[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total Warhammer bros, I just started the Vampire Counts campaign.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Mannfred_von_Carstein.png (872 KB, 587x852) Image search: [Google]
Mannfred_von_Carstein.png
872 KB, 587x852
Total Warhammer bros, I just started the Vampire Counts campaign. What are some good battle tactics/army make up for them?

Also general Total War discussion.
>>
infantry in the front, archers in the back, cavalry in the flanks.
>>
>>342618336
VAMPIRE COUNTS CAMPAIGN

Yes, archers in the back :^)
>>
File: 1464987463186.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1464987463186.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>342618336
>>
OP here, I've heard advice ranging from use cheap units like zombies combined with a bunch of Vargulf's and elite units,vs getting armies composed of high tier units like Grave Guard. Any experienced people have advice?
>>
>>342619684

Depends on who you're facing, versus dwarves and humans you want some fodder units to eat the ranged attacks as you close in, so zombies and skellies. But if you're rich as fuck with a good income you may as well just get tons of grave guards supported by cav and flying monsters.

Remember that you have limited good spells, spirit leech and the curse of...someone, are your go to spells on vamps
>>
>>342616782
I'm still sad we didn't get based Vlad and instead we've got that spoiled brat Manfred.

Also next factions will be Wood Elves and Beastmen. My guts are telling me so.
>>
>>342620443

Wood Elves sound fun, the opposite of vamps, shit melee units, great archers supported by monstrous units, not sure how the beasties would play though.
>>
>>342619684
Cairnwraiths are amazing but not indestructible. Use them right though and they cut through whole units. Same goes for there Calvary equivalent.
>>
>>342616782

Dont autoresolve if you got single unit monsters in your army, they take most of the damage and are at a huge risk to die.
>>
Start with Mannfred, get one lucky with one of those Wind of Magic items, skill Spirit Leech and The Fate of Bjuna. Congrats Manfred can now solo entire 20 Stacks on his own, enjoy your Legendary Campaign.
>>
>>342620602
>not sure how the beasties would play though
Betting that it will be like Warriors of Chaos, but with buildable Beastmen hideouts that can be build everywhere and can be used to drain provinces of food (population to be precise) and money.

They'd be automatically concealed so that armies wouldn't see them on the spot (and they become visible when the enemy comes dangerously close).

Also bonuses to ambushes and ability to ignore terrain and move through forests.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.