[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommendation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
Recommend me some good games with rpg and exploration. Just found out that Dark Souls3 doesn't run on my computer and want something from the steam sales.
>>
>>342600064
>>342600064
Mass Effect bundle is on sale. The first one is a pretty solid experience and the second is good but totally different.

Pillars of Eternity is amazing and you will get extreme value out of the sale price, it is Isometric though so hopefully you dig that.

Fallout New Vegas is 5 dollars and is mostly all exploration also the Elder Scrolls are all on sale.

Legend of Grimrock is super good too
>>
>>342600802

Scratch all that I said and go get Vampire the Masquerade
>>
>>342601010
>paying money for a game where the devs won't see a cent

Dumb WoD poster.
>>
File: 1412630161352.jpg (34 KB, 429x377) Image search: [Google]
1412630161352.jpg
34 KB, 429x377
I don't know if I should buy Stellaris wait for the price to drop more
>>
>>342600064
Too bad there isn't a single place in morrowind that looks like that
>>
File: tropicos.jpg (34 KB, 438x282) Image search: [Google]
tropicos.jpg
34 KB, 438x282
Talking about recommendations, which Tropico is best Tropico?

>>342601387
Probably wait, waiting is always best course of action with Paradox games.
>>
Gothic series.

Handcrafted worlds instead of generic dungeons with roads between them. Lots of choice on how you want to approach situations.
>>
>>342601489
This.
>>
>>342601489
You wot. That's Sadrith Mora seat of the Telvanni master race.
>>
Hijaking. Should I get helldivers seems fun enough.
>>
>>342602238
This. The series is amazing, although ugly as sin. Steam has some guides for making 1 and 2 run better on modern systems and looking a bit better. Also the controls are weird as fuck first, but after 30 minutes of playing they'll become more intuitive.

Make sure you get the bundle that doesn't include the Gothic 3 expansion and Arcania. The original dev team left after 3 was put out and a new shit team came in and made a horrible expansion abd Arcania.

Original dev team went on to make Risen, which is also really good. If Gothic is too clunky for you maybe try Risen. Risen 2 is shit, but Risen 3 is decent.

Also look up a few tips for gothic to enjoy it better. You're not going to be able to kill much until you get level 1 training in swords and get a decent weapon.
>>
>>342600802
Got every Mass Effect, and every fallout, got Elder Scrolls too. Got Grimrock 1+2 on last gog sales. Played Pillars of Eternity but I'm thinking White March DLC, is it worth it? Have player Pillars for about 14 hours, but the battle system is pretty s*** compared to BG2.
>>
>>342601010
Have played Bloodlines and Redemption multiple times. Fraking good games.
>>
>>342602238
Have every gothic, even Arcania a.k.a. "Gothic4"
>>
>>342603212
Have even every Risen. First one was too much of a Gothic, 2 and 3 we're okay pirate games, but not that good. Got to say that Morrowind and Gothic 2 are my favorite games.
>>
Should I get XCOM 2? Haven't played the first one.
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/245450/
>>
>>342604275
Have that in Gog. Great game. But I liked Might&Magic more when it came out. Even had Realms of Arkania 1-3, shadows over riva was my favorite because it was translated for finnish. Is it really that I have played every good Rpg? Ultima check, AD&D goldbox check, Magic Candle check.
>>
Icewind Dale 1+2 check, Baldur's Gate 1+2+Throne of Bhaal check, Planescape: Torment check, Fallout 1-4 check. Kotor 1+2 check. Nwn 1+2 check. Eye of the Beholder 1-3 check. I'm really thinking that there are no rpg's anymore that I haven't play'd.
>>
>>342605227
Divinity series
Jade Empire
Serpent in the Staglands
Underrail
Wasteland 2
Shadowrun Dragonfall and HK
Alpha Protocool

Granted those last 2 aren't that big on the exploration part.
>>
dark souls 3 runs on my 6 year old toaster, what kinda of fossil are you running?
>>
>>342601387
If I've never played a 4x game before, will stellaris suck? Basically I want to try it and the style looks great. But I have no experience with games like this.
>>
>>342605496
Have Divinity, Jade empire, Serpent in the Staglands, Shadowrun and Alpha Protocol. Didn't actually like wastelands 2, too much RNG. Play'd it when it got free weekend in steam. Made sniper who was shit in every other skill, he couldn't shoot anything, and when he got a shot, the gun went jammed. Haven't play'd Underrail. Heard it was more fallout1 than fallout2. Age of Decadence is good for rpg but the combat sucks.
>>
>>342605884
Stellaris is probably the easiest 4X/strategy to get into, pretty smooth sailing given how simplified it is currently.
>>
>>342605660
i5-3230m, 8 GB, Win8.1 64bit, NVidia GT 635M. It's the GPU that is the bottleneck for Dark souls3. Witcher3 is playable with tweaks.
>>
>>342600064
system shock 2
>>
>>342606281
Had it when it came out. It's one of my favorite games of all times. First one got better story but everything else was better in SS2. Had every Deus Ex too.
>>
>>342606234
is that a laptop?
>>
>>342606234
>"gaming" laptop
Well there's your problem.

>>342606608
>635M
>M

You bet it is.
>>
>>342606608
Yeah, it is a laptop. It was marketed as a gaming laptop when it came out. Brought it cheap when my desktop got too old. Athlon II x2 215, 4 GB, Nvidia gtx 550 ti.
>>
>>342603317
White March adds some cool story shit and some sweet new companions, if you didnt like the mechanics though I wouldnt bother
>>
Here's a bunch that always get overlooked or not mentioned often.
Arcanum
Anachronix
Avadon and anything by Spiderweb studios especially Avernum series
Freedom Force for awesome superhero shit
Lords of Xulima
Tales of Maj'Eyal or ADOM

Also, honestly, if you really can't find anything else try Lord of the Rings Online or Secret World. Secret World especially requires no money spent for awhile. While MMOs both have really massive and interesting worlds to explore unlike modern MMOs where it's all instanced and no reason to leave towns.

>>342604023
>First one was too much of a Gothic

You say that like it was a bad thing
>>
>>342606939
Oh shit Freedom Force I totally forgot about that game. There goes my weekend.
>>
ARX FATALIS
R
X

F
A
T
A
L
I
S
>>
>>342606939
Didn't really mean it was a bad thing. I was expecting something other and I got gothic. It was almost too much of a gothic 2. Arcanum is still THE S**T. Anachronix is good. Haven't actually played avadon but I've played the Avernum when they came out and Netherlands. Have to check Lords of Xulima and Tales of Maj'Eyal. Played ADOM too much in the 2003-2004. Not really fan of MMOs. Have played LOTRO and Secret World though. Have account for both. And even in ESO.
>>
>>342607478
Sounds like you've pretty much played all the good shit. Definitely recommend Avadon though. Third and final game comes out later this year finally.

There's always stuff like King's Quest and Quest for Glory if you've never played them. Adventure games, but really those are just a subgenre of RPGs.
>>
>>342606183
it's the easiest to get into because there's nothing to do

can you do nothing?> You can stellaris
>>
>>342603317
>s***
4chan is an 18+ website, kiddo.
>>
>>342600064
The dashbored meme game
http://store.steampowered.com/app/490860/
>>
>>342607130
Have it, but I haven't played the Arx Libertatis version. Got Ultima Underworld 1+2 too. Arx Fatalis is too overlooked game. Everyone says that Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is Arkane Studios best game, I say that it's Arx Fatalis.
>>
>>342607654
I actually started gaming in the 80s, with a Commodore 64. But the pillars combat system is not really that good. Example that in Baldur's Gate enemy came in close combat with your wizard, you moved the wizard out of the combat, enemy got one normal attack to your wizard as a attack of opportunity. In Pillars the same came to an auto kill of your wizard.
>>
File: photo.jpg (49 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
49 KB, 250x250
I think that you should buy Dragon's dogma dark arisen. This game first came out for xbox 360 and ps3 in 2012 and this year it came also for pc, so I think this should run pretty smooth even on a microwave. It costs like 20€ right now. It's pretty good game in my opinion.
>>
Might have to branch into JRPGs.

Trails in the Sky and Grandia 2 are the two best JRPGs on Steam. The Ys games if you want more fast paced action instead.
>>
I even played the Neverwinter MMO and spend some real money for it when it came out. I'm have been thinking that sword coast legends has been my only option but someone said that it's too action oriented without any rpg.
>>
>>342600064

Morrowind, no matter what the memes tell you the world and world design is top-tier
>>
File: witcher3 2015-05-23 23-14-22-59.jpg (234 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-05-23 23-14-22-59.jpg
234 KB, 1360x768
>>342608556
Got Trails in the sky 1+2, Grandia 2, Ys games and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Even Final Fantasy 4-9, didn't really like FF13. Friend of mine has been recommended Guild Wars 2, but I'm really not that fan of a MMOs. Lotro, Eso, Old republic and Secret world was playable as a single player experience, but I have heard that in Guild Wars 2 you have to be in a party to get most of it. Played age of conan too, and even subscribed it for a time.
>>
>>342606901
Your desktop is still better
>>
>>342609038
GW2 is garbage, you're friend is a dick. GW2 is the most lifeless and static MMO world with nothing to do except grind ad nauseam.
>>
File: ME2Game 2016-03-13 02-17-42-07.jpg (100 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ME2Game 2016-03-13 02-17-42-07.jpg
100 KB, 1600x900
>>342608618
It's the one game where i come back to. Brought it again in last x-mas sale. Got too tired to search the original cd's. Planescape: Torment is for better roleplaying but Morrowind's exploration is so much more.
>>
>>342609136
Well, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag plays better in it than the laptop, but everything else plays better in the laptop. MGS: Ground Zeroes had to be put in minimun in desktop to be playable. Laptop plays Phantom pain in high. But yeah, some games play better with the desktop than the laptop. And some games play better with the laptop, saint's row 3 was one of them. SR4 playd so smooth with the desktop, but the SR3 played 8 fps with all settings. In laptop both Saints Rows have no problems.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.