[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is all the Assassins Creed series as shitty as III? I first played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: AC3_cover_neutral.png (1 MB, 834x872) Image search: [Google]
AC3_cover_neutral.png
1 MB, 834x872
Is all the Assassins Creed series as shitty as III?
I first played Black Flag because I wanted to play a pirate game, and damn it was a good one. the gameplay was pretty good, and I even enjoyed the characters, even Edward had some development in the game. so I decided to give III a chance since Haytham was mentioned in Black Flag, I said to myself. "sure there might not be ships or sea, but if theres some field and towns it might be good, plus Connor looks cool as shit"

God I was wrong. Desmond, his Father and his friends are annoying as fuck. I couldn't give a shits about them, the first part playing as Haytham was meaningless since you switch to Connor, the first missions about hunting and hiding with Connor are boring as fuck, the game barely explains how some mechanics works, and if they do, its a half assed explanation, good thing I played BL first since they didn't even tell you about throwing money and how to use rope darts. Theres no point in buying or upgrading weapons since you already have your big ass Tomahawk and your Bow, I barely loot any enemies I kill since I dont need the money, while I Black Flag you were pretty much forced to upgrade or die.

Im already on Sequence 6 and even though im going to finish it (I never leave games unfinished) I dont think that im going to enjoy the next hours of this.

What are your thoughs on this game or the series as a whole /v/? also the horse riding is shit, clashing into every fucking tree good fucking dammit Ubisoft
>>
3/Unity/1/Syndicate and revelations are shit.
The rest are great, if you liked blackflag play rogue.
>>
>>342595042
>sure there might not be ships or sea
except it was III where ships and naval combat was introduced first

It was arguably better done too because come 4 they made it into an RPG of sorts where you couldn't even approach high-level ships and fortresses, so you were forced to grind levels
>>
Play the Ezio trilogy, Rogue and maybe Syndicate.

The rest are meh anon. Unity does have a couple of nice storyline assassination missions though.

AC is my guilty pleasure because Tenchu is never getting a squeal.
>>
>>342595042
Black flag was fucking awesome. Didnt really like the "Assassins' creed" part of it
>>
just play Rogue, man. it's basically Black Flag 2
>>
Go play Rogue, my man. It's better than BF
>>
>>342595201
>>342595314
>>342595626
>>342595679
I did look into Rogue and while it did seem to be more like BlackFlag, it also seemed to be more story oriented with the Templars and shit. which I honestly dont care about. might give it a try later once I finish III and take a break from the series. thanks anons

>>342595225
>except it was III where ships and naval combat was introduced first
Yeah i didn't know this before playing it honestly

>It was arguably better done too
I disagree because I actually enjoyed the RPG elements added on BlackFlag, there were also more options and customization for the ship, but cant blame III for missing those since it wasn't focused on ships or pirates

>>342595447
I didn't like it at the start too. but kinda like Edward, the Assasins grew on me as the game went on. first I wanted to just be a pirate and goof around, but as the game went on and you got more weapons and more reasons to help the Assassins i ended up enjoying it. It also helped that the Animus shit was not as pushy as it is in III
>>
>>342595951
just skip the cutscenes and play the game. that's what i do for all AC games.
>>
>>342595042
I gave up after Black flag, but I should've given up after Brotherhood

Even with its flaws, I think 1 is genuinely a decent game and storywise it's the most coherent of the series, and it made decent set-pieces out of the 9 targets

Conversely, ACII, which is widely considered to be the better game, is a lame revenge story that falls apart in the last quarter, with the main targets being reduced to chore-like routine kills or highly scripted scenes
>>
Unity is the only good one in my opinion
> semi engaging combat
> looks the best
>CUSTOMIZATION!
>>
>>342597398
Agreed. The only problem is the plot which almost like Ubisoft trying to imitate AC2 and the performance.
>>
>>342595042
ACIII is pretty bad, these days I've been replaying it, trying to see if it was really as bad as I remembered, trying to see if I missed something somewhere that makes it enjoyable, but I just can't get into it. The climbing is even more automated than usual, you just keep holding up and Connor does everything for you, yet people say it has the best parkour in the series, which I don't understand. At least in the others you could jump upwards and had to maneuver a little, it wasn't much but at least it had something

The combat is even more dumbed down than usual, and that's saying something, this is Assassin's Creed. You can't dodge or strafe, limited pretty much to attacking, breaking defenses or countering to basically watch cool stuff happen
The worst offender, though, is the beyond retarded combo stat the weapons have. Basically, an enemy can only be killed by regular attacks if that regular attack is an execution. The combo stat dictates how many hits in a row must be landed before an execution move can take place, and that combo stat tends to increase as the weapons get better, so basically getting better gear makes battles actually last longer and drag on more instead of being the other way around

Thing is, though, the hunting, while pretty simplistic, seemed interesting. And I can't really think of another game that offers a similar experience in that regard. Red Dead Redemption is nice, but I like denser forests, which ACIII offers.
I also liked getting the Captain Kidd Outfit and pretending I'm a pirate, and abusing the semi-automatic guns and Infinite ammo cheats, along with thunder kill. Makes for some over the top stuff that is entertaining, so its not like you can't enjoy the game. I'm sure it has its fags, and I'm glad it does. But it just isn't for me
>>
>>342598587

I also don't understand what they did with the Altaïr Outfit, the tails of the robe are glued to Connor's legs, lacking any manner of physics, and the leather pieces seem to be made of snakeskin or something and it's really shiny. It looks ugly in general. But some of the game's designs are pretty neat. Achilles' original outfit is GOAT, and I personally enjoy Captain Kidd's outfit since I'm a sucker for pirates, but the game has some neat designs, no doubt
>>
3 is absolutely dreadful. play 2 and black flag
>>
Is there any game that has combat like Assassin's Creed but actually good? Maybe more challenging?
I can't help but think that the combat could be really enjoyable, but it lacks a certain something, something important that I can't quite pinpoint

I personally thought that the two-handed swords in Brotherhood were kinda fun. It was interesting seeing how fast you could attack by canceling attacks into kicks and back into attacks
>>
File: 1350026739050.jpg (32 KB, 651x451) Image search: [Google]
1350026739050.jpg
32 KB, 651x451
>>342595314
>Tenchu is never getting a squeal.
>>
>>342598862
Shadow of Mordor can be tough if you purposefully gimp yourself. Same combat system too focusing on counter-attacks. Plus you can turn off the prompt that flashes above enemies' heads that tells you when to counter/dodge.
>>
>>342598862
Unity combat is actually more like bam ham, in a good way. Enemies now can attack simultaneously and can attack you while you're countering another enemy, which leads into attack cancelling. It's possibly the best combat in the entire series if not for the shit healing system.

Or Sleeping Dogs, but that's more like bam ham. Or just bam ham.
>>
>>342598862
You've got to nut up and just play God Hand.
>>
>>342595314
i remember having a huge fight with a gamer gurl i use to talk to on LIVE about how Tenchu Z was so much better than this crap AC game that wasnt really that popular at the time. That was also around the time casual video games started to get super popular out of no where.
>>
>>342595042
Ignore everyone else in this thread. Play the first game (don't have to finish it) to understand that the series began as a fucking tech demo for "next gen" consoles, back when that applied to 360s. Then play 2. Then play Brotherhood. If you looooooove Ezio, play Revelations. Then stop until a game is released that isn't universally hated on /v/.

/thread
>>
>>342600870
This but don't bother with Revelations. You'll get more than your fill with Brohood, trust me. I played 2/Brotherhood/Revelations all apart and I got sick so playing them back to back won't work like it can with better series.
>>
>>342600383
I've been seeing this God Hand since like 2006. What makes the combat so fucking godly?
>>
>>342600383
I do, but I'm still learning the ropes on dodging effectively. I tend to be overly offensive and get hit a lot by the demons

It's a pretty hype game, though. Gold & Silver almost rekt me the first time I got to them

>>342599946
Really? I thought that the co-op system the game has looked pretty interesting, and I'm really glad you could now equip spears and rifles full time, I was always a fan of spears. But I also heard the game is pretty prone to glitching, and that worries me. Nonetheless, I'll give it a more in-depth look, thanks

>>342599180
Shadow of Mordor. I'll check it out, thank you
>>
>>342595042
Yes. It's a franchise, which pretends to be histotically accurate and is marketed towards manchildren, who like to think they're edgy because they can carry a hidden dagger up their sleeve.
>>
>>342601119
Unity is and always be buggy and run like shite. If you able to past that, it's among the top AC games.
>>
>>342600870
The first game is definitely worth a shot, it's how the series began and I think it's really interesting, albeit pretty slow and somewhat clumsy. But still worth looking into

And I don't know what is it about Revelations, but it just isn't as fun as the other two Ezio games. Maybe it's because of fatigue, or because of the shoehorned bombs they try so hard to make you use, or because I don't find the setting as interesting, but the game just isn't as enjoyable. It's a more interesting story than Brotherhood, though, although that's not saying much. At least Ezio isn't the huge Gary Stu he was in Brotherhood and shows some flaws
>>
>>342601586
I find that the first time I played, I wasn't wowed, but each time I go back to it, it keeps me interested longer than Brotherhood does.
>>
No but honestly after 3 it has been quite average at best. II was the peak of the series

Even the often praised 4 is repetitive as fuck in the sea and a complete abortion when on foot
>>
>>342598981
I never played Tenchu, which one is the best one?
>>
File: GET A LOAD OF THIS.jpg (146 KB, 496x496) Image search: [Google]
GET A LOAD OF THIS.jpg
146 KB, 496x496
>>342602364
>3 is the peak
>Criticizing 4 after calling 3 the fucking peak

You're garbage. Leave.
>>
>>342602758
He said II, Anon, not III
>>
File: godhand.jpg (100 KB, 741x592) Image search: [Google]
godhand.jpg
100 KB, 741x592
>>342601060
It just is mang
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8-ZQV6KqPI
Also it emulates great so you really have no excuse
>>
>>342602457

1,2 and Wrath of Heaven.

There is no lock on for air assassinations, so it actually takes skill, and you feel like a Baws when you git gud
>>
>>342599946
I loved Unity. playing it for the second time now. the amount of detail is staggering. sure, its not a perfect game but it was very ambitious and i can find a way to respect that. the graphics are amazing. ok the story is shit but people that say that dont take into account all the little side stories/missions in the city that were taken from history. of course it really bothers me that arno and the assassins seem to be on the king's side of the conflict which is just dumb. anyway, great game.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.