[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see this game shilled on /v/ all the time >decide to try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Postal 3 The Gothening.jpg (79 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Postal 3 The Gothening.jpg
79 KB, 800x600
>see this game shilled on /v/ all the time
>decide to try it
>it's just Postal 2 with less mob infighting and less exciting missions

ITT: times when /v/ rec'd you bad games.
>>
>>342593178
Refund it
>>
i'm literally just pirating, and i have no clue what it's going to be like.

is it story heavy, or is there enough gameplay to justify the text?
>>
File: 1391781213419.gif (561 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1391781213419.gif
561 KB, 625x626
>>342593178
>>
>>342593745
Ye, most of the game is talking heads. The enemies are samey, the combat is sloppy, and the quests are mostly simplistic fetch quests that clash with the intended realism of the gameplay. It strongly reminded me of Fallout: New Vegas with its endless fetch quests masked by so much super srs dialogue that ultimately leaves no real choice to the player to steer the outcome of quests/story. The primitive graphics badly trying to emulate a real world environment feel really comfy, though.
>>
>>342593178

I guess you're not the target audience then, and that's okay.
>>
File: 1432838828793.gif (2 MB, 212x173) Image search: [Google]
1432838828793.gif
2 MB, 212x173
>>342593178
>>it's just Postal 2
>>
File: 1458487229978.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458487229978.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>342593178
>it's just Postal 2 with less mob infighting and less exciting missions
What?
>>
>>342593178
It's pretty good.

However, the gameplay is garbage (I don't know why /v/ hates Witcher 3 but at the same time praises this game but what can you do) and it completely drops the ball at the last 1/3 of the game.

Plus it has a lot of tedious walking where fuck all is happening. I still like it, the santa monica to hollywood parts more spefically.
>>
>>342594015
Vampire: Las Vegas when
>>
>>342593178
My favorite RPG personally. Has an awesome story, awesome setting (I have a soft spot for old World of Darkness), awesome music, awesome writing, awesome facial animations, awesome experience rewarding system.

However it has both abysmal combat, stealth and last 1/4 of the game, came out barely playable due to bugs at release (now fixed with fan patches)

Would recomend despite some major flaws.
>>
>not marathoning this on Halloween while dressed as a vampire, drunk on absinthe.
You're playing it wrong
>>
>tfw Dishonored is like CoD but with less shooting
>>
Crysis is like Red Alert, just without the base building, unit recruiting and strategy.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.