[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ hate it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: 01.jpg (246 KB, 691x1190) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
246 KB, 691x1190
Why does /v/ hate it?
>>
Because its a game for kids.
>>
>>342621658
Triforce quest.
>>
>>342622008
>Man this is fun! Should have replayed this years ago!
>Come the triforce hunt, noooope.
>>
>>342621658
Because we all desperately want to be cool.
>>
>>342621658
It's pretty boring. Bland dungeon design for the most part. Bosses were too easy. Triforce hunt filler and then the final boss is pretty much one of the only good parts of the game.

This was also the game most heavily influenced by the cinematic bug that plagued Zelda all the way up to Skyward Sword.

They wanted to make a cartoon using a game and failed miserably at it and then got salty when people called them on their bull.
>>
>>342622131
>TP is a game with multiple mini triforce quests plus all other kinds of rubbish
Does Aonuma hate us?
>>
>>342621658
Filler, sailing, triforce hunt, bad dungeons, same generic items, too cartoonish

Oh and WW Ganon isn't a good villian
>>
If you can manage to look past the ugly hideous vomit inducing graphics revealing how Aonuma utterly bastardized and deformed Link you'll have before you not simply the greatest betrayal of a fanbase in videogame history but also the easiest game you have ever played in your life.

Seriously Wand Wacker is so stupidly ridiculously easy it can be beaten in a single sitting.

I suppose thats why its titled "The Legend Of Celda: The Wand Wacker" as basically you can beat the game simply by mashing your controller buttons ie "wacking your wand" and since Aonuma practically included a "win" button for the game with that quick time event esque dodge button move its quite obvious that he wanted this sorry embarassment of a game to be so utterly over the top easy as to make extra certain we true Zelda fans had our intelligence as thoroughly insulted as possible.

Aonuma really hates Zelda and it's fans, that much is as clear as crystal, to anyone but the most die hard of Nintendo fanboy lobotomy patients.

Lets see what other dissapointments did this hack no talent Jimmy Fallon of Japan Eiji Aonuma include or rather NOT include in the game?

Oh THATS right!

Aonuma screwed over Wand Wacker's most dedicated damage controllists of the Nintendo fanboy collective that regularly pretend to love this game by not even bothering to finish it for them even after 10 WHOLE YEARS HE HAD TO DO SO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!

Nope, sorry Wand Wacker fans.
>>
Those 2-3 additional temples that were supposed to be in the original game? (no doubt filled to the brim with boring Aonuma puzzle gameplay and nonsensical LGBT homosexual, transgender and bi characters) Nowhere to be found.

See? Aonuma knows that as Nintendo fanboys you are a go along to get along spineless lot and will eat any swill he's willing to feed to you.

You don't get "better" because you don't "deserve" better because you won't stand up and "demand" better basically goes Aonuma and Nintendo's reasoning.

Aonuma knows this and reacts accordingly to all of you.

He reacts to you with disrespect and barely hidden contempt which you mistake (in your stupidity) as Japanese cultural quirkiness.

It is a well known adage that a Nintendo fanboy (or the Nintendo fanboy collective) will buy feces in a box and call it a Triple A game and their favorite game of all time so long as it has the Nintendo seal of approval or made by Nintendo label on the box so why should Eiji Aonuma the hack no talent Jimmy Fallon of Japan take busy time away from his hobby of creating wooden dolls to actually get to work and finish your Wand Wacker temples for you?

"Hahaha nonsense!

The fanboys will buy the game even if its unfinished"
>>
Kids who wanted to be adult and mature. These same kids play Halo and CoD.
>>
*Aonuma san remarked to a bewildered Adam Sausageler, well respected game journalist of effeminate prissy Nintendo fanboy d-bags everywhere*

*Sausageler's only response to this was a knowing head tilt and awkward bow before hungrily leaving Aonuma-sensai to eat his dinner of skinned cat and dog's head soup in peace*

This game gets 1 star since Amazon's system unfortunately will not allow anything lower.

Inevitably I suppose the question might pop up "If you don't like this game why buy it?"

Well to answer that knowing how delusional and fanatical the Nintendo fanboy base is I'm quite certain that possessing a mint copy of the "Wand Wacker HD" might go for a hefty amount of money in the future. So perhaps I could put the game in mint condition up on Amazon in 20 years from now and maybe selling it to some Nintendo fanboy delusional would then help pay for my future son's college education? Its certainly possible considering the level of insanity of Nintendo's fanbase.

Secondly I guess its no threat to my principles to buy this awful game at this point considering how poorly it's re-release has sold ie headlines such as its "drowning in Japan" do make me smile. So I guess if I ever get tired of holding onto it in hopes some future Nintendo fanboy delusional will pay out huge money for a mint condition copy it can always be used as either a skeet shooting target or perhaps a drink coaster as some other reviewers have considered using it as.
>>
>>342622686
>>342622771
>>342622871
/thread
>>
File: 1466728551916.png (694 KB, 1062x1044) Image search: [Google]
1466728551916.png
694 KB, 1062x1044
wow, nice a girl that is not zelda.

and surprise it's zelda.
>>
The Triforce hunt really slows things down a lot and the time spent finding the charts and grinding for rupees to have Tingle decipher them probably would have been better spent with more dungeons.

That said, I still enjoyed it overall. It's not my favorite Zelda, but it was still okay.
>>
>>342622862
I stood by Wind Waker when it came out, and caught a lot of shit from kids on the playground over it.
Years later, I played the game again and realized that it's shit. I should have got a PS2 instead.
>>
Because it actually has compelling gameplay, real non-handholding exploration, and simple but good graphics. /v/ loves garbage games like Majora's Mask which has none of that.
>>
i don't even remember this triforce hunt meme. ya'll are some fucking babies. best zeruda
>>
The TriForce hunt is fucking stupid.
>>
I enjoyed it
>>
>>342623092
>the mysterious tan skinned youth was princess Zelda in disguise?
>and Ganon kidnaps her after you finish awakening the sages?
>this turn of events is entirely original and not at all rehashing OoT yet again
>>
Really to not shit post amazon reviews on this topic for once the main argument against it is that in the Zelda formula you start normally with some easy dungeons to introduce you to dungeoning, wind waker due to content being cut NEVER GOES FARTHER THAN TRAINING DUNGEON DIFFICULTY for the most part. Still one of my favourite Zelda and the artwork is amazing.
>>
I always stop at the triforce hunt shit. Did that twice, never again. Also the ganondorf fight is carried almost entirely by the cinematography and buildup alone to mask how shit the actual battle is. There is literally no reason to do anything besides wait for muh press A to win mechanic. At least in some other zeldas you could potentially use other items you had in order to harm ganon but nope master sword only
>>
>>342622350
no it's just motivation to explore the empty environments that they spent too much time on.
>>
>>342622008
Played for the first time on the Wii U.
I know the triforce hunt was streamlined, but I didn't find it annoying, only the ghost pirate ship was underwhelming as fuck
>>
Parrying looks cool until you realize theres no reason not to abuse it every chance you get since it makes the simple combat fucking braindead

No real reason to ever fight with your dungeon items either.
>>
>>342623669
>too much time
Nig you know they barely did anything there for the most part. Don't lie.
>>
Who did the best abridged series on it?
>>
>>342621658
No idea

I love it
>>
File: 1438823053511.png (52 KB, 531x299) Image search: [Google]
1438823053511.png
52 KB, 531x299
Third best Zelda.

Second best OST.
>>
>>342623763
well like TP it was pretty developed. they just didn't have anything there. like it was all art. Wind Waker was just a random ass island, but still someone had to make it.
>>
>you will never play wind waker as it was intended to have been before time constraints fucked it
>nintendo didn't care about the original vision either when they re-released it

In a better world we would've had an expanded wind waker with all the cut content.
>>
>>342623327
No, the game holds your hand the entire playthrough except the "oops we ran outof time to finish the game" Triforce hunt.
>>
Press A to win feature and the triforce hunt which kills replayability. Thankfully you can only qte your way to victory on ganon, but thats not much better.
>>
The music and aesthetic was alright
>>
>bland, boring overworld that's an absolute chore to navigate
>easy dungeons that offer no challenge
>the triforce hunt
>assorted filler and padding that serves no purpose but to cover up how unfinished the game is
>hideous toon art style that has plagued the series since WW and refuses to go away

The story was the only thing I really liked about it, but even then it felt crippled by the game it was stuck in. One of the biggest crimes was the game's refusal to do anything with Hyrule. Instead of that shitty Triforce quest, it would've been much better if we had a chance to explore Hyrule and tackle a few dungeons unique to it.
>>
Like any game if you replay it too much all you're going to end up doing is eventually seeing the cons stand out until you start thinking its shit and wishing you could enjoy it again.
>>
>yfw a completed version of wind waker is literally never going to ever exist and there is nothing you can do about this
>>
comfiest game ever
>>
I liked it.
Link had more personality than usual, exploring the ocean was cool and new, awesome audio and visuals

>>342623850
>second best ost
Which is best?
>>
At first it seemed alright but several years later the flaws are going to be undeniable.
>>
It was definitely too easy and too short, but I liked the art style and music. Minor islands would have benefitted from more work but I liked the sea as well.
>>
File: 1466142315496.jpg (133 KB, 960x952) Image search: [Google]
1466142315496.jpg
133 KB, 960x952
>>342621658
way to easy and the starting pace is way too long and uninteresting to make it worth a 2nd replay. It's not bad though but people calling it their favorite Zelda game probably don't enjoy other Zelda games to begin with
>>
>all those shitty copy and paste 'reef' islands
>>
>>342623327
Majora's Mask is the definition of not holding the player's hand, to a fault.
>>
>>342621658

I dislike it personally because it feels so fillery. I didn't like the slow as fuck start, either. Getting thrown in to a shitty platforming tutorial then a forced stealth section, THEN a town quest was full retard.
>>
>>342623589
I'd say the only good one is the Wind Temple, and that is the last fucking one.
>>
>>342625206
I hate playing videogames too, tripfag
>>
theres horrible delay when saying to sue the grappling hook or boomerang, the great sea is abysmally boring and makes up 90% of the game, the triforce hunt is absolute garbage, the combat is piss easy, even compared to the already easy combat of the series, and the originals art style is disgusting

not to mention having the worst dungeons in the series, the third pearl LITERALLY just being given to you, the KoRL forcing you to go to the first three temples instead of getting to explore the world, the islands all being boring, having to pay ~1k rupees just for a bottle and treasure map, and the complete RNG of the Battleship minigame,
>>
>>342627340

also Tingle charging you THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY EIGHT FUCKING RUPEES FOR EACH TRIFORCE CHART
>>
Because some people like it therefore it's shit.
>>
>no dungeon for the blue pearl

lol
>>
>>342621658
Because kids who grew up with it are now opinion spouting social media fucktards.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.