becomes fun.

You'll spend a ton of time floundering, though, if you try to play something like HBG or Gunlance out of the gate that have massive recovery frames on different meneuvers. Or if you try to use a weapon like it's a typical hack and slash game.

Best way to get into the combat is pick Greatsword, and only focus on getting Unsheathing Level 3 Charge Attacks, before sheathing and running around again. This is like playing with training wheels on and helps a ton. Similarly hammer is a really good training weapon, the level 2 charge that lets you swoop forward into an uppercut is great for learning.
>>
None, been playing since Freedom Unite.
>>
>>342625229

IG is also not a good beginner weapon

It's a little complicated
>>
>>342624765
It gets fun after 40 hours.
>>
>>342624765
i'd say 15 to 20. i'm well over 200 hours now
>>
about 400
>>
>>342625453
Really anything with attack combos is bad for beginners. They need hit and run weapons to really get the game. Like GS, Ham, and Bow.
>>
Opinions on dual blades? First MonHun i like and i canĀ“t find a reason to switch to other weapons. I'm already in level 4 quests in single player.
>>
>>342624765
An hour or s, after you've finished with the tutorial stake grilling quests and the first real large monster quests open up to you.
>>
File: 1466658666654.jpg (51 KB, 820x774) Image search: [Google]
1466658666654.jpg
51 KB, 820x774
>>342624765
>getting into MH
>taking time
Unless you are completely new you know how to start the game strong and to keep going.

Now if your talking from a new player perspective, it would probably take the average person 30min-6hrs(ifurshite) to finish the initial tutorial shit.

I'd say 2hrs total to get your shit in order and test a few weapon movesets.
5-20hrs to get a beginner set up and grind a few mats for healing and overall ease of play.

Give or take time based on if you feel like figuring shit out entirely yourself, or looking up a couple guides/loot tables.
>>
Took me a while.
And now I don't even want to touch MH Generations because I got burnt out on relic farming.
>>
>>342625453
IG is a gamble, can be the best or the worst teacher and it is reality easier to get into.

CB on the other hand to actually use it correctly you need to invest atleas 30 hours no joking.
>>
File: 1460442033161.jpg (182 KB, 760x749) Image search: [Google]
1460442033161.jpg
182 KB, 760x749
>>342624765
395 hours and 39 minutes.
>>
took me about 5000 hours but I heard it starts getting really good towards the 20000 mark
>>
Monster Hunter games are autistic as fuck.

I've played MMORPG's with better pacing even.
>>
>>342624765
If you mean 4U specifically then only like half an hour before the good quests started showing up. Really they made it much faster to go through the tutorial section compared to previous games, used to be that they made you do a lot of gathering or small monster quests before you even get to the fight the first jobber.
>>
>>342624765
0. Dropped it after 10h.
Didn't like the "big city" setting.
>>
>>342625840
If you like it, stick with it, but your tastes may change as you progress through high rank. If you ever hit a wall with a monster you just can't beat, go back a few ranks and make some gear for another weapon type out of monsters you can and try the weapon out.

Closest thing you might like, if you like DB, is Sword and Shield. If it seemed weird at first, you should really check out this vid demonstrating the way it's combos work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufsud-C09Yk
>>
>>342624765
Played for around 60 and it never clicked its a piece of shit game for literal autist.
>Story is shit
>Gameplay gets reptitive just keep playing to get bigger numbers with no real goal mind as well play fucking diablo because atleast that has a HUD
>Locked to a shitty handheld and a retarded company
>>
300. online halved the total playtime for me since i had 600 in mh3u without online and 100% solo
>>
>>342624765
Give it 10 hours, that is the time it will take you to learn how to use your weapon correctly, if you are new to the game, as for how long the game can go, well I'm not kidding when i say that people spend 1000+ hours on it.
>>
I bought 3U and 4U, yet still haven't "clicked" with them (5 hours in each).
Now everyone will just abandon them for Generations.
>>
>>342626183
>playing a fucking monster hunter game for the history

Has toe be a sonygger to actually be this mentally challenged.
>>
File: 1466535983777.jpg (176 KB, 318x946) Image search: [Google]
1466535983777.jpg
176 KB, 318x946
Currently downloading and setting up the MH Online mmo thats exclusive to China.

Supposedly easy to set up and play, and I believe theres a basic english translation patch. My buddy is already playing it and says its great (hes a fan on MH). Says it looks great, runs well and plays just like Monster Hunter. Says its fairly populated too.

Anyone else play it on the regs currently?
>>
>>342624765
>how many hours did you need to get into pic related?

Around 50h my friend made me keep going and it was fun together although I hated the game itself but after it clicked with me I started to love it.
>>
i didn't have my 3DS for the last month and i only played for few hours desu
i want to start again, but this game has so much content and mechanics it's scary
>>
>>342626575
>Supposedly easy to set up and play
You need a chinese mobile number to register.
It's also a typical f2p p2w mmo with MH brand slapped onto it.
Dem graphics tho.
>>
>>342626102
tell us more about what you played
>>
>>342625990

What are you talking about? CB is the easiest of the two. You can fuck up your IG by not knowing what you're doing.

CB all you need to get down is the controls. Which is easy since it's just a SnSAxe
>>
>>342627149
Not even him but you are a faggot.
To get 100 or even 90% out of your weapon you need like 20 hours with it.
>>
>>342627149
Typical clueless baguette user.
>>
>>342627798
>>342627969

Okay explain why, since apparently you know more than i do
>>
2 hours. Never touched it again. Overrated game.
>>
>>342626138
How is MH3 as a starting point for a new player??
>>
>>342628691
Scrub.

>>342630436
It's good. It's the only game in the series (other than Tri, which 3U is an expansion of) with underwater combat, though.
>>
>tfw playing MHFU on PPSSPP with friends and a good controller

Literally could not be comfier. Fuck every game after second gen.
>>
>>342630635

I hope we get water back in MH5
>>
>>342630797
E-e-e-enjoy your shitty hitboxes, Sonygger!! Mounting and hunter arts are good additions to the series!!
>>
>>342631029
Stay delusional, Nintenyearold. Your games are fucking garbage.
>>
>>342630635
Thanks anon but I'm speaking about MH tri, the one for the Wii.
Now that Dolphin 5.0 is out I would love to give this franchise a try.
>>
File: 1408904738881.gif (638 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1408904738881.gif
638 KB, 160x160
>>342630849
>I hope we get water back in MH5
>>
>>342631868

Yeah you retard, underwater was fun.

I'm sorry you were ass at undewater combat.

Comeback Abyssal Lagiacrus, I swear next time we meet I'll finally slay you.
>>
>>342631868
>not liking swimming combat
FUCKING
CASUALS
AMIRITE?
>>
>>342624765
It is much easier for new players to get into monster hunter. It is possible to get burnt out though.
I used switch axe a lot and by the time I got bored of it I was G-Rank and really didn't want to put in the time to make another weapon set.
>>
Does Generations have anything like the Everwood or Moga Woods?
It was fun just running around and fighting whatever monster decides to come your way
>>
>>342624765
however long it takes you to get through the gathering quests, so about 5 hours if you're slow
>>
I started with MHFU, but for that i needed a good chunk of hours.
I thought the game was absolute garbage at first and dropped it, but luckily i gave it a second chance.
>>
File: MonHun.png (1 MB, 2000x1636) Image search: [Google]
MonHun.png
1 MB, 2000x1636
Do you still play MH3U for the best Monsters List and comfy swimming?
>>
>>342632908
>takes five hours to "get into" a game
>people say it's a good game

How does this even happen?
>>
>>342633016
>Do you still play MH3U for the best Monsters List
Thats not how you spell MHFU
>>
Does MHG make it easier to switch equipment in between hunts when online? It was a massive pain to go to the caravan then all the way back when I wanted to change weapons.
>>
>>342633151
5 out of 200 or so isn't very bad.
>>
>>342633396

Yeah because that's a shit game you cling on for nostalgia.

3U is OBJECTIVELY better in every conceivable way. Just stop, don't even bother defending yourself.
>>
>>342633151
I think you overestimate how long five hours is when you get invested in a good game.

Really though, repeatedly playing the demo is a better teacher than just jumping right in. You can get a feel for the controls in a controlled environment. You're never in over your head, you have exactly what you need to succeed. It's what those "weapon training" quests in 4U were for.

I got a copy of the Tri demo from Gamestop and it's what got me into the series. I went from thinking it was impossible to trying to beat it in under five minutes. Once I knew how to play, starting from square one and gathering for myself felt much more satisfying.
>>
tfw will never witness and be a part of the fabled quad-cart
>>
>>342633920

Except those weapon training were complete shit.

Like they don't teach you anything in an intuitive way. They're just like hey these are your controls go hunt

Not that it matters to me since I'm a hammer expert but still
>>
>>342634028
Fight more 140 Teos.
>>
>>342634118
You're given equipment that will be more than enough to take out the monster in question, and a rudimentary explanation of how it works.

The intuitive part is supposed to be that you're given a place to practice using the weapon in a controlled environment: you're not in any immediate danger and don't need to bring your own supplies. You can try it without needing to make your own and it's not as difficult as the arena. You can try it all you want.
>>
>>342634028
I played with three /v/ anons one time and brought them into a 140 Rajang GQ which I painfully farmed by myself. They all carted within 2 minutes of entering its starting area, it was hilarious.
>>
>>342633709
They have a side area off the online guild hall where your have all the basic house amenities, so yes
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.