[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy it Dragon's Dogma? Is it really that good as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: dogma.png (1 MB, 1079x612) Image search: [Google]
dogma.png
1 MB, 1079x612
Should I buy it Dragon's Dogma? Is it really that good as you niggers say it is?
>>
>>342598215
lol no
>>
It's great just buy it
>>
It is a really solid action rpg. Your enjoyment really relies on if you find the combat fun though, as that is really the focus in the game.
>>
>>342598215
Its amazing but also really shit

One of my fav games
>>
what class do i start with? fighter mage or archer?

also post that loli pawn character creation settings picture please
>>
>>342598394
Fighter or archer
>>
File: DDDA 2016-01-19 11-35-21-40.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
DDDA 2016-01-19 11-35-21-40.webm
3 MB, 720x405
yeah, it's great

>>342598321
which you probably will, since it was made by the DMC4 team
>>
>>342598215
nope it's unfinished and really shows it
the rpg aspect is as shallow as it gets
most classes are just not fun to play
fighting big monsters and the combat in general is good though
there is also lots of armours and stuff to play dress up with if you're into that
>>
I'm having a blast playing as a loli strider.
>>
>>342598828
>most classes are just not fun to play
Objectively wrong
>>
Never finished my first playthrough cause of life stuff coming up, coming back to the game and starting new with mods, what class should I play. Gimme reasons.
>>
>>342598215
It's "good" but gets boring fast if you played a Souls game. The gameplay in DD just doesn't hold up nearly as well.
>>
>>342599506
Start as strider or fighter->get all passive skills from warrior->play all of the pure physical classes.
>>
>>342599348
Not him, but I found the balance in between some classes being awful, Magick Archer being absolutely bonkers strong, other classes not getting even half of the level of it.
Mostly spent time in Bitterblack isle though, and it was years ago.
Best feeling Skullsplitting C.Gorecyclops from top of the room
>>
It's okay game, definitely overrated on /v/
Pros
>The combat is great
Cons
>Plot is almost none existent
>The world is way too linear and empty
>Quests sucks
>>
>>342599929
The balance in dragon's dogma is that there's no balance
Not because there are weaker and stronger classes, but because every class has some absurdly strong thing that completely breaks the game if you abuse it

The only exceptions to this are mages, who are support, and warriors which are kinda shitty, and even they have a ridiculous jumping attack that makes all mid sized monsters a joke
>>
>>342599506
What mods?
>>
>>342600136
Yeah, but the super strong things seem to be mostly balanced, like with sorcerer, the big spells take really long times to charge, but with Magick Archer I can kill even Daimon piss easily and the attacks don't take much time nor stamina, and on top of that, most of the attacks are homing.
>>
>>342598215
>Is it really that good as you niggers say it is?

no, it's a jap as fuck game that was unduly worshipped here. it's nowhere near as good as people made it out to be. i got bored in minutes.
>>
>>342601596
Sorcerer is probably the most broken one out of the lot
Just fucking mash holy focused bolt and he dies in 5 seconds
>>
>>342598215
Don't fall for the meme the game is shit, cool concept shit execution. Plus I don't think the game has aged the best, feels like a ps2 game.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.