[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Don't kill me man, please, just let me go"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 69
File: TLOU no quarter.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TLOU no quarter.webm
3 MB, 1280x720

How did they get away with this?
>>
I tried sparing them, they just charge you once you lower your weapon.
>>
>let him go
>he attacks you anyway

I wish devs weren't such pussies to include grey AI behavior like an enemy truly fleeing the battle after he's been subdued by the player, perhaps even getting shot at by his angry buddies for attempted desertion
>>
>>342584171
>perhaps even getting shot at by his angry buddies for attempted desertion
Don't see why they would, they're just common bandits not the freaking Red Army

Agree on the first point though.
>>
That's kinda surprising honestly, one of the biggest ESRB red flags is killing people while they beg you not to.
>>
>>342584146
>>342584171
if you could actually let them go then it would be 10x more controversial that you even have the option of executing them in the first place, and they would have to censor it out of the game.
>>
>>342584323
I don't think so

these gamess are controverse-free as long as they don't show boobs. And it's not like other games don't exist with pacifist options in combat (MGS games)
>>
>I yield, I yield!
>Never should have come here
>>
>>342583892

Really fucking pissed me off when Naughty Dog removed dismemberment from TLoU multiplayer for EU/AUS regions.

Absolute faggotry. The main game was left untouched, but MP was censored. Fucking cancer. TLoU has some amazing death animations.
>>
was this censored in any of the European or Australian versions?
>>
>>342584529
blame your governments for being so sensitive about violence
it's not ND's fault. I'm really surprised they were even able to give you the main game uncensored over there (are you sure it's totally uncensored?).
>>
File: turn off tutorials mode pls.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
turn off tutorials mode pls.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>342584441
if they didn't get up and charge at you 100% of the time without exception, then you could never claim that executing them (as they plead for their lives) was justified as some form of preemptive self-defense; it would be just be cold blooded murder. There is no way in hell they could get away with having it like that, even in the American version of the game.

Also, people only care about nudity in the US. In most of the rest of the world, they censor violence over nudity
>>
>hitmarkers in a single player game
Fuckin hell
>>
>>342585579
>it would be just be cold blooded murder. There is no way in hell they could get away with having it like that, even in the American version of the game.
Doesn't stop GTA and lots of other crime games
>>
NEVER SHOULD OF COME HERE
>>
>>342585579
>There's no way in hell they could get away with having that

What makes you say so? There are tons of games where you can murder in cold blood and it's not like the US has a history of banning games
>>
>>342583892

>"Don't kill me man, please just let me go"
>"Fuck you nigger, your kind disgusts me"
>Joel "emptying my 9 at the welfare line" Miller

was this really necessary? c'mon
>>
>>342585768
people don't plead for their life as you kill them in GTA5, they just run away screaming or crouch on the ground moping. In GTA4 they sort of do, I remember a pedestrian saying "Don't shoot! Don't shoot!" as I was shooting him on a single occasion in 2008 (when playing the game on 360 at a friends house). I never heard it again when I got the game myself.

>>342585783
Then name some other games where you can kill a human as they beg you not to kill them. The only ones I can think of are Hatred (rated AO) and GTA4 as mentioned above
>>
dude stop, let me go
DUDE
>>
>>342585579
What the fuck? In The Last of Us alone you can choose to murder innocent people. It's not like the game was avoiding you doing such a thing.
>>
Why was Joel such a piece of shit?
>>
File: 1466414251530.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1466414251530.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>342585637
>single player game
>>
>>342586115
Even though they say don't shoot, it has no mechanical significance. Literally they just cover and the dialogue plays
>>
File: last-of-us-sarah-and-joel.png (406 KB, 811x447) Image search: [Google]
last-of-us-sarah-and-joel.png
406 KB, 811x447
>>342586340
he was a damaged individual, like almost everyone else in the game
>>
>>342583892
>spare him
>he attack again 4,5 seconds later

yeah, fuck you AAA games.
>>
>>342585774
Should have*
>>
>>342585968
I don't feel that this was as humorous as you may have anticipated
>>
>>342586340
He was hardened even from the beginning, surviving 20 years of anarchy did not help things.
>>
>>342586534
>they just cover and the dialogue plays
you could say the same thing about executing people in Hatred
>>
>>342586115
>name some games where you can kill a human as they beg you not to kill them

It's pretty common in RPGs to have quests that culminate in you deciding whether or not to spare a character while he's pleading for his life

Deus Ex in particular let you kill children and no one really gave a shit
>>
>>342586798
>It's pretty common in RPGs to have quests that culminate in you deciding whether or not to spare a character while he's pleading for his life

Can you give some examples? I'm talking about human / extemely-humanioid characters only
>>
>>342584635

Yeah, the main game had all the bells and whistles. The explosions were fantastic.

MP was censored, though.
>>
>>342586971
didn't see the last line of your post >>342586798 somehow
>>
>>342584146
Never should have come here!
>>
File: 1396658474574.gif (47 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1396658474574.gif
47 KB, 429x410
>Oh no you killed that poor set of pixels while he was begging for his life

Why are people such bleeding heart pussies these days?
>>
>>342586971
In the Witcher 1 you can give a witch to a bunch of raving fanatic and they'll exuecte her. She plead for her life and even offer you sex if you let her go. You can screw her and still let the fanatic kill her.
>>
>>342586646
see >>342585579
it's the same reason why the enemies in Skyrim attack you again after surrendering. The ESRB considers it a pretty big offense to kill people after they've surrendered to you and are at your mercy

>>342586313
you mean the surgeons assistants? You cannot really say for sure that they are "innocent." They were about to help kill Ellie after all. And I don't think they ever begged for their lives (though they might have exclaimed in horror)
>>
>>342587436
Well they do present the standpoint that they're trying to save the human race right before you kill them. And the woman definitely begs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCI75pAneW4
>>
>>342587436
>it's the same reason why the enemies in Skyrim attack you again after surrendering. The ESRB considers it a pretty big offense to kill people after they've surrendered to you and are at your mercy
that's fucking gay.
>>
>>342587632
Damn that was pretty brutal. Are you forced to kill the assistants?
>>
>>342587436

In Attila: Total War when you hover over the execution option after a battle you can hear the soldiers plead for mercy and their relief if you hover over release

Does that not offend the ESRB?
>>
>>342587760
Only the first one with the scalpel, you can leave the other two be.
>>
>>342587760
Nah, you can walk out and let them live if you are so some submissive beta male faggot.
>>
>>342587760
Only the first guy - he only threatens you and actually never attacks you but he stands in your way. The other two let you escape with the girl to save their own lives after witnessing his death.

You can kill them in any way you want, if you shoot them in the stomach with an assault rifle you'll even see them lying on the floor gasping before bleeding out.
>>
File: 1378773049843.gif (2 MB, 400x230) Image search: [Google]
1378773049843.gif
2 MB, 400x230
>>342583892
Hate that but always blamed AI never thought of it as a choice by devs like >>342584323
states and >>342585579
>that executing them (as they plead for their lives) was justified as some form of preemptive self-defense; it would be just be cold blooded murder. There is no way in hell they could get away with having it like that
puts it, thats what makes games compelling, the choices. the interaction, the personal sense of story telling in TLoU in particular is the only saving grace (as you could construe that Joel kills everyone ruthlessly cause he "has to for Ellen Paige" or whats her face. Like he does come the fuck on this game is old, he kills everyone for the girl

I mean, in any game, TLoU, Skyrim, Fallout, etc, I want the option to spare lives because that makes killing feel powerfully unnecessary, and makes times when you MUST attack feel special. Kinda like having the option to RUN in Pokeman. You didn't have to fight every fight as if you were blood thirsty.
>>
File: fug.png (145 KB, 272x253) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
145 KB, 272x253
>>342584323
>you let the enemy go
>the guy is later seen with a group of enemies
>depending on how well your last fight went, they react differently

>Oh shit! That's him! Run, get the fuck out of here!

>Hey, that's the asshole that killed Rick and Nate! Let's get 'em back!
>>
>>342588016

>NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE
>>
>>342587805
nah, the people in RTS's are too small and insignificant to count as real people. And it's especially okay because executing them is historically accurate
>>
>>342585774
THOUGHT I HEARD SOMETHING
>>
>>342586691
>hardened

The opposite. Dude was broken and beat. That's why he did what he did at the end.
>>
Is there a game out there that is more of a brutal murder simulator than TLOU? Other than the Manhunt series and Hatred I mean
>>
>>342588051
Should of *
>>
>>342588670
I certainly haven't played any, you really feel like every character in The Last of Us is legitimately trying to murder their enemy, no matter what they use to kill eachother with.
>>
>>342587760
>>342587827
>>342587896

I lit those fuckers up with the assault rifle. No one touches my daughteru
>>
This game had some awesome combat on grounded difficulty. I wish they would make another and drop the story and tag along character and focus on just the gameplay. The multi-player is pretty good too. I want to see bigger single player levels. Fuck it, just make an entirely different game.
>>
>>342589407
t. piece of shit
Even for Ellie, the surgery is the best choice
>>
>>342589420
The only problem I had with the multiplayer is that you only get one use out of a shiv. Like no one has a fucking knife?

>doubletap someone in the head from behind twice
>they spin and kill you

WHY IS THE SHIV THE ONLY LETHAL THING
>>
>>342589528
dont they have to hit you with a smoke bomb or get you from behind or something to shiv you
>>
>>342589607
Someone hasn't been taken to a shiv dance.
>>
>>342589491
No, it wasn't. The logs implied they'd cut open a bunch of other immune children in the past to no success. Even if somehow they WERE able to make a vaccine from Ellie, the Fireflies have no means to mass produce the vaccine nor any means to DISTRIBUTE said vaccination. They were virtually wiped out in every DMZ they came from.

And the vaccination still doesn't remove the fuckbillion clickers/bloaters that are already out there and laying seige to towns. Even still, the vaccine would only prevent you from turning -- it doesn't make you immune to getting your fucking throat ripped out.

Fireflies were literally not doing anything other than trying to make themselves feel better. The world was already over a long time ago and there's no unfucking it at that point.
>>
>>342586670

t-tumblrite detected!
gtfo y-you coalburner! haha!

I really wish choot would bring back the Roodypoo censor
>>
>>342589528
I always wondered about the knife thing too but figured it was for gameplay balance due to the crafting mechanic and even the crafting boosts. I look at the one use shiv as a hastily cobbled together, while under fire, last resort which is why it breaks easily.
>>
>>342589701
iirc Ellie was a better case than the other kids, so maybe they would have failed but they had a chance to succeed
They had no means to mass produce the vaccine but they could have gotten more power gradually just by proposing vaccines in exchange of manpower or stuff like that. There'd still be criminals but I think lots of people would regain hope and collaborate if a vaccine existed.
For the remaining infected, it's hard but their numbers would cease growing and after a lot of time, they might have been able to eradicate them all or at least in some parts of the world.

Basically, the surgery would have opened a path. A hard and long path, but it'd have been something big. For one life, you can potentially save at the very least thousands.
>>
>>342589959
>for definitely killing one person we have a chance to maybe if everything goes right, vaccinate people that ultimately still won't prevent their death at all, but just prevent them from turning into mushroom people
>by the way, we tried to kill you, and we never asked for her permission

Fuck that shit.
>>
>>342584171
IIRC, the ratings board gets its panties in a wad over this sort of thing. You can't have an enemy beg for their life and still have the option to kill them, or some shit. They have to always attack you.
>>
File: 1460580025915.png (248 KB, 449x500) Image search: [Google]
1460580025915.png
248 KB, 449x500
>>342583892
>gets shot in head with 12g
>entire cranium just dematerializes

even fallout 3 had better gore physics
>>
>>342590135
Sometimes you have to take tough decisions. A vaccine would probably save at least thousands of people, because it's very unlikely people wouldn't care about it, they lose a lot of men who get bitten so they'd see the utility of having a vaccine. When you're vaccined, infected aren't that bad, unless you're bitten at the head you can survive and get treated.

I'd say it's a necessary wrong.
>>
>>342590315
>even fallout 3 had better gore physics
lmao no
there is NO game with worse gore physics than fallout 3
>shoot someone in the head with a 9mm pistol
>their entire head just falls off like it was cut off by a guillotine
>>
>>342585579
I totally fucking forgot that you could take hostages in TLOU. I really need to replay that fucking game. Despite /v/ memery, I loved it when it came out and replayed it several times. I just haven't been playing anything but multiplayer in Remastered.

I wanted it to fade from my mind a little before I replayed it, I guess that's happened. About time I did Grounded mode anyway.
>>
>>342586340
Was anybody in that game not a piece of shit?
>>
>>342590448
I was talking about head explosion but yeah fallout 3 had awful dismemberment animations.
>>
>>342587760
I burn them with the Flamer. Feels like I'm torching Nazi scientists.
>>
>>342590528
Sarah and Tommy

Probably Henry too
>>
>>342590460

TLOU is the Citizen Kane of videogames. All of hte memers will die out but TLOU will continue its footprint in history
>>
>>342590315
Doesn't that basically happen in real life if you shoot someone in the face from point blank with a shotgun?
>>
>>342589528
You get one use out of a shiv given to you by Covert Training. If you craft one, it's two uses.

Still retarded. But that's easily the least retarded thing about the multiplayer, it has real issues. Which is a shame, because it's fantastic. But it used to be near perfection until ND jewed out with DLC and patches that ruined everything.
>>
>>342590608

i don't know. try it out
>>
>>342589808
Another miss
>>
>>342590608
No.
>>
File: Magic Hands Joel.webm (1 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Magic Hands Joel.webm
1 MB, 900x506
Should I post my webm's again?
>>
>>342585579
You're full of shit.

The obvious solution is to make it so that some enemies flee and others attack you. You as the player have no way of knowing which one is which so you execute all of them as a precaution.
>>
>>342590752
Jesus Christ I also totally forgot about the lock-on for the lobs in single player. I've been playing nothing but Factions for two years and don't remember the differences between the gameplay of the campaign and multi.
>>
File: Dead Bodies.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Dead Bodies.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>342590894

Here, have some random mulitplayer webm
>>
>>342590819
then the ESRB would say "you cant pull the trigger until the enemy makes their decision." They don't want you executing anyone pleading for their life while they still even have the possibility of truly surrendering to you.

I really don't know how they got a free pass on letting you murder the surgeons at the end
>>
File: team wipe.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
team wipe.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>342590752
post em
>>
File: Are they blind or something.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Are they blind or something.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>342591225

Alrighty.

It's all just dumb shit that happened in two playthroughs on grounded and a mulitplayer webm, but here goes.

>>342590894

Funnily enough, when I replayed the game on Easy to get some collectables I missed, I completely forgot there was a hud, and all those gameplay mechanics like the listen mode.
>>
>>342583892
>A group of men living together, presumably never having seen a woman in years.
>The game acts like their first instinct upon encountering Ellie would be to kill her, rather than rape her.

Am I supposed to believe that the apocalypse turned 90 percent of the population gay?
>>
>>342591307
>>
>>342591334

You see them murder a man and woman using their truck while going through Pittsburgh
And they talk about how they spent 5 hours chasing down a "crazy bitch" the night before you rode into town.

They probably raped tourists all the time
>>
>>342591307
>I completely forgot there was a hud, and all those gameplay mechanics like the listen mode.

You and me both. I only played it once on a difficulty below Survivor, so Survivor became the norm to me. When I got into factions, I actually thought that listen mode was only in multi for a long time. I had no recollection of using it in the story.

>>342591334
Well, I mean, David did try to turn her into his personal little cannibal fuck toy. And I had always just assumed they'd rape her if Joel got killed and she got caught.
>>
File: Nice Starting Point.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Nice Starting Point.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>342591417

>>342591334

In their defense, the AI doesn't actually see Ellie.
>>
>>342591475
>>342591475
This is the part of the game that just pissed me off, since on Survivor, I had a fucking shot, I could have counter-sniped the sniper, had he actually been present in the window. But it's just an autonomous gun that you can't fight against.
>>
damn
>>
>>342590608
I remember from some ISIS execution video where they shot the guy in the head with a shotgun most of his head just bursted open. He was standing a bit further away too.
>>
File: Retarded Brick.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Retarded Brick.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>342591474

The one thing I liked about Remastered, was that Photo Mode was so broken you could use it as the Listen Mode they took out of Grounded. You could pan out really far and see the whole area around you. I only learnt about this around halfway through, but boy it helped.

>>342591531

I was very conservative with my shots. I fucking hated this bit because I could've counter sniped him as well, but the game made me rush through several enemies and get to him in one go. I was also super low on health (as you can see in that webm and this) so any hit kills me no matter what.

I eventually did it, and wasted a kit when I didn't need to since it ends the level after this.
>>
>>342591531
That was the moment I realized the game was shit, they force you to charge all the way down the fucking street, gun your way through the house and then be forced into the sniper segment
The game gives you no freedom and will sacrifice gameplay for its shit story
>>
>>342591635
>>
>>342588331
>The opposite. Dude was broken and beat.
Emotionally scarred and indurate, yes, but not broken and beat. It's clear from the way they've introduced them 20 years later and some conversations between the thugs (and his brother) that Joel is one scary motherfucker and did a lot to survive. In fact he's so hardened it took him more than half of year of travel to accept Ellie as a human being.
>>
>>342584171
>I YIELD, I YIELD
>NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE
>>
>>342591646
linear =/= shit
if you could just pop the sniper it would be way too easy and exactly like every other encounter in the game
>>
>>342591531
>>342591646

Pissed me off too, since when I got in the hall, I used my own rifle to look in the room. He clearly wasn't at his gun stand, and I never saw him leave the building, so he was obviously hiding behind the door waiting to jump me.

Shooting at the wall does nothing, nor does throwing a bomb in the room first.

HURR HURR JUST STROLL ON IN AND GET JUMPED CUTSCENE
>>
File: Nice Spawning.webm (1 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Nice Spawning.webm
1 MB, 900x506
>>342591704
>>
>>342591646
I know, but when combat was right it was so good. Too many instances where they fucked it up though. The sniper dude, Ellie having to shoot someone, having to be caught at the check point at night. They always included some shit cut scene instead of just letting the player handle it.
>>
>>342591646
>>342591781
>>342591792

Well I actually liked the sniping infected segment. I just didn't fancy being unable to fight back against the sniper. That was a really poor gameplay choice that could have been handled differently. IMO, if you could countersnipe the guy in the window, another guy should have just jumped on the gun, giving you a moment to keep charging up without sniper fire.

I mean, something other than just an unmanned gun. Come on, Druckmann.
>>
>>342584323
in practice if your publishers are large enough and doesnt have a bad rep, controversy is small fry. "champion of diversity" Bioware went through more controversy than naughty dog unscathed with a smaller fan base and publisher.
>>
>>342591635
There's no listen mode in Survivor mode either. DESU it was a shitty mechanic from the get-go that just made people play much dumber because they had this crutch to lean on. I never used it much to begin with, so the transition to Survivior wasn't as jarring.
>>
>>342591724

motherfucker probably carved up a lot of thieves and slavers in those 20 years
>>
>>342590727
then what happens.
>>
File: This fucking AI.webm (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
This fucking AI.webm
3 MB, 700x394
>>342591915

Yeah I know, I was just saying.
>>
>>342591927
and a lot of innocent people
he said he was a hunter himself before
>>
>>342591984
I loved Left Behind simply for the fact that it let me sick infected on non-infected enemies, something that I'd wanted to do for the entire main game and never got to.
>>
>>342592094

Yeah, it was a shame 50% of it was a walking simulator.
>>
>>342591984
I discovered that in the bookstore part of Pittsburgh, if you sneak upstairs and manage to get past the guy guarding the exit, you can immediately turn left and jump out the window onto the roof and it causes every hunter in the bookstore to bug out. They start running around in circles on the fire escape stairs that are a little past the window you jumped out of. It's actually pretty awesome because you can blow up like 6 dudes at once with a single nail bomb
>>
>>342591795
Does this happen often in Remastered? I never saw this shit in the PS3 game, but haven't played it at all in Remastered.
>>
>>342591984
For all ND's talk about how intelligent the AI in TLoU was supposed to be there was alotta that shit going on.

Fucking Helghast in Killzone 2 really was the best AI I've ever seen from a PS3 game, fuckers were ruthless on Elite mode
>>
I just want to say that the ESRB is the worst thing ever created and anyone who even glances at game ratings should be kicked in their gaping cottage cheese and sand encrusted vaginas. There are legit adult men who act like soccer moms from 20 years ago when it comes to game rating and violence in games.
>>
>>342586115
>Then name some other games where you can kill a human as they beg you not to kill them.

Metal Gear Solid series since MGS2.
>>
>>342592267
>JUST TRY AND PULL THE TRIGGER
>>
File: Ragdolls.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Ragdolls.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>342592183

I hated that bookstore, fucking 15 people to take out, and they spawn two more upstairs if you take out everyone upstairs, then downstairs. God, must've taken me 3 hours to get everyone Grounded. Sounds fun though.

>>342592190

I don't know, I heard there were problems moving it to the PS4, but who knows. The game might've been like this the whole time but no one had a chance to record it. Thanks Share Button.

>>342592197

Their AI is shit like "If you hold someone up with no ammo, and shoot them. They instantly know you have no ammo and attack" and such. Nothing that impressive.
>>
>>342591936
you'll find out if you lurk a /b/ gore thread quick enough
>>
>>342592239
>There are legit adult men who act like soccer moms from 20 years ago when it comes to game rating and violence in games.

in all honestly these current bunch of cheeky fuckers crying about violence in games make the soccer moms of the 90's seem like reasonable human beans.
>>
File: Arguing on 4chan.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Arguing on 4chan.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>342592318
>>
>>342592239
It isnt the worst thing. It doesnt censor, it doesnt enforce. It just hand out ratings.
Americans are the worst. It was made because they dont read the back of the box.
>>
>>342592318
You just gotta move between the store and outside constantly.
>>
>>342590601
Ish
>>
>>342592317

They'd be lucky if they got the chance. I did a non lethal and normal run, but most of the time I just killed all the guards on sight and just didn't bother with them for like 90% of the game.
>>
>>342583892
>How did they get away with this?

Is this a new meme like the "What did they mean by this?" meme?

Fuck......... OOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF?!??!!?!?!?!?!??!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I like TLoU but its one of the few games I've ever played that gives me mind splitting headaches and nausea from playing it just a few hours
>>
File: kojimasmug.png (179 KB, 378x378) Image search: [Google]
kojimasmug.png
179 KB, 378x378
>>342592267

>MGS2 was released almost 15 years ago

truly a man ahead of our time
>>
File: 1466767285540.webm (3 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1466767285540.webm
3 MB, 768x432
>>342591984
>>342592147
>>342592183
>>342592197
The AI in Uncharted 4 is literally 10 times better than the AI in TLOU, thank god. For a while I just thought ND was shit with AI and that would never change
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1466499565373.webm
>>
File: comic code authority.jpg (9 KB, 160x167) Image search: [Google]
comic code authority.jpg
9 KB, 160x167
>>342592239
>I just want to say that the ESRB is the worst thing ever created
Nigga you really have shit perspective, compared to this shitshow, ESRB is a fucking blessing, yeah they aren't perfect and force companies to not be risque with their box art/advertising but they have never actually forced people to censor games outside of pornography/snuff film level violence
>>
Reminds me of that Ninja Gaiden 3 teaser that was censored after that scene where Ryu slaughters some dude that's begging for his life, saying he has a wife and child.
>>
File: Seagull Man.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Seagull Man.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>342592432

After a while I got it down to a tee. You take out the three guys outside, go to the left of the building and up the stairs. Take out the five guys upstairs going right from the door until you get to the stairs downstairs. You go down, take the two guys out near the lockers. There should be around 5 left at this point. They're usually scattered, and you'll have to get lucky to not be seen. Thankfully I was able to get them easily.

>>342592501

I never really messed around with the AI much in U4. I just played and finished the game. The only thing I did was drive off the small bridge and everyone would die in the car even though the height was barely a storey.
>>
File: How Black Guys fight.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
How Black Guys fight.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>342592648
>>
>>342592725
kek
>>
File: Run Ellie Run.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Run Ellie Run.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>342592725
>>
File: Ellie Knife.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Ellie Knife.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>342592867
>>
>>342583892
>How did they get away with this?
It's violence against a male. Of course no one is going to give a shit.
>>
File: Flying Clickers.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Flying Clickers.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>342592909
>>
>>342592942
well they do let you brutally murder that female surgeon as she begs for her life
>>
>>342586670
I found it pretty fucking funny

Death to the blacks
>>
>>342593014
>>
File: joel banderas.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
joel banderas.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>342583892
>assblasted about animal cruelty in a video game
fuck off PETA
>>
why didnt they patch the AI for the remaster? Was iit too hard to change it at that point?
>>
File: Bus.webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Bus.webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>342593143
>>
File: ellie in the corner.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ellie in the corner.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>342592867
>>
File: 1397579378060.png (42 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
1397579378060.png
42 KB, 449x401
nice game you got there
>>
>>342593326
you need to mash square faster
I've killed clickers on survivor difficulty with nothing but punches on many occasions, you just have to start the combo when they're already a little stunned
>>
>>342593343

>>342593464

I'm mashing as fast as I can.

The last zombie was on the floor, it just jumped on me because....well shit even I don't know.
>>
>>342593357
meh it doesn't really happen all that often. You usually only end up seeing the AI fuck up this bad if you are replaying the encounters for fun many times
>>
>>342593547
>>
File: Thank you Ellie.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Thank you Ellie.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>342593740
>>
>>342593861
>>
>>342593861
Goddamn. I played the remaster and I never ran into bugs half as bad as these
>>
>>342593547
Yeah I dont know how she got up and hit you like that. Maybe try holding down the sprint button and running at them as you punch them? Usually it makes it so you just hit them with left-right-left-right-left-right over and over until they die (or until you can kill them with a wall-smash or something), and you dont kick them or ever slow down your combo
>>
>>342583892
What? I don't remember this from my playthrough
>>
File: 270 trickshot.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
270 trickshot.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>342593914

Yeah, I also got Tails as my coin in Bioshock Infinite. A lot of random shit happens when I play vidya that no one else seems to come across.

At least the share button let me record this.

>>342593927

Maybe, I forgot there was a triangle prompt for a dodge so I used to mash Square, and I'd always get hit once in the combo sadly. There was probably a prompt there I couldn't see.
>>
File: Rage Quit.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Rage Quit.webm
2 MB, 900x506
>>342594059

Well shit, that's about all I have.

Might as well post the last remaining mulitplayer webms I have.
>>
File: Nice throw, here's mine..webm (3 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Nice throw, here's mine..webm
3 MB, 900x506
>>342594135
>>
>>342593740
ellie sniped him. but still, lol
>>
>>342583892
I've played through the game at least 5 times and I have never seen the enemies do that.
>>
>>342594059
>270 trickshot
It's a trickshot when you turn and shoot. Not other way around.
>>
>>342594224
you do it like this: >>342593343

instead of grabbing them when they are stunned on their knees, point your gun at them
>>
File: Pop the lock.webm (1 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Pop the lock.webm
1 MB, 900x506
>>342594237

I was never MLG pro.

I forget what this webm was.
>>
>>342594278
Welp, time for yet another playthrough.

I'm going to make every single enemy beg for their lives, pause to give them hope, then execute them.
>>
>>342588016
Maybe in 50 years.
>>
>>342594385
it's also fun to take hostages, shoot everyone around while using them as a human shield, and then shoot the hostage right in the temple as soon as they're dead (if he's still alive)
>>
>>342583892
Daily reminder that there is literally nothing after death.

Therefore, Immortality is logical.
>>
>>342584323
America isn't offended by violence, they get off on it

America is offended by the female body and blacks
>>
>>342583892
with sound:
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1466770523478.webm
>>
>>342583892
those graphics look like something from 2006
>>
>>342594967
PS3 version
>>
>>342594648
I'm American, this is true.
>>
File: 1460592812020.gif (210 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460592812020.gif
210 KB, 500x500
>>342594565
Immortality is logical even if there is something after death, if you mean cool as hell with no downside as logical.
>those faggots in fiction who could have immortality but give some shitty speech about when your time comes
>>
>>342588016
This is literally in that Lord of the Rings game that came out last year.
>>
File: 1466650055507.png (68 KB, 204x238) Image search: [Google]
1466650055507.png
68 KB, 204x238
>>342595280
>A fat flamboyant Uruk named Dush Runny Bowels was my main rival
>He never stopped coming back each time as suicidally aggressive as before but with more power
That game was worth the purchase.
>>
File: 1417369297954.png (636 KB, 1310x1170) Image search: [Google]
1417369297954.png
636 KB, 1310x1170
>>342591417
For all of how /v/ shits on TLoU, I have to admit that Winter was one of the best experiences I've ever had in gaming. The fact that Ellie can't easily melee everyone to death and has like no fucking weapons in the middle of a blizzard as she was being hunted was stressful as fuck. Then there's the entire fight with David which was insanely tense. By the end of the chapter, I actually had to turn off the game and take a breather.
>>
File: How it's meant to be done..webm (785 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
How it's meant to be done..webm
785 KB, 900x506
>>342595537

Yeah, shame that bit bugged when it worked the last hundred or so times I did it.
>>
>>342586667
bait*
>>
>>342583892
They can get away with everything as long it's about gore and murder and not women or sex
>>
>>342591225
>>342594187
Those melee kills that lock you in place look like they feel awful.

>>342594565
>>342595080
Enjoy floating around in space for trillions of years.
>>
>>342591771
Knew it was coming, but it still made me chuckle.
>>
>>342592197
That last level in Killzone 2 was so fucking hard because of how relentless the AI was. I didn't have a problem with any of the levels until that point.
>>
>>342595080
>those faggots in fiction who could have immortality but give some shitty speech about when your time comes

I hate that shit more than I could ever hate anything.

Death is NEVER a logical choice. Only a literally literal retard wants to deliberately die off.
>>
>>342588016
That would be cool.
If you just easy shoot them.. then have them mad and attempting to attack.

Blow them the fuck up with explosives and choppem up with machetes and hostage shooting them with shotguns.. make em flee.

>Less shootan
If you start shooting them before they run, maybe they start shooting back and you have your wanted gun fight.

Maybe have it so.. if you DONT and they run away... they mass a bigger NEXT group of enemies.
Or maybe have them try to ambush you at the next area or something, switch it up so everybodies games get a little different.
>>
File: Magician 6.webm (3 MB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
Magician 6.webm
3 MB, 1080x608
>>342588016
>you let the enemy go
>Ellie ask "Why did you let him go?
>Joel:" I don't know" or "To warn the others
>>
File: Shoot the bomb no audio.webm (3 MB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Shoot the bomb no audio.webm
3 MB, 1080x720
>>342591101
>>
File: TLoU Molotow 4man.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
TLoU Molotow 4man.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>
File: Magic no Audio.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Magic no Audio.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>342594135
>>
File: Magic 2 no Audio.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Magic 2 no Audio.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>342597991
>>
File: Magician 3.webm (1 MB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
Magician 3.webm
1 MB, 1080x608
>>342598061
>>
File: Magician 4.webm (3 MB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
Magician 4.webm
3 MB, 1080x608
>>342598130
>>
>>342584146
Yeah me too. This was a very disappointing missing feature.
>>
File: Magician 7.webm (1 MB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
Magician 7.webm
1 MB, 1080x608
>>342598227
>>
>>342583892
>there are people irl that have died by a shotgun blast blowing their brains into toilet seats
shiet
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (213 KB, 583x821) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
213 KB, 583x821
I stopped playing the MP when ND decided to ruin everything, after a year or so, like they do with every MP.
This was my character.
>>
File: Machete time 1.webm (3 MB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
Machete time 1.webm
3 MB, 1080x608
>>342598957
>Tip Fedora

They didnt ruin it
>>
The Last of Us is just not fun. Slow sneaking past areas full of Clickers that are programmed to walk towards you even if you are standing still is fucking awful. I gave up by the Graveyard.
>>
File: Clever Girl no Audio.webm (2 MB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
Clever Girl no Audio.webm
2 MB, 640x320
>>342599057
>>
File: Juked Bomb...webm (2 MB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
Juked Bomb...webm
2 MB, 1080x608
>>342599298
>>
File: TLOU.jpg (103 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
TLOU.jpg
103 KB, 1360x768
>>342592183
Something similar happened to me.
I didn't notice the window and went for the fire escape. I didn't go down the stairs and just hid right next to the door to fight back. And then, every single NPC inside the bookstore charged at the exit but they went past me and ran down the stairs as if I weren't there.

Maybe they were scripted to chase down a player that tries to escape from the place.
>>
>>342599112

It's a shame I never recorded it, but clickers can actually hide behind corners waiting for you.

If you startle a bunch of them, and they'll run around trying to look for you. They know where you are, but the game has to lie to you to make you think they don't.

When you're split from Ellie, and you're with Sam and you have to go past the Clickers. I got pissed dealing with them and wanted to rush in and startle them. When I did I ran past a pillar and was instantly killed, even though there was no clicker to be seen.

I did the same thing again, and went into Photo mode. The clicker was hiding behind the pillar, waiting for you to pass so it could kill you.
>>
File: 4Man Shotgun 2.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
4Man Shotgun 2.webm
2 MB, 720x405
>>342600372
Yeah that happend to me once too.
>>
File: Long Bow kill.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Long Bow kill.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>342601016
>>
File: 1143518220052.jpg (71 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
1143518220052.jpg
71 KB, 800x500
>>342590214
I'm not saying you're wrong, but how exactly? Do they push for an AO/18+ rating then?
Some older games like Perfect Dark and SiN totally had surrendering NPCs that you could execute and those games incidentally had pretty strict ratings.
>>
>>342585579
Friendly reminder that Modern Warfare 2 had an out-and-out terrorist level where you can kill dozens if not hundreds of civilians as they run away and scream, and they got a standard M rating.

You're also forgetting every GTA game ever if you think AI can't run away without getting an AO
>>
File: Shoot the bomb 2 no audio.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shoot the bomb 2 no audio.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>342601438
>>
File: 4man kill 1 no Audio.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
4man kill 1 no Audio.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>342601847
>>
>>342590372
Dumbfucks like you keep assuming those doctors hiding out in the middle of a city nobody goes to have ANY means of transporting and applying the cure, or even the equipment to synthesize one.
>>
File: 4man kill 2 no Audio.webm (2 MB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
4man kill 2 no Audio.webm
2 MB, 1080x720
>>342602086
>>
>>342586187
DELETE THIS
>>
File: 4man kill 3 no Audio.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
4man kill 3 no Audio.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>342603861
>>
File: reno.png (64 KB, 600x306) Image search: [Google]
reno.png
64 KB, 600x306
[going to be rich itensifies]
>>
File: 4man kill 4 no audio.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
4man kill 4 no audio.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>342603989
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.