[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14
File: PS4 and controller.jpg (123 KB, 1178x1500) Image search: [Google]
PS4 and controller.jpg
123 KB, 1178x1500
What went right?
>>
File: 1466475641524.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2892) Image search: [Google]
1466475641524.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2892
>>342618595
Almost everything. I just wish they dropped the PS+ multiplayer thing.
>>
everything
>>
>>342619354
Nah, Sony would have had far higher dominance if they had permanently reduced the cost to 300 dollars last year.

It's essentially wasted opportunity, they let Microsoft crawl back with 25 million sales when they could have crushed the Xbox instead.
>>
File: 1452393329667.jpg (94 KB, 674x585) Image search: [Google]
1452393329667.jpg
94 KB, 674x585
>>342618595
bloodborne
>>
Fetuses.
>>
>>342619276
I wish there was a version of that image without those stupid weeaboo games.
>>
>>342619946
But they are THE reason to get a PS4 over a PC.
>>
They made a no-nonsense machine that plays video games, meaning it could be relatively affordable early on and thus making it the go to machine for most consumers.

They made it easy to develop for and are working with third parties well so that they don't pull another PS3, meaning PS4 has a lot of third party support, which is the core driving force in continued hardware sales in this industry.

They're the only company with relatively good relations with third parties in all major markets. Nintendo only has good relations with very specific companies like Capcom and Ubisoft, while Microsoft only has good relations with western studios and publishers. Sony's got history as well as an audience for both western studios and Japanese ones, meaning they get essentially everything that isn't being funded by Microsoft or Nintendo.
>>
>>342618595

> Having the greatest game this generation, so far.

I honestly wish BB was multiplat just so everyone can enjoy it as much as I did.
>>
>>342618595
Kojima obviously
>>
"we're the least shit"
>>
File: 1460844577518.png (46 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1460844577518.png
46 KB, 920x900
>>342620614
this
>>
>>342618595
Microsoft fucked up badly when they announced shit like DRM and the godawful announcement conference before the release of the Xbone and Nintendo failed to secure 3rd party support for the Wii U.
>>
>>342618595
> Bloodborne
> Digimon Cyber Sleuth (for Vita as well)
> Street Fighter 5 (PC as well)
> Enter the Gungeon
> Horizon: Zero Dawn
> KH 2.8
> God of War: Viking Dad edition
> Resident Evil 7
> Umbrella Corps
> Crash Bandicoot Remaster
> Kojima's Death Stranding
> Detroit: Become Human
> Dragon Quest XI
> Final Fantasy VII-R
> Gravity Rush 2
> The Last Guardian
> Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
> Persona 5
> Tales of Zestiria
> Tales of Berseria
> World of FF

Feels good man
>>
>>342620548
That sounds like a good summary.

The Xbox had too much TV nonsense in it, and they made it non-competitive with the pricing.
>>
>>342620548
This tbqh

It has no gimmick to it down to the core
>>
Everyone else shit the bed while they competently marketed a new console. They also got people to be on board with both paid online and remasters for days, so everyone else REALLY fucked up for that one to fly.
>>
It did almost nothing new, it just didn't fuck up nearly as bad as the other consoles.
>>
>>342621513

I'd consider streaming and soon to be VR to be gimmicks. Also that touchpad on the controller.
>>
>>342621716
I wish the controller didn't have that retarded touchpad and lightbar. It probably fix the short battery life as well.
>>
File: 1.jpg (544 KB, 800x1242) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
544 KB, 800x1242
Sony (top): We need This and That, the end.

Microsoft (bottom): We need This and That, and that gimmick over there, and that gimmick in your shelf for the DRM, and we need that thingy in the garage for NBS streaming... oooh OHH don't forget we need THESE for Kinnect as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 173x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 173x287
>>342621716
Touchpad is literally just 2 buttons more, I havent seen a lot of game using it like a gimmick. And the VR is on PC and XBox too so...
>>
>>342622081
the fact they still use the fucking x clamps blows my fucking mind

i dont understand why they choose to keep using it.
>>
>>342621926
>>342621716
The lightbar was a stupid thing.

But that touchpad is actually a really good multi button.
Next time you have a DS4 in your hand, try to click on it, it gives a very satisfying tactile feedback like a good button should.
>>
>>342621926
Agreed, the Light drains the battery a lot. I hate charging my controller once a day
>>
>>342618595
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ht-0Hne4EU
>>
File: xbox-one-internals.jpg (1 MB, 3673x2755) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one-internals.jpg
1 MB, 3673x2755
>>342622081
The gimmicks are all software on the Xbox One and the Kinect only requires an extra spot on the IO panel in the back to connect it. The reason the Xbox One is so huge is the bigger cooler to avoid another RRoD, and that metal cage to make it more durable. Compare pic related to...
>>
>>342622460
AND YET THEY STILL USE XCLAMPS ON THE XBONE
>>
File: PS4-1.jpg (44 KB, 588x424) Image search: [Google]
PS4-1.jpg
44 KB, 588x424
>>342622460
...to this cooler. I know it's hard to compare scale because this picture is closer up, but still, you can tell the Xbox One has a better cooler. The PS4 uses a blower style cooler, which is worse than an open air one provided the open air one has proper ventilation (ie: if your case is big enough).
>>
Personally I think that this generation is one of the best of all time. So fucking many games are released on all consoles that cater to everybodys taste. Great multiplats, great smaller budget games and indies are making this gen so enjoyable.

Personally I am inclined to PS4 more and more because it offers the most games I want to play than any other platform, but I'll certainly buy other consoles too.

This is really the golden age of gaming.
>>
>>342622630
Actually, radial fans are not inherently worse than axial fans.

They are just meant for completely different applications.
>>
>>342622630

blow it out your ass
>>
>>342618595
Sony always wins
>>
>>342622142

So it shares gimmicks. Doesn't mean it doesn't have them.
>>
>>342622636
I dont know, I think PS2 was the golden age of Sony, N64 for Nintendo and XBox360 for Microsoft
>>
Everything went wrong for Microsoft and Nintendo so Sony just kinda won by default.
>>
>>342622863
You are literally retarded. It doesnt shares gimmicks, is a gimmick every console has.

Except for Nintendo, Nintendo only has Dildos/Controllers gimmicks along with shitty games
>>
>>342618595
It wasn't xbox

literally it
>>
>>342622460

damn, sempai
that cooler is sexy as fuck

i know my xbone will never melt and crack the solder like the chinese piss station does
>>
>>342622636
I agree man, call me an idiot or a shill but I don't care to replay old games unless they have trophy support.

That being said I love PS2 games for PS4 over BC because they have trophy support. I'm just eagerly waiting the couple games I really want.
>>
>>342622935
>N64 for Nintendo
That's not 2003-2004 era Gamecube
>>
>>342622081
>tfw it's so weak that it doesn't have heat sink
kek
>>
2017 from the looks of it. Resi and proper Gran Turismo is all I care about right now.
>>
Funny you say this my ps4 just shut down an hour ago, due to heat.

Still works, but i had it on all day, too
>>
>>342622802
Blower style coolers have their advantages, like not adding the heat from the processor/GPU into the rest of the case and heating up the other components, but the Xbox One has a bigger fan, a bigger heatsink, and more ventilation. It's clearly better. Theoretically, the Xbox One fan can run at a lower RPM for the same thermal performance as the PS4 so it would be quieter. I don't really know how loud the PS4 is to say if that's a significant issue though.
>>
>>342622630
Blower is just not recomended for overclocking, but if you want overall less heat inside the case it is better since it directs the air outside. While the open air like Xbox one just blow the hot air away from the core.
>>
>>342623218
My PS4 overheats sometimes but only in the summer so it isn't too bad and only ever when I am marathoning a game
>>
>>342623156
I dont remember a lot of good games for the GC. For N64 theyre classics like Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Banjo and Kazooie 1 & 2, Smash Bros, Súper Mario 64, Mario Party, and Starfox 64
>>
>>342623426
Not him, but I think the thing about gens before last was every platform had some great games, but always had one killer multiplayer game. That was the standout difference. We don't have those anymore. I haven't enjoyed a multiplayer game in so long now.
>>
>>342619946
I wish there was a video games board without you
>>
I hope Sony is super competitive when NX launches to sabotage it.
>>
>>342621716
I'd be mad about the lightbar but it helps me like everyday finding the controller in my dark room after I set it down somewhere for any reason

The battery life is meh, but atleast you can use micro usbs
>>
>>342618595
It's keeping the Japanese from going mobile only.
Hell, it's selling so well that many of them are now scrambling to make games for the thing.
>>
>>342623628
Ikr, the only couch multiplayer I have seen that is kinda good is Rocket League
>>
>>342624008
I like Fifa for that, and do play Fifa online also, but it's literally the only online game I play.

Every shooter I've played has been worse than the last. I got Battlefield Hardline for £3.99 and it's absolutely fucking horrible.
>>
>>342618595
Microsoft fucking up big time with Xbox One before even launching it, that's what has given Sony and PS4 the edge this generation.
>>
>>342624140
Try playing The Division with bad internet connection, youll want to kill yourself
>>
File: Mighty No. 9 Years Late.webm (1 MB, 1280x704) Image search: [Google]
Mighty No. 9 Years Late.webm
1 MB, 1280x704
Timeline of what happened

>Atari destroying everyone in the market
>Market got fucked by shitty games in excess quantities because of this
>Nintendo saves gaming industry for the west
>Sega competing with better graphics with Genesis/MegaDrive (because that was in response to the NES)
>Nintendo makes the SNES in response and war begins between 2 great companies
>Nintendo struck a deal with Sony, but the contract sucked for Nintendo so they dropped it and went to Philips for SnesCD attachment
>Sony gets fucked but instead of not taking part they enter the market out of anger for being fucked by Nintendo
>They take what scraps they had and reworked it to a standalone system to compete with the Saturn and N64 (which favorably came out a year after the PS1 released)
>Sells fucking great because it was cheap, was 3d and benefits for developing for it were preferable
>Effectively killed Sega off more than Nintendo could but they weren't done yet
>Generation comes to a close and Sega throws their system in one more time to try and stay in the market
>It fails due to the PS2 being announced due to the DVD compatibility (and piracy among other reasons)
>Nintendo Announces the Gamecube
>And then out of fucking nowhere Microsoft announces the Xbox because DirectX and easy game making
>Power wise PS2 is the worst but sells best because of huge success from PS1 (and cheapest DVD player on the market)
>Succeeds in sales figures 2 generations in a row
>All because they were mad at Nintendo for shafting them
>Next generation shows up
>MS gets in early with the 360 but it's shitty hardware ruins everything
>Wii sells fucking great because gimmicks that are actually well done (and cheap)
>PS3 comes out and flops hard because of price
>Eventually makes more sales over time after removing components (like ps2 hardware emulation, size, card reader)
>Loses once to a gimmick
>Tries not to fuck it up the next time with PS4
>NEO Scorpion and NX are next

Sony is just assmad due to Nintendo
>>
Nintendo didn't name their console the Wii 2 and Microsoft committed career suicide on live stream just days after the NSA leaks. You would think that billion dollar companies would think before making such retarded marketing disasters, but I don't have a business degree so I can't say shit.
>Pic related was a top selling item for Xbox one on Amazon years after release
That's how you know they fucked up bad.
>>
File: IMG_20160617_155623.jpg (268 KB, 2000x1433) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160617_155623.jpg
268 KB, 2000x1433
it has plenty of games
>>
I think the best part about it is it proved most people who game aren't brand loyalists.
>>
>>342624140
That's damn true too. FPS are stagnant as fuck I don't get why the normies love them so much.
>>
bloodborne was basically the reason i bought a ps4 instead of an xbone
>>
>>342624543
They are, but console owners don't make the buying decisions, their parents do.
>>
>>342625269
Some are. How fucking delusional are you that all console owners are kids? Parents don't know what the hell to buy anyways their kids just tell them. There's plenty of adults who game on consoles.>>342625134
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.