[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I kinda miss the Layton games. Too bad the series is over.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
I kinda miss the Layton games.

Too bad the series is over.
>>
Why did they decide to end it anyway? They could've easily kept on making more. Do they hate money?
>>
>>342618653
Series stopped selling and they found more money in yokai watch.
>>
>>342618228
they literally just announced that there's a new game in development
>>
>>342618763
Kinda hard to buy the new games after the fucking abomination that the last specter was
>>
>>342618857
Miracle Mask was pretty ok, and Azran Legacy was good too (except the ending)
>>
>>342618228
Literally wait until July 27th.
>>
>>342618936
>(except the ending)
That's true for all the games. Their biggest flaw is the retarded twist endings.
>>
>>342618994
fuck you i liked the ending in unwound future
>>
>>342618994
I actually fucking LOVED curious's village retarded twist.
>>
>>342619052
Unwound Future is the only good ending though because it subverts the series' usual "It wasn't really X all along!" twists. as well as rooting it in character.
>>
>>342618994
Miracle Mask's ending was fine, no ludicruous twists.
>>
Someone post the Bridge comic
>>
>>342619235
Miracle Mask's had the opposite problem of being overly boring and predictable.
>>
>>342619128
but, "It wasn't really the future all along!"
>>
>>342619345
I didn't mind the focus on characters instead. The teenage Layton chapters were top comfy.
>>
>>342618792
>>342618228
http://nintendoeverything.com/new-layton-inazuma-eleven-games-to-be-announced-next-month/

If it's on 3ds I'll be honestly hype, PL is one of the best series on DS
>>
File: LaytonIncorrect.png (7 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
LaytonIncorrect.png
7 KB, 256x192
>>342619738
>mfw smartphone only
>>
>>342619351
The "future London was actually underground" twist is just as silly as "hallucinogenic gas". People just give it a pass because of the feels.
>>
>>342619860
Layton games aren't focused on storytelling.

The twist happens because it happens and fuck you. They don't explain or go further on how it's possible. It just is.

These are puzzle games featuring a story
If you want story games featuring puzzles, play Zero Escape
>>
>>342620075
You don't have to tell me this, Layton is my favorite DS/3DS series and Zero Escape is right behind it.
>>
>>342619351
But Laytons GF really did time travel
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.