[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hey Dickhead I know you want to play our game but how about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1466756096214.gif (67 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1466756096214.gif
67 KB, 600x400
>Hey Dickhead I know you want to play our game but how about you scroll very slowly through our EULA
Why is this allowed?
>>
Never seen that, what are you talking about? It's either just press "agree" or scroll down to the bottom and then press agree, which takes no time at all.
>>
only seen this from science software, which games does this?
>>
>>342612805
>scroll
Just grab the scroll bar with your mouse and drag that shit all the way to the bottom you dipshit.
>>
>>342612805
WHAT IS THE "END" KEY ON MY KEYBOARD?
>>
>Hey anon I know you want to talk about games on /v/ and not boring shitty threads barely even related to them but here's my dumb anime picture and shitty question
>>
>>342616720
>mfw
How did I never know it did that?
>>
>>342616983
Stupid cunt
>>
File: 1373565276306.jpg (58 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1373565276306.jpg
58 KB, 251x251
>EULA pops up
>can't click agree until you scroll to the bottom
>scroll to the bottom, click accept
>"Wow! You read at 24356 WPM! That's really impressive! You might want to read it again, just to be safe!"
>won't let you click it until a few minutes have passed
>>
>>342617627
And what game or program does this, anon
>>
>>342618014
super mario
>>
>>342618175
I don't know of any Super Marios that have an EULA.
>>
>>342612805
> buy game
> play game
> EULA comes up
> sounds shady, don't agree
>"sorry, can't play the game until you agree!"
> have to sign life away just to play a game

Why isn't this illegal
>>
>>342616983
>yfwnf

Spooky
>>
>>342612805
PUFFY
>>
>>342618626
Because it's a fucking legal document. A concept most of /v seems to find hard to grasp. If you disagree with the EULA, don't use the software.
>>
>>342618626
it is, EULAs and ToS are only allowed to have things in them that you can expect. Anything that falls out of this scope is null and void. At least this is how it is here in krautland.
>>
>>342618949
>>342618958
The game didn't say I had to agree to an EULA when I bought it.
>>
>>342619184
Why should it? As an adult you should be aware that you have to agree to the terms of the publisher/developer. If there wouldn't be this step, then you could do anything you want with the software (as in redistribute, sell, etc.) which obviously isn't fair to the company that is selling you the game. They're offering you something, and you have to agree on their terms if you want to buy and use it.
>>
>>342619184
Are you 12?
>>
>>342619723
> buy car
> once car is paid for, salesman tells me I either agree to not have any passengers in the car or it won't start
> car is now useless

Do you faggots actually think this is okay?
>>
>>342621838
No, because that contract would be null and void because he can't make that demand. Any other bullshit scenario you want to pull out of your ass?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.